Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Okay here's another one! It's not as long as the last one, but considering how fast I got this new one out, I'm hoping that will make up for it. This is a chapter with three different short scenes so enjoy!!

Chapter 14

"Well, today's the day," Hermione said to her husband as she handed him a freshly poured cup of coffee. "No going back."

"It'll be fine," he assured her before taking his first slip then cursed softly as he scalded his tongue. "Damn, that's hot."

Hermione smirked as she smartly blew into her cup. "Coffee usually is, genius."

"Shut up, Sparky," he said, but couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him as he bent down for a quick kiss. "We should start waking everyone up." He leaned against the counter and bravely took another sip. "We have to be at the stables at ten-thirty."

"What should we do about breakfast?" Hermione asked leaning against the counter across from him.

"Something easy…tell everyone to help themselves to toast or cereal. I think we have some muffins in the pantry as well."

"I smell coffee."

Harry and Hermione turned to see a very tired and disgruntled Draco stumble into the kitchen. "Well good morning, sunshine," Harry teased.

"Bite me," Draco muttered then sighed when Hermione handed him a fresh cup. "You're a marvel, Hermione." He took his first sip then closed his eyes in pleasure. "I now almost feel human."

"Rough night, Malfoy?" Harry asked.

Draco grinned over his cup. "I wouldn't call it, rough…just lack of sleep."

"Really? One would think you'd be more chipper from…lack of sleep."

"What can I say? My woman wore me out."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Ugh…sometimes I think we're way too comfortable around each other."

"Oh, like you and Nat never talk about sex?" Draco asked with an arch brow. "I know how you females operate."

"Well. That's different."

Draco snorted. "Whatever, Granger. I bet you discuss all the juicy details."

"Good morning," Natasha sang as she practically waltzed into the kitchen.

"There…now you see?" Harry pointed a finger at Natasha. "That's how you're suppose to sound from lack of sleep."

Hermione grinned as Draco scowled at Harry, but then turned to her friend who was pouring herself a cup. "What's the verdict?" she asked with a smirk.

Draco had only been partially right. Although they didn't discuss all the juicy details, there was one thing they always asked, which was how many orgasms had they experienced in one night. Sometimes, they'd even have a contest to see who won, like the night the kids had went out before the rest of the family. It had been close, but Hermione had won eight orgasms-which was the world record, thank you very much-to Natasha's seven. After all these years the guys were still clueless about their little game.

Natasha turned her back slightly to the guys and discreetly tapped a finger five times against the side of her cup. "You?" she murmured before taking a sip.

"Got me beat." She drummed four fingers against her cup. "This time."

"You see…right there," Draco pointed an accusing finger at the women. "I don't know what they just did…but I know they just talked about sex with us."

Natasha turned back to her husband with an innocent look. "I don't know what you mean, honey," she said innocently as she reached up for a kiss.

"Distracting me with kisses," he mumbled against her lips. "That's low…even for you."

"I don't see you complaining," she said with a grin as she hooked one arm around his neck.

"Maybe not." He grinned and gave her one last kiss before looking up at Harry and Hermione, who was leaning her back against him while they finished up their coffee. "So what's the plan for this camping trip?"

"We need to be at the stables in a couple of hours," Harry said as he set his now empty cup on the counter. "We should probably wake up our kids here soon so they can start getting the grandkids ready. It takes awhile for this family to get organized."

"That's the truth," Natasha said she reluctantly stepped back from her husband. "We better get started. We have a long day ahead of us."

XXXX

Nora tracked down her dad in the hallway and called out to him just before he could walk into the triplet's room. "Dad…got a second?"

"Not really, but I'll take it," he said as he gratefully turned away from the door. "Your mum had asked me to help Rosie with the triplets…"

"Oh…sorry," she said wincing slightly. "Not an easy task."

"Nope, but…"

"Patrick Malfoy!" Rosie's voice boomed from inside. "Would you stop running around like a lunatic? And put some clothes on this instant!"

Harry grimaced. "Better make it quick."

"I just wanted to let you know I'm going to head out there early. Dallas wants to introduce me to Phoebe."

"Phoebe? Oh…his daughter, right?"

"Yes…Dad, I know you've been cool about Dallas and I…and have managed somewhat to stay out of it, but…does it bug you at all?"

Harry smiled softly as he ran a hand over her hair. "Munchkin…it's always going to bug me when I think of my little girl with a boyfriend."

Nora nervously shifted her stance. "I wouldn't exactly call him my boyfriend…he's more than that."

Harry's eyes widened. "Good grief, Nora…you two didn't go off and get married during your little outing the other day?"

Nora choked out a laugh. "W-what? No, of course not! I would never marry someone without my family being there!"

Harry placed a hand over his shaky heart. "I know…sorry, that was stupid of me to even think that, I just…started to panic a bit."

"I do love him though, Daddy."

"Oh, Merlin." Harry let out an unsteady breath. "Okay…well…hmm." He scooped a hand through his hair. "And…er…does he feel the same way?"

"Yes…he's a good man, Dad. I don't know what exactly will happen with us, but I know I'm going to do everything I can to be with him."

"C'mere," he said softly as he pulled his munchkin into his arms. "Now you've done it…you went and grew up on me."

"I recall telling you that I'll always be your munchkin," she murmured as she rubbed her cheek against his chest.

