Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 7: Loss of innocence

Wormtail muttered darkly as he trudged through the mud of Knockturn alley, he was a loyal Deatheater, it was thanks to he and he alone that their Dark Lord had been found, and he was treated like the tea boy. Fetch this Pettigrew; fetch that Pettigrew, Avery and Macnair are late go see what was keeping them Pettigrew.

He rounded the corner and stopped dead in surprise as he watched a masked figure pummel Macnair to his knees; suddenly two flashes of green light filled his vision. When the flash cleared from his eyes he saw the masked figure stand and Avery and Macnair lying face down in the mud. He squeaked in terror and almost pissed himself when the masked man turned his attention to him.

He raised his wand it weaving back and forth in the air and screeched out the killing curse without bothering to actually aim. He scampered away slipping and sliding in the muddy street trying to get back to the meeting point. Terror filled the four corners of his albeit small mind and made his attempts at Apparation impossible, he knew to try now he would likely splinch himself, so he ran as fast as he could.

**********

Harry ducked under the badly aimed curse smirking as he felt the crackle of energy and heat of the spell miss him by several yards and he began to chase his prey. He drew his wand and aimed at the roof of the building before him. Using the same trick shown to him by Stick "Accio!" The house stayed where it was and Harry soared through the air and landed lightly on the rooftop and started to run chasing after Wormtail watching from his high vantage point. He could take the sneaking little rat out anytime he felt like but decided to follow him and if it looked like at any point he would Apparate, well Wormtail would learn what a roof slate at speed would feel like. He would have almost found the panicking rodent amusing if the reason he was following him wasn't so serious. Soon enough Wormtail arrived at a rather nondescript house. He battered on the door till it cracked open slightly and Harry leapt into action. He slid down the tiled roof and he leapt into the open air somersaulting till his feet which were pointed at the back Pettigrew's back and when he struck there was an audible crack. Wormtail shot forward slamming into the door forcing it wide open, knocking the cloaked figure behind it off his feet and sliding down the wooden floor of the Hallway. Harry landed nimbly even in the muddy surface of the Alley and sprinted past the unconscious Pettigrew and ran past the door guard pointing his wand at him as he past yelling the stunning curse at the prone figure. He could hear yells of surprise and anger coming from one of the room to his left and with his radar sense estimated there were at least nine deatheaters inside.

The door swung open and a Black robed figure lurched into the hallway his wand raised, it was Crabbe. Harry didn't even bother giving his target the benefit of a magical death, as soon as he step into the hallway Harry with one hand ripped the white mask from his face with one hand and he slammed the palm if his other into the base of Crabbe's nose. There was an audible crunch as fragments of bone drove their way into the mass of meat that was supposedly a brain. Crabbe didn't even blink as blood trickled from his nose and he fell backwards dead. Harry ducked out of the open doorway as blasts of emerald death shoot through the portal slamming into the walls. Harry smiled grimly as he aimed his wand around the doorframe and pointed it into the room, with a whispered Obtenibrous an orb of black the size of a quaffle shot from the tip of Harry's wand and landed with a wet plop in the centre room. It exploded outwards filling the room with an impenetrable shadow. Yells of confusion filled Harry's ears as once more blasts of magic fired out of the darkness striking the opposite wall. Harry counted to ten and rounded the corner his wand holstered and the location of everyone in the room noted he grabbed a chair as he passed and swung it hard at the first of the shapes in his mind's eye. The figure folded with a grunt of pain as the chair shattered from the strength of the blow. Moving with the speed and grace taught to him from countless training sessions with stick he snatched up a piece of the chair the side leg in fact and he swung it at the next figure in the room. With a snap the figure dropped screaming in pain as he felt his knee shatter from the blow. By now the rest of the rooms occupants began to panic and began to fire stunning spells all over the room in an attempt to strike their assailant. But they struck nothing as Harry danced around the blast of energy and soon the yells of panic began to die out as one by one the deatheaters fell under the blows from the chair leg.

"Ilumminatius." The darkness blinked out of existence and Harry stood in the centre of Room breathing heavily. Around him several of the deatheaters lay groaning clutching at broken bones and Harry one by one stunned them and stepped back into the hallway only to see Wormtail groggily stagger up the stairs.

