Unofficial Portkey Archive

Cayman Undercover by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Cayman Undercover

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: This is the latest chapter in Cayman Undercover. On an exciting note, about a week from now, Heaven and I will be meeting in person for the very first time. We're both looking forward to it! We don't know about the update schedule for next week, but will keep you posted. Enjoy the latest chapter!

Currently, Harry was stewing as he walked across the sand close to the ocean. She was a stubborn woman who never listened to what anyone else had to say. He loved her but it drove him mad when she wouldn't let him talk.

He couldn't change the past and those women hadn't meant anything to him. Why couldn't she understand that?

He sighed and sat down in a forgotten lounge chair, running his hands through his hair. The crashing of the waves on the shore lulled him to calm down after he took a few deep breaths.

"You look as if you could use a drink," someone said from behind him.

Harry turned and saw Monique. "That's all right," he said a bit shortly.

Monique sat down beside him and handed him her bottle of champagne. "Go ahead."

Harry looked at it for a long moment before taking a drink. "Thanks."

"You look awfully tense," Monique purred.

"Janie and I just had a little disagreement," Harry lied. "I'm just walking it off."

Monique took a sip from the bottle before handing it back to him. "Yes, she and I had a little disagreement too."

"What did she say?" Harry asked.

"Oh, you know," Monique said rolling her eyes. "Stay away from my man or I'll punch your lights out..."

Harry had to hide his sudden amusement. "She knows she has nothing to worry about."

"That's what I tried to tell her," Monique lied. "But you know she really is a jealous sort."

"She has nothing to worry about," Harry said again, taking another drink of Monique's champagne.

"I wish Antonin would act that way with me," Monique said wistfully. "Most of the time he doesn't care whether I'm coming or going."

"It's nice to have that sort of freedom," Harry answered.

"You'd think so," Monique said after taking a swig from the bottle. "But he doesn't care about me just what having me around does for him."

Harry began to feel slightly odd from the champagne, but took another sip recklessly. "Too bad for him," he said.

"We're alike you and I," Monique commented looking at him.

"I guess," Harry blinked at her, his vision suddenly a bit foggy.

"We are," Monique said inching closer to him. She giggled.

"Man," Harry struggled to keep his thoughts in check.

Monique leaned forward and nuzzled his neck. "You really do smell really, really good..."

Harry gulped. What she was doing felt amazing.

Monique's breath tickled his skin and her hands were moving underneath his shirt.

"Um..." Harry said thickly. "Wait--"

"I won't tell," Monique purred.

"I can't..." Harry stammered. "Her-- Janie's waiting for me..."

Monique continued on as if she hadn't heard him. She fumbled with his belt. "Do you fancy a swim?"

"No," Harry said. What the hell had been in that champagne?

"We could just do it right here," Monique suggested.

"Monique," Harry tried to push her hands away.

"Silly boy," Monique said nipping at his ear. "That champagne was laced with something that's lowered your inhibitions...you'll do what you really want. Your every desire can be yours..."

And what he truly wanted was to go back to Hermione. "I should go..." he said, nearly falling off the chair.

Monique stumbled to her feet and helped him. When he turned around, it was Hermione's face he saw. "Herm---"

Monique giggled. "No, silly. It's me, Monique."

"I need to get back," Harry's head was spinning and he was cursing himself for his stupidity in drinking that champagne.

"You need to stay here," Monique said grabbing his arm and pulling him back down on the chair. "We can cuddle..."

"Damn it," Harry rubbed his forehead. He couldn't help but notice as Monique untied the neck of her dress.

"Just relax," Monique whispered settling down beside him.

"I can't," Harry slurred his words together.

"She doesn't trust you," Monique whispered unbuttoning his shirt and planting kisses on his chest. "She doesn't understand you..."

"But I want her," Harry tried to push her away.

"Well, I want you," Monique purred. "And I always get what I want."

Harry started to protest again when Monique kissed him, hard.

It was last thing he remembered before everything went black.

The next morning, Hermione awoke and reached out for Harry, but only grabbed the pillow. "H-Harry?" she called out sleepily.

There was no answer, and she blinked and looked around the room. She realised in dismay that he hadn't come back.

Her mind immediately thought of the worst case scenario. What if something had happened with Dolohov?

Jumping out of the bed, she hurried into some clothes and left the cottage.

