Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N I may have described these chapters as 'parade of the cameos' in the previous chapter's A/N but to be honest, it's really more like 'slaughter of the cameos'. Eh, that's what you get when you want to build up a considerable body count.

Chapter 25: The Battle of Hogwarts Cybertronian Style Part 2

"Grr! Slag that Prime!" snarled Motormaster as he slowly stood up. He surveyed the scene and was dismayed to see that the battle had already started while he was knocked out. "Stunticons! Come to me and form into Menasor!" Dead End and Breakdown started grumbling while Wildrider and Dragstrip ignored Motormaster and continued firing at the Autobots. Fed up, Motormaster bellowed, "NOW!" That caught the attention of the Stunticons.

"Uh... right!" muttered Dragstrip. All five Stunticons leapt into the air and, like the Constructicons before them, formed into a single, colossal robot: Menasor.

Draco, who had been busy firing curses at Devastator groaned out loud. "Oh no! Not another one."

"Stop groaning and start shooting!" snapped Mirage.

Menasor started thrashing everywhere around himself: even at fellow Decepticons. Whereas Devastator was lashing out at his enemies in instinct, Menasor was going fully berserk against both friend and foe.

"This is not going well!" muttered Ironhide as he and his fellow Autobots tried to evade attacks from both Devastator and Menasor.

"Oh it's about to get a lot worse!" said another voice. The Autobots barely managed to get out of the way as Scorponok fired a volley of missiles at them. The wizards managed to avoid the blow with careful use of shield charms but a few of the Autobots were damaged. Scorponok entered the scene laughing. "Such a pity that Autobots are so easily killed: you weren't even worth the challenge!"

"Everybody!" exclaimed Ultra Magnus. He tried to run to the aid of his fellow Autobots only to be sprawled onto the ground as a result of a kick to the back of his head from a teleporting Skywarp.

Ironhide barely managed to look up as Scorponok pointed his left claw at his head ready to fire a final missile. Scorponok smirked and said, "Farewell Auto... ACK!"

A colossal laser blast had suddenly hit Scorponok in the back, sending him sprawling forward. The same laser blasts shot at Devastator and Menasor, knocking both of them off of their feet as well. "What?" exclaimed Ironhide and the other Autobots as they looked up to see what had fired the laser blasts.

A gigantic space vessel slowly descended from the sky armed to the rim with firepower and a tall tower proudly displaying the Autobot brand. "It can't be," muttered Ultra Magnus. "Fortress Maximus?"

The space vessel transformed into a giant robot, the largest one seen yet, over fifty feet tall. He was mostly blue and silver in color, with horns on his helmet, and was bursting to the gills with firearms. "Sorry I am late," said Fortress Maximus, "But I am here now!"

"We didn't think you would show up!" exclaimed Jazz, speaking for the other Autobots.

"I am an Autobot, and I go anywhere to battle Decepticon tyranny," said Fortress Maximus. "And besides," he glanced up at the sky, "I had to bring them here as well."

Five jet airplanes suddenly zoomed downward flying straight by Hogwarts Castle. They were a Boeing 737, an F-22 Raptor, an F/A-18 Super Hornet, an F-16 Flying Falcon, and an AV8 Harrier II. The five jets transformed into five silver and red robots and touched down near the castle.

"Silverbolt!" declared the Boeing 737.

"Air Raid!" proclaimed the F-22 Raptor.

"Fireflight!" said the F/A-18 Super Hornet.

"Skydive!" blurred the F-16 Flying Falcon.

"Slingshot!" yelled the AV8 Harrier II.

"Aerialbots are here!" proclaimed Silverbolt. He looked over toward Menasor as the berserk combiner was getting up and said, "And looks like just in time. Aerialbots, form into Superion!"

The five Aerialbots flew to the air. When they landed, they had combined into a single robot: Superion.

"Now that's cool," said Ron.

As soon as Menasor stood up he bellowed and charged straight for Superion. Superion huffed and flew to the air before smashing down a flying kick straight onto Menasor's chest. Menasor grew even further enraged and started beating on Superion. Superion started brawling back.

Fortress Maximus stepped up to Scorponok brandishing a large 'Master Sword'. "You're mine, Scorponok."

"Fortress Maximus," said Scorponok. He held out his claws and snapped them twice. "You should've stayed away like the coward you're supposed to be!"

"A desire for wishing to give peace a chance is not cowardice," said Fortress Maximus holding his sword out before him. "However, I now understand that true peace will be never be achieved so long as the Decepticon threat exists."

"Then find peace in your death!" snarled Scorponok. He flung his claws toward Maximus as the colossal Autobot swung his sword at his enemy. The two clashed in a mighty blow that shook the very grounds of Hogwarts.

At the edge of the forest nearest to the Whomping Willow, Rodimus and Springer were busy firing upon anything with the Decepticon insignia on them. From behind them they suddenly heard a voice say, "What's this? Autobot prey on the loose?" Rodimus and Springer spun around to see that words were spoken by a large mechanical lion. It was accompanied by a mechanical eagle, rhinoceros, tiger, and bull.

"Ah great, Predacons," grumbled Rodimus.

"Well better sooner than later," said Springer.

The five mechanical beasts transformed into their robot modes. "Come my fellow Predacons, the hunt is on," said the lion robot. "Razorclaw!"

"Divebomb!" screeched the eagle robot.

"Headstrong!" grunted the rhinoceros robot.

"Rampage!" growled the tiger robot.

"Tantrum!" bellowed the bull robot.

"Predacons!" yelled Razorclaw, "Form into Predaking!"

The five animal robots combined into a single large robot complete with wings and a large sword: Predaking.

"Wonderful," grumbled Rodimus.

Predaking leapt toward the two wielding his large sword. Springer pulled out his own helicopter blade like sword and blocked the strike. So powerful was the blow that Springer's feet were pushed into the ground. Springer desperately tried to hold Predaking back but the combiner was just too much: "Can't... hold... him back... any..."

Predaking was suddenly shot in the face by two blasts and knocked back. Rodimus was surprised that there had been a second blast accompanying his when a familiar said, "Need another servo, Hot Rod?"

"Kup? That you?" said Rodimus as the familiar grizzled robot joined him.

"Still getting yourself in over your head 'ey, kid?" said Kup.

Rodimus grinned and the Autobots started blasting away at Predaking, giving Springer the leverage he needed to escape.

"Get at him, lad!" exclaimed Kup as he continued firing his musket at Predaking. "This reminds me of the old battle fought at Tyger Pax. That was a major turning point during the Great War and let me tell you..."

Suddenly, Predaking zoomed forward at high speed. With a sudden slash he swung his sword at the Autobots. "Look out!" exclaimed Kup as he shoved Rodimus aside. The sword struck Kup full on.

"Kup!" yelled both Rodimus and Springer. In a burst of rage Springer lashed out at Predaking the metallic sounds of the two swords striking each other echoing about. "Kup! Kup! Pull it together!" yelled Rodimus as he cradled the body of the old veteran.

"Heh... Hot Rod..." chuckled Kup, "I don't... recall anything... like... this..." With those last words, Kup's Spark gave out.

"Kup!" yelled Rodimus. Intense grief filled him but it was soon replaced with rage. "Predaking!" Rodimus grabbed Kup's musket in his spare hand and took off to where Springer and Predaking were dueling it out.

* * *

Underneath the ground within the tunnels the battle was still raging. Eject had brought down Laserbeak and Buzzsaw permanently and was rushing to aid Rewind take on Rumble.

"I'm not about to finished easily you puny losers!" snarled Rumble. His pile driver arms smashed straight into Eject and Rewind's chests knocking the two of them back. "Ha, like you'll ever be able to mess with me!"

"Tha' so?" said a voice from behind. Before Rumble could comprehend what was happening, he was picked up by Hagrid's vice like grip.

"What?" exclaimed Rumble, unable to comprehend the fact that he was caught by a human over four times larger than himself. Not letting Rumble get a chance, Hagrid slammed Rumble on the ground and crushed his head with a mighty stomp, finishing off Rumble once and for all.

"Urgh... thanks," said Rewind as he and Eject stood back up.

"Notta problem," said Hagrid.

Frenzy meanwhile was being tossed about by Ramhorn. Fed up, Frenzy let out a sonic vibration that scrambled Ramhorn's circuits. Not missing his chance Frenzy fired razor sharp CDs at Ramhorn, slicing up the mechanical rhinoceros once and for all. "Yes! Yes! YES!" Frenzy cackled gleefully.

"Hold it!" yelled Neville racing toward them. Frenzy spun around and fired his CDs at Neville. In response, Neville used a spell that reflected the CDs straight back at Frenzy. Caught by surprise, one of the CDs slashed Frenzy's head in half, his last words being, "Oh shi..."

Steeljaw and Ravage were still engaged in their little duel when Steeljaw lost his balance. Not missing his chance, Ravage went straight for Steeljaw's neck only for Steeljaw to reveal his feint. Steeljaw's fangs tore out Ravage's throat and the Decepticon cat whimpered before fading. Wounded yet victorious, Steeljaw lumbered over to where Eject and Rewind were taking care of Ramhorn's body.

"I-it's not just Ramhorn," said Rewind. "I-I think something's happened to Blaster."

"I sense it too," said Eject. "We need to get back to the surface."

* * *

Back up on the surface, the duel between Fortress Maximus and Scorponok was still going on. Sword and claw continued to clash and the two duelers also fired their firearms at each other on several occasions, neither one managing to gain an upper hand. Finally, Maximus managed to corner Scorponok into a corner of the castle.

"Never again will you harm another sentient being," said Fortress Maximus. He raised his sword to strike.

"Wait!" screamed Luna. She ran toward them with Ron and Arcee. "He's mine!"

Fortress Maximus looked down at the tiny (compared to him) form of Luna and said, "You cannot possibly..."

"He's mine!" Luna said again. "Please."

"Luna..." said Ron.

"Ronald, it's not about vengeance," said Luna. She smiled wistfully at him and continued, "It's about honoring my Dad."

Fortress Maximus realized that Luna was serious and took his sword down. "Autobots to me!" he declared as he left to make a charge at the main Decepticon force.

Scorponok turned to Luna. "I accept your challenge," he said. He snapped a claw. "It will be over with one strike."

"One strike," said Luna nodding. She turned to Arcee and asked, "Could I borrow you for a moment?"

"OK. Be careful," said Arcee as she transformed into a motorcycle. Luna climbed on.

"Duel now!" declared Scorponok. The giant Decepticon charged as Luna started up the motorcycle. With a blast of magic, the motorcycle was flown into the air. Scorponk swung his claw out as Luna readied her wand...

"Sectasempra!"

The effect was instantaneous. Scorponok's head was sliced off and the Decepticon warrior came crashing down shaking the ground in the process. Arcee landed safely and Luna dismounted. Ron was by her side in an instant. "Luna?"

Luna stared at Ron for a moment before breaking down. Falling to her knees, Luna started sobbing hysterically. Crouching down, Ron drew Luna into a comforting hug as the blonde girl continued to sob into his chest.

A/N There's part 2 for you. I'm really cramming a lot of stuff into these climatic chapters. Originally, I was planning to make these chapters a three-parter, but now it's officially becoming four. Part 3 will be coming soon.