Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter

Homecoming.

He had argued, he had pleaded, he had begged the firm Maitlans, Stuckey and Warners not to but they had not listened. And now Harry Potter found himself sitting in the first class cabin of British Airways Flight 765 to London. The reluctant son was going home.

He sat there in the comfort of the chairs plush exterior lost in memories he did not want to relive. He could see it in his minds eye over and over again, the gun shot, her fall into the icy waters, part of him accepted she was gone, but he would smell her perfume, would hear her voice, turning, searching to find that it was not her. He had sworn off his nightly activities, no longer did Harry Potter sail through the night sky over rooftops and chimneys like a demented Mary Poppins, instead he threw himself into his work becoming the firms youngest junior partner. Which was how he found himself on this flight back to the country that had abandoned him.

After living in New York for almost a year now the sounds of London were no real surprise to him, cars people and abundance of noise that pressed on his senses like familiar weight, he knew he shouldn't feel it but everything he heard, smelt, felt screamed home to him. And waving for a taxi he climbed inside with his bag. "London Hilton please."

**************

The trip proved uneventful with the Cabby regaling him with many tales of London and the usual Cabby talk. Tipping the man generously Harry had made his way into the hotel to check in and went to his room, he ran his fingers lightly over the Braille documents prepared for him by his secretary. It was a simple get to know you meeting between lawyers and a new client of such magnitude. World trade industries was one of the newer concerns but rising far and rapidly gaining contract after contract till after almost three years it was a major player in the world of business. Unfortunately he wouldn't be able to meet with David Malcom the CEO instead he would be meeting his personal assistant Elektra King tomorrow at 10 am. He sighed as he tucked the notes back into his brief case and lay back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. He could feel that itch, he was home, he knew he shouldn't go out there, he could be recognised but the urge was far to strong so slowly he climbed to his feet and grabbed his cane and left the hotel room.

He walked down the city streets, party-goers and night-clubbers and people just out for a good time filled London's streets as Harry walked a familiar path till finally his senses informed him that he stood outside the Leaky Cauldron. Inside his mind warred fighting the urge to step within its confines and into the world he used to long to be a part of. His hand reached out as if to close on the handle and it rested there for several moments before he stepped back and began to walk away. As he walked down the street his senses picked up the footsteps of two people shadowing him. He smirked slightly, this was just what he needed. Silently he turned into an alleyway and leapt his cane tucked under his arm as he grabbed a drainpipe and tugged himself into the darkness of one of the ledges.

"Huh, where'd he go?"

"He's gotta be in here somewhere this is a dead end, a suit like there he's gotta be packing so dough, so find him, he's blind you tosser so just look."

Harry smirked and with a forward Flip he sailed off the edge of the ledge and came down hard on top of the first assailant with a crunch of broken bones. The man groaned and Harry smiled in the darkness at his other mugger.

"Oh shite where the hell did you come from, no matter give me your wallet and you won't get hurt!"

Harry smiled he could smell the fear and hear the man's heart racing and he growled as the man pulled a 9mm from under his coat. "Bad mistake, last mistake."

Harry dropped his cane letting it hit the ground with a clatter and he darted forward, twisting even as he moved, the first and only shot ringing out in the alleyway before the mans screams drowned them out. The would be mugger stared down at his hand bent back at an unnatural angle and he fell to his knee's screaming in pain. And he stared at Harry who with gun in hand drew back his fist and swung driving the pistol butt into the guys face several times before he let him drop unconscious. With a casual shrug of his shoulders Harry tossed the gun into the nearest trashcan and slowly walked out of the Alley picking up his cane as he did. Shaking with adrenaline Harry turned back the way he came he walked down the streets and this time without hesitation he turned the handle and stepped inside. He glanced around letting the noise filter through his senses and he smiled slightly as the familiar presence of Tom the bar tender glanced his way.

"Tom sighed, bloody enchanters, charge more for bloody masking charms that don't work, third bloody muggle in the past month who's wandered in here." He reached for his wand and he stiffened in shock as the man turns to face him and raised the fringe of his hair slightly revealing a lightning bolt scar. "Bless my soul…" He trailed off as the man held a finger to his lips and crossed the room and stood at the bar.

"A butter beer would be nice Tom but I'm a little short on magical funds just now."

Tom grinned and reached for a bottle and set it on the counter. "For you my friend it's free, you gave me enough money that night to account for almost a years earnings my boy, or should I say Young man now, welcome home."

TBC…

AN: See I'm being extra, extra nice today and updated two stories in two days and I'm currently working on a third probably later today or tomorrow, gonna be another Marvel amalgamation with The Punisher, yeah I know I need help.

Yours Truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau