Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N You know I'm starting to feel a tad guilty. I'm bringing out all these cameo appearances by both 'Harry Potter' and 'Transformers' franchises only to kill them off straight away in blazes of glory. Basically, I'm bringing out all these characters for the sole purpose of killing them. I hope that doesn't offend anyone. For HP, I blame 'Deathly Hallows' for killing off so many characters to begin with that it limits who I am able to kill off in fanfiction. For TF, well I guess they're just plain out of luck.

Chapter 26: The Battle of Hogwarts Cybertronian Style Part 3

The silence of the Forbidden Forest was shaken up as a large scarlet truck drove through knocking trees into the air as it tore through the forest. The truck occasionally swerved out of the way of blasts fired from an alien jet that was chasing it.

Fed up the truck constantly dodging its blasts, the jet touched down and transformed into a mechanical wolf. The large wolf growled and gave chase after the truck before leaping once it was in range. Just as the wolf was about to sink its teeth into the truck's roof, the truck launched into the air, transformed into Optimus Prime, and spun around to land a kick straight into the wolf's face. The wolf fell onto its back and whimpered before transforming back into Sixshot.

"Don't get cocky, Prime!" snarled Sixshot. He next transformed into an oversized laser pistol and fired. Prime fired back with his Ion Blaster, counter-acting the shot.

"I wouldn't intend to," said Prime.

Sixshot transformed back into his robot mode and fired his pistols at Prime. Optimus transformed back into a truck and swerved about dodging the blasts. Sixshot next transformed into an armored car and gave chase.

As Optimus sped along, he started hearing a distinct yelling from nearby. Just as he popped into a clearing, he suddenly found himself surrounded by an entire cavalry of half human, half horse creatures. "What in the world?"

"Intruders! More intruders upon our forest!" yelled the lead centaur. The centaurs all hollered and started firing arrows at Prime. Although the arrows had no effect, Optimus didn't want to get the centaurs involved into his fight and tried to drive away. Unfortunately, he ran into Sixshot in his armored car mode.

"Not so fast!" snarled Sixshot. He transformed into a ramming tank and rammed Optimus straight on. Prime was blown over on his side and unfortunately, Sixshot and the centaurs spotted each other.

"What?" exclaimed Sixshot as the centaurs started firing their arrows at him. Annoyed, Sixshot transformed back into a robot and started shooting his pistols. As the centaurs were blasted away, they instantly realized they were outmatched and tried to make a run for it though a few futilely tried to collect their dead only to be killed themselves. Not giving them a chance, Sixshot continued shooting at the now terrified centaurs, killing scores of them.

"No!" exclaimed Optimus. He hurriedly transformed back into robot mode and with a sweep of his legs knocked Sixshot off of his feet. This gave the centaurs the chance to escape as Sixshot turned his attention back on Prime.

"This has dragged on long enough, Optimus Prime," said Sixshot. "It is now time to finish you with my secret seventh mode."

"Seventh mode?" said Prime as he stood back up. "Last I heard you were famous for having six modes."

"Which why it's a secret seventh mode, Prime," said Sixshot, "My most powerful and the one that will undeniably spell your doom: none who have seen it have ever lived to tell other about it. My final form: Winged Wolf!"

Sixshot transformed into a mode similar to his wolf mode only with jet wings. He howled and flew straight at Prime ready to strike. However, at the last minute Optimus feinted to the left and stabbed his axe-blade straight into the wolf's chest.

Sixshot howled before falling to the ground. His last words were, "In... credible... you truly are... the great... est... Optimus... Prime."

Optimus laid his hand on his fallen enemy before standing back up. Realizing that he had come quite a distance from the castle he transformed into his truck mode and hurried back the way he had come.

* * *

Back at the castle the dog fight between Starscream and Jetfire continued to rage across the skies above the castle. The two jets weaved and ducked around the towers as they tried to shoot each other. "Hold still you cretin!" snarled Starscream as Jetfire dodged yet another blast.

"Not likely," said Jetfire. He finally managed to lock on to Starscream when...

"Aaaarrgghhh!!!" Jetfire was suddenly shot by a jet mode Thundercracker from behind. He crashed in the main courtyard of the castle.

"Hmph! To think I had to save your sorry tail-wing," grumbled Thundercracker.

