Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 15: Secrets Revealed

Daredevil quietly reached up with his good arm and began to unwind the bandage that covered his eyes. Hermione gasped in surprise but inside she knew just who this person would be. Vibrant green eyes met chocolate brown and he winced from the pain in his arm. "It's me Hermione, it's Harry."

She just sat there staring at him and his green, no emerald eyes and tried to grasp the situation. This was Harry the same Harry who was blind. This was Harry the same Harry who dropped from the roof of a second storey building and fought off four of her attackers and rescued her like he always did.

There was no way a blind person could have done that, hell if she was honest there was no way Harry if he was blind could of done half the things she saw him do since they met at the Dojo. So the logical conclusion was Harry wasn't blind. Her temper steadily rose, all these years she had felt responsible for his condition. All this time blaming his condition on herself and it was a lie. "BASTARD!" Her arm lashed out and so stunned was Harry at her outcry he didn't react and her open handed slap knocked him flying. He bit back a cry of pain as he landed on his wounded arm.

"Hermione what the hell are you doing?"

"All these years Harry, all this time you let me think you were blind, god damn you Harry Potter!"

Harry just sat up with a stunned expression on his face. "W-what no you got it wrong!"

"Don't lie to me, tonight, that day at the Dojo, hell even defeating Voldemort no blind person could do any of those things!"

Harry winced as he worked his jaw feeling it crackle and pop. "You were there in the hospital wing Mione, you heard Dumbledore, you heard Madam Pomfrey."

"We both know that Dumbledore would do anything if it meant giving you a better chance of beating Voldemort!"

Harry almost growled and stood advancing on her not caring about the pain in his cheek and his arm he reached out grabbing her by the shoulders. "Look at me Hermione, look closely, I never lied to you, maybe I didn't give you the whole truth but I. Am. Blind."

She struggled for several moments trying to get out of his firm grasp before she finally gave up and she focused on his eyes. What were once vibrant emerald in colour where not almost a pale jade. Gently she reached up and traced the faint scars at the corners of his eyes noticing, as she did that his eyes never moved. Slowly she reached for her bedroom lamp and switched it on the white bulb illuminating the room. She gasped when the pupils failed to respond. "H-how?"

"Think about it Hermione, what were we brewing that day in potions?"

Hermione frowned as she tried to recall the potion. "The Auspexious potion."

Harry nodded slightly. "Now what does the potion do Hermione?"

She frowned at his lecturing tone. "I'm not a simpleton Harry, the potion is a sense enhancer, but what has that got to do with how you are able to do the things you do."

Harry sighed. "Look just, just think ok…what does grated dragon liver do to potions it's added to?"

Hermione gasped as finally the truth dawned on her. "Grated dragon Liver increases the duration and potency of the potion it's added to."

Harry nodded and released his grip on her arms. "That day Malfoy didn't add grated Dragon liver Hermione. He palmed a full slice into your potion. The effect of the super strength enhancer and the explosion of the caldron basically destroyed the nerves in my eyes Mione, but it super charged almost every other sense I have." He snorted with amusement. "You have no idea what having my sense of smell back then and having to work near Snape was like." Hermione giggled nervously as she tried to take in everything he had told her. "Basic hygiene was not one of his strong points." Harry sat back down a little unsteadily woozy from the blood loss. "Dumbledore arranged for me to train under and old friend of his, someone like me, blind but with all his other senses in the super human ranges."

Hermione frowned as she watched him as he sat back down. "You are hurt." Harry could tell by her tone it wasn't a question but he shrugged.

"It's just a minor graze. A bullet nicked my arm as we were escaping. We need to talk about what happened Mione, who were those guys?"

Hermione just shook her head. "We will discuss that after we see to your arm Harry, into the bathroom and let me get it cleaned up for you. I'm sorry I don't have any potions handy, I wasn't expecting to find myself back in the middle of something like this again so soon."

Harry shook his head. "Look Mione it's just a scratch, I'll be fine, I have medical supplies back at my apartment."

Hermione grabbed his uninjured arm and pulled him to his feet helping to steady him as he swayed from a dizzy spell. "No way Harry you can barely stand now come on." Ignore his feeble protests she dragged him into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

She looked at his arm carefully. "Take your sweater off Harry I need a better look at it."

Harry just raised an eyebrow. "I think your just trying to check me out." She blushed hard trying to think of a decent reply but words failed her and she pulled open the cupboard under the sink and pulled out a first aid kit. "Quit stalling Potter it's not like I haven't seen it before you know." She bit back a gasp of surprise as he stood almost pinning her against the sink as he slowly tugged the sweater over his head. She bit her lip as she forced herself from reaching out to trace the contour f his chest and stomach. She turned away from him in the small space swallowing a slight moan when she rubbed against him. "Space becoming an issue here Harry."

Harry just grinned. "Oh sorry didn't see you there."

Hermione just stuck her tongue out at him. "Cute." She shook her head. "Strip, we need to clean the blood off you and I am not leaving you alone in case something happens." She grinned as she saw him blush a bright scarlet. "Let's go, in the shower with you."

Harry struggled regained his composure. "What's wrong with using the sink?"

"It's too small, no more stalling." She grinned playfully as she reached out letting a finger trail slowly down his stomach. "I won't do anything I know you're not feeling well."

"HEY!" Harry yelled in indignation. "I'm well enough thank you very much!"

Hermione snickered. "C'mon then Potter, I've waited three years for this, make my evening for me."

Harry grinned, it turned out to be the best damn shower in his life.

TBC…

AN: What can I say, I hope you enjoyed it cause it'll probably be the last one for a while as I'm currently entering a writers competition here in the UK and I'll likely be busy for the next month or so. Till then

Yours truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau