Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 19

Harry could feel the flames as the fire spread rampantly through what remained of the conference room, he felt no guilt, these men, were not soldiers. They were worse, the soldiers were merely the arms and legs of this monster, the men who lay dead or dying in this room, they were it's brain, well when the brain dies the body can go on living unless put out of it's misery. So that's what he intended to do.

The noises from the house spread through his mind, his radar sense picking up the location of several soldiers outside the office. He sprinted across the short space, the soldiers yelling in surprise and panic as he dived into a forward hand spring his feet connecting with one troopers face knocking him of balance, teetering against the ruins of the railing. Harry twisted his hips as he bounced backwards his legs performing a split kick catching the to other soldiers as they tried to bring their weapons to bare.

He landed on his feet and quickly forward past the off balance soldier and grabbed the man's collar hauling him over the banister. Harry heaved, throwing the man in front of him as they both fell, his feet coming down like a mule kick driving into the mans chest while Harry used him like a spring board, slowing his own descent and turning it into a back flip. Landing on the tiled lobby like a cat, the soldier was not so lucky. He hit the tiles with a resounding thud, causing several to crack under the impact, his squad mates barely reacted it happened so quickly. Their guns swept over the railing as they opened fire but Harry ducked through a doorway and vanished downstairs towards the basement.

*********

Asmodeus was livid, one man was bringing this operation to it's knees, wizard or not this should not be happening, the only thing he could think of was the wizarding governments had caught wind of their experiments and sent in one of their own soldiers. Well soldier or not, wizard or not, he had over fifteen highly trained men under his command, this phantom would not make it out of the building alive. Suddenly gunfire from the main lobby caught his attention and he issued the command sending his team to investigate. They arrived just in time to see their target vanish downstairs to the basement, without a moments hesitation he pursued, this man had cost Asmodeus dearly, now he intend to be repaid.

He gestured with his hand and his squad of ten began to pair off and slowly made their way through the door, make no mistake they were informed just how dangerous this target was. With so many years of experience under each mans belt the men slowly made their way downstairs to the basement with a professionalism only seen in the most proficient of soldiers. The basement was huge, sectioned off with labs and treatment rooms and with a snap of his fingers and the shake of Asmodeus's hand the pairs began their search.

Suddenly a single word rang out in the large basement. "Reducto!" The crump of metal being crushed and the crackle of electricity and suddenly everything in the basement went black as the power went out.

"What the fuck!"

"Hey!"

"Silence all of you, he's down here somewhere, you have N.V.G's use them!" Asmodeus barked as he slid his own goggles over his eyes reducing his world to shades of green and yellow to replace the sudden darkness. Several affirmatives met his order and he frowned. "Team four respond." Asmodeus frowned. "Team four respond!"

There was a crackle over the radio earpieces and a yelp of pain. "All teams check in!"

"Team one over."

"Team three over."

"Team two, we are at the power relay's, the box is gone chief, looks like a demolitions char…Ugh!"

"Team two can you say again?" Asmodeus waited for team two to respond and grunted as he stumbled over something. "What the…" He glanced down and swore as he stared at the body of a member of team four. "All teams regroup, the target is using the darkness to his advantage, teams two and four are down I repeat teams two and four are down." He took a ready stance his 9mm in his hand as in the green and yellow hues of his night vision goggles his remaining men centred on his position.

Suddenly a figure exploded from the darkness darting through the middle of the group of arriving soldiers, his presence heralded by the sound of crunching bone and another of his dwindling troops collapsed bonelessly.

"Arrrgh!"

Asmodeus ducked as on of his troops spun his H&K coming to bearing and releasing a stream of bullets over his head, he bit back a yelp of pain as he was showered with red hot spent shell casings. He covered his head as his other men followed suit, the darkness of the basement lit with the bright flashes of gunfire.

Suddenly as it started it stopped as clips ran dry and the men sure in their success lowered their weapons, but a whispered word that seemed louder than a shout filled their ears.

"Accio grenade pins!"

Asmodeus wasted no time, he knew what that word would do and he scrambled to his feet as the tinkle of metal pins falling to the ground rang out in the darkness. His men panicked scrambling to pulls the grenades loose from their combat vests. As Asmodeus ran he raised his gun as he ran towards the experimentation area. He opened fire as he ran, all this happening in the space of a few seconds as the bullets impacted against the safety glass shattering it in it's frame. He dived in a roll, slamming against the window crashing through to room behind it as the grenades went off, the concussion and sound shock-wave rocking the medical chamber, causing bottles to crash to the floor. He curled up in a foetal position his arms curled around his head protectively as flames roared through the window and glass showered him from above.

Slowly he crawled away from the wall, his ears ringing from the blast and he stood on shaky legs and surveyed the scene before him. It was like a typical rendition of hell, fires raged out of control while debris lay strew all over the basement floor, ragged chunks were torn from the ceiling exposing the rooms above.

"You know, one of the advantages to knowing magic, is the ability to cast silencing charms, all those explosions, didn't hear a thing." From out of the fire and shadows he appeared, his black sweats covered with dust and a few tears, blood stained the sleeve of his hoody and he smiled at Asmodeus. "You took something precious from me, probably the only thing I ever really wanted, and you took her." He carefully stepped over a chuck of stone as he advanced. "Why, cause of some ones paranoia?" Harry laughed bitterly. "In my country the magical governments and muggle ones work together, and you know something I'm guessing they are the same here in the states, but then there's a word for people like you." Harry slid his remaining Knight-Stick from its harness into his hand. "Racist."

