Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N OK, short chapter, but an intense chapter none the less. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy this one. Don't forget to review after you've finished reading it.

Chapter 4: Malfoy in Peril

Draco Malfoy was not a happy man. He hadn't been happy for the past three years, not since he botched up the assassination attempt on Albus Dumbledore. He often wondered how ironic life was. For all of his nineteen years he had been told that one day purebloods would rule. That one day the Dark Lord Voldemort would rule over all and they would have their place at his side. Well now, Voldemort had been dead for two years. His Death Eaters were either dead with him or in Azkaban serving multiple life sentences.

Lucius Malfoy had managed to avoid Azkaban this time around. However, the damage had still been done: the Malfoy name was ruined. In disgrace, Lucius had retreated within the manor in shame almost never emerging from the manor, keeping only his wife Narcissa and Draco for company. Another one of life's ironies: it was only after the Battle of Hogwarts that Draco realized his father actually loved him afterall.

The biggest kicker of all was the epiphany that the life he had thought he had wanted his entire life wasn't the life he had wanted at all. Draco shook his head as he stood on his manor's balcony, sipping a glass of vintage Italian wine. "You are not a killer." Dumbledore's words still struck him deeply. It was at that moment in the tower that fateful night that he had truly realized that he didn't want the life of a Death Eater, of a dark wizard. Why did such epiphanies have to strike him at such inconvenient times?

Draco sighed and shook his head. 'It would be no good pondering everything' he thought as he glanced up at the nearly full moon, 'Might as well just live with what I can get.'

He looked up toward the moon again and noticed two planes flying by. 'Blasted muggles!' he thought. 'Flying straight into our territory! Oh well, I guess it isn't my business anymore.' He took a sip of his wine. A second later he was thrown on to the floor as the manor exploded.

"What in the world?" he exclaimed. He looked up to see two F-22 Raptors descend from the sky and transform into a pair of mechanical humanoids: one mostly blue and one mostly black. "What in... what in Merlin's name..."

Draco had heard about the attack of the "abnomalies" on Diagon Alley: it had been all over the evening's edition of the Daily Prophet. He had dismissed it as ridiculous. That the Daily Prophet had finally fallen completely into the supermarket tabloid nonsense it had been teetering on for years while the Quibbler was becoming a legitimate newspaper: another one of life's ironies. Now he decided, in the midst of shock, that perhaps there was still hope for the Daily Prophet yet.

The black humanoid fired another missile, this one causing an explosion that blew Draco straight off of the balcony. He barely managed to cast a protego spell around himself as he hit the ground. The impact still caused a lot of pain and Draco had to fight to remain conscious.

"Hahahahaha!!!!!" laughed the black humanoid as he fired more missiles at the Manor. "Die humans! Die!"

"Skywarp, we have a job to do," hissed the other humanoid, the blue one. "We need to take him alive! You can't be as destructive as usual."

"You can do the job if you please, Thundercracker," said Skywarp. "I will be having my fun!"

"The boss will not be pleased if the human is harmed in any way," said Thundercracker.

"Oh, right. The boss," said Skywarp, immediately ceasing fire. "What's this human look like anyway?"

"Still a boy," said Thundercracker. "Pale hair, pale skin, shouldn't be too hard to spot."

Draco emerged out of shock long enough to realize that the "abnomalies" were talking about him. Screaming in terror, he tried to make a run for it, completely forgetting that he was a wizard and could Apparate.

"There!" exclaimed Skywarp, spotting Draco attempting to flee. A split second later he completely disappeared. Draco had just made it over a ridge when Skywarp suddenly appeared right in front of him with a crack. Being caught by surprise, Draco plowed straight into Skywarp's foot knocking himself unconscious. The last thing he thought before he blacked out was 'These "abnomalies" can Apparate?'

* * *

Draco woke up with a gasp and a shudder. He was lying on something metal and it was uncomfortable as heck. Draco bolted upright and realized that he was lying in some vast and large chamber, far larger than even the Great Hall at Hogwarts. There was light but it was in sparse amounts creating deep shadows around him. Most of the chamber was wide with no furnishings whatsoever save one, a throne: a throne for giants given the size of the thing but clearly a throne. He couldn't see too many details of the throne as it was in the shadows but he could tell it was made of metal and was of a design he had never seen before.

The next thing he noticed to his horror was that he was surrounded by "abnomalies". Monstrous "abnomalies" as tall as giants stood in various places around the chamber. But the thing he noticed foremost of all was the metallic jaguar right in front of him growling and spitting, and occasionally growling, "Ravage!" Almost instantly Draco was reminded of Fenrir Grayback.

In fact, now that he thought about it most of the "abnomalies" reminded him of someone, mostly dead ones. Right behind him his abductors Skywarp and Thundercracker were kneeling reverently. There was something about those two that reminded him of Crabbe and Goyle for some reason. Or maybe it was their fathers, Draco wasn't sure.

Nearby to his right, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed was an "abnomalie" who greatly resembled Skywarp and Thundercracker. Draco recognized him from the Daily Prophet as one of the "abnomalies" whom had attacked Diagon Alley: Starscream. It was strange how the smirk on Starscream's face reminded him so much of his own father, and to a certain extent himself.

A bit farther away to his left was another "abnomalie". This one was almost completely purple in color. Instead of a left hand however, this "abnomalie" had what looked like a cross between a cannon and a wand with a long cord running into the back. Aside from a pair of silver horns his head was completely hexagonal in shape with no face save a single glowing dot of an eye. Perhaps it was the single eye but there was something about the cool, unfeeling gaze that reminded Draco about Barty Crouch Jr., possibly because he had only known him in the Mad-Eye Moody guise.

Standing right behind the throne to its right hand side stood the other "abnomalie" whom had attacked Diagon alley: Soundwave. There was something about that one that reminded him of his late Aunt Bellatrix, not with the insanity but rather with the way he was reverently poised next to the one on the throne.

And the last one, the "abnomalie" seated on the throne, there was no denying just who he reminded Draco of. Only one other person had generated that much fear from simply being in his presence.

Everything about the "abnomalie" seated on the throne screamed "Voldemort" at him. The sheer radiation of power, the gripping sensation of terror that clutched at his throat, the presence of regality, the cold gaze of hatred and wrath, and of course those glowing red eyes. Draco couldn't even really see anything of this last "abnomalie" save the eyes, his entire form hidden in the shadows. But the sheer amount terror Draco felt just from being in his presence was paralyzing enough.

"We got 'im, boss," said Skywarp. Thundercracker nodded in agreement.

The glowing red eyes observed Draco coldly. "So this is the one is it?" said the "abnomalie" on the throne. Draco couldn't tell if the voice sounded like a hissing whisper or a rumbling growl, only that it struck sheer waves of panic in him. "Are you certain Shockwave?"

"All of my calculations have proven correct," said the purple "abnomalie" with a single eye. Had Draco been familiar with muggle mechanics, he would've identified his voice as sounding just like a computer. "He should be the one. In his possession is..."

"He is not the one," Shockwave was stunned into silence by Soundwave's metallic voice. "It is not him."

Shockwave let out a few beeps. "That conclusion is illogical," he said. "If he is not the one now then he should be dead as he was undeniably the one before. To no longer be the one should only be when he is no longer living, that is the logical conclusion."

"And yet he is not the one," said the "abnomalie" on the throne. "Your calculations have proven incorrect, Shockwave."

"Well, well how wonderful is that?" cackled Starscream. "Brilliant plan oh 'great leader': going through all this trouble only to grab the wrong one. Why, what more 'brilliant' plans do you have?" The sarcasm in Starscream's voice was unmistakable.

"You would do well to keep your mouth shut, Starscream," growled the "abnomalie" on the throne, a tone of warning in his voice.

Skywarp and Thundercracker shuddered in fear. Starscream however merely scoffed. "Why of course my 'liege'. Anything your 'greatness' says," he said with a mocking gesture. If the one on the throne was offended, he let it slide.

"I cannot comprehend the possibility of miscalculation," said Shockwave. "It is simply not logical that I could have come to the wrong conclusion. All factors were considered and analyzed. A miscalculation is simply illogical."

Starscream scoffed and said, "Well obviously you missed some 'minor' fact or something. What else could it be?"

"That must be it," said Shockwave. "I must reanalyze all of the facts once more." After saying that Shockwave disappeared into the shadows.

"Well now that his annoying chatters are gone," said Starscream, "What are we going to do with the human?"

Soundwave bent down and whispered something to the "abnomalie" on the throne. The "abnomalie" seemed to consider before nodding. "I suppose this fleshling may be of some use to us still," he said.

It was finally at this moment that Draco managed to find his voice. "What do you want from me, you 'abnomalies'?" he yelled. The metal jaguar, Ravage growled at him. Soundwave however beckoned to Ravage and the jaguar gave one last growl before jumping away into Soundwave's chest cavity.

"'Abnomalies'? 'Abnomalies' you call us?" said the one on the throne. "Oh, so unwise."

"Oooooh dear, now he's done it," cackled Starscream as the lead "abnomalie" stood up from the throne and started walking slowly toward Draco, each step shaking the ground with a deep rumble.

"How little you know, boy," said the lead "abnomalie". "We Decepticons have existed for millennia before humans were but a blight in the cesspool of the cosmos. If any creatures are the 'abnomalie' that would be you disgusting fleshlings, polluting the galaxy with your mere presence. Your species' existence is a blasphemy, your very genetics will be purged but before that you will be of use to me and perhaps you may live just a little longer."

"W-what do y-you want from m-me," stammered Draco. The lead "abnomalie" was now towering in front of him, still hidden in the shadows. Yet his blazing red eyes glared straight down at the young wizard.

"You think you know fear boy?" said the lead "abnomalie". "You know nothing of fear. Your Dark Lord Voldemort was merely a shadow of what I am, merely a taste of what fear is. My very name is synonymous with fear and you will have the honor of being the first of the wizards to truly taste it. I am Megatron. And I want you to tell me everything I want to know."

A/N Dum dum dum! How's that for suspense eh? Omnious enough for all of you? I hope it was because that was the theme I was going for. Like it? Hate it? Whichever way I'm going to be continuing this. I haven't had this much fun writing a fic in ages.