Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

More Than Meets the Eye

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

Summary: Having barely recovered from the post Voldemort war, the Wizarding World is suddenly caught in between another war fought between mysterious "abnomalies" who transform into various muggle contraptions. Ignores DH epilogue. H/Hr, R/LL. Harry Potter/Transformers crossover.

A/N: I know crossovers usually invariably suck but I purely and simply couldn't resist the blasted post DH plot bunny. Some people may think this is rather forced (which it probably is) but I just want to have some fun here. If you want, flame away but I'd much rather have constructive criticism.

Chapter 1: The First Attack of the "Abnomalies"

Peace. Peace was such a precious and fragile word. The Wizarding World hadn't known peace ever since Tom Marvolo Riddle, better known as Lord Voldemort, had made his desperate grab for immortality and had thus waged two devastating wars to achieve it. In the end, the megalomaniacal sorcerer, whom had gone to the point of creating horcruxes for the sake of immortality, was destroyed by his ignorance of Death, namely his ignorance of the Deathly Hallows. In other words, Voldemort may have cheated Death but he had failed to conquer it.

It had been two years since Voldemort and his Death Eaters had fallen. Two years the Wizarding World had known true peace. The scars of the tragic past had yet to be covered over but they were definitely healing. In Diagon Alley, hidden within the depths of London, wizards and witches of all ages hustled and bustled through the stores in anticipation of the next term starting at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Life had generally returned to normal after the horror that was Voldemort had threatened all. Yet, "normal" was such a fleeting thing.

An attractive woman with long, bright red hair walked into one of the shops lining the alley: a shop called Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. As soon as she spotted a red haired young man standing behind the counter, she smiled and made a beeline toward him.

"Ginny Weasley as I live and breathe," said the young man. He stepped out from behind the counter and the two hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. "Has my favorite sister doing?"

"Yeah right, George, I'm your only sister," replied Ginny. "Where's Percy?"

"Yo Perce!" yelled George. "Come say hi to our long lost sister!"

Percy Weasley stuck his head out from the back of store: he had apparently been restocking some of the merchandise. "Ginny!" he exclaimed. He ran over and gave his sister a hug. "You're back! How did the internship go?"

"Pretty exciting actually," replied Ginny. "Do either of you have time? I want to tell everything."

"Eh, we're on lunch break anyway," said George.

Percy frowned. "No we're not..."

"We are on lunch break," declared George, making his point. "Come along to the back and we'll catch up."

* * *

Up high in the sky over London flew two planes. To wizards and witches there was nothing unusual about that aside from the regular questions of how muggles managed to fly such contraptions. However, a muggle on the other just may have noticed something strange about those two planes.

The two planes were an F-22 Raptor and an F-117 Nighthawk: two types of stealth fighter jets of the United States Air Force. A muggle may have wondered why two USAF jets were flying alone over London of all places. A muggle may have even questioned the sudden nose dive the two jets made toward the city. However, to wizards and witches, nothing unusual was happening beyond the regular mysteries of how planes flew in the first place.

* * *

"Seriously, how long has it been? That internship dragged on for months, didn't it?" asked George. The Weasleys were sitting in the back room of the store, drinking tea.

"I suppose it dragged," said Ginny. "I loved it though. The Quibbler's overseas internship is definitely one of the most fascinating things I've ever done." She sighed and said, "I don't think I'm going to accept it though. I've already told Luna as much."

"What? Why is that? Especially after all the enthusiasm you expressed," exclaimed Percy. Ginny merely shrugged noncommittally.

"Oh lay off of her Perce, you ole stick in the mud. None of that's going to matter once 'green eyes' places a ring on her finger," said George with a chuckle.

Both brothers were taken aback by the withering glare their sister gave them, a look tinged with sadness, anger, and frustration. Swallowing a lump in his throat, George asked, "Er, trouble in Paradise?"

"I don't want to talk about it," said Ginny with a tone of finality in her voice. She glanced at clock hanging on the wall behind George. "I should get going. I want to visit Fred's grave before I go back to the Burrow. Mum expects me to help out at home now that I'm back."

She stood up just before the entire store shook with the sound of an explosion.

