Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Okay, here's another chapter…and it IS short, but I hope to have the next chapter up soon. Enjoy this little snippet though and I'll post the next one soon. I'm ready for this to be over…and since my reviews have dwindled I'm sure most of you are ready, too. Luckily I'll have my new one up soon! Thanks guys!

~HM

Chapter 21

"How are the nerves?"

Ava looked at her sister through the mirror. "Still alive and jumping."

Nora smiled as she stood behind her little sister, finishing up on last minute touches on her hair. "That's good…it's okay to be nervous."

"It's a good kind," she said as she placed a hand on her tummy. "Do you think he's just as nervous?"

"Oh yeah," she said with a grin as she soothed back her hair and let it tumble around her shoulders. "I bet he's wracked with nerves."

Ava bit her lip. "He's been with other girls before."

Nora placed her hand firmly on her shoulders. "But he hasn't been with you," she pointed out. "And that makes a huge difference."

Ava let out a shaky breath. "I just don't want to disappoint him, Nora."

"You won't," she said and gave her shoulders a squeeze. "He loves you, A.J."

"You don't know that," she said shaking her head. "He hasn't told me yet."

"That doesn't matter, anyone can tell he loves you just by the way he looks at you."

"Okay, let's stop talking about it," she said as she felt her heart turn painfully in her chest. "It's just making me more nervous."

Nora nodded. "Let's get your make-up done then."

"Not too much," Ava said warily. "Like you did the other night."

"Relax, I'm a professional."

Ava sighed as she closed her eyes as Nora started putting gunk on her face. "You wouldn't happen to have any idea on where he's taking me?"

Nora smirked. "Maybe."

Ava peaked one eye open. "Give me a hint."

"Nope…keep your eyes close."

"Fine," she grumbled as she did as she was told. Maybe it was better that way, she thought as she stood still while Nora slicked up her lips with color. She always did love a good surprise.

XXXX

Harry and Hermione lingered in the doorway as they watched their daughter walk off hand in hand with Dameon Malfoy. Hermione sighed happily as she watched Dameon kiss her hand as they disappeared around the bend. "They're sweet together," Hermione said smiling up at Harry, but then rolled her eyes at the scowl on his face. "Honestly, Harry…you need to get over it."

Harry crossed his arms over his chest. "I know," he muttered grumpily. "Ava's all grown up and I'll to have to deal with it. I don't have to like it, though."

"At least she's not going off with Liam," Hermione pointed out.

"There is that," Harry admitted as he snaked an arm around her. "Dameon's a good kid…I know that, Hermione." He turned in her arms and frowned slightly as he placed his forehead against hers. "But I've also been a twenty-year old boy with hormones and I know exactly what he wants to do with our little girl."

Hermione chuckled and framed his face. "And I've been a curious nineteen year old girl and I know exactly what our little girl wants to do with him."

Harry let out a long, whiny moan. "Was it really necessary to go there?"

She let out a laugh and planted a loud, smacking kiss on his mouth. "No, but I couldn't resist. C'mon, let's go inside…I'll pour us both a very large glass of wine."

Harry sighed as he let her lead him inside and closed the door behind them. "Where's Nora?"

"She's off spending the evening with Dallas and Phoebe at his cabin," she said as went to the bar small wet bar just off to the side of the kitchen. "She won't be back till late tonight."

Harry leaned against the marbled bar on the other side while Hermione pulled out a bottle of red. With a quick flick of her wand the foil uncoiled and the cork popped open into the air and Harry easily snatched it up before it dropped. "And Natasha and Draco?" he asked as he started to twirl the cork aimlessly on the bar.

She pulled out two glasses and started to pour. "They went out to dinner…Draco reserved a private room for them down at the dinning hall."

Harry's hand paused on the cork and snapped his head up. "Are you telling me we're alone?" he asked as he ignored Hermione's outstretched hand that held his glass of wine.

"Yeah, we're alone," she said casually and then nudged the glass. "Are you going to take this or not?"

