Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Okay kids…here's a pretty long update. Hope you enjoy it and the next will be up as soon as I can manage. I know kind of where to go next, but the next few weeks are going to be busy…just fair warning. For now…enjoy this update and keep up the great reviews. They only inspire me to keep on writing so the more the better! Thanks a bunch.

Much Love.

~HM

Chapter 7

Dallas had just finished taking a few guests on an extra long trail ride and he was hot, sweaty and exhausted. All he wanted to do now was go back to his cabin, give his Phoebe a hug and a kiss, open a nice cold beer and plop on his couch and watch his Texas Rangers take on the Yankees.

That would have to wait for now, he still had his horses to tend to and that wasn't something he rushed with. The horses were his responsibility and it wasn't something he took lightly. So, Phoebe's hug and kisses, a cold beer and baseball were currently put on hold.

"Okay Delilah," he murmured to the gray speckled mare one of the guests had ridden. "Let's take that heavy saddle off you, girl."

Unsaddling and tending to his horses was a very easy, mindless task for him. His mind tended to wander a lot and today…surprise, surprise…it wandered to Nora. Merlin, he wanted his hands on her again. Wanted to feel that long willowy body wrapped tightly around him while he feasted on that pouty full mouth. God, but she tasted sweet and her taste was something that stayed permanently inside him for the last few days. Had it really been only two days? It felt like an eternity. If she didn't come see him soon he was going to have to track her down himself.

After slipping off the bridal of the last horse, he replaced it with a halter, than sighed as he placed his forehead against the geldings. He couldn't stop thinking about her…and that meant trouble.

"What's troubling you, Cowboy?"

Dallas lifted his head and couldn't seem to stop the blush that crept up into his cheeks when he saw Nora standing a few feet away from him. It was mortifying!

Dallas Cosgrove never blushed! She had caught him off guard while he was practically mooning over her, than one second she was there in front of him. Looking all pretty and fresh in her white cotton blouse and yellow flowing skirt that skimmed the top of her knees.

"Nora…Hey, I was just…finishing up." He cleared his throat as he stepped back from the horse. "Just finished a trail ride."

Well, well, well…the man was flustered. Wasn't that interesting? And rather adorable. "Yes I know…I ran into Aunt Tasha and Uncle Draco…they had a really nice time."

"Aunt Tasha and…oh right, the Malfoys. They were good riders. Mr. Malfoy…he was a big nervous at first, although he tried his best to hide it, but eventually he got the hang of it. Your aunt was a natural though. She rode Maverick here," he said as he gave the sorrel a little pat.

"My aunt thinks you're hot."

Dallas blinked. "I beg your pardon?"

Nora grinned. "My aunt?" she repeated. "She thinks you're one tasty morsel."

"Oh. Well, I…hmm," he ended when he didn't know exactly what to say to that.

"And now I've embarrassed you," she giggled as she took a step closer to him.

"Embarrassed? No, of course….well…maybe a little."

"I have to agree with her though." She slinked up against him and circled her arms around his neck.

Dallas lifted a brow as he settled his hands on her hips. "You think I'm a tasty morsel?"

"Well, I've already had a little taste," she reminded him as she leaned up and took a nip out of his chin.

He swallowed a groan. "So you have," he managed as he pulled her closer. "Care for another sample?"

"Yes please," she said with a teasing grin as she lifted her mouth to his. She had expected the kiss to be soft, maybe a little playful, but instead his mouth crushed roughly against hers and devoured. That was the only word she could think of to describe what he was doing to her. He was devouring her….like she was the tasty morsel instead. All she could do was hold on tight for the ride while she let herself be taken. On a desperate moan, she slid her fingers up in his hair, causing his faded blue cap he always wore, to fall to the ground unnoticed.

Dallas groaned as he lifted her off her feet and stumbled his way into the tack room just to be sure they weren't seen. He backed her against the far wall and pinned her there with his body and let his hands run free of her body. He cupped, molded and caressed every inch of her while he continued to taste her mouth with long, deep satisfying kisses.

"You know," Nora breathed when his mouth finally left hers to travel down her long angular neck. "I came to see you for a reason."

"Other than this?" he chuckled as he hands snug under her blouse.

Nora gasped when his large, rough hands cupped her breasts. "Oh my…mmm…no…I mean not only this…" Another gasp escaped her when his thumbs brushed her nipples. When did he unfasten her bra? Wow…he was good. "And this is fantastic, but…" Her eyes fluttered closed when his lips and tongue ventured down to the vee of her blouse.. "I was coming to tell you something…ahh…oh, God."


"Can it wait?" he murmured as he tugged the material of her blouse away and rubbed his lips against the soft skin between her breasts. "I'm somewhat busy at the moment."

His mouth then covered her breasts, causing her to cry out and arch her back. "Yes," she gasped as she gripped his hair. "Take your time."

"That's very generous of you," he said before moving attention to the other breast.

She couldn't say anything else…she had never felt like this before. Mike, her last serious boyfriend, had done this to her many of times and although she had gotten the occasional shiver now and then…it did nothing for her. Dallas, however, knew what he was doing as an urgent need started to spread through her like wildfire. When she finally couldn't take it anymore, she sobbed his name while she tugged his head back to her, desperate to have his mouth on hers again.

As she dragged him back up, Dallas trailed his busy mouth up her neck and along her jaw before they finally captured her lips. The kiss was hard, fast, anxious, before suddenly turning unbearably soft, deep and silky. Nora could practically feel her insides melting like hot wax as she let him take her under.

Dallas groaned softly when he finally made himself pull away from her. Pulling away from her was getting harder to do. Next time he just might not find the strength. "Okay," he murmured as he traced a finger along her bottom lip. "What did you want to tell me?"

She was trembling. Her whole body shook with need from his all too talented mouth and hands, and from the look of the pleasing smirk on his face…he knew it. "I…I forgot."

"Hmm…well, take your time remembering" he said as he nuzzled her neck.

She sighed and held her close. "Well…that doesn't help when…oh…now I remember…tomorrow night…oh…wow, that feels good," she slipped in when his tongue and teeth started teasing her earlobe.

"That's the idea…what about tomorrow night?"

"Hmm? Oh…right…tomorrow night…we…I mean my sister and…and…oh, cut it out…I can't think properly when you're doing that."

He chuckled as he pulled away. "Fair enough," he said and gave her a quick kiss before pushing himself away from her.

Nora immediately readjusted her blouse in place and gave him a smirk when she fastened back her bra. "You have a way with your hands, cowboy."

He flashed a grin. "Thanks. Let's get out of here so I'm not tempted to muddle you up again.

Nora followed him out and watched him take Maverick by his harness and led him towards the stables. "Do you ever go to that wizard pub down at the base of the mountain?" Nora asked once he came back.

"Bar," he corrected with a grin. "Us Yanks over here call it a bar…not a pub."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, cowboy…you know what I meant."

He chuckled and playfully tugged her hair. "Yes, I've been there. The owner is a friend of mine…are you and your family planning on going there tomorrow night?"

"Yes…well, just A.J….my sister…and Dameon." The two walked out of the barn and into the bright sun and sat down on a wooden bench near the corral. "The rest of the family are coming here on Saturday and we kind of wanted to give our parents a night to themselves before the chaos began. Dameon had heard about the pub…excuse me….bar…from one of the other guests and suggested it. Sounded fun…and different, so we're going to go. I wanted to come by and see if you wanted to join us."

He smiled softly. "Nora…I'd love to, but…I don't know if it be safe…"

"I don't mean go with us," she corrected. "I just meant…maybe we'll accidentally bump into you over there. There's no harm in that, right?"

"I guess not," he said with a grin. "And it gives me a chance to be with you."

"Great," she said and gave his hand a quick squeeze. "I'll see you there then."

"Sure…er…does your family know about us?"

"My sister does," she admitted after a moment. "A.J. and I are pretty close and don't hide keep secrets…and Dameon, but not because I told him…he figured it out himself. He's very observant."

"I see…is Dameon the one you ran to the day we met?"

Her eyes brightened in remembrance. "Yes, that's him…I forgot about that. It didn't take long for him to figure out that I liked you…teased me about it relentlessly."

"I thought he was your boyfriend."

Nora lifted a brow. "Really now? Well…that's interesting. Were you jealous?"

"Maybe," he admitted reluctantly. "A bit…okay, a lot. Big time jealous."

"Aww," she said as she lightly touched his cheek. "That's sweet…but completely unnecessary. He has his eye on my younger sister…although he doesn't realize it yet. The two fight constantly…you can practically feel the sexual tension between them."

"Well, that should be interesting to watch," he said after awhile. "Looking forward to it."

"Just a matter of time until it happens," she said with a shake of her head. "A.J. has a boyfriend now…who by the way is an asshole…another warning…sure you want to come now?"

"Are you going to still go?"


"Definitely."

"Then I'll risk it."

"Good…I better go for now." She got up on her feet and he followed. "See you tomorrow night then."

"Nora?" he called out when she was at the end of the trail leading to the barn.

"Yes?" she asked as she turned around.

"I want a day with you," he said as he slid his hands in his pockets. "I know you're family is coming in and you'll be busy, but I still want a day with you. Soon."

Nora let out a shaky breath as she felt her heart start to tremble. The way he was looking at her made her knees practically turn to jelly. "Okay," she finally said. "I'll see what I can do. Soon."

And with that said she quickly turned back around and made herself walk briskly away before she decided to do something stupid. Like drag him back inside and let him have his way with her on a nice pile of hay.

XXX

"Put the jeans down and slowly back away," Nora warned as she strolled into her sister's room.

Ava, who was sitting on the edge of the bed with one leg halfway through her jeans, looked up startled. "Huh?"

Nora walked over and whipped the denim out of her hands. "You're not wearing jeans tonight, sis," she told her as she tossed them aside.

"Oh really? And just what exactly am I wearing?"

Nora grinned and pulled out a bright red dress she had behind her back. "This."

Ava's jaw dropped. "I…I can't wear that," she protested as she stood up dressed only in her bra and knickers. "It's a dress!"

Nora rolled her eyes. "Honestly, A.J., it's not going to kill you…it's just going to show off those killer legs of yours."

Ava frowned when she held the dress up to her and looked down. "It's too short."

"Nonsense," she argued as she pushed her sister over to the full-length mirror. "It's perfect for you…which is why I got it."

"You got this for me?" she asked as she fingered the satin material. It did feel nice and soft against her skin…and red was her signature color. "It's kind of pretty, I guess."

"Kind of? It's a knock-out." She handed the dress to her and patted her shoulder. "Dameon's tongue is going to fall to the floor."

Ava immediately blushed at the thought as she met her sister's eyes in the mirror. "Really? You really think…wait…Dameon? Don't you mean Liam?"

Nora gave her a wide innocent look. "Oh, how silly of me…of course I meant Liam."

Ava narrowed her eyes at her, not buying it for a second. "Uh-huh…sure you did."

"Minor slip up," she said casually as she waved it off. "Besides, you didn't even notice the slip up at first…you even blushed."

"I did not," she argued, slightly mortified.

"Okay sweetie," she said almost mockingly. "Now get dressed…I have to go and finish looking just as fabulous for Dallas. See you downstairs in half an hour."

Ava opened her mouth to argue, but found herself alone in her room before she could find the words. She scowled at the door, then at the dress, before turning back to the mirror to admire it. She sighed as she looked over at Baxter who was curled up on her pillow on her bed. "What do you think Bax?" she asked as she held it out for him. "Think I should wear this ridiculous thing?"

When he only responded by letting out a lazy hiss as he opened one eye, she rolled her eyes, knowing he hated being bothered while he slept. "Fine…you're no help. Well…wouldn't hurt to try it on," she said and took a deep breath before sliding herself into the dress.

XXXX

"What the devil is taking her so long?" Dameon asked frustrated as he got up from the couch in the den where everyone was waiting. "It never takes her this long…she's usually the first one ready."

"I'm sure she'll be down in a minute," Hermione assured him, who was sitting on the loveseat with her husband.

"It takes awhile for a girl to get ready, Dameon," Natasha said looking up at her son who had been sitting next to her. "You know that."

"Right," Draco agreed. "I've learn to be patient over the years, son, might as well get use to it. Girls primp and slather on war paint to drive us all mad. Your mum is quite talented at it."

"Naturally," she grinned.

Dameon rolled his eyes. "A.J.'s different…she doesn't fuss with that stuff…and the fact that she's taking longer than Nora…is just not normal."

Nora narrowed her eyes at her. "Was that an insult?"

"No, just an observation."

Nora nodded in approval. "Good. And as for A.J….She's just nervous because I'm making her wear a dress."

"A dress?" both Dameon and Liam asked at the same time.

Liam, who had been sitting on the winged chairs, was now paying attention. "You made her wear a dress?" he asked intrigued and looked up towards the stairs. "Like an actual dress that will show of her legs and…" He cleared his throat and swallowed the rest of his words when Mr. Potter glared at him. "Er…I mean…that's great. She never wears dresses."

Dameon scowled at him as well, before glaring at Nora. "Why on earth did you feel the need to...bloody hell," he blurted out when he glanced up to see Ava standing at the foot of the stairs.

She was in a dress, all right…a brilliant red dress that had very little fabric that left little to the imagination on what exactly was underneath. And her legs…Merlin, they practically went all the way up to her ears. Her hair was pinned up, which he didn't think he would like, but found himself admiring her exposed neck and shoulders and couldn't stop the quick image flash in his mind of him pressing his lips against that enticing, long neck.

"Wow," Liam said as he nudged Dameon aside before going to her. "You look amazing."

Dameon stumbled a bit and glared angrily at the way Liam's hands were traveling up and down her arm. He had to clench his hands in tight fists to keep him from doing something that would cause a scene. Like going over there and ramming his fist down the bastard's throat. He tensed up when he felt someone come beside him, but relaxed when it was only Uncle Harry. "Are you going to let her go out like that?"

Harry sighed as he tried not to notice the wicked gleam in Liam's eyes when he looked at his little girl. "I'd rather stick hot needles in my eye than let her go out like that…but that's just the overprotective dad talking. She looks beautiful." He glared his eyes when he watched them share a quick kiss. "But do me a favor and keep an eye on her tonight. I think you're the only guy I'd be able to trust with her dressed like that."

Dameon gulped. If he only knew. "S-sure, Uncle Harry. It be my pleasure to keep an eye on her…and an even closer eye on Liam."

"Good idea."

"Well," Nora said as she stood up. "Now that we're all here…let's get this night started."

Harry gave Dameon a wink before going over to pull his little girl away from Liam…at least long enough to give her a hug and a kiss. "You look beautiful, pumpkin."

Ava blushed. "Really? I don't look ridiculous?"

"Far from it," he said as he tapped her nose with his finger. "Have fun tonight…and be careful."

"Don't I always?" she asked as she walked with him to the door with the others walking and chatting behind them. "And you have enjoy taking advantage of your last peaceful night with Mum before the bedlam begins."

He chuckled. "We will…love you," he said giving her a kiss on the cheek. His beaming face turned immediately sober when Liam walked passed him. "Liam." That was all he said…he figured the death glare he was giving him was enough.

"Er…Mr. Potter," he stuttered before making a quick escape.

Harry gave a quick roll with his eyes, before giving a quick grin to Dameon as he patted him on the back while he past. "Have fun, kid."

"I'll do my best," he said to him then gave his mum a quick kiss and a hug to his dad. "You two have fun tonight…don't wait up."

Draco grinned. "We won't."

Dameon chuckled as he walked off with just Nora lingering behind him. She gave a kiss and a hug to Natasha and Draco, before turning to her parents. "Have a good time…relax and enjoy the night…and don't worry about us."

"Just be careful, munchkin," Harry said as he ran a hand down her hair. "Don't stay out, too late, okay?"

"We'll try not to," she said with a teasing smile and gave them all little wave over her shoulder as she walked away from them. "Bye."

Harry and Hermione, and Draco and Natasha waved them goodbye at the door until they rounded the corner and out of sight. Then, they looked at each other with knowing smirks before darting back inside and slammed the door shut. Female giggles and male laughter erupted between the four of them as they darted up the first set of stairs to the second floor and rounded the corner to the door leading the stairs to their suites.

Draco made it to the door a second before Harry, but he retaliated by shoving Draco aside and dragged his wife through the door before them. "You Potters always play dirty!" Draco laughed as he and Natasha were just behind him.

"Sore loser," Harry said as he opened the door to their suites while Hermione wiggled her eyebrows at Natasha as she let herself be pulled into the room.

To be continued…

-->