Asmodeus spat, the glob of fluid arcing across the small area landing on Harry's cheek. "Yeah well you and your freak bitch will be together again soon enough."

Harry saw red at his words and charged towards Asmodeus in a fit of rage, but Asmodeus, withdrew a small cylinder from his pocket and depressed a button, aiming in Harry's direction. Harry staggered screaming as the hand held siren's pitched wail went through his head like chainsaw, his radar sense failed, the images splitting into double then triple as he lashed out trying to strike his opponent. He stumbled as missed completely totally off balance when Asmodeus's fist slammed into his face and sent him sprawling.

The wail cut off and he could hear the amused snort of his enemy. "You know at first I wasn't sure, you turned up, dressed in black like bloody batman, but here's what I noticed…Your eyes were covered." Harry lunged towards the voice and grunted as he missed, tripping over the debris and was sent once again sprawling. Asmodeus smiled, and it wasn't a nice smile, he aimed the siren at Harry once more and pressed the trigger. Harry clamped his hands over his ears trying desperately to muffle the noise when the air left his lungs as Asmodeus drove his booted foot into his stomach.

"And then when you turned up at docks, what a surprise, your eyes are covered again, so I came to a very strange conclusion, you must be blind." He laughed as he once more drove his foot into Harry's side sending him rolling across the debris covered floor. "Now I found myself thinking, if you are blind, how could you fight like you were able to, and it clicked, you could hear what we were doing." He hauled back tightening his fingers around the siren canister and drove his fist solidly into Harry's face.

Asmodeus laughed as he stared down at a prone Harry and used his foot to roll him onto his back and stared down at his fallen enemy and smirked as he saw Harry's lips barely moving, blood trickling from his nose and mouth. "What's that you are saying?" He leaned over so his ear hovered above Harry's mouth

"Reducto…" Harry shoved Asmodeus away hard causing him to stumble over the debris as the siren in his hand exploded outwards from the Reductor curse. Asmodeus didn't start screaming till several moments after the fact as he stared at the bloody stump where his hand used to be. Suddenly his body exploded with pain as his brain processed what had happened as his bloody began to gush from the massacred hand.

Harry stood on shaky legs, bloody and battered, with blood seeping from his ears and nose he made his way across the room towards where his Knight-Stick lay. As he bent to lift it from the floor a single shot rang out and the bullet ricocheted off the remains of an examination table. Slowly he straightened and turned to face Asmodeus who was using the remains of a support pillar to stay upright, his gun clutched in his left hand wavering unsteadily from blood loss and pain.

"Why won't you just die!" He pulled the trigger again, the bullet impacting against Harry's Knight-stick ricocheting off into the ruined basement. Again he pulled the trigger the bullet grazing Harry's arm but Harry was beyond physical pain now, he stood there silent as the grave unseeing eyes focused on Asmodeus. "Die goddamn you!" He fired again and he stared as Harry moved, his Knight-stick suddenly in the path of the bullet and deflecting it sending it back along it's path at an upwards angle.

There was a crack like an egg braking and Asmodeus blinked in shock as suddenly blood began to trickle down from the hole between his eyes that the bullet had created in it's return path. Without a sound he toppled forward and lay there still in the ruined and burning basement. Silently Harry let the Knight-Stick drop from numb fingers and turned and limped towards the stairs.

**********

The sun was rising in the early morning and was met by a solitary figure, which stood on the warehouse roof edge watching at the light danced across the water's surface at the dockside. The figure stood strong for a few moments before finally he broke and fell to his knees his arms wrapped tightly around himself and howled in grief and pain.

**********

At the same time Harry was at the warehouse at County General in the E: R several doctors were congratulating themselves on successfully saving the life of a young woman, mid twenties brought in earlier that morning, found floating in the ocean with a gunshot wound to her stomach. As much drama and close calls her heart failing twice she was stabilised and the doctors moved on to other patients while she was left in the room waiting to be taken to ICU

The door to the room was locked tightly with no way through it but the quiet hiss of respirators and the beep of machines was broken by the sound of displaced air. And suddenly where first there was no one now stood a young man early twenties with pale blonde hair and a sneer.

"Well, well, well, who would have thought it come to be like this hmm Granger, left to die in a filthy muggle hospital." He reached under his robes and withdrew a vial of foul smelling green liquid. "This will likely hurt quiet a lot, it's a pity you're unconscious and won't feel it." He unstoppered the vial and tipped its contents over her bare stomach where the wound was and stepped away. The wound sizzled and the smell of scorch flesh filled the air but the wound seemed to be healing at an astonishing rate, in moments there was no sign of her ordeal except for a scar on her belly.

The Blonde man smiled cruelly. "Now the part I really am looking forward to." From his sleeve he produced a wand of black oak and smirked as he placed the tip to her forehead. "Obliviate…" satisfied he pulled a stone from his pocket and placed it in her hand and tapped it with his wand. "Portus" And with the rush of air filling a void she was gone, moments later he too vanished.

TBC…

AN: There we go the end of the second arc of my Daredevil / Harry Potter fic. It'll be a while before I start the final arc of the story as I intend to work on Awakening the Dragon for the next little while. Oh and in case your wondering N.V.G stands for Night Vision Goggles

Yours Truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau