Unofficial Portkey Archive

Cayman Undercover by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Cayman Undercover

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: Here's the latest chapter. Harry and Hermione do some investigating and you get to see what Ron, Luna and Lavender are up to. We hope you enjoy!

Lavender was dying to know how her best friend's time in the Caribbean was going, but she couldn't get in touch with her for fear of blowing Hermione's cover. Her friend had promised to call if anything went wrong. She was still quite worried, especially with Harry Potter being back in the picture.

To get her mind off of things, Lavender went for lunch with her booking agent. They'd just finished up when Lavender spotted a familiar person down the sidewalk. She said a quick goodbye to her agent and hurried down the sidewalk to say hello to Luna.

"Follow your true path," Luna was telling a young woman. "And you'll find your happiness there..."

"You really think so?'" the young woman asked eagerly. "But how do I know what my true path is?"

"Your women's intuition will tell you," Luna said with a smile. "Believe me, you will know."

"Thank you," the young woman said happily.

"Luna?" Lavender said tapping her on the shoulder.

Luna turned. "Lavender!" she exclaimed. "It's lovely to see you!"

Lavender smiled. "It's great to see you too. I didn't realise you worked in this area."

"I'm normally in Piccadilly," Luna explained. "I thought it might be nice to come over here for a change."

"Do you ever give readings to friends?" Lavender asked.

"Certainly," Luna replied.

Lavender grinned. "I'll pay, of course."

Luna waved her hand. "Absolutely not."

"So what do we have to do?" Lavender asked eagerly.

"Why don't you come back to our place," Luna said. "I'll give you a complete reading there."

"Are you sure Ronald wouldn't mind?" Lavender asked.

"He probably won't be home," Luna said. "He's been quite busy lately."

"How's he doing?" Lavender asked.

"Fine," Luna answered dreamily. "He's really doing quite well for the Cannons."

"It was always his dream to play professionally," Lavender remembered.

"I know he didn't start off as the best player, but he's really improved," Luna said as they turned down an alleyway.

"I always thought he was quite talented," Lavender said.

"I think he would like to know that," Luna led her up the steps to the home she and Ron shared.

Lavender had never been to Ron and Luna's flat and she still felt a little awkward when she socialised with the two of them. It wasn't because she still had feelings for Ron, but because he was her ex and it was a new experience for her---being friends with an ex.

"Please come in," Luna opened the door and gestured for Lavender to walk ahead.

Lavender stepped inside and looked around. "This is really nice, Luna."

"Thank you," Luna said. "We were able to afford it after my father... after he died."

"I'm sorry," Lavender said sympathetically. "I know how close you and your dad were."

Luna nodded. "I think it makes me appreciate Ronald and his family more than I would have. They're so lovely to me."

"Even that cow Ginny Weasley?" Lavender asked bitterly.

"Except her," Luna shook her head.

"I've never liked her," Lavender confided.

"We used to be good friends," Luna sat down at the little table in the corner of the sitting room and gestured for Lavender to sit across from her. "But she changed."

Lavender sat down. "Draco Malfoy's doing, I'm sure."

"I saw him," Luna confided. "Just a few days ago, at Gringotts."

"Here?" Lavender asked. "No way, really?"

Luna nodded as Lavender laid her palms up on the table. "I'll look at your lifeline first," She said.

Lavender nodded. "Okay."

Luna studied it for a moment then smiled. "It's quite long... meaning you'll live a full, happy life."

Lavender beamed at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "And your love line... well it's a bit crooked. That means you will suffer heartbreak or you already have."

The smile fell from Lavender's face. "Darren?"

"Who will break your heart is beyond my vision, I'm afraid," Luna told her.

Lavender frowned and pulled her hand away. "This is just great. Now, I'm going to look at every bloke and wonder if he'll be the one to break my heart."

"Oh you don't have to put that much stock into what I say," Luna told her. "I do this for fun, Lavender. I don't want to hurt anybody."

"Then everything you just told me was a lie?" Lavender asked.

Luna appeared flustered for a moment. "I read books on palm readings, and I just go by what they say. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. Most people don't, they only do this for fun."

"Oh," Lavender said quietly. "I thought you were a Seer."

"I wish I was," Luna replied wistfully. "My mother was one, and if I was a Seer, I might be able to communicate with her and my father."

"I'm sorry," Lavender apologised. "I just thought this was real."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you," Luna stood up.

"No need to apologise," Lavender said. "Hermione's always having a go at me for reading my horoscope."

"She had me do a reading for her before she left," Luna told her.

"Hermione Jane Granger did?" Lavender asked taken aback.

"The one and only," Luna smiled at her as she brushed her long hair back.

"Next time she says something to her, I'll call her on that," Lavender said leaning back in her seat.

"Fancy a cup of tea?" Luna asked her.

"That'd be lovely," Lavender replied.

"It's been awhile since we've seen you," Luna said conversationally.

Lavender stood up and followed her into the kitchen. "I've been really busy with my career. It's really taking off."

"I saw your cover of Witch Weekly," Luna was impressed. "You looked quite lovely."

"Thank you," Lavender said smiling at her. "It's one of my favourite shots. "

"Ronald said you looked nice," Luna smiled at her without a trace of jealousy.

Lavender smiled. "That was nice of him."

"He's changed since school," Luna set two cups of tea on the table. "He seems happier, like he's got everything he wants."

"I think you might have quite a bit to do with that," Lavender told her.

Luna blushed. "He's everything I ever dreamed of."

Lavender sipped her tea. "You're good for him, you know."

"You really think that?" Luna asked. "He was happy with you--"

"I drove him crazy," Lavender interjected.

"He still complains about a necklace you gave him," Luna said wryly.

"That necklace was a token of my affection that he completely hated," Lavender giggled.

"Hullo," Ron was standing in the doorway. "What are you lot laughing about?"

"You," Luna told him.

Ron greeted her with a quick kiss. "How are you Lavender?" he asked his ex girlfriend. "And what are you telling Luna about me?"

"Only good things," Lavender said with a grin.

"Hey I saw your magazine cover," Ron sat down next to his girlfriend. "You looked good."

"That's what a ton of makeup and good lighting will do for you," Lavender said modestly.

"Nonsense," Luna made a cup of tea for Ron. "You're naturally gorgeous."

"Thank you," Lavender said. She couldn't help thinking how bizarre this was---being here with her ex-boyfriend and his current girlfriend.

"You should talk to Lav about modelling," Ron looked over at Luna.

"I could never do that, Ronald," Luna said smiling at him.

"Sure you could," Ron said. "You could model in those dresses..."

"Ronald loves my fortune teller dresses," Luna explained to Lavender..

"I can see that," Lavender shook her head as she stood up. "I should get going and let you two be."

"Don't go," Luna said to her.

"No really," Lavender picked up her bag. "I have things to do this afternoon. I promise to keep in touch though."

"I'm sorry about earlier," Luna apologised.

"It's okay," Lavender replied. "I should have realised..."

"I hope we'll see you more often," Luna said. "I'd like us to be friends."

"Me too," Lavender agreed. "And I won't give you any necklaces."

Ron groaned. "Not that again!"

"What did it say?" Lavender asked, grinning wickedly. "My sweetheart, or something like that?"

"Yes," Ron grumbled. "Exactly what every 17-year old boy wants to wear around his neck."

Lavender laughed. "I'll see you lot soon. When Hermione comes back, we'll all go out for dinner."

"Do you think Harry will join her?" Luna asked.

Lavender shrugged. "He'd just better not hurt her again."

"He's not that stupid," Ron said in defence of his friend.

Lavender snorted. "I beg to differ," she replied before leaving.

Luna shook her head. "I think they're soul mates."

Ron turned to look at her. "I was hoping you'd be home," he said, changing the subject.

"You were?" Luna asked moving around the table and sitting on his lap.

"And you're wearing my favourite dress," he said huskily.

"I thought you liked all of them," Luna said softly.

"This one just looks the best on you," he said, running his hands around her hips.

"Ronald," Luna giggled.

He leaned in and kissed her hungrily. "I say we move this to a better location..."

"Mmmm," Luna murmured. "Where did you have in mind?"

"I'll give you one guess," he scooped her up.

Luna giggled. "Our bedroom?"

"You win," Ron replied. "Your prize is... me."

"That's just what I wanted," Luna said happily.

He carried her towards their bedroom, turning sideways so he could bring her through the doorway without hitting her legs on the wall. Setting her gently on the bed, he pushed her hair back and kissed her again.

"Ronald," Luna said looking up at him. "I love you."

"I love you too baby," Ron lay next to her. "This morning when I got to the field all I could think about was coming home and being with you."

"I felt the same way," Luna said cuddling with him.

Ron looked down into her eyes, which focused on him. "I want to spend every day of my life with you."

"Ronald, are you saying---"

Ron let out a nervous laugh. "I didn't plan this or anything," he muttered sheepishly. "I just look at you lying there and it all comes out."

Luna felt tears welling up in her eyes. "You want to marry me?"

Ron turned red. "Well yeah," he said. "I mean... I'm an ass, I don't have a ring or anything yet."

"I don't need a ring," Luna said sitting up. "Oh, Ronald!"

"That's a yes?" Ron asked with a huge grin. "Really?"

Luna nodded. "That's a yes, yes, yes!"

Ron hugged her tightly. "We'll go find you a ring together," he said. "Whatever you want, Luna. Anything you want."

Luna gave him a kiss, her tears falling onto his cheek. "I'm so happy."

"You make me happy," Ron replied, nuzzling her neck.

"I just wish my father could have been here to see it," Luna said softly.

Ron stroked her long hair. "I'm sure he knows," he said soothingly.

"I hope so," Luna whispered. "He loved you like a son, you know that, right? He appreciated how you stood up for me after all that happened at school."

"Your dad was a great man," Ron agreed.

"He was," Luna said. "And so are you."

Ron grinned at her and laid back, pulling her over so she was lying on top of him. "Loony..." he said softly.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?" Luna laughed.

"Because you are loony," Ron rubbed his hand over the small of her back through her long hair.

"Over you definitely," Luna whispered. She always loved it when he did that.

They kissed deeply as he continued to work his hands over her back. Her hair felt so soft through his fingers.

"Ronald?" Luna asked huskily.

"Hmm..." he replied, his lips attacking the skin above the bejewelled halter she wore.

"Don't ever stop," Luna replied. "Ever."

"Loving you?" Ron asked. "I couldn't, you know."

"We're getting married!" Luna squealed.

He laughed. "We are," he said. "We'll get married wherever and whenever you want."

"Today," Luna giggled. "Or maybe a few weeks from now once Harry and Hermione are home."

"You'd want him there too?" Ron asked. "Even though you don't know him all that well?"

Luna nodded. "I think of him as a friend. I think he's a very lonely soul, Ronald. "

"Well... not if he wins Hermione back over." Ron replied.

"I think he will," Luna said. "They belong together. Just like you and me."

"Does it make me sound loony if I want everyone to be as happy as we are?" Ron asked impishly.

Luna shook her head. "Not at all."

"Loony says I'm not loony?" Ron teased. "Say it isn't so!"

Luna gave him a kiss. "I love you, Mr. Weasley."

"I love you too, soon to be Mrs. Weasley," Ron pressed his lips back to hers.

"I love the sound of that," Luna said happily.

"Well we have two options here," Ron said. "We could stay here and have a celebratory shag, or we can go out and get you that ring..."

"How about we do the shagging first," Luna said thoughtfully. "And then go and get the ring."

"I like the way you think," Ron said, deftly unsnapping her top.

Luna smiled up at him. "We can tell our grandchildren that you proposed right before shagging me."

