Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations:

Chapter 6: Vengeance is mine.

It was with a heavy heart that he left Hermione alone in the cemetery when inside he wanted nothing better than to take her into his arms and love her like she deserved. Quietly he walked through the corridors of his school till at last he returned to his room. Once inside he stripped off his sodden cloak and muggle suit and flipped open his trunk and pulled out his denims, trainers and long sleeve top that he wore when he was training with Stick. He sat there on the edge of his bed ignoring the wrapping on his bedroom door and the voices of first Ron then Dumbledore and waited for it to become dark.

It was a little after sunset when Harry tucked his fathers invisibility cloak into his pack and finally opened the window to his bedroom and clambered onto the ledge and out using footholds and handholds long memorised to traverse the craggy walls of Hogwarts. Within minutes Harry's feet touched the ground and he started the trek towards the forbidden forest and the glade where the Thestrals could be found. They would be his quickest ride to London and the Ministry of Magic where he knew he would find at least two of his tormentors, Avery and Mc`Nair.

Harry made a quick stop by Hagrids hut for several provisions knowing the half giant would still be in Hogsmeade rip roaring drunk because of the funeral. He smiled almost as Fang pounced on him licking his face in that manic way of his before Harry managed to calm him down. He walked towards Hagrids supply cabinet and forced the rather pathetic lock and let his nose distinguish each one till he found Hagrids supply of fresh meat. He gripped the massive bucket his muscles straining under the load and blood sloshing over the side as he made his way towards the glade where he tipped the bucket over spilling the bloody chunks of meat onto the forest covered floor.

Soon enough the night winds slowly blew the scent of fresh meat and blood through the forest. His heightened senses soon picked up the sounds of hoof beats on the forest floor and the sounds of bushes being parted and soon enough he knew he was no longer alone in the glade, all around him he could hear the sounds of breathing. With each breath the faintest outline of the reptilian horse became visible and Harry very carefully approached the creature, showing it respect and he reached for it and gently stroke it's mane. The thestral neighed and leaned into Harry's touch and Harry knew without a doubt this was the same steed that carried him to the Ministry of magic.

"Hello my friend, I need your help again." The thestral neighed in consent, it's reptilian head bobbing up and down almost as if he was nodding. Harry gripped it's mane and swung himself onto it's back and donned his fathers cloak and soon they were off into the sky and heading towards London.

*******************

Mc'Nair winced as he felt his Dark Mark burn. He could feel his master's anger through their connection, he knew that this would not be a pleasant experience. He rose from behind his desk and quickly made his way to the Apparation point nodding slightly to Avery as he to joined him. By instruction the pair first apparated to Diagon Alley to avoid the new ministry tracking spells in place. The pair of death eaters made their way down the deserted street and turned off onto Knockturn alley completely calm in the fact none would attack them. That was their second mistake. A tile from one of the roofs above them came flying down at speed and struck Avery on the back of the head a solid blow knocking him to his knee's.

Mc'Nair whirled his wand raised as a black shape dropped from the rooftops in a crouch. "I don't know who you are but you have just made the biggest mistake of your life." Mc'Nair pointed his wand at the dark figure and smirked. "AVADA KEDAVRA!" The bolt of emerald death flew from the tip of wand and streaked across the short space between the two of them but suddenly he wasn't there anymore. Mc'Nair was stunned as the figure vaulted into the air above the killing curse and flew straight at him both feet forward driving them into his chest knocking him onto his back and sending the Death Eater skidding through the muddy street.

Avery pushed himself up onto his knees groggy and disorientated from the blow to his head. His vision blurred as he tried to focus on what was in front of him, he could barely make out the two figures a few feet away from him brawling in the street. He raised his wand gripping it in both hands to steady his aim and muttered the killing curse.

Harry smirked at the prone Mc'Nair even though he knew the death eater couldn't tell it was him with his face concealed under a black woollen ski mask. As Mc'Nair stood Harry closed the distance between them and started to punch and kick the larger man, pouring all his aggression into the blows. He felt a grim satisfaction as he felt bones crack under his blows and the pained yells of his enemy with every hit. But it could not all go his own way, Mc'Nair was a bog man and with a sweeping blow with his arm batted Harry away into the Mud and scrambled for his wand. Harry shook the ringing from his ears and stood to find a wand pointed at his face. "I warned you, you little bastard, AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Harry kicked forward diving face first into the mud as he felt the approaching killing curse aimed at his back and the one sent by Mc'Nair coming straight at him. He slide through the mud between an astonished Mc'Nair's legs and rolled onto his back and planted his foot in Mc'Nair's ass shoving him forward directly into the killing curse sent by Avery. He fell face first into the mud till with the surprised look on his face and lay there unmoving. Avery's luck was much worse, still dizzy from the blow to his head and his vision blurry he couldn't tell the difference between the killing curse he sent at Harry's back and the one sent by Mc'Nair. He didn't even react when Mc'Nairs curse struck him in the chest, dropping him like a bad habit into the mud of knockturn alley just as dead as his accomplice.

Harry pushed himself up out of the mud, he could feel his jaw pop as he worked his Jaw and he tried to clean part of the mud off when a high pitched squeak of fright drew his attention to the alley way. His senses barely percieved the person at the corner hiding in the shadows, the voice screeched out the Killing curse and ducking under the badly aimed killing curse Harry knew he had found the third member of his hit list.

Wormtail…

TBC….

AN: YES YES! Another day done another chapter posted and just to clear something up, this won't follow the movie canon but even so in the movie Elektra doesn't die. You know this by the fact when at the end he visits the rooftop where the rain scene took place and hanging from the line is elektra's good luck charm inscribed with Braille for Matt.

Yours in good faith (Even though I have none.)

The Evil know as Kai Lun Mau