Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 2: Quidditch

Night time became Harry's favorite time, because of his blindness Dumbledore allotted Harry private quarters to accomodate his need for things to remain in a set place to make finding things far easier, and to allow Harry and Stick the privacy needed for Harry to continue his training. During the day he attended classes his grades in each class including potions improving dramatically especially as he no longer had to attend the class with Snape, Dumbledore himself taking over as Harry's teacher and grading his results fairly for once. But at night Harry removed his robes and donned his sweats and T-shirt and took to the roof tops with Stick, the towers and roof tops of Hogwarts became Harry's play ground as the pair of enhanced sense blind men leapt and flipped and climbed the hallowed stones of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

Whilst his training improved his friendships deteriorated. Ron had walked into the hospital wing the night of Harry and Hermione's conversation and saw the pair asleep together on the bed, whilst he knew that nothing had happened he still couldn't help the jealousy that was inside him and as such he and Harry began to grow distant, while still friends neither were as close as they were in years past, and as for Hermione, it was safe to say she was in relationship hell, whilst she loved Ron, slowly but surely after that day in the hospital wings Harry was creeping into her thoughts in ways that she shouldn't be thinking about, so while they were all still friends whenever the three were together in the same place there was an awkwardness in the air.

Finally a day arrived that Harry was dreading, the first quidditch match of the season. Slytherin versus Ravenclaw, the student body all made their way to the stands and Harry feeling depressed as hell as it was driven home that to keep his new gifts a secret had to give up on another gift, his ability on a broom as seeker. As the match started the crowds roared and booed and Harry sitting in the front row of the stands gritted his teeth at the solid assault of noise that bombarded his senses, he listened to Lee Jordans commentary whilst his radar sense showed him and almost perfect three dimensional image. Harry watched as he traced every player and every ball, he studied the pitch and could help but follow the snitch as it left a ripple effect through the air as it moved so fast, but he could follow it easily. Ron stood at one side screaming for Cho Chang to get the bloody snitch whilst Hermione stood there with an almost bored look on her face on his other side, when suddenly a bludger was belted by one of the Slytherin beaters, soaring across the pitch towards Cho Chang as she sat waiting for sign of the snitch, with almost expert ease she swooped out of the way of the incoming bludger, unfortunately the railing behind her wasn't so lucky, with a crack the reinforced timbers shattered under the blow and Harry and Hermione found themselves falling over the edge of the fail towards the sandy pitch below. Without thinking Harry's wand was in his hand and aimed at Hermione. "Accio!" The screaming girl zoomed the few feet separating them into Harry's arms and with only a few meters left before they hit the ground Harry tried a trick Stick had taught him and he aimed his wand at support beam attached to the stand and cried Accio once more, the timber groaned refusing to budge but Harry with Hermione in his arms zoomed towards the wooden beam and collided with the frame with a heavy thump as Harry's feet touched down Hermione in his arms sobbing and clutching his shirt for dear life.

"Shhhh your safe now your safe Mione."

Hermione stared at him shock in her every feature even while tears streamed down her cheeks. "H-how d-did you do that?" Harry just shrugged.

"Complete fluke really, I just waved my wand in the general direction and hoped for the best."

Hermiones face paled at that thought and she retched her lunch emptying under the stands. A little unsteady she clutched at the support beam and Harry's robes to keep herself from falling. Harry slipped his arm around her waist to hold her steady as he waited patiently for the teachers he could hear coming to help get them both down, he needed them to come and get them or soon he would take matters into his own hands, he could feel the soft curve of her hip through her robes and the faint scent of lavender was being this close to her over powering his rational mind.

"Harry! Hermione!" Harry sighed greatfully as he heard Rons voice amongst the teachers voices and Dumbledores calling out Wingardium Leviosa and he felt himself floating towards the ground. He watched feeling something he did like as he watched Hermione ran to Ron almost leaping into his arms crying into his Robes. He swallowed his anger when he watched Rons arm go around her shoulders and quietly led her through the growing crowd back towards the school. His ears perked up as from above the crowds he heard the arrogant drawl he had grown to loathe over the years.

"Pity Potty and the Mudblood didn't break their necks on the way down." Harry narrowed his eyes as he pushed his way through the crowd startling several teachers as he walked out onto the pitch just as he saw Malfoy take off after the snitch not really caring that everyone else's attention was not on the game, he would win simple as that, it was what Malfoys did best. He dived for the pitch the snitch floating a few feet above the ground and with a triumphant yell he reached for it only to see a grey and black blur and the snitch vanish from his sight. He lost control of his broom and skidded across the grass turf and pushed himself up to find Potter nose to nose with him

Harry smirked ad held the captured snitch in front of Malfoys face. "Even blind I'm a better seeker than you ferret boy." With those words he tossed the now inert snitch to Dumbledore who watched them both with a slightly amused expression on his face at Harry's words and Malfoys expression and turned away to address the rest of the school while Harry made his way back to Hogwarts.

*********************

TBC...

AN: Just so everyone knows this fic is all planned out and mostly written as well it will follow Harry from his sixth year in hogwarts till he is a grown man and us such will probably be updated daily if all you wonderful people Review...so REVIEW!

and yes short chapters...but short chapters is what i do but i do a lot of em

yours truly the evil known as Kai Lun Mau