Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N OK. Longest chapter title yet. And one that may require a little TF knowledge to get. If you don't quite understand the chapter's title feel free to ask in the review: I'll explain it to you. This will be, the last update of 2007.

Chapter 22: The Twins, the Old Geezer, the Tree Hugger, and the Music 'Bot

Back at the hideout, the Weasleys had all been cured of the Cerebo Shell and were back to normal. The first thing George had said when he was cured was, "Hey! What's that twerp doing here?" referring to Malfoy.

"Look, not now George," snapped Ginny. "We've got bigger problems now so deal with it."

The group of humans quickly organized themselves. Molly took care of the finally awakened Hogwarts students, reassuring them and making sure they weren't too frightened. Meanwhile, Hermione was teaching the others how to perform Sectasempra.

"Its borderline dark magic," commented Percy when he saw a demonstration.

"It was developed by Severus Snape while he was still a teenager," said Hermione. "He was especially fascinated with the Dark Arts back then."

Luna was staring at her wand, held in her hand. Finally she said, "How do we know this is going to actually work?"

"We don't," said Hermione. "Not without a test run."

"Hey! No way am I allowing any of you to test something like that on me, OK?" snapped Mirage (who had been watching the training).

"Yeah. Wouldn't dream of it," Ginny said dryly.

Luna stared at her wand again and her grip tightened. "Scorponok," she said. "If I can use this against him..."

Hermione and Ginny shared concerned looks. Hermione was about to say something when Draco perked up and asked, "Scorpo-what?"

Luna suddenly whirled on Draco. "Do you know of him?" she demanded.

"Er... no," said Draco. "I-it's just that... well..." he actually started to blush, "I always thought that if I ever... have a son... I would like to name him 'Scorpius'."

All of the humans, even Luna, stared at Draco as if he were mad. "What are you trying to do: traumatize the poor kid?" exclaimed George, voicing everyone's opinion. Draco scowled and turned away.

"What's so bad about 'Scorpius'?" muttered Mirage, though no one heard him.

"Luna," Hermione turned her attention back to the blonde girl. "I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. But revenge can't be the answer."

Luna's eyes were downcast but Hermione could actually see a conflict in them.

Hermione was about to say something more, hoping to discourage Luna from thoughts of vengeance when suddenly the wall to the prison exploded.

"What in the world?" exclaimed Ginny. All of the humans, even the students, pulled out their wands and trained it at the settling dust and debris of what had previously been the dungeon wall. Though the dust was too thick to make anything out, Hermione could see five automobile silhouettes.

Mirage appeared to instantly realize what was going on. "Hmph, they couldn't do it with better style," he muttered.

Soon the dust settled to reveal four automobiles. There were two Lamborghini Murciélagos, one red and one yellow, a gray Dodge Ram Pickup truck, an Army green Jeep Rubicon, and a red and gold Toyota Scion xB. To Hermione's delight, all five of them had the Autobot brand.

Mirage didn't look too pleased but then, Hermione figured he wouldn't be pleased no matter who showed up. "Oh, wonderful it's you."

The yellow Lamborghini transformed into his robot mode and observed Mirage coolly. "Wouldn't have come if I had known it was you we were breaking out, Mirage," he snarled.

Mirage rolled his optics. "You would say that about anybody, Sunstreaker."

"What you got a problem with that?" said Sunstreaker.

The red Lamborghini transformed into a robot mode nearly identical to Sunstreaker. "Bro, please," he said. Sunstreaker scoffed but quieted down. The red Lamborghini turned to Mirage and said, "Hey Mirage, you doing OK?"

"I've been better. Thanks anyway though, Sideswipe," said Mirage. Hermione noticed that he was somewhat more amicable. "How did you get here, anyway?"

"We were on our way to rendezvous with Prime," said Sideswipe. "On the way, our unit commander detected the distress signal you sent out and we came here."

"Unit commander?" asked Mirage. "Wait a minute, who's in charge of this unit?"

"That would be me," said the Scion xB. He transformed into a tall red and gold robot with back pointing red horns, a clear visor above his optics, and a gold lined chest compartment that seemingly opened outward.

Mirage was rather surprised. "Blaster? That you?" he exclaimed. "I didn't recognize you."