"Just our grandchildren?" Ron asked before sliding the top over her arms. "How about the grandchildren of our grandchildren?"

"Them too," Luna said dreamily.

"You know my mum's going to go bloody insane when she hears about this," he remarked, hooking his fingers into her skirt.

"She's going to be so happy," Luna said as Ron slid the skirt off of her.

"Not as happy as us though," Ron kissed her again.

"I hope we'll always be just like this," Luna said. That was the last thing either of them said for a very long time.

*** *** ***

It was much later in the afternoon and Harry and Hermione were preparing to sneak into Dolohov's office. "I've got that little camera," Hermione tucked it into her pocket. "It'll send any pictures we take right to the Ministry."

"And I've got one of the listening devices," Harry slid it behind his ear.

Hermione nodded. "He's out on his big boat for most of the afternoon according to the front desk."

"Good," Harry nodded, reaching into the bottom drawer for his invisibility cloak.

"Haven't seen that in awhile," Hermione said softly.

He smiled at her. "Ready to get back under this thing?"

"Absolutely," Hermione said smiling back at him.

"If anyone should ask, we spent all afternoon in here," he said as he tossed the cloak around them. Her body was pressed against his and Harry had to fight for control of his body.

"Doing what married couples do," Hermione agreed. "Um, you ready?"

"Ready as you are," he cleared his throat. They slid outside, trying to keep the door as closed as possible. Harry adjusted the earpiece, making sure it would stay put so anything they said or heard would be transmitted back to where Sirius and Remus were waiting.

It wasn't easy to get to the main building and more than a few times Hermione stepped on Harry's foot or vice versa.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as they slid inside behind another couple.

"It's okay," Harry whispered back. "Where's his office?"

"Down the corridor here on the left," Hermione replied quietly.

"Once we get in there," Harry whispered. "I'll put a ward on the office that will alert us if anyone tries to get in."

She nodded as she carefully looked up and down the corridor and eased the door open.

Once they were inside, Harry waved his hand and put the wards in place. There were no security cameras in the office according to Lupin. Hermione drew back the cloak and looked around the immaculate office.

"I'll start with the desk," Hermione said in a hushed voice. "Did you want to try those cabinets there in the corner?"

Harry nodded and went toward the back of the office. The cabinet doors were locked, but he made quick work of them.

Hermione began going through the contents of the desk, making mental notes of things like information on the guests. "Harry he's got files on the people who are staying here," she told him.

"What sort of information?" Harry asked her.

"Who they are, what they do for a living," Hermione picked one up and thumbed through it.

"I take it we're in there, too?" Harry asked thumbing through some old magazines.

"I'm sure we are," Hermione looked through a few more of the files. "Here we are- James and Janie Montgomery."

"What does it say?" Harry asked.

Hermione was already reading that Dolohov had written, her expression turning to one of disgust. "What a horrible man," she seethed. "He writes about how much money he thinks we come from... what we told him we do for a living..." her voice trailed off.

Harry shook his head. "He only cares about what people can do for him. We knew this, Hermione."

Hermione only shook her head. "It's not that. He... he writes about... he writes about seeing me on the beach earlier."

Harry felt a surge of anger at this. "What...what did he say about you?"

Hermione opened her mouth to read it, but couldn't form the words.

Harry closed the distance between them and grabbed the papers from her. He read over the words on the page.

Dolohov had written lewd, sexual comments about his partner, about her swim costume, and some things Harry wished she had not seen.

"He's disgusting," Hermione said quietly.

"He's never going to touch you," Harry vowed. "I'll kill him before I let him do that."

Hermione took the papers from him and stuffed them back into the folder. "Let's just keep looking for things," she said, pulling the camera from her pocket.

Harry squeezed her shoulder before heading back over to the cabinets. He pulled out a box and found a collection of newspaper clippings.

He read them over a few moments before looking over at Hermione. "These are about the new Minister for Magic," he told her. "All of these."

