Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Well, this is it. It's over. Done. Finite! I'm sorry if you guys are sad it's over, but I was so ready for it to be. I have a whole new story that I've been wanting to share for over a year! I haven't gotten too far into it, but I'll post it sometime this week. As for this story, it's time for it to end. This universe has definitely had a long run. Thanks so much for the support! Love you guys!

~HM

Chapter 23

Minutes passed and neither of them had yet to move. They didn't make love again or even kiss…they just held each other…still joined. They could hear the swirls and bubbles of the hot tub, cicadas chirping and the occasional hoot of a nearby owl. If they had bothered to look up they would see a blanket of stars shining down on them…but all they saw was each other.

With a heavy sigh, Dameon rubbed his cheek against her damp hair. "We should really go…I don't want to, but we really need to go."

"I know." She tilted her head up and met his lips with a soft kiss. "I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow."

"It's definitely flown by," he said as he rubbed his hands over her arms then gently pushed her back. "I'm looking forward to starting our lives together though…outside of the resort."

She smiled sheepishly. "Really?"

"Of course." He playfully tugged her hair. "Aren't you?"

"Yes," she said eagerly. "Definitely. Do you think we'll do okay in the real world? I mean...there's no question that it's going to be more challenging."

"Relationships are always challenging, luv," he said as he ran a hand down her hair. "But I know we'll be okay."

"Really?" she asked with a teasing smile. "How do you know?"

"Because I love you," he said simply then smiled when he saw the blood drain from her face. "Is that so surprising, Ava? That I love you?"

Ava swallowed hard. "I…I…I don't suppose so, I just…you just…caught me off guard."

He grinned. "Good…I prefer doing the unexpected. I hope to keep on surprising you in the future."

"You're really in love with me?" she asked with hopeful eyes.

"Ridiculously."

Ava's lips slowly curved and then laughter bubbled out of her as she threw her arms around him. "Dameon….I love you, too."

He felt his heart tremble in his chest. "Yeah?"

"Yes." She leaned back and captured is face with her hands. "I love you so much. I always have it seems."

His brows flickered up in surprise. "Even the times you were cursing at me? Or throwing a bodily harmed object at me?"

"Even then."

A smile tugged at his lips. "Me, too," he admitted. "Even when I was cursing you back while I avoided the flying bodily harmed objects."

Ava tilted her head up with a joyous laughter. "Oh Dameon, we're quite a pair, aren't we?"

"That we are," he said cupping the back of her neck and brought her lips to his. "I love you," he murmured into her mouth.

She shivered as she wrapped her arms around him. "I love you, too," she breathed.

Moans merged as the kiss deepened…tongues stroking, lips caressing. Ava gasped when she felt him suddenly grow hard inside her then on a desperate groan began to slowly ride him.

"Merlin," Dameon groaned as he buried his face into her neck and gripped her hips, urging her on.

She came first, long and hard as she clenched tightly around him, Dameon growled against her mouth as he scooped her up and took her out of the hot waters and tumbled her onto the nearby chaise. He hooked her legs over his arms and pumped himself inside her. Again and again. Until they were both spent

After they finally managed to untangle themselves from each other, after they dried themselves off and dressed, and after a quick snog up against a tree on the way home…they finally snuck back into the house just a few hours before dawn.

They giggled softly like a two mischievous kids as they tiptoed up the stairs, and at Ava's door, he kissed her goodnight. And kissed her again, and again, until finally Ava pushed him away with a whispering laugh. "Sleep it off, lover boy," she murmured. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay," he said with a goofy grin. "I love you."

Her eyes softened. "I love you, too," she said and then stuck her head back out for a quick kiss and then quickly shut the door in his face before he could tempt her.

They had both slept in the next morning and eventually Harry and Draco had to wake them up when it was almost noon. Everyone was bustling around the house as they packed their things and Dameon had snuck into her room once or twice for a kiss or two.

"When we get back," Dameon murmured against her lips. "We'll have to go out…I need to take you out on a date."

She grinned. "Yes, I guess you do owe me one."

"Why don't you come to my house tonight?" he asked as he ran a finger over her exposed shoulder from her tank top. "I'll cook you the dinner this time."

"Can you cook?" she asked with an arch brow.

"Guess you'll just have to wait and find out," he teased and then leaned down and nuzzled her neck. "I've got to finish packing…you're a distraction."

"Right back at you, lover boy," she laughed and then shoved him away. `All right, get…I still need to shower."

"Shower? Hey, why don't we…"

"Don't even think about it, Malfoy," she warned as she wagged her finger at him. "Another time…when our parents aren't around."

"I guess I can wait," he said with a grin and then winked at her before strolling out.

Ava's mouth stretched out into a wide grin and it continued to stay there as she finished her packing, when she was in the shower and was still smiling when Nora walked in her room just as she was zipping up her luggage.

"Well, hey there, smiley," Nora said with a smirk as she plopped down on the bed. "Did you swallow a hanger or something?"

"Or something," she said with a look of pleasure on her face. "I'm in love…and I'm loved right back…how can I not smile?"

She smiled slowly. "So…I take it last night was a success?"

"A big success," she said and tossed her clothes aside and sat next to her sister. "Nora…he was so romantic. There was dinner and flowers and..." She broke off with a dreamy sigh. "It was fantastic."

"That's all you got for me?" she asked as she poked her sister. "Don't I get a little bit of a peak on the good stuff…how was the sex?"

Ava blushed. "Good…okay more than good," she added when her sister gave her a look. "Fabulous…earth-shattering."

"Wow."

"At least I thought so…I mean he was my first so I don't have anyone to compare it to."

"Do you regret that?"

"No," she said with shy smile. "No, I'm glad he was my first and I hope he'll be my last."

"That's so sweet," Nora said and gave her little sister a hug. "I'm so happy for you. For both of you."

"Thanks," she said as she started to tear up. "And I'm happy for you and Dallas. You two are quite a pair."

Nora grinned while they pulled apart. "I think so."

"It's all so exciting," Ava chuckled. "You, marrying Dallas…moving here and starting a whole new life and a whole new country."

Nora put a hand on her unsteady stomach. "Both exciting and nerve-racking."

"But more exciting," Ava assured her as she rubbed a hand up and down her arm. "When are you going to meet up with him again?"

"I'm going to Texas in a couple of weeks to meet his family," she said as she ran her fingers through her hair. "I'm freaking out about that…I hope they like me."

"They'll love you, because Dallas and Phoebe love you."

She sent her sister a grateful smile. "Thanks," she said and then shot up to her feet. "I better get back at my packing, I still have a ways to go."

"I'm just about done." She glanced at her watch. "Just shy of an hour till we have to head to the apparation point."

"I'll be ready," she said as she walked to the door, but then turned back. "A.J? One last question."

"Shoot."

"How many times?"

Ava blinked. "Excuse me?"

"How many?" she asked again with a smirk. "How many times did he make you…well…you know."

Ava immediately blushed when she realized what she was talking about. "Oh." She cleared her throat. "Six."

Nora let out a long whistle. "Go Dameon."

XXX

Dallas and Phoebe walked with them to the apparation point to say good-bye to Nora and the rest of the family. It was weird to realize that they arrived as just another guest but they were leaving as their family.

"Why do you have to leave?"

Nora sighed as she reached down and plucked a very sad Phoebe from the ground and into her arms. "I'm not leaving," she assured her as she ran a hand over her bouncy curls. "Not really…I just have to go home for just a little while and get some things done."

"Then I'll see you again?" she asked with a worried face.

She gave her a firm nod. "Definitely."

Still unsure, Phoebe moved her little shoulder in an uneasy shrug. "My real mom didn't want me."

"Oh, sweetie," she said as she sent a quick glance over at Dallas. "I can't change what happened with your mum, but I can promise you that I won't leave you…they'll be times I might have to leave for a little while, but I'll always come back."

"Promise?" she asked and held up her pinkie.

Nora grinned as she locked her pinkie with hers. "Pinkie promise."

Dallas reached over and slipped an arm around Nora making them a unit. "How am I supposed to survive two weeks without you?"

She smiled sadly as she rested her head against his shoulder. "I know, I'm already missing you two, but we'll be together soon."

Dallas brushed his lips against her hair. "Yeah…soon. And I want to get married…soon."

Pleasure bloomed inside her. "Some people might think we're moving too fast."

"And are you some people?"

"No."

"Good, neither am I."

She smiled as she lifted her face up until their lips met.

"Just look at those two," Ava said with a sigh as Dameon stood behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist. "So adorable…like a little family."

Dameon chuckled. "Well, they are a little family."

Ava elbowed him in the gut. "You know what I mean."

"I know," he said wincing slightly but then playfully plopped his chin on her shoulder. "They do look good together…and I really like Dallas, and the kid's pretty cute."

Ava grinned. "You were rather sweet with her the other day when they came over for dinner."

"I love kids."

"I know," she said softly as she turned in his arms. "You were always so good with kids."

"Yeah?" he asked pleased. "Right back at you…want to have one?"

Ava choked out a laugh. "Excuse me?"

"Too soon?" he asked and then nodded. "Probably right, we'll talk about it another time."

She just shook her head as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're a piece of work, Malfoy…but I wouldn't mind having one with me. But you'll have to marry me first."

"Hmm, that sounds like a fair deal," he said and pressed his curved lips to hers. "I'll have to make sure and ask you to marry me sometime."

"Looking forward to it," she murmured and then held him close and brought his mouth back to hers.

"Oh hell," Harry cursed as he watched both his girls in the arms of another man. "I have a feeling we're going to be planning another double wedding soon."

Hermione snaked an arm around her husband's waist. "You may be right…a nice fall wedding maybe."

"Shit," he muttered as he scooped a hand through his hair. "Well…if it does happen, so be it."

"It's not all that bad," Hermione said as she shifted herself in front of him. "It's apparently a tradition in our family. First Rosie and Albus marrying together, then Lily and Hugo…why not Nora and Ava?"

"Yeah," he said as he tipped her chin up for a kiss. "Why not?"

Hermione sighed as she held him close. "I love you."

Harry smiled as he brought his arms around her. After all these years he never got tired of hearing her say that. And he never got tired of saying it back. "I love you, too, Sparky."

Dameon finally pulled away from Ava's lips and framed her face with his hands. "So?" he asked as he swept his thumbs across her cheeks. "Ready for the real world, Potter?"

Ava laughed. "Bring it on, Malfoy."

He smiled. "You know…I didn't want to love you, Ava…I fought it for years."

Her playful eyes turned soft as she gripped his wrists. "I know…me, too."

"But now?" He planted a kiss on her forehead. "I do want to love you." Then one on each eyelid. "It's all I want." Another kiss on her cheek. "It's all I'll ever want." The other cheek. "And it's all I'll ever need." He finally touched his lips to hers and practically felt her melt against him. "I love you, Ava James Potter."

Her knees went weak and her eyes misted over as she held onto him in fear that she might crumble to the ground. "Dameon…I've always loved you." She smiled shakily as he wiped away a tear. "Even when it was unwanted…you always had my heart."

Shaken to the bone, Dameon touched his forehead to hers. "Look at us? A couple of saps in love…who'd have thought?"

"Actually…more than you'd think. It just took us awhile to figure it out."

"Just a while," he said with a soft chuckle then lifted their joint hands to kiss her fingers on each hand. "Let's go home, Ava."

Her eyes fluttered closed as she felt the pure joy of being in love fill her up completely. She was finally with the person she belonged to…the person that had been a constant pain in her side was the man she loved. It didn't get any better than that. "All right," she said and reached up for a quick kiss. "Let's go home."

-->