Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind confrontations

Chapter 17

Harry's world seem to move in slow motion as he watched as she just stood there sagging with relief as Asmodeus went off the edge of the wharf. He called to her, his voice echoing, when suddenly his sense picked up the motion, the sound of dripping water and panting breath and a second figure appeared in his radar sense.

"HERMIONE!"

She looked up at him, he couldn't see her smile but knew it was there. "Harry!"

"HERMIONE LOOKOUT!" But he was too late as the gunshot rang out in the early morning light just before dawn. She stumbled backwards before she fell off the edge into the ice depths.

"Nooooo!" He wasted no time Asmodeus forgotten in his haste to save her and he bounded down the side of the building and along the wharf before he leapt in a perfect dive breaking through the icy surface.

It was like he was being smothered, every sense was over loaded as he searched in vain for her under water, but his hearing was distorted and his radar was confused as sound travelled differently through the water. He could feel the pressure in his lungs, his desperate need for oxygen and he forced himself to the surface where he took a heaving gasp and dived once more straining his abilities to their max, but it made no difference.

It was well after dawn when he finally gave up his search. He fell to his knee's and he screamed, rage, hate, sorrow, every thing in his heart at the time, she was gone, he had only just found her again…and she was taken from him. And that's when it crept over him, the rage, the same rage he felt when Lupin died, the same hatred he felt for a man long dead. Slowly he stood and pulled the wrappings from his face, he no longer cared and let them fall from his hands and blow away on the breeze that was slowly clearing the last remnants of the fog.

He wasn't sure how long he had been there on his knees, but he knew he was alone, the girl had been taken once more and so he stood. He relaxed his hold on his ability straining it to the max, he ignored the assault on his senses as sounds from the city tried to drown him in noise and he started to walk the length of the wharf. He could smell the sea air and the metallic tang of Hermione's blood on the wooden boards but ignored it, he knew it would be here somewhere and finally near the ladder it was there. Blood smeared the rung of the ladder and he drew a deep breath letting the distinct smell fill his mind and he smiled a cold dangerous expression on his face.

"Got you."

The smell of Asmodeus's blood hung in the air like a rainbow and he slowly followed it's trail, as he reached the road the blood trail faded but in it's place was the distinctive smell of leather polish and gasoline.

"Getting in a car wont stop me hunting you down." He began to jog, following the criss-crossing trail as it clearly headed towards the city. The noise grew steadily but Harry suppressed the pain he could feel growing as he doggedly followed the trail of the car Asmodeus had got into. So focused on his pursuit he didn't even notice when the noise all faded into a single constant and blood started to slowly trickle from his nose.

For hours he followed the trail as it wound through the city till at last it lead to an electronic gate that barred his way. He frowned the car was clearly on the other side of this gate, but he had no clue what this building was. He tapped his knight-stick against the metal bars and they rang clear in his mind giving him the distinct image of the gates. He walked about a metre to his left and let his hand run across the sign on the gates

*St Martins Private Clinic*

He frowned slightly, Asmodeus must have come here to get patched up, yeah well he, Harry would wait, could wait as long as necessary kill that man.

*********

Night had fallen and Harry was still perched on the rooftop watching and waiting but still nothing had entered or left through the security gate, well, if mountain won't come to Mohammed then Mohammed would go to the mountain. With a fluid grace he dropped from the edge of the building bouncing from ledge to ledge till he hit the floor with all the grace of a cat and crossed the street and using the wall as a spring board vaulted over the top without ever touching the gate.

Harry moved like a ghost as he used the stone facing of the building for handholds and slowly made his way up the wall to the roof. Using a Gargoyle that protruded from edge he hung there his delicate hearing picking the steady rhythm of at least two men on the roof. He smirked as he gripped the Gargoyle's face and swung up in an arc his legs spread and latched his ankles around one of the soldier's head and twisted his hips sharply. His legs twisted and the sharp crack of a neck breaking was lost in the cacophony noise from the city. Slowly while upside down he lowered the dead soldier to the ground silently and vaulted to his feet on the rooftop.

"Cooper are you there?"

Harry darted across the roof behind the remaining guard and tapped him on the shoulder causing him to spin round in surprise. Now Harry could have just knocked him out but after the loss of Hermione Harry was in no mood for mercy. His hand came up in a solid palm strike as the guard tried to raise the H&K semi automatic machine gun. There was a sharp crack as his nose broke and the cartilage was driven into his brain. The guard spasmed as Harry lowered him onto the tarred roof. Fishing through the guards pockets he withdrew a key card and fished a grenade from his belt and then straightened, he swore, he made a binding wizards oath that tonight Asmodeus would never see another sun rise.

TBC…

AN: What everyone thinking that Harry would save her at the last minute…sorry in case you missed it I don't cater to popular feelings. Dis is my world!!!!!

Yours Truly

The Exceptionally Evil creature known as Kai Lun Mau