Hermione walked over to him and looked at the assortment of clippings. "Minister Spencer is well-known for his work on passing reforms for elves and Muggleborns. His platform was doing away with discrimination that Muggleborns and half-bloods face."

"So," Harry said dryly. "Not someone old Dolohov would probably see eye-to-eye with."

"I imagine not," Hermione took some pictures of the articles.

"I've never met the man, but I think he's a big step up from Fudge," Harry commented.

Hermione nodded. "He's already done some great things," she said.

Harry stuffed the clippings back into the box and placed them back in the cabinet. He pulled out some accounting ledgers and groaned. "Numbers."

"I can do numbers," Hermione replied, looking over them quickly.

"There's not much that you can't do," Harry commented absently looking at some old brochures.

Hermione blushed a little at his words. "Well... my dad and mum always told me to work hard and do the best I can."

"You certainly did that," Harry said looking sideways at her. "I've never met someone so smart and clever."

"Thanks," Hermione said. "I think that's the best compliment you've ever given me."

Harry smiled at her. "It's the truth, Janie."

Hermione smiled back and continued to take some pictures of the ledgers. "He was in a spot of trouble about six months ago," she reported.

"Yeah?" Harry asked. "What sort of trouble?"

"He was in a bit of debt, from gambling," Hermione replied. "At least that's what it looks like."

"I'm surprised he didn't cheat," Harry said sarcastically.

"He might have," Hermione ran her finger down the ledger. "He came into some money almost overnight- a donation."

"From?" Harry asked.

"It doesn't say," Hermione shook her head. "He covered his tracks well."

"Of course," Harry said. "Did you find anything in his desk?"

"I haven't quite finished looking yet," Hermione took a few more snaps of the ledger and handed it back to him.

"I'll finish up here," Harry told her. "You finish up with the desk. We should hurry."

"Right," Hermione said, hurrying over and digging through another drawer. "Look at this!" she exclaimed a few minutes later.

"What?" Harry asked, closing the cabinets before hurrying over to her.

"It's a list," she showed him. "It's some dates... and some times. I'm not sure what it means, but something tells me it's important."

"These are places in London," Harry said looking at the list. "What does he need with this if he's here?"

Hermione shook her head but snapped a photo. "I've got to put these things back the way I found them."

"We'll need to get these things to Sirius as soon as possible," Harry said. "And I'm going to plant a listening device in here so we can keep an eye on Dolohov."

"That's a great idea," Hermione nodded, closing the desk drawers.

Harry looked around the room trying to find a good place for it. He finally decided on a place underneath the desk. He put an invisibility spell on it so Dolohov wouldn't be able to see it.

"We should go," Hermione said. "I think we've been here too long."

Harry grabbed his cloak and threw it back over them.

She cracked the door open and peered both ways to make sure no one was in the corridor.

They snuck out of the building and managed to get back to their room in almost record time. Hermione felt such an adrenaline rush at what they'd just done.

"I'll just send these over," Hermione said as Harry tossed the cloak aside. She pressed the button that would make the pictures appear in England. "I think we found out some good stuff in there!"

"We certainly did," Harry said smiling at her. "And I would have been lost without you on those ledgers."

Hermione smiled. "Numbers have always come easily to me."

"Just thinking about numbers makes my head hurt," Harry said lying back on the bed.

"Come on it can't be that bad," she remarked as he pulled the earpiece out.

"Says the girl who had top marks on everything," Harry said.

"I didn't have top marks in everything," she said modestly.

"Liar," Harry said grinning lazily at her.

He was rather irresistible when he smiled like that. "Now what do we do?" she asked.

"Wait until we hear back from Sirius," Harry replied. "And we have dinner tonight, Janie."

"Right," she nodded. "I should figure a way to cover myself from head to toe so that jerk will stop leering at me."

"Hermione," Harry said patting a space on the bed. "Come here."

She sat down next to him, pulling her legs up to her chest.

"I can't imagine what it was like for you to read what he'd written about you," Harry said. "But you can mark my words on this, he will never, ever lay a hand on you. I promise you that."

