Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

AN: Just wanna say I have no idea what the deal is with girl's dorms whether they have on suite bathroom or not so in my world they don't. Oh yeah you are all gonna hate me for how this ends.

Blind Confrontations

It would be safe to say that after all these years apart the last place Hermione expected to find herself was naked, in bed with Harry Potter after what could possibly have been the best sex of her life, hell she didn't even know she could bend like that. She stifled a giggle as she lay there her head resting on Harry's chest listening to the steady rhythm of his heart while he slept. She would have stayed there all night if it weren't for the embarrassing fact that she had this desperate urge to pee that just would not go away.

She quietly climbed out of her bed and pulled her pyjamas on before she very quietly eased her way out into the hallway and padded silently down towards the bathroom to ease the pressure. When finally taken care of she stood before the sink and looked at her reflection and slimed brightly at what she saw. She saw a woman very much in love. A small giggle escaped her throat as she then proceeded back down the hall to her dorm and stopped when she saw the envelope pinned to the door with her name scrawled across it.

Curiously she tugged it free and pulled in open scanning the contents of the letter and paled.

Ms Granger

We have your friend. Come to the East Side Docks; warehouse number 46, come alone, if we catch any sight of your masked friend the girl will die.

Cody Asmodeus.

She tipped the envelope up and a necklace fell into her hand and she stared at it dumbly, it was Lauren, inside her she felt something burst to life. An anger that she had never felt before, not even with all the years she had battled Voldemorts minions did she feel this desperate need to beat the living shit out of someone.

She wasn't sure how long she stood in the hall staring at the necklace in her hands before she came to a conclusion, she had to go, and Harry couldn't know about it. Silently she crept back into the room and opened up her trunk pulling out her leathers from her time fighting the good fight, she had hoped she would never need to wear these again. Quietly she dressed and stood at the foot of the bed watching the love of her life sleep soundly in what could possibly be the first time for as long as she had known him. "I love you Harry." And on silent feet she left the confines of her room to begin the journey to the docks.

*********

Fog rolled in from the water giving the whole warehouse area a strange eerie feeling as Hermione walked between the buildings as she headed towards her destination. She knew she was being watched from the moment she had arrived but still she kept going forward, Lauren's life was at stake. Finally she arrived and stood before the warehouse glancing around. "Ok I'm here, come out and we'll trade!" Her voice echoed off the buildings as she silently waited for some kind sign.

"Cute outfit Ms Granger, leather suits you."

She turned to face the voice and bit back her curse at the sight of Asmodeus. "Where's Lauren, I want to see her!"

Asmodeus chuckled. "Now Ms Granger you are in no position to make demands, throw your wand away and then I will release the girl, after all she is normal, unlike you and your freaky powers."

Hermione ground her teeth as she raised her hand, and tossed the wand in her hand into the fog as far away as she could. It made a faint clatter of wood and it struck the side of a warehouse "I did what you asked, now let me see my friend."

"Of course, I am a man of my word." Asmodeus spoke softly into a radio mike and the warehouse door opened and two of his troops carried an unconscious Lauren outside. "We make the trade, when you surrender we will make sure she gets home safely."

Hermione smirked as she revelled in the feel of smooth mahogany as it slid from the leather bracer in her arm into her hand, screwing her eyes shut she swished and flicked yelling her incantation, forcing as much magical strength behind the words as she could manage. "LUMOS FLARIUS!" The area waved bathed in blinding white light, she smirked at the cries of pain coming from her opponents. Opening her eyes she jabbed her wand at Asmodeus and his men. "PURCUTIO!" the air seemed to solidify as it moved like a bulldozer slamming into the soldiers bowling them off their feet while she waved her wand. "Accio Lauren!" Her friend zoomed into her waiting arms and Hermione tried to apparate away and felt a creeping terror, as it would not work.

"GET THE BITCH!"

Fear gave her strength as she tossed her unconscious friend across her shoulders and began to run trying to lose the soldiers in the maze of warehouses.

Asmodeus snarled as he shook his head trying to clear the after image of yellow and green spots from his vision. "I want her alive!" His men nodded in the affirmative and spread out in a search and capture from the rogue witch.

*********

Hermione stumbled; her shoulders burning with fatigue as she once more shifted her friend trying to make carrying her easier. She should never have left without Harry and now she was trapped at these docks surrounded by men with guns. Suddenly something slammed into her and she and Lauren and her assailant tumbled in a heap. She struggled pulling her wand loose jabbing it into the soldier's ribs and let loose the percussion hex once again sending the man sailing through the air and into the side of a ware house. She scrambled to her feet desperate to get Lauren and get moving once more when a shot rang out strike the ground by her feet.

"Don't move Ms Granger, I would prefer to take you in alive." Asmodeus stood on the wharf his glock aimed steadily at her and a cold look on his face. "You have been most troublesome Ms Granger, but it's finished throw down your wand and surrender."

Hermione looked at him and cursed raising her wand like a gun fighter. "Expelliriamus!" Just as Asmodeus pulled the trigger. The gun skittered away across the wooden boards of the dock while the bullet clipped her arm cause her to drop her wand. She ignored it as it rolled over the edge and landing the water with a splash. Instead she charged at Asmodeus leaping into the air in a spinning heel kick connecting solidly with his arm as he blocked her blow. Back and forth they danced across the wooden wharf trading blows. Finally with a feint and driving right hook Hermione sent Asmodeus sailing backward over the edge into the water.

She sagged from a mixture of relief and exhaustion and clamped her hand over the bullet graze, now she just had to get Lauren out of here.

"HERMIONE!"

She looked up and saw the dark figure bounding across the warehouse roof towards and he she fought the urge to leap up and shout her joy at his arrival. "Harry!"

"HERMIONE LOOKOUT!"

She blinked and turned her world almost moving in slow motion as she caught sight of Asmodeus, he was on his knee's soaked to the skin but with the glock once more in his hands. A single shot rang out and she stumbled backwards her hands going to her stomach and coming away stained with blood.

"H-Harry." Hermione stumbled back once more and uttered his name before she toppled backwards into the dark waters and vanished from sight.

TBC…

AN: See I told ya you would all hate me by the time this was done

Yours Truly

The Evil known as Kai Lun Mau