Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N Fair warning. Especially to all of you HP only fans. This chapter is one hundred percent Transformers. While this fic is posted on HP sites it is a crossover meaning that both franchises will be getting equal attention. So if there's a Transformers only chapter, like this one, so be it. You have been warned.

Chapter 14: The Wrath of Megatron

"It has been far too long since we last met in battle, Prime," said Megatron as he pointed his fusion cannon, mounted on his right arm, straight at Optimus, "How about a little taste to get things started out?"

Megatron fired his fusion cannon. Optimus spun around in a crouching position, dodging the blast. Prime leapt forward and managed to land a high kick into Megatron's chin. "Really? I haven't given the time any real thought," he said.

Megatron staggered back a little before smirking. "Still fighting for the weak I see. Well, once again, that will be why you fail!" Megatron fired his fusion cannon once more only for Prime to dodge it again. Prime in turn fired his ion blaster. Megatron spun around dodging the blast and used the momentum to transform into his jet mode. The jet flew straight at Optimus intending to ram him once more. Optimus however leapt backward, grabbed Megatron by the wings, and slammed his nosecone into the ground with a suplex.

Megatron grunted and transformed back into his robot form. He managed to stomp on Prime's chest but the Autobot leader was unharmed as he rolled out of the way of another stomp. Prime pulled himself up to his feet as Megatron drew something out of his right hand: an alien looking flail. "You will face death Prime, like the wizards will, like the human vermin will!"

"Because you bring it on them, Megatron?" said Prime. "Not while I'm around."

Megatron let out a roar and stated swinging his flail around. Optimus dodged the flail everyway Megatron swung it at him. The flail eventually hit Prime's right arm as he had raised it in a blocking motion. Megatron tangled the flail around the arm and drew Optimus up to him. "Do you feel it, Prime? Do you feel your death creeping upon you? Why throw away your life so recklessly?"

"Am I?" said Optimus. "That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron." Prime's right hand retracted and his orange axe-blade sprung forth. Optimus swung the axe-blade downward in a slashing motion though Megatron managed to leap back and avoid the slash. The two combatants started circling each other: Optimus Prime in a semi-crouching position, his axe-blade ready to strike while Megatron swung his flail in a circular motion high above his head.

High up in the air Springer was chasing after Astrotrain. Unfortunately, space shuttles tended to be faster than helicopters and Springer was having a hard time keeping up. "Hey slow down will ya? You don't want to blow yourself up into escape velocity to you?" exclaimed the Apache helicopter. "Oh wait, you're a shuttle. That's what you're supposed to do." Springer started firing his machine guns.

Astrotrain screeched as he was pelted by the bullets. "Damn you! If I weren't carrying this blasted carriage I would've shot you to scrap metal!"

"Yeah well tough love is what I say," said Springer. He continued firing his guns at Astrotrain.

"You will stop now!" screeched a voice from above.

"What?" Springer barely managed to veer out of the way as Starscream came careening past him. "Oh no, you're not about make me into barbecue crisp that easily! I..."

"GANG WAY!"

"Aw scrap." Springer hollered as Jetfire crashed right into him. The helicopter and the fighter jet went crashing to the ground in a heap.

Starscream flew by. "Well, that takes care of them. And let's see: over there we have Optimus Prime and Megatron." He started circling high above them contemplating his move. "Hmph! If I'm lucky they'll kill each other. Let's see just how lucky I am today."

Prime slashed at Megatron again. The lord of destruction dodged the attack and swung his flail downward. Optimus deflected the flail with his blade. Megatron continued flinging the flail about while Prime deflected every blow with his blade.

"Your reflexes seem to be a little slower, Prime," said Megatron, "fighting for the weak surely must wear you down." Megatron struck his flail making full contact with Optimus's head. Optimus staggered back a little, only to retract his blade back into his hand and ram his fist straight into Megatron's chest. The force of the blow sent Megatron flying back about twenty feet, crashing into some of the trees.

"And you're getting desperate Megatron," said Optimus. "Relying on magic? That's a realm outside of our race's capabilities. You're grasping at straws." He pulled out his ion blaster.

Megatron smirked as he stood back up. "That's where you're wrong, Prime," he said as he readied his fusion cannon. "Did you seriously think I would implement a plan like this without thinking of all variables? Oh no Optimus Prime, I have a strong grip on magic. Or I will soon enough."

The last phrase caught Prime's attention. He decided to forget about it for the time being however as Megatron fired his fusion cannon. Prime in turn fired his ion blaster. Optimus's blast hit Megatron in the shoulder flinging the Decepticon leader back some thirty five feet while spinning in the air. Megatron's blast hit Optimus square in the chest, shattering the windshields on it and flinging him back close to fifty feet.

Optimus groaned as he tried to stand up. His systems were damaged but he was still fully operational. Unfortunately so was Megatron. The lord of destruction had made it back on his feet faster than Optimus and had flung himself over his archenemy, his fusion cannon pointed at Prime's head. Optimus managed to grab Megatron's right arm and using all of his strength was able to keep the barrel of the cannon pointed into the ground next to his head rather than at his head. Megatron's left arm had been damaged by Optimus's blast and he was unable to muster the strength to shove the cannon's barrel into Prime's face with just his right arm against Optimus's two.

"Why... won't... you... die... already?" Megatron hissed.

"You've asked me that so many times, it's gotten old," said Optimus. He readied himself for a kick against Megatron when...

"Hiya! Get off of him you overgrown scrapbucket!" Cliffjumper had jumped on Megatron's back and was proceeding to give him a fierce pounding.

"What?" exclaimed both Optimus and Megatron at the same time. Megatron sprung up, trying to wrestle Cliffjumper off of his back while the feisty Autobot continued walloping him on his head and shoulders. Megatron started flailing about, seemingly desperate to get the pesky robot off of his back.

"Ha-ha! That the best you can do?" laughed Cliffjumper. "Ha-ha! Looks like even the all mighty Lord Megatron can't..."

"Cliffjumper! NO!" Optimus knew what was coming next. He knew all too well the path the auxiliary cannon on Megatron's back was moving in. Desperately, Optimus lunged at Megatron. His fist connected to Megatron's face just as the cannon fired. The blow flung Megatron back close to thirty feet but it was already too late.

What remained of Cliffjumper's battered body fell with a thud at Optimus Prime's feet, his face still laughing yet at the same time expressing surprise.

Almost instantly Ratchet was at Cliffjumper's side conducting emergency repairs. "Come on pipsqueak! You can't quit on me now!" he exclaimed as he desperately attempted to repair the damage. Prime let Ratchet do his work but they both knew it was too late: Cliffjumper's Spark had returned to the Primal Source.

Circling high above all of the commotion Starscream cackled, "Aww. How sad. Such a pity he couldn't do more to Megatron. Boohoohoo."

"Your antics are quite 'amusing', Starscream," said Megatron as he stood back up. He noticed that Astrotrain was long gone with the carriage. "We've got what we came for. Decepticons retreat!"

"Do you think I'm about to let you go that easily?" said Prime, his ion blaster pointed straight at Megatron.

Megatron smirked. "Now surely Optimus you of all robots should know that now isn't the time when we will be finishing our long conflict. But then, just to show that I care," the lord of destruction pulled out something tiny held delicately between his thumb and index finger, "here's a little parting gift."

Just as the object sparkled, Optimus realized that it was none other than the Resurrection Stone. A second later, close to a hundred rusted up machines: cars, planes, speed boats, motorcycles, helicopters, and other such vehicles, lumbered toward them all on deformed legs with outstretched, twisted arms: grotesque mockeries of the Cybertronians themselves.

"Whoa! Robot Inferi!" exclaimed Jazz.

"Didn't you refer to them as Robot Zombies last time?" asked Prowl.

Jazz shrugged and said, "Eh! We're in the Wizarding World. I'm using their term."

"I wish you all the best of luck," Megatron said sarcastically. He and the Seekers transformed into their jet forms and flew off into the air while Scorponok and the Insecticons transformed into their beast modes and took off, leaving the Autobots to deal with the undead robots.

The undead robots started attacking the Autobots in their slow lumbering way. The Autobots started either blasting them away with their guns or smashing them with their fists. "Why does everything dead have a taste for the living?" muttered Wheeljack as he shot up one of the zombies.

"Do these things even count as 'dead'?" asked Ultra Magnus as he tossed away several zombies that were attempting to claw at him. "They were created as soulless machines."

"Well it's not like the Resurrection Stone's like Vector Sigma," said Arcee as she blasted a few more zombies. "It can't grant them Sparks like Primus's computer mainframe can."

As numerous as the robot zombies were they were mindless and thus easily dispatched. Within no time they were finished off. Ratchet had conducted quick repairs on Jetfire and Springer and the Autobots were gathered around Cliffjumper's body.

"Well that was one heck of a disaster," muttered Jetfire. "Not only did we lose the carriage and get crushed by the Decpticons, Cliffjumper was killed as well."

"Doesn't sound good for our chances, eh?" said Wheeljack, mournfully.

Ratchet was kneeling right next to Cliffjumper's body. "Prime?" he said.

Prime kneeled on the other side of Cliffjumper and placed his hand over the face of his fallen comrade. "I will not fail anyone else," he said. "Autobots, we have lost a dear friend today and met with a sound defeat. No more. We will not fail any more. Wizards and witches shall not suffer any further because of the mistakes I have made. We will not let the Decepticons get the better of us again."

"Too right!" declared Jazz. The other Autobots murmured their agreement.

Optimus picked up Cliffjumper's body. "Tonight we mourn a fallen friend. But tomorrow, we put an end to the Decepticons' activities once and for all! Autobots, never forget: 'til all are one!"

A/N Maybe that wasn't mournful enough. Man, I suck at death scenes. Then again I might've written it perfectly. I'll leave that to the judgment of my readers. They seem to be enjoying this so far so I hope this won't turn them away from the fic.