Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N The next few chapters consist of multiple parts. Given who's featured in them maybe I should call them 'Parade of the cameos' or something like that. And that applies to 'Harry Potter' as well as 'Transformers'.

Chapter 24: The Battle of Hogwarts Cybertronian Style Part 1

With a crash heard all around the grounds, the Autobots and Decepticons clashed straight on with bits of robotic pieces flying everywhere. Optimus Prime had tried to charge Megatron from the get go only to be kicked in the face by a different robot. As Prime staggered back the green, purple, and white robot with straight up wings and high wheeled shoulders, whom had just kicked him landed with his arms crossed. "Do not think you will get away from me so easily Optimus Prime," he said. "It is my assignment to send you to the 'Great junkyard in the sky'."

"Sixshot," said Prime as he drew out his orange axe blade. "Just call it the 'Allspark' like everyone else does." Sixshot leapt straight at Prime and the two robots rolled away in a no holding back all out brawl.

Ramjet lead the Decepticon charge transforming into his jet mode and ramming himself straight into Jazz. "Oh no, not likely," snarled Jazz as held his fists together and pounded downward. He then grabbed Ramjet by the tail-end, spun around, and held him in front of himself like a shield. "NOW!"

"Adstringo Incendio!" Hundreds of magical fireballs, courtesy of a good many Aurors, pelted Ramjet painfully while Jazz was safe behind the Decepticon's body.

"Urgh... Dirge!" yelled Ramjet.

"Fine, I'm on it!" snarled Dirge as he transformed into his jet mode and flew straight toward Jazz. "Death comes to he who crosses me..."

"Nooot gonna happen!" said a voice from above. With unbelievable stunt driving, a Porsche had managed to launch itself into the air and crash land right on top of Dirge. The Porsche instantly transformed into Wheeljack who shoved some kind of mechanical sphere into Dirge's back. "Hit it!" he yelled.

In response Ron waved his wand and yelled, "Initium!"

Dirge instantly blew up, the two pieces of his corpses flying off in different directions. "He-hey! How'd you like Wheeljack's custom created magic bombs? Detonates with one spell," said Wheeljack, not minding the fact that he was now in a free fall.

By this time the magical fireballs had done their damage on Ramjet and the Decepticon seeker fell down, never to rise again. "Now that's what I call a chill out time," said Jazz. He turned to the last of the conehead seekers, Thrust.

"No! NO!" screamed Thrust as he transformed into a jet and tried to fly away.

Jazz shrugged and said, "Wheeljack."

"I'm on it," said Wheeljack, having landed safely. He threw one of his magic bombs straight at Thrust. A well timed spell courtesy of Ron caused the bomb to explode taking Thrust with it.

Jazz, Wheeljack, and Ron barely had time to celebrate as another army of hundreds of robots started lumbering toward them from the Forbidden Forest: robot zombies created by the Resurrection Stone.

Hermione looked toward the zombies and said, "Are those..."

Harry nodded and replied, "Looks like he's been putting Gaunt's ring to good use." He readied his wand ready to take on the mechanical zombies when...

"Me Grimlock think robo-zombies need tailpipe whooping!" declared the mechanical tyrannosaurus. "Dinobots attack!"

Out from the darker depths of the Forbidden Forest burst out four more mechanical dinosaurs: a triceratops, an apatosaurus, a stegosaurus, and a pteranodon.

"Slag!" declared the triceratops.

"Sludge!" bellowed the apatosaurus.

"Snarl!" grumbled the stegosaurus.

"Swoop!" trilled the pteranodon.

The mechanical dinosaurs charged the robot zombies, blowing away slews of them with the initial charge. They transformed into their robot modes and started bashing the robot zombies away and slashing them with Energon swords.

"All right! Way to handle robo-zombies!" exclaimed Harry.

"Er... what's a 'zombie'?" asked Ron.

"It's the muggle term for 'inferi'," answered Hermione.

Ron looked perplexed. "Robots have 'inferi'?"

Thundercracker landed a scissor-kick on Sunstreaker. "Take that, Autobot!"

"Hi-ya!" Thundercracker was suddenly bashed in the back of the head by a kick from Mirage. "Saved your exoskeleton," he said.

"You did no such thing," said Sunstreaker as he stood back up.

"Hey you two, would you mind lending me a servo?" shouted Sideswipe as he desperately tried to fight off a combined assault from Astrotrain and Kickback. Mirage and Sunstreaker rushed to his aid.

"Let us join this little party-party!" said the voice of Shrapnel from one of the castle ramparts. A few seconds later, hundreds of Insecticon clones started flying down from the castle roof augmenting the Decepticon forces. "Ha ha ha! How does a taste of constant forces sound to you-to you?"

"Aurors!" yelled Kingsley. "On my mark... FIRE!"

"Adstringo Incendio!" Hundreds of magical fireballs fired straight at the Insecticon clones, blowing a good many of them out of the air.

"Blast these wizards-wizards!" exclaimed Shrapnel as he and Bombshell landed on the ground in their robot modes. "I will take of them myself-myself!" Shrapnel started gathering electricity in his antennas and with sound like thunder, blasted a good many of the wizards away with a lightning strike from them. Shrapnel continued blasting both Aurors and Autobots with his lightning strikes. One of the blasts knocked Bumblebee back to where Harry and Hermione were.

"Bumblebee," exclaimed Hermione. "Transform into vehicle mode!"

"Vehicle mode?" exclaimed Bumblebee. "What good will that..."

"Your tires are made of rubber!" explained Hermione.

"Right! Insulation!" Bumblebee transformed into a camaro. Hermione and Harry stepped inside the car.

"Well, not really but I've got some spells that will boost their insulation. Now drive!" said Hermione. Bumblebee drove out straight into the path of Shrapnel's lightning attacks. Due to the rubber insulation and some extra spells of her own making, Hermione, Harry, and Bumblebee were unharmed. Hermione waved her wand and yelled, "Stella Speculum!"

A magical mirror formed in front of Bumblebee reflecting the lightning straight back at Shrapnel, catching him right in the chest. Shrapnel screamed as the lightning fried the circuits in his central processor. As Shrapnel fell to the ground Bombshell went up to him and asked, "Shrapnel, you OK?"

Shrapnel stared at Bombshell in a daze. "Shrapnel? Waspinator think Horn-bot is confused," he said. "Waspinator is Predacon! Here to kick Maximal hine..." An errant blast from Bumblee, Harry, and Hermione blew Shrapnel into pieces. The last thing his head said before fading out was, "Waspinator blown... to scrap... again. Why universe... hate... Waspina... tor?"

"Waspinator? Why does that designation sound so familiar?" Starscream mused out loud. Before he could ponder further Jetfire flew toward him blasting away. Starscream ducked the blasts and growled before transforming into jet mode and taking to the air. Soon, the two former friends were engaged in a fully fledged aerial dogfight.

Before Bombshell could contemplate the destruction of his fellow Insecticon, Ginny Weasley ran by him screaming, "Sectasempra!" To Bombshell's horror, his horn was sliced off. One by one George, Molly, Percy, and Arthur ran by him yelling, "Sectasempra!" dismembering Bombshell piece by piece until he was nothing more than a pile of sliced up metal parts.

Harry stared at Hermione. "You didn't..."

"I did," said Hermione, resignedly. "I taught them that curse." She spat out the last word.

"Don't get so cocky," yelled Scrapper from near the greenhouses. "Constructicons! Form into Devastator!" The six Constucticons leapt into the air and formed into the hulking figure of Devastator.

"This is going to be tricky," said Bumblebee as he let Harry and Hermione outside. He transformed into robot mode and ran off to join Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl, and Blurr whom were already engaging Devastator.

"They need my help!" exclaimed Ultra Magnus. He started rushing toward Devastator when Skywarp suddenly teleported in front of him.

"Nuh-uh. You're mine Magnus!" declared Skywarp. He rammed one sucker punch into Ultra Magnus's face. When Ultra Magnus tried to retaliate, Skywarp teleported right behind him and kicked him in the back. Magnus was sprawled out on the ground while Skywarp laughed.

"Don't think I'm going down that easily," growled Ultra Magnus as he stood back up.

