Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Glad you guys like it so far! Here's more!

Chapter 2

Ava sat across the table from Liam at one of her favorite cafés in Diagon Alley. They were outside on the patio, enjoying the beautiful sunny day while they discussed the trip that would take place in a few weeks. They had just ordered and were now enjoying their drinks and warm bread that was provided for them.

"You look beautiful, babe," Liam said with a charming smile as he reached over for her hand and kissed it sweetly. "Did you do something to your hair?"

Ava blushed, pleased that he noticed. "I put a little curl in it," she said waving it off like it wasn't a big deal. "It's always so straight and boring, I thought I'd do something different."

"I like it," he said giving her a sweet smile as he buttered his bread. "I think you should wear it like that more often."

"Oh. Well." Flustered she fiddled with it. "It's kind of a pain and Nora helped but…"

"Uh-huh…excuse me, babe," he said distracted as he got up from his chair. "I have to run to the loo.

"Oh, okay," she said, a little taken back at the sudden urgency. "No problem."

"Be right back," he said not even looking at her as he walked off inside through the double doors of the café.

Ava sighed and put her sunglasses back on since the sun glared brightly down on her. Sometimes, holding a conversation with Liam was a bit difficult. He was always so distracted and changed the subject so quickly she would loose track of what they were talking about. She didn't blame him for it…sometimes people were like that. It was just a matter of adjusting to his personality.

Shaking it off, she picked up her knife, planning on spreading butter on some bread, but the knife slipped through her grasp and it clattered to the ground. "Shoot," she said and leaned down to get it and her forehead slammed against the table on her way down. "Ow!" she winced as she placed a hand on her forehead.

Male laughter fluttered across the table and she looked up to give Liam a sheepish smile, but it wasn't Liam sitting across from her. "Oh, great…just what I need."

"How's it going, Grace?" Dameon said with a grin. "That's probably going to leave a big knot."

She scowled "That seat is taken."

Dameon leaned back comfortably. "Yes, I know…I saw him inside."

"He just went to the loo."

"Is that what he's doing?" Dameon said, wondering if he should tell her he saw Liam flirting with a blonde at the bar. "Hmm."

"Yes, that's what he's doing…but he'll be right back so…" She gave a little shoo with her hands. "Be gone, annoying one."

He ignored her. "What on earth did you do to your hair?"

Ava blinked. "What?" she asked as she patted her hair. "Did I mess it up?"

"No…it's all…curly and shit."

"I gave it a little curl…so what?"

He just shrugged. "Whatever." He certainly wasn't going to admit that although the curls didn't look bad, he didn't particularly like it. She just didn't look like…A.J. "What are you and boy wonder up to?" he asked as he took a piece of bread.

"None of your business. And get your own bread," she protested but he only grinned and took a big chunk out of it with his teeth and chewed mockingly at her. "You're impossible. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Meeting Bridget for lunch," he muffled through a mouthful of bread.

"Of course you are," she said dryly and rolled her eyes. "You know…she might not be the brightest bulb in the bunch, but she was a nice enough girl. Her only flaw is what she sees in you." Forgetting she was trying to make him leave, Ava grabbed her own slice. "Are you two on again?"

"Here," he said handing her his knife when he noticed her searching for her own. "You dropped yours remember, Grace?" She snagged it from his hands and glared at him while she angrily buttered her bread. "And to answer your question….no…she's actually getting married. Wants to talk about it and stuff."

"Aww," she cooed as she placed a hand on her chest. "Is she going to ask you to be the maid of honor?"

"Get bent," he scoffed and she just snickered. "She asked me to give her away."

Ava's smirk dropped. "Give her away?" she asked confused. "Where's her father?"

"Out of the picture." Since he didn't trust Liam's current diseases, he grabbed Ava's glass of water instead and took a greedy sip. She didn't even protest, just waited for him to further explain. "He left her and her mum when she was little. He still supports them financially…but she hasn't seen him since."

"Oh," she said softly as her heart went out to her. "I had no idea."

"She doesn't talk about it. Just a few of her friends know….sooo…"

"Oh, of course," she said quickly when she realized what he was saying. "Mouth is firmly shut."

Dameon's lips curved when she pretended to lock her lips with an invisible key. "Thanks." He turned in his seat to see that his table was still empty and looked around. "Still no sign of her. Must be running late." He turned back around and noticed her eyeing the double doors. "There was a long line."

She turned back. "Excuse me?"

"A long line…to the loo." He took another slice of bread to snack on. "Probably why he's taking so long."

"Oh…yeah, you're probably right." She then narrowed her eyes when he stole another sip. "Will you cut it out?" she snapped as she reached over and took her glass back from him. "You have a perfectly full glass of water at your table. Why don't you go over there and drink it?"

"Aww…and I thought we were getting along so well."