It was another beautiful day on the island, but Hermione didn't really notice. It was still quite early so there wasn't much activity on the beach. She saw a few of the hotel employees setting out chairs and umbrellas.

She kept her eyes peeled for Harry, hoping she'd find him somewhere on the path so she could avoid searching for him in the main hotel itself.

She recognised one of the hotel staff that she and Harry had come to know over the past few days. "Excuse me, Tim? Have you seen my husband?"

Tim shook his head. "No, Mrs. Montgomery. Not this morning. Is everything alright?"

"I think so," Hermione fought to keep control of her voice. "Um... if you happen to run by him--"

"I'll keep my eyes out for him," Tim promised. "Have a good day, Mrs. Montgomery."

"You too," Hermione said absently, trudging across the sand.

She walked a little further down the beach and was about to turn around when she spotted someone lying down on one of the forgotten lounges. She stepped forward to get a better look and her heart seemed to stop.

"Harry?" she whispered. For a moment she thought he was passed out alone until he turned and she saw Monique curled up against his side.

They were both completely nude. Forgetting about the case, Hermione kicked the chair as hard as she could with her foot.

"What?" Harry mumbled as he rubbed his eyes.

"Rise and shine," Hermione said through clenched teeth.

"Her-- Janie?" Harry asked. "What's going on?"

"Sleep well?" Hermione asked sarcastically.

Monique began to stir. "Mmmmmmm......"

Harry realised he was completely nude and grabbed his clothes. He tossed Monique's dress at her.

Hermione didn't even know what to say so she turned on her heels and started back for the cottage.

"What the hell happened here?" Harry barked at Monique. "What did you do to me?"

"Gave you the best night of your life," Monique said blearily.

"I've already had that," Harry said coldly. "We didn't do anything, did we?"

Monique giggled. "The better question would be what DIDN'T we do?"

Harry shook his head. "You drugged me. We didn't do anything."

Monique quickly got dressed. "Are you sure?"

"You kissed me and I passed out," Harry recalled. "You didn't do a damn thing after that except undress me."

"You'll never know," Monique said grinning at him.

"You're despicable," Harry replied.

Monique just gave him a wave before heading back up the beach.

Harry went back to the cottage as fast as he could. He hoped he could explain this somehow to Hermione.

The door to the cottage was locked and Harry couldn't find the key card. He pounded on the door. "Janie!"

Hermione heard him knocking but didn't answer the door. If he thought he was just waltzing back in here, he had another thing coming.

"Janie!" Harry pounded on the door again, which only made his headache worse. "Please----let me in!"

"Go away," Hermione snapped.

Harry leaned against the door. "Janie...I know that what you saw looked bad, but it wasn't....do you really think I'd do that?"

Hermione felt tears well up in her eyes. "I know what I saw!"

"Will you just let me in so we can talk about this?" Harry asked.

Hermione closed her eyes and wiped away the tears that had fallen. For the sake of appearances and their assignment, she finally opened the door.

"Thank you," Harry said quietly.

Hermione stalked past him to the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Harry winced. He followed her into the bedroom. "I didn't shag her, Hermione."

"I don't care what you did," Hermione said icily. "Nothing you do anymore will matter to me. Ever again."

Harry reached for her. "Hermione, I love you."

"Don't you touch me," Hermione propelled herself away. "Don't you dare even come near me."

He looked at her as if she'd slapped him. For a moment he thought about giving her some space, but he wasn't going to let her go that easily. "Look, last night after we fought, I went for a walk to clear my head," Harry tried to explain. "I ran into her and she had a bottle of champagne..."

"A likely story," Hermione snorted.

"Things are a little cloudy, but she did throw herself at me and I tried to fight her off," Harry continued. "But she put something in the champagne."

"You were NAKED!" Hermione said, her eyes filling with tears again.

"Hermione," Harry said pleadingly. "I love you. I would never cheat on you. You have to believe that. Believe in me. I know what you saw, but it wasn't the way it really was. I promise you."

Hermione shook her head. "I really fell for it again. I really thought you loved me this time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I have no one but myself to blame."

"I DO LOVE YOU!" Harry exclaimed. His head was throbbing.

"An act," Hermione wiped her eyes. "All an act."

Harry reached for her again, but suddenly felt quite light-headed. "Herm...my head...."

Despite how she was feeling towards him at the moment, she nodded. "I'll get you a potion. We still have an assignment we have to finish."

Harry sat down on the edge of the bed, putting his head in his hands.

A few minutes later, Hermione held out a steaming cup. "Here."

"Thanks," Harry said taking the cup from her. "I was an idiot for drinking from that bottle."

"Yes you were," she said bluntly.

Harry took a sip from the cup all the while keeping his gaze on Hermione. He hated that he was the cause of her pain, but he couldn't see why she wouldn't at least listen to him.

Hermione began to pack up some of her things. She wanted to avoid speaking to him.

Harry drained the cup and set it aside. "Hermione, please."

"I said don't talk to me," Hermione wouldn't look at him.

"What do you want me to do?" Harry asked her.

"Not talk to me," Hermione said. "Ever again."

"I'm going to take a shower," Harry said standing up. "And when I get out, we're going to talk about this. I'm not going to lose you, Hermione."

She didn't say anything and continued to pack her things.

Harry grabbed a change of clothes and headed into the bathroom. There had to be some way to prove to Hermione that he wasn't capable of this.

Once he was gone, Hermione sagged onto the bed. Just one day ago, she'd been happy; they'd been in love and engaged to be married when they got back to England. Now she didn't know what to do. Twice she almost dialled Lavender back at home but this wasn't something she could go into over the phone.

She'd pulled herself together the last time this had happened. She could do it again.

"Be strong," Hermione whispered to herself. "Don't let him back."

What got to her was how he just expected her to believe him. She didn't think he'd be preaching forgiveness if the situations were reversed and he'd found her starkers on the beach with another bloke.

She briefly debated leaving the room but didn't want to run into anyone, especially Monique.

Monique. That cow finally had what she wanted.

Harry chose that moment to come out of the loo. "Can we talk?" he asked.

"We don't have anything to say to each other," Hermione said turning away so she could wipe at her eyes.

"We have everything to say," Harry replied. "I don't believe anything happened last night. I passed out and I think she made it look like we did something."

"Put yourself in my position, Harry," Hermione said. "Imagine how you'd feel if after you and I had a huge row, I walked out and the very next morning, you found me with another bloke."

"I'd be pissed," Harry answered. "But I like to think that I'd hear you out."

"You know you wouldn't," Hermione shook her head. "But you wouldn't have found yourself in that situation because I would never have done that to you, Harry. Never."

Harry was quiet. "Whatever I have to do to make this up to you, I'll do it." he said simply. "I don't care how long it takes."

Hermione looked over at him. "This is all wrong. I feel as if I'm in the middle of this nightmare."

"You aren't," Harry said. "We can still be together, Hermione."

She touched his arm. Everything in her told her to get up and leave, but she couldn't move.

"We can be together," he said softly. "I love you more than anything else on this planet, Hermione."

She allowed him to take her in his arms and she held onto him tightly. Monique was vindictive and she'd made no secret of her motives towards Harry.

Harry hugged her. "Please just say you believe me," he kissed her forehead. "We can work through his." he thought of the ring he'd hidden in the dresser.

"I believe you," Hermione whispered.

"You do?" he asked. "Really?"

Hermione pulled away to look at him properly. "I was hurt earlier when I saw you---"

"I know," he said quietly. "You have no idea how sorry I am about that."

"What do you remember?" Hermione asked, not really sure if she wanted to know all the details.

"I was stupid and drank some of her champagne," Harry recalled. "And... I just remember wanting to get back to you. She said whatever she put in there would lower my inhibitions and make me give in to what I wanted the most. And I wanted to come back here, and see you."

"I'm sure she loved that," Hermione said bitterly.

"I don't care," Harry said angrily. "I was an idiot for drinking that champagne. I was an idiot for even letting her come near me in the first place."

"And I was an idiot for letting her play on my insecurities," Hermione said looking away. "The truth is---I have thought about you and those women in Canada. I saw your pictures in the paper and everyone kept talking about what your life must have been like over there. I'm not glamorous. I'm not exciting. I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for you to realise that you want more."

Harry kneeled in front of her. "I want everything, Hermione. And I want it all with you."

"I want that too," Hermione said, tears welling up in her eyes again at his words.

"So we're okay?" he asked, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"We're okay," Hermione said smiling at him.

Harry leaned in and kissed her without hesitation.

Hermione kissed him back, trying to put the images of him naked with Monique out of her mind.

Harry remembered the ring. "Wait just a minute," he said, pushing away.

Hermione watched him walk over to the dresser and pull out the box.

"I hope you like this," he said softly, holding it out to her.

"It's beautiful," Hermione whispered, not letting on that she'd seen it last night. Seeing it now made it all seem real.

"So I know we've already told everyone, but when we get back, will you marry me?" Harry asked.

"Harry---"

"Marry me?" he said, his eyes intense.

"Things have been moving so fast," Hermione said softly. "Less than a month ago, you weren't even in my life and now you're back and we're together and we've been isolated here. I'm---"

He visibly deflated. "I guess... I guess you don't really want to then..."

"It's not that," Hermione tried to reassure him. "We still have a lot of issues to work through."

"I really thought you wanted to," Harry replied.

"I do," Hermione said. "But a few minutes ago, I was ready to walk out the door."

"You already told your parents we were engaged," Harry said. "And you told Lavender."

Hermione nodded suddenly feeling very stupid.

"What do you want from me?" Harry asked her. He got down on one knee. "Marry me, Hermione. We'll figure everything out."

She stared at him for a few long moments. "I'll marry you," she agreed. "But just... not right away. Let's take a little time, and plan things out."

"I can do that," Harry said smiling up at her.

"Thank you," Hermione said gratefully.

"Let's see how this fits," Harry said sliding the ring onto her finger.

"It's perfect," she said softly.

"I'm going to make you trust me again," he promised. "And we'll take as much time as you need."

"Thank you," Hermione hugged him tightly.

"You scared me," he said holding her close.

"I was scared too," Hermione said. "When I saw you out there with her."

"I would never do that to you," he said.

"I just don't trust myself if I see her again," Hermione shook her head. "I'm liable to smash her face in."

"I thought you were going to smash my face in earlier," Harry said trying to make her laugh.

"The thought crossed my mind," Hermione admitted, a small smile on her face.

"Maybe I've been a little overprotective during this case," he admitted.

"Maybe?" Hermione asked.

"Okay," Harry said. "I may have been a little guilty of thinking of you more as the woman I love than my partner."

"I guess I can't fault you for that," Hermione smoothed back his hair.

"I do think you're capable," Harry said. "And intelligent and a great Auror."

"Thank you," Hermione said. "I appreciate hearing that. I just want to do my best."

"And you want to be treated like an equal," Harry said before giving her a kiss.

"That too," she said, her arms going around him again.

"And you make one hell of a hangover potion," Harry said grinning at her. "The perfect woman."

She shook her head but was pleased at his compliment. "Sirius still hasn't called,"

"If we don't hear from him by noon, we should contact him," Harry said.

"Sounds like a plan to me," Hermione said, lying back on the bed and looking at him.

Harry sat down and looked back at her. "What?"

"I'm just looking at you," she said softly. "I like doing that."

Harry lay back on the bed with her and took her in his arms. "I like it, too. Especially when you're not looking at me like you want to hex me."

She smiled. "You're a little scared of me..."

"Just a little," Harry said kissing her forehead.

Hermione looked up at him. "What should we do until Sirius rings us?"

"I have no idea," Harry said innocently, but there was a gleam in his eye.

"You have that look-" she began.

"Which look?" Harry asked giving her a lazy grin.

"You know what look," Hermione poked his chest.

"Well, you know it is customary to---you know ---after a row," Harry told her. He ran his hand along her thigh.

"I see your point," Hermione said coyly, forgetting that they'd been fighting a half hour ago.

Harry gave her a lingering kiss. "Hermione Potter."

"Soon to be," she said dreamily.

*** *** ***

Neville dreaded going in to work that evening. He was assigned an overnight shift with Cho, and he knew she was going to want an answer. He wished now he hadn't told her that he loved her. He felt bad for raising her hopes this way.

He found her in the interns' locker room, just putting on her white robes. "Hi," she said smiling at him.

"Hey," he said quietly.

Cho pulled her long hair back into a ponytail. "I thought we'd start on eighth floor tonight and then work our way down."

"Sure," he agreed, wondering how to approach the subject with her. Just looking at her made him feel all confused again.

"I thought I'd feel awkward around you after what happened," Cho said softly. "But I don't. Do you?"

Neville pulled on his white cloak and didn't answer.

Cho looked at him properly. "You made your decision, didn't you?"

"I can't hurt her, Cho." Neville said quietly.

Cho felt as if she'd been kicked in the stomach. She had no one but herself to blame. She'd put off telling him how she'd felt and now she was paying the price. "Oh."

"I care about you," Neville finally faced her. "I really do Cho. But--"

"You care about her more," Cho finished.

"I owe her," Neville replied.

"How?" Cho demanded. "Neville, she CHEATED on you with Malfoy, more than once! What makes you think she won't go running back into his arms now?"

"Things are different now," Neville said quietly. "Cho, I never wanted to hurt anyone, least of all you."

"I guess it's too late for that," Cho didn't want to look at him anymore.

"Please---"

"You owe her," Cho said shaking her head. "That's a really good thing to base a relationship on, Neville."

"You wouldn't understand," Neville said defensively.

"You're right," Cho said angrily. "I don't understand. I don't understand how you could go back to someone who cheated on you and hurt you in the worst way possible."

Neville felt completely low but reassured himself that he was making the right decision. "I'm sorry," he said again.

The last thing Cho wanted to do was spend the next eight hours with him, but there was nothing she could do about that now. "Let's go."

Neville silently followed her out of the room and down to the lift. Things were completely awkward and he hoped they'd be able to stay professional in front of their patients.

"I hope you'll be happy," Cho said quietly.

Neville nodded. "Thanks..."

"That's all I've ever wanted," Cho said.

Neville looked at her for a long moment. "I'm sorry I can't be the one to make you happy," he said, looking down at the floor. "But you'll find someone who will."

"I wanted it to be you," Cho said tears welling up in her eyes. She tried to stave them off.

"Cho--" he began, but the doors to the lift opened.

She shook her head. "Let's get to work. Mrs. Phillips in 803 is our first patient."

"Fine," he agreed.

While Cho and Neville started their rounds, Draco Malfoy was on a different mission. He'd had someone owl Ginny claiming it was from Neville. She'd yet to take him up on his offer and he was getting impatient.

"Come on Red," he said to himself, smoothing out a nonexistent wrinkle in his trousers.

A few moments later, he caught sight of the redhead checking in at the front desk and getting a visitor's pass.

"Perfect," he said with a smirk.

Ginny headed towards the lift that would take her up to Neville's office. She wasn't sure exactly what he wanted- perhaps to continue what they'd started the day of her check up.

Draco waited until the lift doors opened and Ginny stepped inside before hurrying in after her.

"Draco," Ginny said taken aback.

"Red," he greeted her as if he'd just happened to be there. "You're looking good tonight."

Ginny reached past him and pushed the button for the sixth floor.

"What a coincidence," Draco said. "That's just where I'm headed too."

"Great," Ginny muttered.

"You haven't come by," he said once the doors shut.

"I didn't want to," Ginny said leaning against the wall.

"I think you do," Draco said, moving closer. "You can't deny that you're attracted to me."

"I'm with Neville," Ginny said wondering why the lift was moving faster.

"Only because I haven't been around," Draco's eyes were boring into hers.

Being this close to him was affecting her, but she wasn't about to tell him that. "I'm with him because I want to be."

"Red," he said softly. "I've really missed you. I think we could make things work this time."

"Too much has happened," Ginny said gasping as he nuzzled her neck. "Um...please don't...please don't do that."

"You love it," he stated, putting his hands on her waist.

Ginny felt her resolve melting away. "I-I can't..."

"Yes you can," he said softly, kissing under her ear.

She knew it was wrong, but she couldn't help herself. "Oh, Merlin..."

"Yes," Draco pulled her closer.

Ginny wasn't sure who kissed who first, but somehow they were kissing. She had missed him.

"Yes, Red...." Draco muttered as she wrapped her arms around him.

His hand slid underneath her shirt and Ginny shivered at his touch.

"This is going to be so great," Malfoy whispered against her skin. "I'll put you up in a flat near our home."

Ginny pulled away, not sure she'd heard him right. "I beg your pardon?"

"I'll take care of you," he kissed her again. "You won't want for anything."

"You mean you'll marry me?" Ginny asked softly.

Draco froze. "I'm married to Bianca."

Ginny folded her arms. "And what would I be?"

"You'd be there when I need you," he answered. "But it's not like you're a mistress."