Hermione believed him. "Thank you Harry," she said quietly.

"Come here," Harry said reaching for her.

She willingly leaned against him. "It just made me feel dirty," she replied.

"He's the one who should feel dirty," Harry said quietly, putting his arm around her.

"Just promise me again that I don't have to be alone with him," Hermione mumbled.

"I promise," Harry said softly. "I'll be with you every step of the way."

A crackling was suddenly heard from the earpiece. "Harry? Hermione?"

Harry and Hermione sat up and Harry retrieved the earpiece from the nightstand. "Sirius?"

"Good job on what you found out." Sirius said. "That schedule you found was the Minister for Magic's."

"We thought as much," Harry said. "You got the pictures of the clippings too, right?"

"We did," Sirius replied. "Great work you two. What's next on your plan?"

"We're going to dinner tonight in the hotel restaurant," Harry told him. "Dolohov's supposed to be there. I figure I'll let him know I'm keen on the game tomorrow night."

"Good idea," Sirius nodded. "Maybe you can find a way to slip in the fact that you're magical... if he begins to trust you at all, he might divulge a few more things."

"Let's not tell him that your wife is a Muggleborn," Hermione said.

"You're pureblood while you're there," Sirius replied. "If he tries to check on you back here, he won't find any evidence to the contrary."

"Thanks, Sirius," Hermione said. "We'll let you know how this evening goes."

"I'll talk to you both tomorrow," Sirius replied.

"See you," Harry said taking the earpiece out again.

Hermione stretched back on the bed. "So Dolohov's having the Minister tailed..."

Harry nodded. "Certainly seems that way. Now, we need to find out why."

"We'll keep our eyes and ears peeled," Hermione looked over at him.

"It's what we do best," Harry said. "Well, one of the things we do best."

Hermione blushed deeply. "Harry--"

"What?" he asked, again giving her that lazy grin.

"Nothing," she turned away, feeling shy.

"We have some time," Harry told her. "Before dinner...you could tell me about this Michael person. "

Hermione sighed. "You know he's my ex boyfriend. We didn't work out."

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"He didn't like my commitment to my training and my job," Hermione answered.

Harry nodded in understanding. "I can certainly understand that. Some people don't understand what it takes to be an Auror."

"I suppose I could have pushed and made it work, but it didn't feel like it was worth it," Hermione toyed with her hair.

"Why did he call you earlier?" Harry asked. "I mean, if it was over..."

She looked over at him. "He could be rather belittling at times, but until we broke up it was never directed at me. I think his ego was bruised a bit that I was the one who broke up with him rather than the other way around."

"You deserve better than that," Harry told her. "So much more than that."

"Thanks," she murmured.

He wanted to tell her how happy he was to hear that she wasn't with anyone. That had been one of his greatest fears; that someone would come in and take her away from him.

"And what about you?" Hermione turned the tables. "I did read the papers and see you with... a lot of different people."

"I wasn't a monk if that's what you were asking," Harry said looking away.

"No one said you had to be," Hermione replied uncomfortably.

Harry stood up. "Nothing was ever serious, Hermione. Most of them just wanted to get a piece of Harry Potter."

"And you were all too willing to give it?" she asked.

"Hermione---"

"I'm sorry," she said. "I have no right to say anything at all."

"I'm not proud of it," Harry told her.

"I'm not judging you for it," she told him, going over to the closet.

"Yes you are," he retorted.

"No I'm not!" she exclaimed.

"It's been three years," he reminded her. "I wasn't just going to dig a hole and bury myself in it."

"I didn't say you had to," Hermione said. "I didn't hide myself away either."

"We need find a way to get past this," Harry said.

"Get past what?" Hermione asked, not looking at him.

"Put it all on the table," Harry said. "Right here and right now."

"I don't care what you did while you were in Vancouver!" Hermione shouted, finally turning around.

Harry hadn't expected that reaction and it startled him. "I think your reaction proves otherwise, Hermione."

"I don't care what you think," she grabbed a dress from the closet. "I'm going to get ready for dinner."

"Fine," Harry grumbled. "I'm going to---"

She fled into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her before he could finish his sentence.

Harry paced impatiently in front of the bed wondering what in the hell had gone wrong. One minute everything was fine and the next she's stalking out of the room slamming the door on him.

He grabbed Hermione's mobile from the bedside table and punched in Sirius' number.

It took a few rings before his godfather picked up. "Hallo?"

"Help," Harry said into the phone.

"What?" Sirius asked. "Harry? What's going on- why are you calling me on my mobile?"

"I need your help," Harry said angrily. "Hermione's completely mental, Sirius. It's like one step forward and two steps back with her. Just when I think we're making progress---"

"Wait, wait..." Sirius said. "Back up a step or five. Start from the beginning."

Harry sighed and told his godfather about his fight with Hermione. "It's the past. It didn't mean anything to me for Merlin's sake!"

"It's different for women," Sirius told him. "You saw that when Becca came to visit you."

"But you don't see me jumping down Hermione's throat because her stupid ex called her this morning," Harry said. "I swear as long as I live, I'll never figure women out. Never."

Sirius chuckled. "Join the club, Harry. I don't think any man has ever figured out a woman."

"I still love her, Sirius," Harry admitted. "More than before, if you can believe that."

"I'd believe it," Sirius told him. "It was fairly obvious to me from the start."

"I want her back," Harry said. "But after our row, I don't think it's possible."

"Whether she admits it or not, it seems as if she was jealous," Sirius told him. "I know it may seem like a lot to ask, but be patient with her."

"Sirius, patience has never been one of my virtues," Harry said.

"If you want her, it might have to become one," Sirius replied.

"I hate it when you're right," Harry muttered.

"I usually am," Sirius said in a superior tone.

Harry laughed. "Okay, old man. Don't rub it in."

"You should be getting ready for your dinner," Sirius said. "We'll wait for your report tomorrow."

"Thanks," Harry told him. He turned off the phone and thought about tonight. They would be busy watching over Dolohov, but that didn't mean that he couldn't show Hermione how much she meant to him. He picked up the telephone and dialled the number for the front desk. He told the concierge what he wanted to do and of course, the concierge agreed to make sure every detail was met.

"Will there be anything else, Mr. Montgomery?" the concierge asked.

"I don't think so," Harry said. "And if this all goes to plan, I'll make sure it's well worth your while."

"Thank you, sir," the man said. "I'll make sure that everything is ready for you in the dining room. Your wife will love it."

"Thank you," Harry hung up as Hermione emerged from the loo.

"You should take your shower," Hermione told him pulling her robe tighter around her.

"Okay," Harry said, his tone calmer. "I won't be long."

Hermione just shrugged her shoulders.

"About twenty minutes?" he asked.

"Sure," Hermione said, turning away from him. "Whatever."

He looked at her for a few moments before disappearing into the bathroom and getting himself ready as fast as he could.

Hermione was just sliding into her shoes when she heard him come out of the loo. She smoothed down her black dress and looked at him.

"Wow," Harry said, his eyes wide. "You... you look incredible Hermione."

"Thanks," Hermione said. "Um, we should go."

"Right," Harry stuffed the cottage key into his pocket. "After you?"

Hermione nodded wondering how she was going to behave like a newlywed when she wanted to smack Harry upside the head.

He took her arm as they headed outside. "I know you're angry at me, but we can't act like that during dinner," he said quietly.

"I know," she hissed.

Harry sighed and hoped his surprise would loosen her up a bit.

They walked into the dining room and Hermione was relieved that Dolohov was nowhere to be seen.

"We're right over here," Harry said, steering her towards the table near the back.

"How did you know where we'd be---"

"Because of all that," Harry nodded.

"James---" Hermione said.

"It's not for Janie," Harry whispered in her ear. "It's for you..."