"It's the alt mode. It's rather different from my usual," said Blaster. "Not as good for listening to some fine tunes mind you, but good reception. I detected your signal easily."

"I can't take the credit for that," said Mirage. "That would be her doing," he said, gesturing toward Hermione.

"Really?" said Blaster. "Whoa! This magic stuff must really be the bomb!"

Hermione's expression was priceless. "I've never heard it described that way."

"This is so incredible!" exclaimed Arthur, barely able to conceal his excitement. "How do you manage your transformations? Your resemblance to muggle tech... tech... tech-thingy is astounding!"

"You haven't seen even half of it," said Hermione.

Mirage next turned to the Jeep Rubicon. "Hey Hound," he said. "You're the one guiding this troupe around?"

"Naturally," said Hound as he transformed into his robot. "My holographic powers come in quite useful when sneaking around, although this hideout seems mostly abandoned."

"What's with that, though?" asked Mirage, pointing at the demolished wall. "Crashing through walls isn't your style, especially in an enemy hideout.

"That would be the work of, to use a human expression I heard over these radio signals, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum here," said Blaster gesturing toward Sunstreaker and Sideswipe.

"Hey, who're you calling Tweedle-whatever?" snapped Sunstreaker.

"Ugh. Let it go bro," said Sideswipe. Sunstreaker glared at his twin.

The assembled wizards and witches all stared at Sunstreaker. "Um, you are one of the Autobots, right?" asked Ginny.

Sunstreaker scoffed, "Hmph! Slag yeah!" he said. "Purple is soooo not my color."

"Uh right," said Ginny.

"This planet is amazing," said Hound. "I've never seen a place with so many colors. The beauty of this place is absolutely astounding."

"I prefer Cybertron," Mirage said dryly. He turned to the Dodge Ram Pickup whom had already transformed into a grizzled, old looking robot. "Kup."

"Mirage," said Kup. "What's the matter, young one? Found yourself in a spot of trouble?"

"Kind of obvious isn't it?" said Mirage.

"I would say that," said Kup, "This reminds me of the time Hot Rod and I were trapped in a Quintesson death pit. Let me tell you how..."

"How by the Primal Source does a Decepticon hideout on Earth remind you of a Quintesson Death Pit?" exclaimed Sideswipe.

Kup scowled. "If you would listen to the entire story lad, maybe you would learn."

"Ugh. Not now Kup," said Sunstreaker.

"Autobots really have their personality quirks don't they?" said Ginny.

"I'm starting think Optimus made sure that only the more pleasant Autobots came with him as his initial team on Earth," Hermione said quietly. She then added as an afterthought, "Except Grimlock."

"So, we going to blow this joint?" asked Sunstreaker.

"I say tear it to pieces, from the bulkheads to whatever Decepticons still within these corridors," said Sideswipe.

Sunstreaker grinned and said, "I like your way of thinking, bro." The two brothers rapped their knuckles together and gave each other high fives.

The sign brotherly companionship between the twin Autobots struck a chord in the Weasleys. George especially looked wistful.

"We all miss him, George," said Percy.

"I know," said George, "Doesn't make it easier though." He shook his head and said, "Well, if Fred were here I'd know what he'd say. So we going to blow this joint like these Autobots are saying?"

"Wait," said Hermione. She turned toward Hound and said, "You mentioned that you have holographic powers."

"Um, yes," said Hound.

"Have you ever fooled Decepticons with them?"

Hound scoffed. "Only, all the time."

Hermione was lost in thought. "Whoop-dee-doo! There she goes again planning something wild," muttered Draco.

"Unless you've failed to notice her planning is what's going to save your sorry little hide!" snapped Ginny.

"Planning. Planning is good," said Kup. "It reminds of the time I ran into an Ick-Yak on Nebulos. That was quite a trying time and if it wasn't for some quick planning..."

"Ick-Yaks aren't native to Nebulos," whispered Hound.

"Try explaining that to Kup," Sideswipe whispered back.

"OK, I've got it!" said Hermione. "Everybody listen carefully. This plan is going to be quite risky."

A/N OK, countdown to Final Battle starting. Do you want to do them by chapters or days? Well never mind that, the Final Battle is about to start! Next chapter! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!