"Why start now?" She gave him another shoo with her hands. "Now go…he should be back any minute and we still have to discuss the trip."

"Fine…out of bread anyway." He started to get up, but halted his movement halfway out of the chair. "What do you mean, `discuss the trip'? He's not coming is he?"

Ava lifted her chin. "Of course he's coming…he's my boyfriend."

Dameon groaned as he sat back down. "That's just great," he said with a scowl. "It's bad enough I have to resist strangling you for three weeks and now you add boy wonder to the mix."

"Oh, boo-hoo," she taunted back.. "And stop calling him boy wonder…he has a name."

"It's either boy wonder or Mr. Full of Himself…take your pick." He was so tempted to tell her just what her precious boyfriend was doing at the moment, but managed to resist. She'd find out for herself sooner or later. "Just make sure you keep him away from me…both of you for that matter."

"Gladly, you arrogant prick!" she shot back when he got up from his chair. "As far as I'm concerned we have no reason to speak one word to each other the whole trip."

"That's one thing we can agree on," he sneered back then angrily planted his hands on the table and loomed closer to her.

She wanted to cower back in her chair, he was entirely too close, however she was too stubborn to give him the satisfaction. "You have something to say?"

"Yeah, I do," he said as he leaned closer. "I don't like your little boyfriend…in fact…I think he's a fucking tool…and I believe you'll figure that out one day." He paused, waiting for her to cringe back or advert her eyes, but she held strong, staring right back at him as she lifted that stubborn chin of hers. Damn if he didn't admire her for that. "I'll try not to tell you `I told you so' when you finally do." His eyes flickered to her forehead and his lips curved at the red whelp that had formed. "Might want to think about putting some ice on that bump." He pushed himself away from her. "Enjoy your lunch, Grace," he said nodding to the food that had just arrived and then walked away.

He heard her mutter, "Jerk," under her breath, but pretended to ignore it as he headed to his table, which was now occupied by Bridget. She was lifting an amusing brow as he walked him, which told him she witnessed the little interaction between A.J. "Don't ask," he said as he leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. "Give me a minute, though…I have to take care of one thing."

"Take your time," she assured him and watched him walk off back inside.

Dameon didn't waste any time. He walked straight up to Liam and tugged his shoulder away from the blonde. "Kelson."

Liam looked away from the blonde and his smile faltered. "Malfoy…what do you want?"

"Oh…just giving you a friendly reminder that your girlfriend is still waiting for you outside."

"Girlfriend?" the blonde questioned as she took a step backwards. "You have a girlfriend?"

"N-no," he stammered. "I mean…yes…sort of, but…"

"Ugh, men like you make me sick." She held out her hand. "I'd like my information back…now."

Liam reluctantly gave back the girl the roll of parchment. The girl snagged it back angrily, then turned to Dameon, looked him up and down and gave him a slow smile. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Dameon grinned. "Nope."

"Well then," she said with a smile as she handed him the roll of parchment. "Owl me sometime."

"I sure will," he said with a wink and then admired her as she walked away, then turned to Liam who was glaring at him with clenched fists. "Shouldn't you get back to A.J., Kelson?"

"Why the hell do you even care?" Liam asked demandingly. "You don't even like her."

"No…we don't get a long…there's a difference. It's you I don't like, Kelson. What the hell are you doing? You obviously don't care about A.J. Why not just leave her the bloody hell alone and go after someone that's not way out of your league."

Liam let out a slow, taunting smirk. "I see what's going on here. You're jealous that I'm shagging A.J. and you're not." Liam thought it wouldn't hurt if the little punk thought that were actually true. "I'm finally beating you in something and it's driving you crazy."

A fierce wave of hostility washed through him so suddenly he had to take a few breaths to calm himself down. For some reason, the image of the bastard touching A.J. nearly sent him over the edge. "It's not jealously, Kelson," he finally said in a low, warning tone. "Just know that'll I'll be watching you…I can't wait until A.J. finally sees you for who you really are."

Liam snorted. "Whatever…you don't scare me."

"Whatever you say, Kelson…see you up there."

Liam grabbed his arm before he could walk away. "What do you mean? You're going on the trip?"

Dameon looked at Liam's hand. "You're going to want to let go now."

Liam angrily pushed his hand off his arm. "You can't be coming…A.J. never said anything about you coming."

"Not my problem," he said as he started to walk off, but then turned back around. "Oh, and Kelson?"

"What?" he shot back.

Dameon grinned. "You're fly's undone…see you around, dickhead."

As Liam cursed and fumbled at his open fly behind him, Dameon strutted back outside to Bridget. "You look awfully pleased with yourself," Bridget said as he sat down in front of her.

"I am," he said with a grin. "Let's order some champagne…I'm in the mood to celebrate."

-->