Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets the Eye by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets the Eye

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and related characters are owned by J. K. Rowling, Bloomsbury, Scholastic, Warner Brothers and various publishers. Transformers and related characters are owned by Hasbro, Takara, IDW Publishing, Dreamworks, and various publishers. No money is being made off of this work.

A/N OK, for all you Transformers geeks out there who have this thing for 80's music. If you've got a particular song called 'The Touch' (TF fans should know what I'm talking about), prepare to start playing. The sentence to start at is the one that reads 'And it opened'. OK good. On with the show!

Chapter 29: The Matrix Opens

Harry was back at Kings Cross. Over all it didn't look any different from the last time he had been there. He really had been hoping that it wouldn't be for a long time until he had to return here but alas, here he was. And, he was not alone.

Standing right next to him, towering above him was Optimus Prime, his armor as good as new and both arms attached. "Is this the Well of Allsparks?" he said.

"I'm not sure," said Harry. "Though, I have been here before."

"So have I," said Prime. He looked upward and saw something. "Harry, take a look."

Harry also looked upward and was surprised to see something that hadn't been there the last time he was there. The blanketing whiteness of Kings Cross was giving away to a starry sky. And within the sky, closer than the moon was to the Earth given their size, were two planets.

One of the planets was a metallic sphere of a bluish, silver color. Its surface was littered with deep canyons and tall spiraling towers, surprisingly visible despite the planet's size. Harry instantly realized what it was: Cybertron.

The other planet was of a hellish yellow, gold color also made of metal. Two, large horn like towers jutted out from the planet's axis like the horns of some demonic creature. A metal ring formed around it like a forcefield that could destroy anything that dared attack the planet itself. And the overall feeling coming from the planet itself was vastly terrifying.

"Unicron," muttered Optimus.

Harry's attention wasn't on Unicron but rather, the being he saw standing in between Unicron's horns: someone who should've been so tiny from the size of Unicron yet was clearly visible to Harry as if he were standing right next to him. Someone Harry knew all too well.

"Voldemort," said Harry.

From his vantage point in between Unicron's horns, Voldemort smirked. "Potter, the irony is astounding. To think that' you've survived me only to end up back here so soon. I knew you wouldn't last that long."

"Shut up!" snapped Harry. "You don't have any say over me! You're defeated!"

"And now ssssso are you," hissed Voldemort.

"NO!" declared Harry. "I'm not done yet! I got through seventeen years against you! I can survive Megatron!"

Voldemort laughed. "Why the stubbornness Harry? Why not accept it? Why not accept yourself for being the failure that you are?"

Harry smirked. "I defeated you didn't I?"

Voldemort scowled. "Don't think you'll escape from here thissss time!" he snarled. "You're dead!"

"Wrong!" declared Optimus. "Our role in this story is far from over! Be gone dark ones! Your times are finished!"

"Yeah! So get the blasted hell out of here!" yelled Harry.

As Harry yelled those words, Voldemort and Unicron faded out of sight. Surprised, Harry and Optimus looked upward trying to see where they had gone to when a voice said from behind, "Indeed."

Harry and Optimus spun around to see that in placed of Cybertron, there was now a colossal planet sized robot. It was silvery blue in color with massive cannon like structures forming out of the shoulders and body parts that looked as if they could fit into a sphere. The robot's head somewhat resembled Rodimus's but had vents on his forehead like Optimus.

"Primus!" exclaimed Optimus.

The mighty creator of the Cybertronians looked down upon them. "I see that you were not swayed by the illusions," said Primus.

"Illu... you mean Voldemort and Unicron weren't really there?" exclaimed Harry.

"They were a test: to see if the Well of Allsparks would be receiving another Spark or the human afterlife another soul," said Primus. "Your Spark and soul are strong: it is not time for them yet to make their journey, as Albus Dumbeldore once described it, the next great adventure. You will awaken soon."

"Wait!" said Harry. "What about Megatron?"

Primus looked down at Harry and said only two words: "Unleash me!"

* * *

When Harry came to, he was holding something which he had just pulled out of Optimus's chest. It was a spherical object with two handles on either side, about the size of a scooter, yet light enough for Harry to carry easily. With Primus's words still echoing in his head, Harry held the object above his head and tugged on both handles.

And it opened.

A white light spilled out from the object, bathing all the Hogwarts grounds. The green light of Megatron's Avada Kedavra was absorbed and dissolved in the light.

"What?" exclaimed Megatron as the white light overtook him. It was apparently too bright for Megatron and he screamed as he covered his optics.

Harry held the sphere, the Matrix of Leadership over his head, standing in Optimus's palm. Prime raised Harry above his head as the light, the essence of Primus spilled out over the grounds and proclaimed, "Light us in our darkest hour!"

The essence of Primus covered all: damaged Autobots were repowered and injured and exhausted humans were rejuvenated. "My God, what is this?" Hermione wondered out loud as she felt power coursing through her.

"It's... the Matrix," said Bumblebee in wonderment.

"By the Source!" exclaimed Rodimus. "He opened it!"

"That's a big deal?" asked Ron.

"Oh yeah, believe us," said Jazz, "Big time!"

Megatron was still writhing, holding his optics. Harry pointed his wand at him and yelled, "Accio Gaunt's Ring!" The Resurrection Stone came flying away from Megatron straight into Harry's hand. With the Matrix levitating above them, Harry leapt off Prime's hand as Prime made one last charge at Megatron. Optimus Prime slammed one final, powerful punch into Megatron's face just as Harry shouted, "Expelliarmus!"

Megatron was flung back about a hundred feet as Harry's disarmer shot the Elder Wand out of the now destroyed Wheeljack's gauntlet. The Elder Wand landed in Harry's hand with him once again the wand's true master.

"By the Pit!" snarled Megatron as he struggled to get back up. "If I could..." He stopped when he saw Prime standing over him. At Prime's feet was Harry pointing both his own wand and the Elder Wand at him. Not only that, but Megatron found himself completely surrounded by all of the surviving Autobots and wizards, all rejuvenated by the Matrix, all of them training their firearms or wands on him.

"It's over, Megatron," said Prime. "Even you should be able to tell that this is the end of the line."

Megatron growled but he knew that he had lost. "This is not finished yet, Optimus Prime!" With those last words, Megatron transformed into a jet and took off into the sky. Soundwave and Starscream, having come to and rejuvenated somewhat by the Matrix, also transformed into jets and took off into the air after their leader.

"For wizard-kind, it is," said Prime.

"Harry!" yelled Hermione. She barreled straight into Harry and flung her arms around him. "You idiot! You could've been killed! Oh God, thank goodness that you're OK!" she said, crying and laughing at the same time. "Oh Harry! Why if I didn't..."

"Hermione," Harry said gently as pulled back a little from her. "I'm OK."

"You'd better be Harry James Potter," said Hermione with a tearful smile. They leaned in, their lips coming closer when they abruptly stopped. Both of them turned toward Ginny looking sheepish.

"What? You're concerned about me?" said Ginny, a frown on her face. "Well I can take care of that." She made her way over toward them and said in a completely straight face, "Harry, I think we should see other people... it's not you, it's me... it obviously wasn't meant to be... I hope we can remain friends. There, did I cover everything? Now, START SNOGGING!"

So forceful were Ginny's words that Harry stood up rigid and said, "Yes, Ma'am," before pulling Hermione into a deep kiss.

Luna timidly walked over toward Ron whom was staring at Harry kissing Hermione. "Um... Ronald... are you OK with... them?"

"Huh?" said Ron turning toward her. "Yeah... yeah I'm OK with it now. Guess things really do change in a matter of a few years." He smiled at Luna and said, "Besides, I've got my eye on someone else now."

Luna smiled back at him. Gently, their hands curled together.

Soon, the surviving Autobots and Order members fanned out over the grounds take care of their dead, wizard, Autobot, and Decepticon alike. Harry was in a far off corner with Hermione and Ron. In his hands he was holding his family's Invisibility Cloak, Gaunt's ring and former horcrux, and the wand that had passed down from the likes of Grindelwald and Dumbledore: the three most powerful magical artifacts in existence.

Optimus made his way over toward them and quietly asked, "What will you do with them now?"

Harry sighed and replied, "Exact same thing I did last time. The ring will be lost somewhere in the forest again."

"And this time we're going to make sure it stays lost," piped in Ron.

Harry nodded and continued, "The cloak will stay in my family," he gave Hermione a meaningful look and added, "for all future generations."

Hermione raised her eyebrows and said, "Well, I sure hope they'll know how to use it responsibly."

Harry smirked and said, "I'll have you to teach them that." Hermione grinned back at him. "As for the wand, that's going back to Albus."

"We're going to add some modifications to make sure it stays there as well," said Hermione.

"That can wait though," said Harry. "There's one last thing I need to do with it before its shut away forever." He pointed the Elder Wand at Prime and said, "Reparo." In an instant, Prime's severed arm reattached itself to his shoulder, good as new.

Delightfully surprised, Optimus tested his reattached arm by swinging it back and forth. "Why thank you," he said.

"Always my pleasure," answered Harry.

A/N And that's a wrap! Well OK, there's still one final concluding chapter to tie everything up that's pretty much the whole story! Thank you everybody for sticking with me throughout all of this. I probably did get a little too cameo crazy toward the latter chapters and jumbled things up too much but I'm still highly satisfied by the way it all worked out. Once again, thank you for reading.