Harry placed his curved lips against the top of her hair. "You better believe it." He drew her back to look down at her. "I do like him, Nora…granted I haven't spent much time with him, but if he makes you this happy…then that's all that matters."

"Thanks, Dad," she said as she started to tear up. "I'm going to have to reapply my make-up."

"You look beautiful," he said and wiped a tear away. "And if Dallas ever hurts you I will hunt him down and cut off his you know what."

Nora's jaw dropped. "Daddy," she whispered in awe then couldn't help but slip out a giggle. "I'll be sure to warn him."

"You do that." A crash erupted from inside the room, followed by a loud curse from Rosie. "Er…I better go."

Nora laughed. "You better." She leaned up and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Love you."

"Love you, too," he said and watched his little munchkin prance off down the hall. The door suddenly flew open and Rosie filled the doorway…practically fuming. "Uncle Harry! Please remind me why I haven't put those monsters up for adoption yet?"

Harry turned around and placed his hands on her arms. "Because you love them and deep, deep down…they're good boys." He kissed her cheek before scooting around her and stepped into the room. Patrick had managed to put on some underwear…so what if it was on his head? It was progress. Ben and Nate were both fully dressed but were in the middle of wrestling each other on the bed as they chanted back and forth to each other, "Am not!" "Are, too!" "Am not!" "Are too!"

"Deep, deep down," Harry repeated when Rosie stood beside him.

"They have too much Malfoy in them," Rose said as she huffed a strand of hair out of her face.

"Well," Harry said as he calmly pulled out his wand. "Why don't you go and make sure the rest of your more normal kids are ready…I'll take care of them."

"Good luck…and show them no mercy."

Harry grinned wickedly. "I never do."

XXX

While Harry was giving the triplets a run for his money, Ava was standing on the back steps with Baxter draped over her hands. "For the last time, Bax…it's only for one night. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Whyyy can't I come withhh, yooou?"

"Because I'm too afraid I'd lose you, Bax…not to mention you'd probably spook the horses…not intentionally," she added quickly before he could get defensive. "I know you wouldn't mean them harm, but they don't know that. Now please…go on a quick hunt so you won't be hungry…then you'll have the whole house to yourself while we're gone."

Baxter let out a defeating hiss as he uncoiled himself from her hands and slid easily down on the ground. "Be careful," she called out as she watched him slither away in the grass.

When he was out of sight, she plopped down on the steps as she tried not to feel guilty for leaving him. She just couldn't take him with her…not with all of her family and the horses. Not to mention she'd have a heart attack at every sight or sound of a hawk or eagle near by. As much as she would love to take him, she had to keep him behind so she wouldn't spend the whole time worrying.

"Why the long face?"

Ava turned and looked up to see Dameon looming over her. "Baxter's mad at me because I'm leaving him behind."

"Ah." Dameon walked down and sat next to her. "Where is he now?"

"Hunting. He needs to feed before we leave or else he'll be hungry."

Dameon chuckled when he noticed her pouty lips and playfully nudged her with his shoulder. "Lighten up, A.J. He'll get over it. It's not like he'll never forgive you…Bax loves you."

"I know…I'm just going to miss him, too. I don't think I've gone a night without him." She glanced over at him. "Is that weird?"

"No," he assured her and put a friendly arm around her shoulders. "He's your baby. I feel the same way about Maddie."

"Maddie?" Ava asked as she tried hard not to lean into his warmth. "Who's Maddie?"

"My dog…oh, right…you wouldn't know about her. I got her almost right after I graduated Hogwarts. She's a golden retriever."

"I didn't know you liked dogs."

He took a moment to look at her…really look at her. She didn't have an ounce of make-up on her face; her hair was messily pulled back into a tail and for him? It was how he liked her best. "I imagine there's a lot you don't know about me, Ava."

He was looking at her again…that way that made her heart start to race and her throat close up. He hadn't looked at her that way since the day on the trail. "Maybe you can tell me more sometime."

When he saw her eyes flicker to his mouth he almost wanted to give in…to lean his head slightly towards her until their lips finally met. "Maybe," he murmured and then leaned back…away from her….away from temptation. "Looks like Baxter's back."

"What?" she said slightly dazed. "Oh." Flustered, she got up from the steps and scooped up Baxter and saw by the large lump in the middle of his body…Baxter's hunting trip was successful.

"Wow," Dameon said as he ran a hand over the lump. "That must have been one big mouse."

"Could have been a rat…I'd like to think it was a rat. They aren't as cute as mice."

Dameon chuckled in amusement. "You slay me, A.J. Well," he said as he reached over and tugged at her tail. "I better go finish packing. I'll see you in a bit."

"Yeah," she said and sighed as he left. "Baxter…if that oblivious obnoxious prick doesn't kiss me soon…I think I might die."

"Yooou cooould kissss hiiiim," Baxter hissed in her ear.

She giggled and pulled him away from her ear. "Cut that out…you know I hate it when you tickle my ear like that. And you're crazy…I can't kiss him…he's suppose to make the first move."

"Isss thisss a ruuule fooor youuuu huuuumansss?"

"Well. No…not exactly, it's just…assumed." She rolled her eyes. "And I can't believe I'm standing here talking about my love life with my pet snake. This conversation is over…let's go."

"Ssscaaared," Baxter teased, tickling her ear again.

She laughed as she pulled him away. "I am not…now be quiet before I let Nora change you into her famous snakeskin boots."

Baxer smartly slurped his tongue back in.

-->