"Stop grumbling and continue firing," snapped Starscream. The two jets circled around the castle once before zooming straight down toward the Auror forces. This immediately caught Kingsley's attention. He summoned a patronus and said, "Call forth the Broom Squadron."

The patronus sped away and within seconds a squadron of wizards flying broomsticks zoomed in toward the battle. "Talley Ho!" they cried as they flew straight for the seekers. "They vill pay for the miser they haff brought on vizard kind!" cried a familiar hawk-nosed flyer who was leading the squad.

"Viktor?" exclaimed Hermione looking up at the flyers.

"Viktor Krum?" said Harry, echoing Hermione's surprise. "I didn't know he was in Britain!"

"Neither did I," said Hermione, shaking her head.

The broomstick flyers zoomed past Thundercracker unleashing a legion of fireballs. Thuindercracker screamed as the the magical flames tore through his body. Finally, they burned through his key systems and the lifeless shell of the seeker went crashing down into the lake in a torrent of flame.

"Ve haff prevailed against one!" exclaimed Krum. "Ve vill prevail against the other!" The broomstick squad cheered before flying in tactical Quidditch maneuvers against Starscream. They zoomed closer intending to finish Starscream the way they had defeated Thundercracker.

"Tsk! Amateurs," scoffed Starscream. He zoomed forward breaking the sound barrier just before the squad. The resulting sonic boom threw almost all of the flyers off of their broomsticks. "Vat?" exclaimed Krum, barely managing to hang on.

"You haven't seen nothing yet!" snarled Starscream as he transformed into robot mode. With a blast of his null ray firearms he finished off the Broom Squadron. Viktor Krum barely managed a scream as he was vaporized along with the entire group.

"Viktor! No!" screamed Hermione. She tried to make her way over toward the site where Viktor was vaporized, or at least the ground below it. Harry barely managed to tackle her out of the way of Starscream's null rays.

"Hermione! You can't!" exclaimed Harry as he pulled her behind one of the trees on the outskirts of the forest. Hermione started sobbing into his shirt. Harry realized that Hermione was in no condition to fight right now but he was loathe to just abandon her. Flinging his trusty Invisibility Cloak over them, Harry held Hermione hoping to calm her down.

"Ha! Such pitiful beings," said Starscream as he landed in the courtyard. Before he could move, Starscream was suddenly tackled by a highly damaged yet still operational Jetfire. The Autobot managed to take his former friend down and blast him in the chest. Unfortunately, Jetfire was too damaged do any serious harm to Starscream and the seeker was still alive though no longer in any condition to fight. The two were unable to do anything further than to glare at each other, lying on the ground as their internal repair systems raced to make the necessary repairs to continue fighting.

* * *

Grimlock was busy smashing away at the robo-zombies along with his fellow Dinobots when he sensed something from behind. The mechanical tyrannosaur barely managed to get out of the way as the blast blew away a good many zombies.

Grimlock looked up to see that the blast had come from a laser cannon which instantly transformed into Shockwave. "It is a pity I was unable to finish you," he said. "It was logical to assume that you would eventually challenge me during this battle, Grimlock. Therefore, logic dictated that I try to take you out first."

"Shockwave," snarled Grimlock. He transformed into robot mode and slashed at Shockwave with his Energon sword. Shockwave stepped out of the way of the downward slash as the sword struck the ground.

"Indeed, still challenging me after all," said Shockwave. "You still cannot comprehend the illogicalness of such an action as it will only lead to your demise."

"Me Grimlock always challenge Shockwave 'til you're nothing but scrap metal!" snarled Grimlock. He slashed downward once more, his sword hitting the ground as Shockwave dodged the blow again.

"Fool! Why can't you comprehend that you cannot beat me?" said Shockwave as he fired some blasts at Grimlock. The Dinobot merely grew further enraged and continued slashing.

* * *

Back near the Whomping Willow Springer was engaging Predaking in their swordfight while Rodimus continued circling around them firing his and Kup's firearms. The combined assault of the two Autobots was enough give trouble to Predaking but not to the point where he was on the defensive. Predaking managed to grab Springer by the throat and flung him at Rodimus, knocking them both off of their feet. "Scrap," groaned Rodimus.

