Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Here's another update!! Thanks again for all the awesome reviews, I had such good ones this time around! Also, just to let someone know…I accidentally erased a review and I totally didn't mean to. I just wanted to say that in case the person realized their review was suddenly gone. I cherish all reviews and would never delete any of them! Love you guys!

~HM

Chapter 12

Ava she stretched out on her bed with Baxter perched happily around her neck as she watched her sister get ready for her big date with the gorgeous Dallas Cosgrove. "You excited?"

"Very. We haven't gotten the chance to spend much time alone." Nora tugged her jeans over her hips then zipped them up before tuning slightly to check them out in the mirror. "Do these jeans make my butt look irresistible?"

Ava chuckled. "You know…most girls say `big'. `Do these jeans make my butt look big'. Not irresistible."

Nora met Ava's eyes through the mirror. "I'm not most girls."

Ava snorted. "That's the truth."

"I'm going to pretend that was a compliment," she claimed as she pulled out her cute fitted red and cream checkered blouse she purchased at the gift shop.

"What else is new?" Ava eyed the blouse. "Don't you look all country…all you're missing is cowboy boots."

"Got it covered."

Ava smiled. "Of course you do."

"Adorable red cowboy boots." She bent down, ruffled into the box and pulled them out. "See?"

"Very cute. So, he's taking you riding?"

"Yep. I just don't know where. He's taking the day off, so I'll have him all to myself."

"I like him…not to mention he's nice to look at."

Nora wiggled her brows. "Always a plus."

"When are you meeting him at the stables?"

"At ten." She adjusted her blouse as she studied herself in the mirror. "We're riding somewhere and then resting at noon for lunch…I think we're going on a picnic. He did say there was something he wanted to talk to me about." She frowned a bit as she turned to Ava. "I don't know what about."

"Worried?"

"No…more curious, I guess."

"I wouldn't worry about it, either. Are you going two going to have sex?"

Nora choked out a laugh. "A.J.!"

"What? We're sisters, aren't we? We're supposed to talk about this kind of stuff."

She grabbed her boots and sat on the edge of her bed, facing Ava. "I guess you're right…it just took me off guard."

Ava watched as she tugged on her first boot over her jeans. "Well? Are you?"

Nora looked up and grinned. "I sure hope so."

"Did you ever with Mike?"

Nora sighed as she grabbed her other boot, but didn't put them on. "Yes…I thought I was ready, but I wasn't. It was the downfall of our relationship. We didn't have that connection like we thought, so it was very awkward."

"But you have one with Dallas?"

Nora thought of both their passionate encounters in the barn and shuddered. "Oh, yeah. We're talking fireworks."

Ava sighed dreamily. "I hope I find fireworks."

Thinking of Dameon, Nora smiled. "You will…don't worry."

Ava also thought of Dameon, and let out another sigh as she closed her eyes. He had been unbearably sweet to her that day on the trail. He had never let go of her hand once as he patiently listened to her unload all the crap she had to endure while she had been with Liam.

She never realized how much she had kept locked inside her until she had finally let it all out. By the end of it she was emotionally drained and couldn't seem to stop the tears that filled her eyes. She had tried to wave it off by letting out a watery laugh, deliberately poking fun of herself.

"Stupid," she managed through a choked sob. "Stupid of me to cry over that bastard."

He stopped and turned suddenly towards her, wrapping his arms around her and held her close against his chest. She resisted at first, muttering a pathetically, weak, "I'm okay," against his chest.

"Shut up, A.J.," he simply said, then stroked her hair while she wept.

And after she had finished blubbering over him like an idiot, he simply wiped away a lingering tear before taking her hand again. He had asked her if she wanted to go back to the pool, but she wanted to go back to the house to make sure Liam was gone for good. He came with her of course, hands still holding as they walked into Liam's empty room.

"Looks like he's gone," Dameon said.

"Yeah," she said glancing over to the bed that was still unmade and couldn't stop the image of Liam and Dede flash through her mind.

As if he knew what she was thinking, he immediately stood in front of her, blocking the bed from her view. "Why don't you go to you room and relax? Maybe take a bubble bath or something…I know how you girls love a good bubble bath."

Because she knew he wanted to see it, she managed a smile. "That we do."

"I'll strip the sheets for you and put them in a wash…maybe even burn them."

That did make her smile. "A good wash will do." She then circled her arms around his waist and held him close as she rubbed her cheek softly against his chest. "Thanks, Dameon."

He placed his lips gently against her hair. "Anytime, Ava."

She thought he was going to kiss her then, when he slowly pulled away, but instead gave her a friendly pat on the shoulder before turning away and dealt with the bed. It wasn't until later, when she was hunkered down in warm soothing water and bubbles, did she realize that she was disappointed he didn't kiss her. She had wanted him to-she had wanted to know what it would feel like to have his lips pressed against hers.

Now, days later, she still wanted to know. He had been keeping his distance from her since that day on the trail-since the day the rest of his family found out about Liam's sudden departure. When he did have no choice but to cross paths with her, he was nothing but cordial and polite. It was infuriating. She almost rather him pick a petty fight with her like the good old days then be so damn-nice.

"Off in la-la land, A.J.?"

Ava shook her head clear and stared. "Huh? Oh…sorry. Yeah, guess I was."

Nora frowned slightly as she studied her little sister. "You're okay, right? I mean…you're still not upset about Liam?"

"No, I'm fine," she assured him then glanced uneasily at the door. "And be careful saying his name…never know where Dad may be."

Nora winced. "Oh…right. Wouldn't want Daddy's blood pressure to go up again."

"Or try to go after him." Ava blew out a breath. "I don't think I've ever seen him so angry."

"You know how overprotective he can get over his girls. Hmm," Nora pondered for a moment. "I should probably caution Dallas."

Ava grinned. "Wouldn't hurt, although dad seems to like him."

"Yeah. Plus, dad's been really cool about understanding the whole "secret" thing. I had only just told him and mum a few days ago."

"And how does he feel about this little outing?" Ava asked with an arched brow.

"I could tell he was a bit uneasy about it, but at the same time he knows I'm a big girl now and all he can do is be supportive." Nora stood up from the bed and walked over to the mirror to give a final look. "Well, it looks like I'm ready." She gave a little spin before turning to her sister. "How do I look?"

"Perfect." Ava grinned. "You're going to knock his socks off."

She gave her sister a knowing grin. "I am, aren't?" She then laughed and ran over to give her a quick hug, but then jolted back when she remembered the snake. "Ah…we'll hug later. Wish me luck and I'll see you later tonight."

"I want to hear all the details!" Ava called out to her as she left the room. "Well Bax…why don't you and I go for a walk, hmm? We can stretch our legs. Well…my legs…you don't have any legs."

She swung herself off the bed and headed out of her room, turned a corner and practically walked right into a breathless Dameon. "Woah…sorry."

He gave her an easy grin. "My fault…I wasn't watching where I was going."

Ava barely resisted rolling her eyes. His fault? Usually when she ran into him-which seemed to happen a lot, he would blame her and say some snide comment like, "Watch where you're going, Grace." or "Nice going there, Grace."

Where the hell was that guy? She missed that guy! She wanted to walk up and plant a big fat one on that guy!

"Well…neither was I," she commented back, with a little bit of bite in her tone. "Why are you so breathless and sweaty?"

"Just came back from a run," he said as he wiped his brow with his forearm. "Coach wants us to try and stay in shape during our break."

"I see…well, I'm just about to take a walk with Bax…I'd ask if you'd want to come, but I assume you're too tired."

He nodded. "You assume right. I'm going to take a shower than maybe take advantage of the quiet around here and take a nap."

Ava opened her ears and noticed the eerie silence "It is insanely quiet…where is everybody?"

"Most by the pool…I think some at the Quidditch pitch, too." He paused to take a quick gulp of the glass of water he had been holding. "Our parents are downstairs, though, playing some card game around the kitchen table. It's getting pretty rowdy…I believe its girls against boys."

Ava grinned. "Uh-oh, look out."

He let out a soft chuckle. "Yeah. Well. I better go and get cleaned up. Enjoy your walk, A.J."

Ava shifted to the side so he could pass. "I will….enjoy your shower and nap."

He just smiled and gave her a nod before walking down the hall and disappeared into his room. Once he was inside, he leaned back against the door and took in a long shaky breath before letting it out. Merlin, he didn't know how much longer he could take this torture. Being alone with her and pretending to be all chummy and friendly when all he really wanted to do was…

He swallowed his thought with a soft groan. He had been so close-so close into shoving her against the wall and taking that sweet, sexy mouth of hers. Baxter probably wouldn't have liked that, he thought as he pushed himself away from the door and headed to the shower, stripping as he went. He would have thought he was attacking her and fight back by taking a big chunk out of him with his fangs. That possible scenario had been one of the reasons why he had resisted devouring her against the wall-possibly the only reason.

Needing to cool off from not only the run, but from his encounter with Ava, he decided a frigid cold shower would help. As he shivered under the cold spray he closed his eyes and took a few deep, calming breaths. He wanted Ava…and hoped to have Ava-soon. But he knew she was still vulnerable with what happened with Liam and he'd be damned if he'd be a bloody rebound.

So he would wait as long as he could, until he was sure she wanted him just as much-just as fiercely-as he wanted her. It still pleasantly surprised him that he wanted to be with Ava. The one girl who knew just how to push his buttons-the only girl who could make him mad as hell one minute, then release a muffled chuckle out of him the next. She'd give him a headache-among other things-but he sure as hell wouldn't be bored.

A few more days, he assured himself as he turned off the water, grabbing a towel as he stepped out. He'd wait a few more days before he made his move. He wouldn't jump her like he had always imagined doing-he would take it slow-feel her out. And hopefully-hopefully-she would be on the same page as him, because if she wasn't?-she was in for a fight, because when Dameon Malfoy wanted something-he'd do everything in his power to get it.

-->