* * *

The two planes had dived downward closer and closer, and then just as they flew over Diagon Alley itself, the two planes started firing missiles straight into the magical buildings. Wizards and witches started screaming in terror as explosions rocked the alley. Debris started flying all over, raining over the crowds. A few wizards and witches managed to retain enough cool to form Protego spells around them to avoid the debris but most were too panic stricken to do anything but run in terror or duck under cover.

Just as the smoke was starting to clear up, the two planes swooped down again, firing their explosives and this time the rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat of machine gun fire as well. The bullets sparked along the pavement as the explosions continued tearing away at the buildings.

The Weasley siblings emerged from Weasley Wizard Wheezes just as the building was starting to collapse. "What is going on?" demanded Ginny.

"The muggles are attacking! The muggles are attacking! Muggle flying contraptions are attacking!" screamed one panicked wizard as he tried to escape toward the Leaky Cauldron: one of the few buildings to escape destruction.

"That's not possible!" exclaimed Percy. "Diagon Alley is covered to the gills in muggle repellant charms three times over. There's no way a muggle 'airplane' could get anywhere within three thousand feet from the air much less attack..."

"Look out!" exclaimed Ginny as the two planes came down for another dive. She managed to pull her brothers out of the way just as the missiles and bullets came raining down.

Percy was completely overwhelmed by panic, shouting, "Oh my God! The muggles are attacking us! The muggles are attacking us!"

"Yo! Snap out of it!" yelled George as he slapped Percy in the face. "Keep your cool and we'll think of something."

Ginny looked up to notice that the planes were swooping down toward them again. "George, they're coming back! Move Percy out of..." Ginny stopped midsentence as she saw something that she would never forget for the rest of her life.

Just as the F-22 Raptor was about fifteen feet from the ground a change came over it. The Raptor flipped over and just as it did the rear portion of the plane took on the shape of metallic legs. The plane's wings moved to a position over a pair of shoulders that had just formed as a pair of metallic arms emerged right underneath them. The nose folded over the torso region to reveal a black, metallic head. Ginny's jaw dropped and her eyes goggled as the F-22 Raptor transformed into a twenty foot tall metal humanoid which landed in the alley itself, shaking the very ground.

"Um, I don't think those are muggle planes at all," she said.

George goggled at the humanoid and muttered "Bloody Hell." Percy was completely speechless.

"RUN!" shouted Ginny just as the metal humanoid drew forth its right arm firing rounds like a machine gun. The rounds caused vast damage to the surrounding buildings and pavement as wizards and witches fled in panic.

The humanoid let out a high-pitched cackle. "That's right! Flee! Flee pathetic humans!" it exclaimed, its voice unusually high-pitched and arrogant sounding. "Flee before the power of Starscream!"

Most of the populace attempted to flee to shelter but some faced the creature and started firing curses and hexes: stunners, inpediment jinxes, disarmers, even one or two patronuses. To their horror, the humanoid who referred to himself as Starscream merely shrugged them off.

"You call that a defense?" he cackled. "Why, that's nothing more than a light show!" Starscream aimed one of his firearms toward the defending wizards and started blasting at them. As he was doing so, he looked up toward the F-117 and yelled, "Get a move on it Soundwave! We have a job to do!"

The F-117 also transformed into a humanoid and landed with a tremor. This one, identified as Soundwave was primarily dark blue in color. What appeared between a cross between a radar and a canon was mounted on its right shoulder and the chest region looked as if it had the the ability to open up, like a cassette deck.

"Commencing mission. Acquire information," blurped Soundwave. In contrast to Starscream's high pitched cackle, Soundwave spoke in a monotonous, metallic voice, much like an old computer. Soundwave strode over toward Gringotts Wizard Bank shrugging off the curses fired at him like they were nothing. Just as the giant humanoid had stepped up to the gleaming marble building, Soundwave's chest flew open and out popped out an electric guitar, a stereo system, and a boombox. Only they didn't remain in that form for long: the electric guitar transformed into a mechanical vulture, the stereo system transformed into a mechanical black jaguar, and the boombox transformed into a four foot tall, blue and silver mechanical humanoid.

"Laserbeak!" sqwaked the vulture.

"Ravage!" growled the jaguar.

"Frenzy!" cackled the humanoid.

The three smaller mechanical beings charged up the steps toward Gringotts just as the goblins in charge of the bank started pouring out. "Stop them!" snarled the lead goblin. The goblin charged at the creatures brandishing their swords and spears like a wild war-party. The mechanical jaguar called Ravage however merely swept aside the advancing goblin party and leapt on the lead goblin with a snarl. The lead goblin started screaming as Ravage tore into him viciously, ignoring the desperate attempts of the other goblins to get him off.

While Ravage was busy with the goblins, the vulture Laserbeak blasted the doors to the bank down. The mechanical vulture flew straight into the bank with the humanoid Frenzy below him. Once in the building, Laserbeak blasted off another door leading to a room marked Records.

"Communication established. Download database," said Soundwave as he blasted away some of the goblins surrounding Ravage.

Frenzy let out a stream of triumphant gibberish as he leapt into the records chamber. "Download data..." He stopped short as he came upon rows upon rows of shelves stocked with bundles of parchment. The small humanoid let out a frustrated cry. Muttering, "Primitive! Primitive!" he started looking through the parchment some 47 times faster than the average human could, throwing them all over the place as he was done with them. Laserbeak meanwhile stood guard right outside the chamber

Out in the alley, Starscream took a break from the blasting to yell at his comrade, "Aren't you done yet? What's taking so..." The humanoid stopped short as about thirty Ministry Hit Wizards aparated in front of him. "Oh, more play things."

"Fire at will!" yelled the lead Hit Wizard. The Hit Wizards let loose a whole barrage of curses and jinxes. Starscream merely shrugged them off.

"Ah, you humans never learn," he cackled. "Didn't I say that's nothing more than a light show?" Starscream turned his guns on the Hit Wizards and started blasting away.

The Weasleys were hiding in a nearby shelter formed by some of the rubble. Ginny was starting to grow rather frustrated.

"Don't those Ministry idiots ever learn anything?" she hissed. Before her brothers could stop her, Ginny leapt out of the shelter and started making her way towards the battle.

"Ginny! Where are you going?" yelled Percy as he and George took off after their sister.

Ginny ran up to behind Starscream whom was too busy firing at the Hit Wizards to notice the red haired witch. Ginny swung out her wand and yelled, "Reducto!"

It worked. Starscream staggered forward as the explosion hit him square in the back of his head, obviously shocked that he had actually been damaged however minimal it was. He turned toward Ginny his eyes glowing maliciously.

"You will pay for that, bitch!" he hissed. Fortunately for Ginny, the surviving Hit Wizards had taken a hint and started firing reductors at the mechanical humanoid. Starscream staggered around as the explosions started taking away pieces of his body.

In retrospect perhaps using so many reductors on the mechanical humanoid was not the wisest of choices for it only served to anger him. Starscream let out a screech of rage and started blasting away at full power: no more toying around. The remaining Hit Wizards screamed as they were either buried under debris or blasted away directly. Starscream then turned his attention on Ginny.

Ginny just barely managed an "Oh" before she was thrown back by explosion hitting the ground under her feet. Flying close to twenty five feet, the red haired witch was flung into a far wall and fell to the ground with a sickening crack.

"No!" screamed George, as he and Percy made their way over to their fallen sister. "No Ginny! Not you too! Not you too!"

"Oh God, Ginny," whispered Percy. "Please be all right. Dear God, please be all right."

Ginny let out a painful moan before falling into the sweet bliss of darkness. At least she was breathing which calmed her brothers down greatly.

"Found it! Found it!" Frenzy suddenly burst out of Gringotts wielding several rolled up pieces of parchment with Laserbeak flying right behind him. The two jumped into Soundwave's chest compartment. Ravage flung away the body of his latest goblin victim before jumping into Soundwave's chest following the other two.

"Mission Accomplished," said Soundwave. "Objectives met. Retreat and regroup."

Starscream looked toward his comrade and said, "Hmph! Fine, let's get out of here!" Saying that, Starscream transformed back into an F-22 and Soundwave into an F-117 and the two flew off into the air, leaving behind the smoldering devastation that had only an hour ago been Diagon Alley.

A/N: Well? Like it? Hate it? I'm going to assume that most of the people here have seen the recent Transformers feature film but I have no idea how many are actually familiar with the G1 continuity. Whichever way the Harry Potter bits will stick to the canon, the DH epilogue being the exception. Transformers on the other hand, will be predominately G1 continuity but will also feature my own additions and influences from other continuities.