Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 5: Tears in the Rain.

A sombre mood filled the castle as the day of Remus Lupins funeral arrived, whilst most of the students did not know him personally, all those who had taken his defence against the dark arts class, even most of the Slytherins held him with a great respect.

Harry sat in his room dressed in black formal robes on top of his muggle suit. He waited in an armchair for a knock on the door to his room to signal it was time to leave. His expression was calm and collected but inside he grieved for the last tie to his parents was gone and he planned. He knew the names of those responsible and in his heart he wanted vengeance, he wanted to hurt them like they had hurt him, to kill them like they had killed Lupin. Inside the boy who lived something dark was brewing.

He looked up when he heard the rap on his door and Ron's voice through the wood. "Harry its time mate." He stood straightening his robe the best he could and he made his way across the floor his cane beating a steady rhythm on the stone floor as he pulled open the door and made his way out into the hall. Ron was silent as he and Harry proceeded down the corridor towards Dumbledore's office and the portkey that would transport them to the cemetery. As they stepped into Dumbledore's office Harry let his senses roam picking up scents of perfumes and quiet whispers of the few other people who would take the portkey to the funeral. He smiled slightly when he sensed Hermione's nearness though he quashed it brutally, she wasn't his nor would she ever be, it was to risky for him to love her. It would only get her killed.

He turned his gaze to the headmaster who in a soft voice asked if they were already. They nodded and Harry blushed when he felt Hermione's small soft hand cup his and lift it to touch the length of cord that Dumbledore had charmed to be the portkey. With the familiar jerk behind his navel and the sound of wind rushing through his ears the trio and the Headmaster found themselves in the grassy area of Hogmeades cemetery.

The minister spoke at length; of how Lupin was now with god and in a better place, but to Harry it was meaningless words spoken to make people feel better about the death of a friend. Soon the ceremony was over and the people around the graveyard soon retreated towards the Three Broomsticks for the wake Harry stood in a corner listening to the conversations going on within the room. He refrained from joining in finding a small part of himself laying the death of Remus at his own feet, even though he knew the majority of the blame lay at the hands of Voldemort and his death eaters.

As quietly as possible he extracted himself from the pub and made his way outside unnoticed except by two people, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasely.

Hermione watched with a broken hearted expression as Harry slipped quietly from the pub disappearing outside, more than anything else she wanted to go to him, to comfort him. She knew he needed her, now more than ever, every one who cared about Harry was slowly leaving and try as she might she couldn't help as her love for him grew by the day. She knew it wasn't fair to Ron, she knew that he loved her and in a way she also loved him, but it paled in comparison to her feelings for Harry.

Ron smiled sadly; inside he could feel his heart breaking. From across the room he could see her expression as she watched Harry leave the Three Broomsticks. He knew now what he had to do; he loved both of them Harry as a brother, Hermione as something else, but her love wasn't for him. He excused himself as he stepped out of the conversation with his brothers and quietly stepped behind Hermione gently touch her elbow to draw her attention.

She jumped as she felt a hand on her arm and she turned meeting the blue eyes of her boyfriend. "Hey Ron…" She trailed off at a loss for words.

He watched her as her gaze moved from him to the doorway Harry had vanished through and his mind finally settled on a decision. "You love him don't you." As he spoke his lips turned up in a bitter little smile, his eyes sad as he waited for her to answer.

Hermione stared at Ron for a moment clearly confused by his words. "Of course I love him, he's one of my best friends." She shrugged as once more her gaze went to the door.

Ron shook his head and tapped her shoulder causing her to face him again looking slightly annoyed. "You love him more than a friend Hermione, I can see it when you look at him, wasn't really sure till the day in the hospital wing." He leaned forward and hugged her tightly whispering softly in her ear. "Go after him, he needs you, make sure that he's not alone."

Hermione stepped out of the embrace and stared at Ron, her brown eyes glistened with growing tears, and she smiled gratefully and leaned forward and lay a lingering kiss on Ron's cheek before she pulled away and followed after her heart. Rons heart slowly broke as he watched he slip out the door to follow after Harry his own eyes wet with unshed tears when he started as a hand rested on his shoulder.

"That was a very good thing you just did Mr Weasely."

Ron turned slightly to stare up at Professor Dumbledore with a bitter smile before he turned his gaze to the door. "Tell that to my heart Professor, it doesn't seem to think so."

**********

She walked through the streets of Hogsmeade heading back towards the cemetery; somehow she knew that's where she would find Harry. She pulled her robes tighter around her as the weather started to grow cold, in the distance standing before Lupins grave stood Harry, she quickened her pace till she stood at his back and waited quietly for him to acknowledge her.

"He was my last link you know, there's nothing left of my parents except an aunt who despises me and a book of magical pictures that I can no longer see."

Quietly she stepped forward her slender arms embracing him from behind her cheek pressed against his shoulder. Harry sighed softly revelling in the gentle warmth of her body pressed against his. "I'm going away Mione."

She froze a sudden sweeping her body at his words. "No you can't, I wont let you we need you…I need you." She tightened her hold around him to reassure him that she wasn't going to let him go.

Harry laughed bitterly as his hand gently rested on hers. "You don't need me, you have Ron, you have your parents, all I do is get people killed." She released her hold and spun him bodily to face her and she reached up and cupped his face in her hands.

"I don't love Ron, I love you, I need you Harry, so please…don't go."

"No you can't love me, I won't let you love me, people who love me die."

She growled and yanked his head down surprising him as she pressed her lips against his kissing him passionately. Slowly he started to respond his lips on hers slowly growing in passion till they clutched tightly at each other's robes. Finally the need for oxygen forced the two apart and Harry lay his forehead against hers. "I love you…" He looked up at the sky as a fat rain drop splashed down on his head, soon another joined it then another till soon there was a almost a solid curtain of rain falling from the sky. Harry took a few steps back and he smiled as slowly with every drop of rain his radar pictured what she looked like. "My god you are beautiful."

Hermione blushed at his compliment before a look of wonder stole across her face. "How…"

Harry smiled bitterly. "Magic Hermione." He reached out his fingers tracing her face committing every curve to memory. "I have to go now, I love you." He leaned forward and he gently pressed his lips to hers before he stepped away and starts to walk out of the cemetery leaving his broken heart behind with the girl who's tears were lost in the rain.

TBC….

AN: Yeah I know straight from the movie, but I don't care.

Yours Evilly

Kai Lun Mau