Predaking raised his sword to deliver the death blow when something struck him in the back. Curious, Predaking turned around only for the Whomping Willow to pummel him in the face and torso. The willow didn't do any true damage to Predaking but the sheer idea of an attacking tree was enough to disorient the combiner.

This was a chance Rodimus and Springer didn't miss. "Do it!" cried Rodimus as he and Springer leapt forward. Springer twirled his sword like helicopter blades at Predaking's legs, slicing Headstrong and Tantrum. Rodimus meanwhile climbed up on Predaking's shoulders and used his and Kup's firearms to shoot up Predaking's arms: Divebomb and Rampage. All that was left now was the torso Razorclaw as the former combiner slumped down. "H-how did you..."

"Let's finish this," said Rodimus as he placed his hand over Springer's sword. The two Autobots thrust forward and stabbed Razorclaw, ending the Predacon threat.

"You in any condition to continue?" asked Springer as he slumped to the ground.

"No," said Rodimus as he too fell to the ground. "When this is over, I'm requesting leave."

Nearby, Predaking's sword lay on the ground, forgotten.

* * *

"To me Autobots!" cried Fortress Maximus as he led the charge. "To me!"

Kickback attempted to kick at Maximus's leg only to be crushed under his foot. Astrotrain also made a feisty assault against the mighty Autobot only to be disintegrated by Fortress Maximus's considerable firearms.

"This will end today, Decepticons!" declared Fortress Maximus as he pummeled what was left of Astrotrain. Devastator roared and made a stand before Fortress Maximus. The colossal Autobot swung his Master Sword and with a few slashes, the six components that made up Devastator were completely sliced up. Fortress Maximus triumphantly raised his sword. "Autobots! We have seized the day!" He turned around and found himself staring down the barrel of Megatron's fusion cannon.

"Hmph. Such heroic nonsense," said the lord of destruction. With one powerful blast, Fortress Maximus's head was blown off and the mighty Autobot fell.

The Autobot charge instantly came to a halt. Megatron stepped toward blasting away with his fusion cannon. The Autobots barely had time to find cover before they could be disintegrated. "That's right! Flee Autobots! You all know you stand no chance against the mighty Megatron!"

Megatron stopped in his tracks when he heard a cry coming from his left. He looked up and was surprised to see an angry giant charging toward his way. "Another one? Well, no matter."

"There we are. Th' surface," said Hagrid as he and Neville pocked their heads out of the hole in the ground. He climbed out just in time to see Megatron grab the giant but his throat. "Grawp? No! No Grawp!"

With a sickening crack, Grawp's neck was snapped and the giant fell in a dead heap. "Nooooo! Grawp!" screamed Hagrid. He tried to make a run for his brother only to be held back by Eject and Rewind.

"You can't! That's Megatron!" exclaimed Rewind.

"Grawpy! Grawp! Meh brother Grawp!" wailed Hagrid. Unfortunately, Hagrid's wailing caught the attention of Megatron who turned on them.

"No!" exclaimed Neville. With a quick banishing charm, he barely managed to get Hagrid out of the way of Megatron's blast. He managed to coax Hagrid with Eject, Rewind, and Steeljaw's help into an area a bit removed from the battle.

Skywarp meanwhile was still pestering Ultra Magnus with his teleporting powers. "What's the matter? Can't grab a hold of me?" said Skywarp with a laugh.

"Skywarp. It's an impressive power," said Ultra Magnus. "Unfortunately," he suddenly swung his fist at an empty space only for Skywarp to appear in it just as Magnus swung forth. The resulting punch caught a surprised Skywarp right in the face, "it gets old." Not missing his chance, Ultra Magnus slammed Skywarp on the ground and crushed his head with a stomp from his foot.

His adversary dead, Ultra Magnus turned his attention to someone else whom was blasting Autobots and humans away. "Megatron!"

Megatron looked up as Ultra Magnus came forth before him itching for a fight. "Ultra Magnus," he said with a smirk. With a delightful grin, he beckoned Magnus toward him. Ultra Magnus dashed forward and started slugging away at Megatron.

A/N OK, looks like the death toll is continuing to mount. I hope no one's angry at me for this whole scale slaughter I'm engaging in here. Part 4 is next and it's the last of these multi-part chapters. After that... oh come on! Like you can't figure out what's coming next.