Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations:

Chapter 20

Two months after Hermione's disappearance

***********

It was dark in the meeting room where the remaining inner-circle members of Voldemorts DeathEaters. At the tables head sat Lucius Malfoy with his eyes closed listening silently to the proposals from the other members of the loyal.

"I will not state this again." Lucius opened his eyes finally and fixed the other five members with a baleful glare. "We will not sully our order with filthy muggle weapons or ideas, we are determined to wipe their filth from this world, so we will not sully ourselves with their ideas. Am. I. Understood."

With silent nods the five men rose from their seats their arguments firmly overridden, bowing to their new leader they turned leaving the room remaining silent, not taking the risk that their musings would trigger Lucius's wrath.

Finally when the door closed behind them Lucius sat back in his seat and closed his eyes. Silently another figure stepped out of the shadows and gently lay their hands upon his shoulders and rubbed gently.

"Ah Draco my boy, why can these fools not understand that their actions threaten our very way of life. I will not sully our illustrious order." He sighed and relaxed under his son's touch. "At least you understand my son, I know that you will stand by me." His eyes flew open as one hand vanished from his neck while the other clamped down hard in moments the feel of wood caressed his ear. "Draco no!"

"Avada Kedavra."

The flash of green light and rushing air filled the room and Draco Malfoy smirked as he shoved his father's mortal remains from the chair and quietly sat in his place. It was all his now, now they would do things his way.

***************

Time passes, two years before you know it and The Kingpin brings the Death Eaters under his iron control with a combination of brilliant business stratagem and brutal terror tactics. Gone were the old tactics involving targeting only muggles and half bloods, replaced by the practice of if you cross the Kingpin you vanished.

It was in this world that Ron Weasely found himself, Special Auror task force leader brought in to try and bring down the Death Eaters. And after a year in the field at last they had a lead, a witness, a member of the Kingpin's organisation had been captured, and rather than risk the Dementor's kiss had turned Ministries Evidence in return for his safety and witness protection.

So this was how he found himself part of an envoy using Ministry cars to transport Marcus Flint to the Wizengamot for trial. He sat in the lead car watching the London streets roll by. His nerves were strung tight as far as they would go which considering the situation was understandable. He was expecting the Kingpin to strike, there was no way he would let them get Flint to the interrogation easily. But even he wasn't prepared for the brutal savagery that followed. As his car rounded the corner first the road behind him exploded in a burst of fire and rubble causing his car to swerve and slam into a lamppost. Another explosion rocked the streets and Ron, dazed and confused struggled from his seat belt and staggered free from the wreck.

He could see the centre car cut off at both ends, the street a mess of fire and debris and through the flickering flames he watched as two of his team members climbed from their car hauling Flint out behind them. Ron could see the driver slumped over the steering wheel, blood decorating the ruined windshield and desperately he tried to clear the fog from his brain to cast the flame-freezing spell on himself to get to his men. He watched as a figure suddenly apparated into view between his two men and with a deft motion felled them both in a spray of blood. He cried out in horror and finally he remembered and flicked his wand in the intricate manner required and staggered through the fires towards the masked assailant.

"Murderer!" He drew his wand and fired a stunning spell but the concussion from the crash made his aim wonky and the spell slammed into the wrecked car causing the attacker to flinch. They turned and cast the full body bind on him and he toppled backwards to only find himself propped up against some rubble and watched as the assassin hauled Flint up from the ground and pressed the tip of their wand under his chin.

"The Kingpin sends his regards Marcus."

Ron blanched at the female voice, who had effortlessly slaughtered his men and he almost threw up as she cast a dark arts spell that slowly flayed the skin from Flints face before she dropped his corpse to the ground. With almost dainty movements she crossed the ground to Ron and slowly trailed her finger down his cheek. "I should kill you Auror but the Kingpin likes your bumbling ineptitude, he feels that if we kill you someone who can actually do the job would take over." She slowly drew the tip of her wand along his cheek opening a gash in its wake. "Be seeing you handsome." She stood and stepped away from Ron and with a crack of displaced air vanished from the crime scene.

Ron struggled to break free from the spell binding him feeling it weaken till at last he could move. He scrabbled towards his downed men and quickly checked their pulses even though he knew it to be hopeless. Their throats were slashed open and their eyes were staring up at the sky already glazing over. He looked at Marcus Flint but all the remained of his face was his skull and few remaining globs of raw flesh that clung to the bone. He rolled over and leaned back against the remains of the car and buried his head into his hands. After several moments a flash of red caught his eye and he glanced at the scrap of material and a word scrawled in blood.

Elektra.

TBC…

AN: Yeah yeah I can hear the complaints but my shoulders healed but you really are outta luck as I'm going outta town for the next two weeks…If I find the time I'll post an update for Awakening the Dragon before I go.

Yours Truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau