Unofficial Portkey Archive

Cayman Undercover by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Cayman Undercover

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: We managed to answer reviews this time around---if you would like to read some of my responses check out the reviews for Chapter 3. We appreciate you guys taking the time to read and the time to review. You guys really are the best. Also, we're going to start naming these chapters so you'll get an idea of what's coming up---no song titles this time around, though. Please let us know what you think! .

"Harry?" Sirius called out. "You, um, have a visitor."

Harry wondered who could be calling now and he grumbled all the way into the room. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Becca Campbell. "Bex?"

"Harry!" she jumped to her feet.

Harry didn't have much time to react as the dark haired girl launched herself at him. "What did you do to yourself, Harry!" she exclaimed hugging him tightly.

"Uh..." Harry looked over at Sirius who shrugged. "This is my natural hair colour," he lied.

Becca mussed his hair. "You look gorgeous either way."

Harry shrugged. "What are you doing here, Bex?"

"I missed you, silly." she giggled.

"She showed up at the Ministry just as I was leaving," Sirius explained. "And she asked if she could come and wait for you."

"I see," Harry nodded. "Bex... I start a new assignment tomorrow--"

Becca giggled. "You'll get to sleep...eventually."

Harry pulled her hands down. "I really wish you had told me you were planning on coming over here..."

"It was a surprise," Becca said. "Silly...wait? You smell like perfume...were you with another girl?"

"My partner," Harry said. "Bex--"

"I have some things to catch up on," Sirius said making a hasty retreat.

Harry glared after him.

Becca settled back down on the sofa. "I know you said you'd be back home in a few weeks, but I couldn't wait to see you."

"I don't know if I'm coming back to Vancouver," Harry answered, his thoughts straying to Hermione.

Becca patted the empty space beside her on the sofa. "Of course you are."

Harry purposely sat down on the coffee table. "No, I don't know. Not yet."

"Maybe I can help you decide," Becca said touching his knee.

"Bex I told you before I left that everything was over," Harry told her quietly.

"I knew you were seeing those other girls and that was okay with me," Becca drawled.

Harry shook his head and stood up. It seemed as if she didn't want to take a hint.

"What's wrong?" Becca asked, flipping her brown hair over her shoulder. "Hmmm?"

"It's over," Harry told her. "All of it."

Becca finally caught on. "But--but we have fun together. You remember that weekend..."

"Of course I remember it. But I'm not the guy for you." Harry told her.

"Is there someone else?" Becca asked.

Harry wanted to avoid that question. "That's not the point here. I'm going to be gone for the next two weeks and then I think I'll be moving back here. Vancouver's been fun, but England is my home."

Becca stood up. "There is someone else!"

Harry rolled his eyes. "Don't be like that."

"I knew this was a mistake," Becca huffed.

"I didn't ask you to come here," Harry pointed out. "And it's not as if I left you hanging back there in Canada."

Becca didn't want to hear it and she slapped him as hard as she could on his cheek. "I never want to see you again!"

Harry stared at her coldly. "Fine then," he said.

"Fine!" Becca retorted. "And you know what? You weren't even that good!"

"That's not what you said last time," Harry snapped.

"Yes, well I was faking it," Becca said grabbing her bag. "You should know all about that, you asshole!"

Within seconds she had thrown some Floo powder into the fireplace and was gone. Harry kicked at the table before heading into the kitchen. "Thanks for leaving me in there," he said to Sirius. "Now you see why I didn't pursue her?"

"Well, I had to entertain her for an hour by myself," Sirius pointed out.

"What a bitch," Harry muttered.

"I should have told her you were a married man," Sirius said handing his godson a beer.

"Might have worked better," Harry said. "Thanks."

"Figured you'd need it," Sirius said. "So, did you see Hermione home?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded.

"Things seemed to have thawed between you two," Sirius commented.

"A bit, I guess," Harry pulled back on his beer. "It's going to be an interesting few weeks."

"You can say that again," Sirius said. "But at least I get the house to myself again."

"Oh because having me home for two nights was terrible?" Harry asked.

"Bloody horrible," Sirius said with a grin.

Harry kicked his leg under the table. "Sirius?"

"Yeah?'

Harry paused a moment before saying anything. "What do I do if things start happening again between me and Hermione?"

"Surely it hasn't been that long for you, Harry," Sirius said dryly.

"I'm serious," Harry answered.

"Harry," Sirius began. "I love you just like you were my own son. But, you were an arse to let her get away the first time. She's good for you and you're good for her. You've been granted a second chance. If something should happen. Go for it."

Harry nodded. "Thanks."

"Something happen tonight?" Sirius asked.

"I kissed her," Harry said. "I couldn't resist. And then I called her Janie and she freaked."

"Probably thought you were thinking about the assignment and the assignment alone," Sirius said thoughtfully.

"I was, but I was also thinking about her," Harry said. "I loved her, Sirius."

"And now?"

"I don't know..." Harry said thoughtfully.

"You'll have some time to figure it out," Sirius told him. "These next few weeks you can get to know her again."

"In what little free time I have," Harry said dryly.

Sirius laughed. "Very true, but you will have some."

Harry nodded. "I can't wait to nail Dolohov."

"Be careful," Sirius cautioned. "He's very dangerous, Harry."

"I know," Harry said. "You know... no one's said why Hermione and I are being sent in now. What's the big rush?"

"He's plotting something big," Sirius told him. "We have no idea what, but we think it might involve the new Minister."

"Really," Harry replied. "Interesting..."

The new Minister had already created controversy when he'd helped pass some legislation that gave better wages to house elves. He'd also implemented stronger laws that punished those wizards and witches who committed crimes against Muggles.

"I think this assignment will really push you back into the limelight, along with Hermione." Sirius told him.

"She's certainly ambitious," Harry said fondly.

Sirius was amused at his godson's expression- he was clearly still in love with Hermione. "I saw her in some of her combat training. She's quite good."

Harry nodded. "She's more confident now. It's really something to see."

"She told me something interesting," Sirius said craftily. "Something about how she once kicked your ass in the Room of Requirement..."

"She wasn't supposed to tell anyone that," Harry said quietly.

"I thought it was pretty funny," Sirius chortled.

"You would," Harry said glaring at him.

"Come on," Sirius said. "If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd never let me hear the end of it."

"Rosmerta ever kick yours?" Harry asked.

"Not outside the bedroom," Sirius said with a grin.

Harry grimaced. "Okay, I didn't need to know that."

"I'll see you in the morning," Sirius chuckled.

Harry was going to get another beer when Sirius stopped him. "Before I forget. Here's your rings. Yours and Hermione's. Don't forget them."

"Thanks," Harry looked at them. His was a simple gold band but Hermione's was much more elaborate, with a large diamond in the centre surrounded by sapphires.

"Get some sleep," Sirius said before leaving him.

Harry slid his band on and debated bringing the ring over to Hermione now.

He didn't want to press his luck though. He'd give it to her tomorrow morning. And maybe Sirius was right. They could use this opportunity to get to know each other again.

*** *** ***

Ron and Luna had planned on going out for dinner that night when Molly owled and let them know Ginny was sick and might enjoy some company. "Think she'd mind if we stopped off first and got something to eat?" Ron whined. "I'm starving."

"Ron," Luna said, shaking her head. "We can visit your sister before we go out to eat. Maybe I'll bring her some soup- although your mother has probably made her some already. Do you think she'd like that?"

Ron grinned at her. "I always like it when you make ME soup. I think Gin might like it, too."

Luna gave him a kiss. "I'll make you something special later on."

"Deal," Ron said. "We should probably head on out."

"Let me change first," Luna gestured to her fortune telling outfit.

"Good idea," Ron said deciding to go through the owl post while he waited for her.

Luna quickly changed to a more comfortable jeans and jumper and heated up some soup for her boyfriend's sister. "Okay," she announced.

"You look great, Luna," Ron said giving her a kiss.

"Thanks" Luna said, a thrill shooting through her at his words. She still sometimes couldn't believe she was with Ron Weasley.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the Burrow to find his sister getting fussed over by Molly.

"Are you comfortable, sweetheart?" Molly asked fluffing Ginny's pillows.

"Yes," Ginny said. She'd enjoyed being fussed over at first but now it was rather boring.

"Hello, Mum," Ron said dusting the soot and ash from his shoulders.

"Hello, Mrs. Weasley," Luna said warmly. "Ginny."

"Ronald," Molly beamed. "And Luna! How lovely to see you both!"

Luna gave the older woman a hug. "It's lovely to see you, too. We brought some soup for Ginny."

"What kind?" Ginny asked.

"Chicken noodle," Luna replied. "It's my Great-Gran's recipe."

"I'm sick of chicken noodle," Ginny flopped back against her pillows. "What about tomato? Or beef consommé?"

"I'm sorry," Luna apologised.

Ron glared at his sister. "You know, Luna made that especially for you. The least you could do is thank her."

"It's okay," Luna said. "Perhaps you can eat some tomorrow."

"I think that's a wonderful idea," Molly smiled at the young woman. She was very, very fond of her youngest son's girlfriend.

"I'll just go and put it in the icebox," Luna said heading for the kitchen.

Ron sat down. "So you've got the flu, eh?"

Ginny nodded. "But if anything good has come out of it, it's brought me and Neville closer together."

Ron raised an eyebrow. "Really..."

"He's been so great to Ginevra," Molly said dreamily. "I think they'll be getting back together soon."

Ginny smiled. "I really hope so, Mum."

Ron didn't want to say anything, but he knew for a fact that Neville was not interested in his sister.

"Your kitchen always smells so good," Luna said, coming back into the room. "That's what I've always loved about this place."

Molly smiled at her. "You're always welcome here Luna, whether Ronald is with you or not. Just drop by whenever you feel like it."

"That's because she gets lonely with just Ginny and Dad," Ron teased his mother.

"Nonsense," Molly swatted at him. "Bill just stopped by the other day with Fleur and the girls. And Charlie comes in often from Romania."

"And you're always here mooching for food," Ginny said to her brother.

"I am not!" Ron said defensively. "I was hungry and Luna was in Piccadilly the other day."

Molly put an arm around her son. "I like it when you stop by, Ronald."

"Thanks Mum," Ron grinned at her. "Have any biscuits?"

"I just made a fresh batch," Molly said. "Come with me and I'll let you sneak a few."

Luna grinned as she watched them go. She then turned her attention back to Ginny, who was now flipping through a fashion magazine. "I know it's not much fun being sick, but I'm sure Neville has you on the best treatment."

"He does," Ginny said. "He's already been by today to see me."

"That's great," Luna said smiling at her.

"It really is only a matter of time before he takes me back," Ginny said. She eyed the blonde. "So are you still doing that fortune telling stuff?"

Luna nodded. "It's so much fun, Ginny. I could give you a reading if you'd like."

"I don't' believe in that junk," Ginny said.

"Oh," Luna said looking down at her lap. "Well, not everyone does."

"Most people I know think it's rubbish," Ginny turned a page in her magazine.

Luna took a seat on the arm of the sofa. Every time she saw Ginny, she made comments like this, but it still hurt. At one time, they'd been friends, but now things had changed. Maybe if Ginny did get back with Neville, she'd get back to the girl she used to be. "So, um, how are things at the shop?"

"I haven't been there in two days now," Ginny said. "I'm finally starting to feel more like myself..."

"It's great that you're feeling better," Luna said.

"Yes well--" Ginny began when the fireplace whooshed to life and Neville stepped out. Luna watched as Ginny let the magazine drop and her eyes fluttered closed.

"Hi, Luna," Neville said. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"Ronald and I stopped by to see how Ginny was feeling," Luna said softly.

Neville gave her a hug. "It's great to see you."

"You too," Luna replied. "I guess you've been keeping busy at the hospital?"

Ginny coughed. "Nev---"

Neville resisted the urge to roll his eyes as he knelt down to check on Ginny. "How are you feeling today?"

"Weak," she moaned. "I feel dizzy when I try to stand up..."

Neville put a hand to her forehead. "You do seem a bit warm. You took your potion today, right?"

Luna stared at Ginny in disbelief. Just a few moments ago, she'd said she was feeling better.

"I took it," Ginny coughed again. "But it's not working..."

Neville frowned. He'd thought that the treatment he'd prescribed would have been working by now. "Perhaps we should admit you to hospital."

"That might be a good idea," Ginny grabbed onto his hand.

Neville gave her hand a squeeze. "It might be a good idea if I can keep a better eye on you. Run some more tests."

"Neville!" Molly said. "I didn't think you were coming over again today!"

Neville stood up. "I wanted to see if she needed anything else, but she tells me she's not feeling any better."

Molly's eyes grew large. "Ginevra, you were doing fine just awhile ago!"

"She was?" Neville asked. "She just told me she was weak and dizzy."

"Perhaps she's having a relapse," Luna said thoughtfully.

"Yes," Ginny nodded. "That's exactly what it is..."

Neville knew Luna wouldn't lie about something like this so Ginny couldn't be faking her symptoms. And even though he hated to admit it, he'd seen a little bit of how she used to be the last couple of days.

"I really think going to the hospital might be best," Ginny said, letting her head fall against the pillows.

"I just need to make the arrangements," Neville told her. "Are you okay enough to stand on your own, or do you need some help?"

"Help me," Ginny fixed her eyes on him. "Please..."

"Of course," Neville said smiling sympathetically at her.

Ron watched with his arms crossed. His sister had been fine when they walked in and now she acted like she was at death's door.

"I'll pack you a bag and meet you there," Molly said a frightened expression on her face.

"Ron I'd appreciate it if you could help her," Neville said when Molly rushed off. "I need to go ahead and arrange a room."

"Sure, mate," Ron said eager to get his sister alone to see what she was up to.

"Thanks," Neville pulled away from Ginny and disappeared into the fireplace.

"Spill it," Ron demanded once he was gone. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to the hospital," Ginny replied. "Did you see? He really cares! Before, he's acted like he couldn't wait to be rid of me, but just then, he cared!"

"So this is all an act," Ron said. "So you can worm your way back into his life. Are you even really sick?"

"Yes, I was sick," Ginny told him angrily. "I really was and I really was feeling better, but can't you see? This is my way to get him back. Please, Ron. I'm begging you. Don't ruin this for me."

Ron shook his head. "Do you even realise how worried Mum is right now?"

Ginny looked guiltily toward the staircase. "She loves Neville and she wants us back together. She'll understand."

Ron rolled his eyes. "This is pathetic, Ginny."

Ginny grabbed his arm. "Please. Just keep quiet. Please. Just this once."

"We won't say anything," Luna said quietly.

Ron looked over at his girlfriend. "Fine," he agreed reluctantly.

Ginny gave Luna a hug. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

Luna was surprised but she patted Ginny's back. "Sure..."

Ron and Luna helped Ginny to St. Mungo's. Neville met them at the admitting desk. Ron and Luna stayed behind to fill out the necessary forms while Ginny was led to her room by Neville.

"I pulled some strings and was able to get you a private room," Neville told her.

"You're so good to me," Ginny said leaning against him.

"It's what any healer would do for their patient," Neville said putting his arm around her. "And we'll find out what's wrong with you, Ginny. I promise."

Ginny kissed his cheek. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Neville said softly. He didn't want to be taken in again and his guard was still up, but he wasn't immune to her charm. "Let's get you settled in, shall we?"

"There you are!" a familiar voice exclaimed from behind them. "I've been looking everywhere for you, Neville. You missed rounds."

"Cho," Neville turned around. "I'm sorry- my um... my patient needed immediate attention."

Ginny glared at other woman.

"Your patient," Cho said looking distrustfully at Ginny. "I would have thought she'd be better by now."

"She's taken a turn for the worse," Neville said. "She hasn't responded to the treatment. I thought it'd be better to have her here."

"I see," Cho replied coolly. "Maybe we should get someone higher up to take on the case."

"I don't think that's necessary," Neville said thinking her comments were directed at his talent as a healer. "At least not until I run some tests. But if you're having doubts as to my capabilities..."

"Can I see you in private for a moment?" Cho interrupted.

"Let me get her settled in first," Neville said putting his arm around Ginny.

"I'll be waiting in your office," Cho spun on her heel and stalked away.

"There's no one else I trust to handle my case," Ginny said loyally.

"I know," Neville nodded. "Come on, into bed."

Ginny nodded and pulled back the covers. She slid into bed. "Nice and comfy."

"I'll have someone send in some water and I'll be by again after I do my rounds," Neville replied.

"Thanks again," Ginny said softly. "You're the best, Neville."

He sent her a half smile. "I'll see you soon."

Cho was pacing in the office, wondering what the hell he was thinking. He couldn't possibly think she was for real. He had to know she was playing this for all it was worth.

A few minutes later he came inside. "I'm sorry I missed the rounds," Neville apologised. "I didn't know Ginny was going to be even sicker and--"

"Ah, yes," Cho said sarcastically. "Ginny."

"She really is sick," Neville set his files down.

"And those puppy dog eyes you were shooting her?" Cho asked him. "What were they? Some new form of treatment?"

Neville shook his head. "She is my patient Cho. Nothing more."

"And you just so happen to make house calls on all your patients?" Cho asked. "Hmm?"

"She's one of my best friends' sister," Neville explained. "I'm doing it as a favour to the Weasleys."

"Just don't let her get her hooks into you again," Cho said her tone softening. "You went through too much."

"People can change," Neville said.

"Just trust me on this," Cho touched his arm. "I know how girls are. They can change but not that much. And we're good at charming people into believing a lie."

"I appreciate your concern, but I'm a big boy," Neville said tersely. "I can handle myself."

Cho sighed. "I just don't want you to be duped."

"I'm not going to be duped," Neville said. "Come on. We should get to work."

Cho nodded silently, wishing she could give him a good shake and open his eyes.

"I know you're only looking out for me," Neville reassured her. "But I really can handle it."

"I hope so," Cho replied quietly.

"You have bigger things to worry about," Neville said. "I heard Murphy fancies you."

Cho rolled her eyes. "Not a chance."

"Come on, Chang," Neville teased. "You know you lurve him."

"Please," Cho retrieved one of the files from the desk. "I have better taste than that."

"You're not still hung up on Cedric, are you?" Neville asked her.

Cho shook her head. "No."

"Has someone else caught your eye then?" Neville asked grabbing a book from the shelf.

"Maybe," Cho said, bowing her head to look at the file so he wouldn't see her face flush.

"Don't tell me," Neville said with a grin. "Fred? George? Fred and George?"

"Oh you've figured me all out," Cho said sarcastically.

Neville grinned. "I have."

If he only knew, Cho thought. "Come on, we should do our rounds before the chief notices we're behind."

"Right," Neville said. "You know, I am going to find out who it is eventually."

If he kept being this blind, Cho highly doubted that.

*** *** ***

Harry and Hermione arrived in Grand Cayman shortly after seven that morning. They had to wait for a boat to take them to Dolohov's resort.

Harry slid his arm around her as they waited. "The resort is just off the main island," he told her. "We'll be able to jump back onto the mainland anytime we want to."

"As if we'll see much of anything but our cottage," Hermione cooed, nuzzling his neck.

Harry smiled. She was already playing her part perfectly.

A gruff looking man in island clothes approached them. "You the Montgomerys?"

Hermione grinned. "Yes. Gosh, James! We really are THE Montgomerys! You and me! I can't believe we're married!"

Harry laughed. "That's us," he replied, pulling Hermione closer to him.

"I'll just get your belongings," the man said sizing them up. "I'll be taking you to the island."

"Thanks," Harry said, helping Hermione into the boat. "That's Gradwell," he whispered to her, leaning in. "He's one of Dolohov's men."

Hermione nodded. "Right," she whispered back. She called out to Gradwell as he slung their bags on the boat. "You won't mind if I can't keep my hands off of him, will you? We were on the plane for so long and I just can't wait to be alone with him."

The surly man only grunted as he sat down and started the motor.

"He's quite charming," Hermione rolled her eyes at Harry.

Harry pulled her onto his lap. "Come here, Janie."

Hermione laughed as she leaned in and kissed him. This part of the job was quite easy.

Harry was trying to keep an eye on Gradwell, but it was hard to do with a beautiful girl in his lap. It also didn't help that she was arching against him.

"He's watching us," Hermione whispered in his ear as he kissed her neck.

"Yeah," Harry said huskily. "Janie."

"Mmm..." Hermione said, running her hands through his hair. "I can't wait until we get to our room..."

"Neither can I," Harry said.

"Hotel's right up ahead," Gradwell called over the motor.

"It looks beautiful," Hermione replied, a little awestruck. "James! Look!"

Harry nodded. "Even better than the brochure," he quipped.

"I must say though," Hermione said leaning against him. "All I care about is whether or not the room has a bed."

"Doesn't even have to be a large one," Harry grinned at her.

"Where are you from?" Gradwell asked gruffly.

"London," Harry answered. "Notting Hill, actually."

"The boss didn't mention that," Gradwell called over his shoulder.

"Your boss makes it a point of knowing his guests' personal history?" Hermione asked.

"He likes to know," Gradwell answered, pulling the boat alongside a dock.

"I could tell him all about my Janie," Harry said shooting Hermione a goofy grin. "But that would take about two years."

Gradwell only grunted as he tied the boat. Harry got off first and helped Hermione onto the dock spinning her around in a circle as he did so.

Hermione giggled and held on tightly to him. "James!"

"Come on," he said. "Let's go check in."

"I'll bring your bags," Gradwell said to them.

Hermione wasn't concerned that he'd see their special equipment. She'd charmed it so they'd look like extra clothes while they were in the suitcase.

"Thanks," Harry nodded at him as he took Hermione's hand. They headed up the picturesque path towards the main building.

"I think he bought it," Hermione whispered.

"Of course he did," Harry replied. "You were brilliant."

"So were you," Hermione said looking sideways at him.

Harry smiled at her and squeezed her hand. They arrived at the main building and he held the door open for her.

"Thank you, Mr. Montgomery," Hermione said breezing past him.

Harry followed her to the reception desk. "We're the Montgomerys," he said. "Checking in please..."

The woman at the desk typed the information into the computer. While they waited, Hermione nibbled on Harry's ear.

She was certainly playing her role to the hilt, but he didn't mind at all. He slid his arm around her waist and pulled her close.

"Ah yes," the clerk said. "The Montgomerys. You'll be staying with us for two weeks."

"That's right," Harry replied. "This will be the best two weeks of my life."

The clerk grinned. "Newlyweds. Well, I'll have you know we have you booked into the best cottage."

"Thank you," Hermione smiled at her.

"You'll have a wonderful view of the beach," the clerk said handing them both a key. "And your father took care of everything, Mrs. Montgomery. All your meals will be paid for."

"Did you hear what Dad did for us?" Hermione smiled at Harry. "That's so sweet of him..."

"If he only knew what I was going to do to his little girl when we get into that cottage," Harry said huskily.

"James!" Hermione said swatting playfully at him.

The clerk laughed. "You two are all set. Enjoy your honeymoon."

"We will," Hermione said taking Harry's hand. "Let's go, James."

They strolled down the path towards the section of the resort where the cottages were. "This place is really nice," Harry had to admit.

"It's where all the deranged Death Eaters are having their holidays," Hermione said dryly.

"Very funny Janie," Harry replied as they came to their home for the next two weeks.

Hermione used her key to open the door and moved to step inside when Harry grabbed her arm. "Uh-uh. Aren't you forgetting something?"

"What?" Hermione looked at him in confusion.

"Carrying you over the threshold," Harry replied. "Come on...let me do it."

Hermione smiled wryly at him. "How could I say no?"

Harry effortlessly picked her up. "This is more like it."

He carried her inside and she shut the door behind them. "Well, we made it," she said.

"Yeah," Harry said noticing that their bags were already waiting for them. "Let's get everything set up then, shall we?"

"Right," she said as he set her down.

"We'll put a disillusionment charm on it before we leave the cottage," Harry said. "Just in case Dolohov sends someone in other than the maid to search the room."

"Exactly," Hermione agreed, setting several sensors into one of the dresser drawers. She tucked some clothes neatly around them.

Harry did a quick scan of the room to see if they were being monitored.

"Anything?" Hermione asked. "They put up wards in here right? Before we came?"

Harry nodded. "Just thought I'd check to be sure. Better to be safe than sorry."

Hermione nodded. "Good thinking."

"I do believe you just complimented me, Granger."

"Don't let it go to your head, Potter." she returned.

"I don't need you to puff up my ego," Harry said. He watched her out of the corner of his eye. Her sundress was having him thinking thoughts that were far from platonic.

"Hm," Hermione said, hanging some of 'Janie's' dresses in the closet. "I already see one problem though."

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"One bed," Hermione said simply.

"And that would be a problem because...." Harry questioned.

"Because I'm not sleeping in the same bed as you," Hermione turned to look at him.

"Janie, we're married now," Harry whined. "Surely, you're not going to deny me..."

"We don't have to pretend in here," Hermione crossed her arms. "You can use the sofa."

"Okay," Harry said with a grin. "But don't you dare try and jump me in the middle of the night."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Been there done that, not again."

"Well, thanks to you, I had to take a cold shower when I got home last night," Harry said.

"I was fine," Hermione answered, pushing her empty suitcase under the bed.

"Of course," Harry muttered under his breath.

"You can't leave your things in there," Hermione looked pointedly at Harry's bag.

Harry groaned. "And here comes the nagging. I thought this didn't occur until after the first couple of years."

"Just unpack," Hermione replied.

"Yes, my ball and chain," Harry said getting to his feet.

Hermione moved to kick him in the shin but he jumped out of the way. "Wanker," she muttered.

"That would make you Mrs. Wanker," Harry said with a grin.

"Just unpack," Hermione told him. "Honestly, you have to make everything a bigger deal than it is."

Harry wordlessly started to unpack his clothes. He was happy for the distraction.

Hermione took her travel bag into the loo and began to put her things away in there. Part of her wished it was a real honeymoon she was on, but the other half, the more sensible half, told her not to be so foolish. She wasn't about to get hurt by Harry again.

"As much as I'd like to do some exploring," Harry said thoughtfully. "We really should stay inside the first day. Honeymooners wouldn't go exploring their first day."

Hermione nodded. "We're supposed to be jet lagged too."

Harry started unpacking his clothes. He could feel Hermione watching him. "What?"

"You're a terrible packer," Hermione commented. "All your clothes are wrinkled!"

"So?" Harry shrugged.

"Honestly," Hermione rolled her eyes. "Let me do it."

"What difference does it make?" Harry asked her. "I just throw whatever I need in there and just use magic to fix whatever damage occurred."

"What's wrong with just being organised to begin with?" Hermione asked, carefully refolding his clothes and putting them into the dressers.

"I bet you make your bed every single morning," Harry said grinning at her. "And you probably pick one day out of the week where you just do your cleaning..."

She bristled. "What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing," Harry said with a shrug. "If you like being predictable..."

"It works for me," Hermione informed him.

"It's a good thing you haven't seen my flat in Vancouver," Harry said. "You'd probably pass out."

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" Hermione muttered, pushing his empty bag under the bed.

"I never really decorated the place to tell you the truth," Harry told her. "And most of my stuff was still in boxes."

"You lived there for three years out of boxes?" Hermione asked in disbelief.

Harry nodded. "Would have driven you insane, wouldn't it?"

"Yes," she replied. Now that she had unpacked, she wasn't quite sure what to do with herself.

Harry seemed to read her mind and he motioned toward the bed. "Shagging is always a great way to pass the time."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I already told you--"

"Can't blame a bloke for trying," Harry said with a grin. "How about we take a look at the view then?"

"Fine," Hermione agreed, crossing her arms.

Harry slid open the door and motioned for Hermione to step out onto the deck first. She did so and her breath caught in her throat. The view really was spectacular.

Harry's eyes skipped over the grounds and he saw Gradwell talking to a dark haired man. "There's Dolohov," he said, stepping up behind her and sliding his arms around her waist.

Hermione studied the men. Dolohov didn't look quite like she'd pictured. He was actually quite small and reminded her of a weasel.

"You wouldn't think he was Voldemort's right hand man, would you?" Harry whispered in her ear.

Hermione shook her head. "Not at all."

Harry was about to say something else when both Gradwell and Dolohov turned in their direction. Without hesitation, he pulled Hermione to him and kissed her hard.

Hermione hadn't expected his action and the force of it nearly knocked her off of her feet. It didn't take her too long to get into the kiss.

Harry slid his hands up and down her back, knowing they were giving Dolohov quite a show.

Hermione jumped into his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist, never breaking the kiss.

Harry kissed her even deeper as he turned and pressed her against the wall. He wished that this wasn't just an assignment.

"Harry," Hermione whimpered, forgetting that she was playing a part.