Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 14:

"Mind if I join this party?"

Hermione tried valiantly to stay on her feet feeling woozy and a little off balance. She clasped a hand over the wound on her arm and cursed. She had been drugged. She tried to focus on the voice as she worked her way through the healing charms she learned during the Death Eater revolt to try and cleanse her system but after several minutes was overcome and she slumped against the wall.

Kyle just stared as the new arrival dropped from the roof of the building across from them and landed on the sidewalk with a quiet thud. He was dressed in simple black combat trousers and black hooded sweatshirt but his eyes were covered in thick black bandages. "Leave now, this doesn't concern you friend. We are on official government business. This woman is a wanted felon and we are taking her into custody."

The man just stood there half in the shadows but Kyle could see the corner of his mouth curl up into a slight smirk. "Nice try friend but she isn't going anywhere with you." The figure rasped his voice little more than a loud whisper. Kyle just smirked.

"I'd like to know your name before we beat you down." Kyle bit back a laugh "There is five of us and only two of you and Granger here wont be much use for the next two hours till the toxins in her blood stream wear off. So I'll say again leave this is none of your concern." The man just stood there and shifted his stance slightly. Kyle just shrugged. "You were warned." He gestured and his four men broke off from the loose circle around Hermione and advanced on the new target drawing their stun guns ready to subdue the new guy.

It was over in minutes. Kyle just stared in surprise at the fact his four best men lay in twitching heaps on the sidewalk. Somehow the stranger seemed to dance between them all never once really leaving the shadows yet somehow deflecting each attack back onto Kyle's men till all four lay there stunned by their own weapons

"As for my name, you can call me…Daredevil."

"Very good, lets see how you handle me then Daredevil." Kyle clenched his hand working the pins and needles from his skin before he slowly advanced upon his new advisory. Daredevil stayed within the shadows unmoving that slight half smile on his face. Suddenly Kyle moved almost snake quick striking out in a flurry of fists and feet trying to incapacitate his opponent. Daredevil responded blow for blow blocking every one of Kyle's strikes with his forearms and shins till finally he went on the offensive and his hand snaked past Kyle's guard. It slammed solidly into his gut driving the wind from his lungs and forced him to lie there gasping for breath while his opponent stood over him with a grim expression.

"Why did you try to kidnap her?" Kyle just spat a bloody glob of spittle on his opponent's chest and smirked.

Daredevil just looked down at him and shook his head before taking a single step and his booted food stepped onto Kyle's fingers. "Same question, different answer this time." Kyle grit his teeth biting back the yell of pain when suddenly another black Hum-vee pulled up and Kyle smirked as the doors opened and more of his men poured out.

A man, the obvious leader of the new arrivals drew a bead on Hermione as she leaned against the wall her eyes half closed. The little red dot of laser light on her forehead whilst another dot worked its way across Daredevil's shoulder. "Get down on your knee's and plus your hands behind your head."

Daredevil just stood applying more pressure to the foot on Kyle's fingers. "I won't ask again get on your knee's now." The man squeezed off a round, the 9mm-shell spanging off the ground at the targets feet. Suddenly Daredevil exploded into action, his arm extended, his night-stick a blur as it left his hand slamming against the man with his gun pointed at Hermione dropping him to a crumpled heap. A shot rang out and Daredevil spun biting back a cry of pain as he felt the bullet slam into his arm. He rolled trying to avoid another shot and gestured with his hand, a silent command and his night-stick slapped into his hand with a meaty thump before he was once more on his feet. He gathered the still drugged Hermione into his arms and leapt into the air seemingly bouncing off the walls as the other men drew their firearms and opened firing trying to tag him before he vanished over the building's roof and out of sight. Kyle rose from the ground a murderous look on his face. "This mission is aborted, gather up the wounded and return to the rendezvous point for debriefing." He climbed into the Hum-Vee his mind on this new development and his resulting failure.

************

Daredevil soared across the New York City roof tops heading towards Hermione's dorm building. Even with the additional burden he bounced and leapt and swung across the cavernous drops and soaring heights of the surrounding buildings till he finally arrived at his destination. He balanced on her window ledge as he slid open the window to her dorm room thankful her room mate was out and gently lay Hermione upon her bed and waited quietly. After several minutes she stirred as her magical ability forced the toxins in her system to decay and release her from their effect. With a gasp she sat up her hand clawing for a wand that wasn't there before she finally realised where she was. She stared at her rescuer with suspicion. "Who are you."

Daredevil quietly reached up with his good arm and began to unwind the bandage that covered his eyes. Hermione gasped in surprise but inside she knew just who this person would be. Vibrant green eyes met chocolate brown and he winced from the pain in his arm. "It's me Hermione, it's Harry."

TBC…

AN: After numerous rewrites and countless bouts of Writers block, the new chapter is finally completed to my satisfaction and hopefully yours as well. Till next time.

Yours truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau