Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N Well, finally here's the last chapter of the slaughterfest. I know some people have been complaining that the previous chapterswere a little hard to followwith all the chaos and everything but frankly, that's the way it is on a battlefield. I do admit I probably got a little carried away with all of it but I still loved writing it. So there!

Chapter 27: The Battle of Hogwarts Cybertronian Style Part 4

By this time, most of the Autobots had been knocked offline by Megatron's blasts before Ultra Magnus had engaged him in their duel. Highly damaged, Jazz crawled over to his allies. "Hey Prowl. You alive?"

"Barely," said Prowl as he managed to pull himself up to a sitting position. "Anyone else?"

"I'll... manage," grunted Ironhide. Although damaged himself, Ratchet was working on Ironhide's repairs.

"You'll live," said Ratchet, "Can't say much about the others though." He turned to the side to start working on Hound's repairs.

"The situation has taken a turn for an unfavorable outcome," said Perceptor as he worked on Bumblebee's and Sideswipe's repairs. "I cannot calculate the possibilities of a victorious situation. As it is, I cannot help but speculate the possibility that these repairs may prove to be irrelevant in the end."

"Enough pondering, more repairing," snapped Bumblebee.

"What about the humans?" asked Wheeljack as he took a break from repairing Blurr and Sunstreaker. The Autobots looked toward the battlefield to see that the Order was still valiantly taking on the few remaining Decepticons despite their losses.

"They've really come through, haven't they?" said Sideswipe. "If it weren't for them, we'd all be part of the scrap heap by now." All the remaining Autobots acknowledged this fact.

Mirage looked around and asked, "So where's Cliffjumper anyway? I've just been waiting for him to use my MIA as an excuse to accuse me of being 'traitor' again." Mirage started chuckling only to stop when he noticed how solemn the others looked. "Er, did I miss something?"

* * *

Superion and Menasor were still engaged in their struggle. Although generally equally matched, Menasor's sheer ferociousness was enough to place Superion on the defensive. With Superion finally cornered into a section of the castle wall, Menasor roared and slashed with his Ionizer sword at the Autobot combiner. Superion was unable to dodge the strike and the sword slashed thourgh his right arm, killing Slingshot.

Having lost one arm, Superion desperately charged at Menasor. Menasor however stabbed downward, his sword striking Superion's left foot and thus finishing off Air Raid. What was left of Superion collapsed on the ground. Looking down on his fallen enemy, Menasor lifted his sword ready to strike when...

"Adstringo Incendio!" Hundreds of magical fireballs pelted Menasor. The Decepticon combiner screamed before turning his attention on the Aurors.

"Do not let up!" yelled Kingsley. The Aurors continued firing their spells at Menasor.

Furious, Menasor pulled out a series of firearms and started blasting away. "Minister!" yelled Toppham as he dove in front of a blast intended for Kingsely. Unfortunately, it was all for naught as the blast completely disintegrated Topham, Kingsley Shaklebolt, and a good many Aurors with them.

Seeing the slaughter, something snapped in Superion. Burning his jets, the Autobot combiner blasted forward and tackled his Decepticon counterpart straight into one of the walls of the castle. So powerful was Superion's jet tackle that all five components that made up Menasor were crushed in the assault.

The three components that remained of Superion, Silverbolt, Fireflight, and Skydive, detached and collapsed on the ground. "I'm completely wasted," said Fireflight.

"Better wasted than scrapped like Air Raid and Slingshot," said Skydive.

Silverbolt nodded solemnly. "They're avenged now," he said. "For now, we must rest." With that, the three of them lied down and went into shut down mode.

* * *

While most of the combatants had been killed or were far too damaged or injured to continue fighting, Grimlock and Shockwave were still engaged in their duel. Grimlock continued to slash at Shockwave with his sword, constantly striking the ground instead while Shockwave continued to take shots at Grimlock from slight distances. Grimlock managed to dodge most of the blasts but some of them still hit and the tough Dinobot was showing signs of serious damage.

"How many times must I remind you that your stubborn persistence defies logic?" said Shockwave as he took another shot at Grimlock. Grimlock huffed and slashed once more. Again, Shockwave dodged the blow and the sword hit the ground instead.

"Keep trying," Grimlock snarled. "Me Grimlock known for being stubborn type."

"Illogical fool," said Shockwave as he fired at Grimlock again.

The cycle continued on for a while longer. Grimlock continued to slash at Shockwave only to miss and strike the ground instead while Shockwave continued to take pot shots at Grimlock, damaging the Dinobot further and further. Finally, Grimlock looked to be beaten as Shockwave held him at gunpoint amidst the ruined grounds.

"It is over, Grimlock," said Shockwave. "Your Energon rations are seriously depleted and your exoskeleton is being held together by a few mere molecular bonds. Logically, how could you possibly defeat me in your current status?"

Grimlock suddenly transformed into a tyrannosaur. "Like this," he said with a smirk. The tyrannosaurus leapt and came down on the ground with a mighty stomp. To Shockwave's horror, the very ground below his feet suddenly gave way and Shockwave sank into a sudden sinkhole that had appeared in the ground.

"H-how is this possible?" he exclaimed. "It is illogical that the ground could have given away with such impractical timing! How did..." Shockwave's logical mind soon gave him the answer: Grimlock hadn't been striking at Shockwave whenever his sword had hit the ground. He had been calculating the striking spots to weaken the very earth they were standing on and only made it look like he was missing. "This is illogical! How could you have possibly come up with such a plan with that feeble mind of yours?"

"Feeble?" said Grimlock as he transformed back into robot mode, "Fooled ya!"

Desperately, Shockwave scampered out of the hole and lunged at the Dinobot. Not missing this chance, Grimlock thrust his sword forward and stabbed it right through the right portion of Shockwave's chest. Shockwave barely had time to scream as Grimlock once again transformed into a Tyrannosaurus Rex and clamped his jaws around Shockwave's cannon arm. With the grinding sound of twisting metal, Grimlock ripped off Shockwave's cannon arm literally by the teeth. He then transformed into robot mode, grabbed the hilt of his sword that was still stuck in Shockwave's chest, and yanked it out by slashing upward, taking a significant portion of Shockwave's right shoulder with it.

"It is illogical for you to defeat me!" screamed Shockwave. "This is not possible! It is illogical for you to defeat me!"

"Me Grimlock... NO... LIKE... LOGIC!" yelled Grimlock. One final powerful punch straight in Shockwave's face sent what remained of the Decepticon Military Commander flying straight into the castle wall. Shockwave fell to the ground with a crash and his Spark faded with a cackle.

"Me Grimlock - badass!" said Grimlock as he hit a fist on his chest. He picked up Shockwave's severed cannon arm. "Ooooh, trophy."

* * *

Over near the Quidditch Pitch, Ultra Magnus and Megatron's duel continued. Magnus's sheer strength was enough to give Megatron a run for his money and the mighty Autobot was able to match the Decepticon leader punch for punch.

Soundwave, one of the few remaining Decepticons, noticed that his leader was having trouble taking down his opponent. Silently, Soundwave crept up toward the two combatants, hoping to come to Megatron's aid by taking Ultra Magnus out from behind. He wasn't too far from them, still unnoticed when a voice from behind him said, "Oh Soundwave."

Surprised, Soundwave turned around and exclaimed, "Prime?"

"Time for a stasis nap." Prime slugged his fist straight into Soundwave's face. So powerful was the blow that Soundwave was knocked offline.

"It's over Megatron!" declared Ultra Magnus as he beat down on the lord of destruction. "Your reign of terror ends now!"

"Wrong on all counts!" snarled Megatron. "You seem to fail to realize that I now have on my side this! Crucio!"

Ultra Magnus recoiled in pain as the Cruciatus struck out from the Elder Wand and coursed through his body. It only lasted for about a second but it was enough for Megatron to shove the barrel of his fusion cannon into Magnus's chest.

The blast was instantaneous. Megatron had failed to take into account the sheer dexterity of Ultra Magnus's armor and the blast ended up flinging him back close to a hundred feet and knocking him into a daze. Still, his fusion cannon had done its job: Ultra Magnus had been fatally wounded.

"Ultra Magnus! No!" exclaimed Prime as he rushed to the damaged robot. He cradled Magnus's body and held his hand.

"O... Optimus," whispered Ultra Magnus, "Have... have I served... you well?"

"Yes. You've always served us well," Optimus said reassuringly.

Ultra Magnus chuckled weakly. "I... I suppose... I can deal... with that... now," he said, "Optimus... 'til all... are one..." With those final words, Ultra Magnus's Spark faded.

"Til all are one, brother," Optimus said mournfully. As he laid Ultra Magnus's body down, he noticed that his arch-nemesis was just getting up. "Megatron," he growled.

"Prime," snarled Megatron. He pointed his fusion cannon at Prime just as Prime pointed his ion blaster back at him. The two shot simultaneously. Instead of damaging each other however, Prime's ion blaster was blown to pieces while Megatron's fusion cannon was blown apart at the barrel.

"Fine! I don't need my cannon to take you apart," said Megatron as he shut away what remained of his cannon. "My own strength will be enough!"

"Then bring it!" snapped Prime. Before Megatron could react, Prime held his hands together and slammed both of his fists into Megatron's jaw, sending him stumbling back.

"That will be the last time, Prime!" snarled Megatron as he drew his flail out. "Let's finish this, once and for all!"

"Very well then," said Optimus Prime as he drew out his axe-blade. "By the end of this day... one shall stand... one shall fall!"

A/N And thus, the four part chapters come to the end, and the one true climax begins! You know you've been waiting for this moment! I'm sorry I confused the heck out of everyone with the previous four chapters but I personally enjoyed writing all that. Stay tuned, we're on the last stretch.