Ginny gaped at him. "Let me get this straight. You'd stay married and you'd come over to my place whenever you felt like it, but I wouldn't be a mistress. How do you figure that one out?"

"Because I'm in love with you Red," Draco replied. "I don't have any feelings for Bianca."

"But you're going to stay married to her?" Ginny asked.

"I have to," Draco answered. "For money reasons."

Ginny shook her head. "I can't believe I did this. I can't believe I fell for this again. You haven't changed one bit."

"You haven't fallen for anything," he said, keeping her close. "Except for me."

Despite her anger, when he kissed her again, she found herself kissing him back.

"I want you," Draco said. "And I always get what I want. You know you like being with me, Red. And you know I can take care of you."

Ginny looped her arms around his neck, kissing him again. "You planned this. It was you, wasn't it?" she asked breathlessly.

"I always knew you were smart," Draco said with a grin.

Meanwhile on the sixth floor, Cho and Neville were finishing up with their rounds. Neville pushed the button for the lift. "Mrs. Petersen seems to be doing better," he said trying to attempt small talk.

Cho nodded silently. "She does."

Neville pushed the button again. "Come on..."

Cho sneaked a glance at him while she pretended to look over a chart. She wished she could shake some sense into him- to show him somehow what a snake Ginny Weasley really was.

"What the hell is taking so long?" Neville asked pushing the button again.

"It might be stuck," Cho said quietly.

Neville sighed. "Figures."

"Maybe we should call the maintenance crew," Cho suggested, wanting to get the rounds over with so she could be alone. "Wait...it seems to be moving..."

"Finally," Neville shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, finally," Cho agreed.

The lift doors opened and Cho heard a sharp intake of breath from Neville. She followed his gaze and felt her jaw drop.

There, right there in the lift, were Draco and Ginny, locked in a passionate clinch. Her arms were wrapped around him and his hands were up under her shirt.

"Ginny," Neville said clearing his throat. "GINNY!"

The pair broke apart and Ginny gasped when she saw them standing there. "Neville!"

"Hello, Longbottom," Malfoy said not looking the least bit surprised to see him there. "Chang..."

"Just what the hell is going on here?" Neville demanded angrily.

The doors to the lift started to close and Neville pushed them back open. "I'm waiting, Ginny."

"It's not what you think," Ginny began lamely.

"Really," Neville said coldly.

"Neville---" Ginny said reaching out for him, but he shrugged her off. "I-I messed up..."

Cho rolled her eyes.

"You did this to me before," Neville shook his head. "And I forgave you. I fell in love with you again. And you're right back with him."

Ginny began to cry and she wanted to get as far away from Draco Malfoy as possible. She wished she could just start this all over again. "I don't deserve you."

"No, you don't," Neville said, stepping away as she reached for him again. "And I'm not giving in again. It's over this time. For good."

Neville stalked away and Cho looked disdainfully at Ginny and Draco before following him.

Draco laughed. "What a loser. I don't know what you ever saw in him." He reached for Ginny, but she pulled away.

"No," she said shaking her head. "I'm not doing this."

"What, are you going to try going back to him?" Draco asked. "You just heard him, Red."

Ginny wiped at her eyes. "I did and I also heard you. Loud and clear, but for some reason, I forgot about it for a minute."

"Red--" his eyes grew softer. "I want to be with you."

Ginny shook her head. "I want to be with someone who loves me and wants to build a life with me. I don't want someone who will fit me in between appearances with his wife."

"She's my wife in name only," Draco objected. "We haven't slept together in months."

"Because you've been shagging anything with a pulse," Ginny said folding her arms. "Don't even try to deny it."

"You're the only one I could ever mean it with," Draco replied.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "I just lost the best thing that ever happened to me and you think that's going to make me feel better?"

"If he was the best thing to ever happen to you, what did you kiss me for then?" Draco returned.

"I got caught up in the moment," Ginny replied. "But I'm not going to let myself be that stupid again. Goodbye, Draco."

"Wait!" he called after her. "Red!"

Ginny stepped out of the lift. "Goodbye, Draco."

"WAIT!" he bellowed as the doors closed.

Ginny wiped at her eyes. She wanted nothing more than to find Neville and make this up to him, but she knew that he'd never forgive her for this.

Still, she wanted to try. She made her way down to his office and knocked.