Soundwave meanwhile was busy shooting away at the Autobots when he heard something. Momentarily confused Soundwave stared at the ground. Something was moving below him. Something...

* * *

"Now, now. Move along nicely. Don't want anyone to get hurt now do we?" said Horace Slughorn as he hustled the students through the Honeydukes passageway. "You never know which one of you might grow to become the next Minister of Magic or Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot."

"He never gives up, does he?" muttered Neville.

"Heh! Tha's Professor Slughorn fer ya," said Hagrid as they guided the students through the tunnel.

It was at that moment when the roof of the tunnel started shaking. "Merlin!" exclaimed Slughorn "Look out!" Reacting quickly, Slughorn shoved a group of students out of the way as the roof was blasted down.

"Professor Slughorn!" exclaimed Neville and Hagrid. They hurriedly tried to move him out from below the debris but it was too late: Horace Slughorn had been crushed, his indirect ambitions coming to an abrupt end.

Neville and Hagrid considered magically removing the debris but soon had something else to worry about: Soundwave peered into the hole he had just made and saw the hordes of evacuating students.

"Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy, Buzzsaw eject," he said, "Operation Wizard Extermination." One by one, all five of Soundwave's minions leapt (or flew in the case of Laserbeak and Buzzsaw) into the tunnel.

"Oh no! Slag no!" yelled Blaster. He slammed a twisting kick into the back of Soundwave's head and sent him staggering forward. "Steeljaw! Ramhorn! Eject! Rewind! Let's rock this joint!" Blaster's chest compartment burst open and out popped two boomboxes, an orange electric guitar, and a maroon bass guitar. The boomboxes transformed into humanoid robots Eject and Rewind, the electric guitar transformed into a mechanical lion Steeljaw, and the bass guitar transformed into a mechanical rhinoceros Ramhorn.

"Let's do it!" declared Eject. Blaster's troops leapt into the hole after Soundwave's minions.

Inside the tunnel, Neville was busy blasting most of Soundwave's minions with the compact fireballs while Hagrid was desperately trying to hold off Ravage from tearing out his throat. Some of the students had tried to help them but Neville had ordered them not to as a misplaced Reductor could possibly bring the whole roof down. He instead told them to run ahead and get the other professors.

"I... fer... one coulda... use some... help," hissed Hagrid as a struggling Ravage came closer and closer to his throat.

Steeljaw suddenly leapt from the side and rammed Ravage off of Hagrid. The two mechanical felines started circling each other, growling and spitting before leaping at each other in a fully fledged cat fight.

"Mind if we lend a hand!" said Rewind as he, Eject, and Ramhorn came to Neville's aid. Rewind immediately tackled Rumble as Eject and Ramhorn faced off Frenzy, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw.

"Oh... a thanks," said Neville.

"Not a problem," said Eject. "Just so long as you teach me how to play this 'Quidditch' after we're done here."

"I've already memorized the rules," said Rewind as he fought off Rumble. "Did you know that the sport originated in this place called Queerditch Marsh..."

"You memorize everything," said Eject. "Ramhorn, if you would." Ramhorn used his horn to toss Eject into the air right on top of Laserbeak. Eject started pounding on Laserbeak's head while also using Laserbeak's guns to shoot down Buzzsaw. Ramhorn meanwhile charged at Frenzy.

Back on the surface, Soundwave and Blaster were engaged in a slugfest for lack of a better term. Blaster finally managed to knock Soundwave onto his back whereupon he proceeded to straddle him and start pounding away into his face and torso.

"Not bad for one rockin' robot, eh?" he yelled as he continued slugging away. "This will be the last time we hear from ole creep face Soundwa..." Blaster stopped pounding when he felt something being shoved into his chest. He looked down and saw that Soundwave had managed to shove his firearm into Blaster's chest region. "Oh scrap..."

Soundwave fired. Blaster was blown away. He collapsed to the ground into a mechanical pile as his Spark faded.

A/N There's part 1 for all of you. As I'm sure is obvious, that means this battle is going to go on for some time! I hope everyone will be able to follow it as it covers a wide range of things. And keep an eye out for part 2, coming soon to a fanfiction site near you.