*********

While Harry battled within the room Wormtail was slowly waking from the blow he had received upon arrival. He bit his lip so hard he drew blood as he tried to stand. He could feel the blood squeezing past shattered bone in his shoulder, and he knew that he could not apparate now, he had to send word to his master of the attack and who had perpetrated it. Fifteen years as a rat had had it's side effect and now Pettigrew's senses were sharpened much the same way as a Rats and he knew the scent of his attacker…Harry Potter.

Using the walls to keep himself upright he staggered down the hallways to the stairs trying to reach the room the hawks were kept in, to try and inform his Master that Potters blindness was a lie and that he had attacked the meeting. Suddenly all noise in the room had ceased, not gloating laughter no muttered words and Pettigrew tried to speed up to get up the stairs as quick as he could. He squeaked in fear when he saw Potter walk into the hallway and turn to gaze at him.

*********

Harry smirked and he calmly walked down the hall to the bottom of the stairs, taking his time almost enjoying the fear he could smell coming off of Wormtail as he tried to escape. He sped up when Pettigrew reached the top and vanished out of view. Harry rounded the corner at the top and he ducked as a blast of Avada magic shot over his head. "You missed Peter, but I guess it's easier to hit boys who are laying still on the ground." Pettigrew whimpered as he backed down the hallway. "You betrayed everyone Peter…you betrayed my parents, you betrayed Dumbledore, you betrayed Sirius and you betrayed Remus. Is the place as a flunky at the feet of a man I intend to see buried six feet under and a magical hand worth the cost of the betrayal, why not simply ask for thirty pieces of silver Peter, would have marked you as a traitor a lot easier." Harry just stood at one end of the hall waiting for Pettigrew to answer. He didn't speak, he didn't move he just stood there waiting.

"Better to be the lap dog of the devil than to be his enemy, he is going to win and you are going to die." He raised his wand in his good arm and in his high pitched screech sent the Killing curse straight at Harry who in turn hurled the piece of wood straight at Pettigrew before he dived onto his stomach. With a crackle of energy the piece of wood flew through the middle of the emerald bolt of death and caught fire. But it never altered course and while the Avada Kedavra curse splashed harmlessly against the wall, the chair leg struck Wormtail squarely between the eyes driving him backwards through the window at the end of the hall.

Harry rose and he walked to the open window, Pettigrews screams had alerted the street and soon people began to mill around the dead and broken body laying on the cobbles below. For a brief moment when the people in the street glanced up at the broken window they saw a shadowy figure in the darkness before it vanished from view.

***********

Was the next evening when Harry climbed off the thestral once more within the clearing of the forbidden forest and began the trek back towards Hogwarts, he knew he would have to face the consequences of his actions but for now he just wanted to be alone. He climbed the front of the school using the aged walls to scale the heights till he stood on the roof of the observation deck on the astronomy tower. A voice behind him alerted him to the fact he was no longer alone.

"You have failed boy, you let your emotions get the better of you and took off on your little crusade for vengeance, you're no use to us now, your hands are as tainted as of those who you left dead back in London. When you learn control, maybe we'll talk again."

Harry spun an argument on his lips but there was no one there, Stick had already vanished and once more someone who Harry had come to respect and trust was gone from his life. His eyes burning with tears that could no longer fall he made his way down the walls of the castle till he arrived at his room and slipped in through the window. The room was pitch black but inside he could hear the soft breathing of someone asleep on his bed. He sniffed gently and the soft scent of wild vanilla filled his nose and he knew who was in his room…

He sat upon the bed and gently shook the shoulder of his slumbering sweetheart to gently rouse her. "Mione…wake up." Mione mumbled softly in her sleep but refused to wake, so Harry quietly lay beside her and slipped his arm across her waist and he lay there felling a kind of contentment he had never felt before as the girl of his dreams snuggled against him and soon he to fell asleep.

*********

Somewhere in the north of England a black feathered hawk with a letter tied to it's foot swooped through the window of a once deserted abbey and landed on the back of an elaborate throne, the figure on the throne frowned at the bird. He quickly pulled the note free and the bird cried out and rose in flight escaping the abbey. Voldemort opened the letter and he frowned.

"Dear Tom.

I have a spot in hell for you and Goyle, don't worry you'll be with friends, Avery Macnair and Pettigrew.

Yours faithfully

The Devil.

TBC…

AN: Hey sorry about the delay but I been working solidly for the past week making food for 420 people and had some wicked writers block…but as you see it's gone and the chapters up so enjoy

Yours truly The Evil know as Kai Lun Mau.