"Screw the wine," he said as he grabbed the glass and hers and messily set it aside.

"Hey, you're spilling it everywhere," she said slightly annoyed as she went to grab a rag but yelped when Harry was suddenly behind her, dragging her out of the bar. "Harry! Have you gone mad?"

"We're alone and you're just now telling me?" he asked annoyed as he plucked her off the floor and swung her over his shoulder. "We've already wasted valuable naked time."

Hermione balked as he started carrying her up the stairs. "Harry James Potter, you put me down this instant!"

Harry paused in the middle of the stairs. "Here?" he asked and then shrugged her off until she was wrapped around his waist and pressed her against the wall. "Okay."

Hermione choked out a laugh when he nuzzled her neck. "Harry, that's not what I meant." Her eyes fluttered closed when his hands easily snuck under her blouse while he ran open mouth kisses along her neck. "Oh, god."

Harry grinned triumphantly as he began eagerly tugging at her blouse and yanked it over her head before attacking her mouth with his. "Still want that wine?" he rasped as his hands disappeared under her skirt.

"No," she moaned when his hands nudged down her knickers. "I want you."

"Sparky," he murmured as her fingers worked at the fly of his jeans then groaned as he slid deep inside her in one smooth thrust. "You have me."

XXX

"Okay, close your eyes," Dameon said as he stopped in the middle of the narrow path they were on and swooped himself in front of her.

Ava gave him a look. "You're not serious."

He grinned. "Aww, come now, luv…don't you trust me?"

"Not when you're looking at me like that," she grumbled but then sighed in defeat when he just kept on grinning. "Oh, all right."

"That's my girl," he said when her eyes closed and took a step into her for a sweet, lingering kiss. "Keep them close," he murmured against her lips before pulling away.

"They're closed, they're closed," she said as she reached for him. "Now get back here."

He chuckled as he let her pull him back for another kiss, this time taking the kiss deeper. "Mmm, no…don't distract me," he said and made himself pull away. "They'll be plenty of time for all that."

With her eyes still closed, Ava blushed. "Okay."

Dameon smiled as he took her hand. "This way."

Ava slowly shuffled her feet as she let Dameon lead her down the path then winced when she felt the path turn from pavement to pebble. "Uh-oh…not good for the heels. I have a difficult enough time walking in these things on a smooth surface."

"Don't worry," he laughed and slinked an arm around her. "I won't let Grace fall."

Ava smiled and held onto him tightly. She didn't mind the nickname so much now. "She appreciates it."

Dameon stopped and gave her a gentle squeeze. "Okay, we're here….you can open your eyes."

Ava slowly peeked one eye open, then both of them and blinked up at the small tidy yellow cottage surrounded by a sea of flowers. "Dameon…where are we? Is this one of the upscale cabins?"

Dameon grinned. "I have strong ties with the manager of this place," he teased and then led her onto the stoop. "Dallas said the guests moved out yesterday…no one's assigned to move in for another few days."

"It's beautiful," she murmured and then walked in as soon as he opened the door for her and immediately saw the romantic table set for two. "Oh, Dameon."

The table was set right next to a window that had a spectacular view of the snowcapped mountains. Two long white slim candles speared up in the middle between two plates covered in a silver dome. Dameon walked over to the table and reached for the single red Gerber Daisy that was perched in a crystal vase and held it out to her.

"I know roses are more romantic," he said as she shyly took it from him. "But I've always liked these…and they remind me of you."

"Really?" she asked as she twirled the flower under her nose. "Why's that?"

Dameon reached up and rubbed the back of his knuckles along her soft cheek. "Because they stand out to me…just like you do. You've always been right there in the front of my mind…whether I wanted you there or not."

Ava's eyes softened as she felt her heart trip stupidly in her chest. "Dameon, I'm not one to get all mushy, but you can definitely change that." She leaned up on her toes and let her lips slowly absorb his. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," he murmured against her lips, nipping and teasing. "You hungry?"

"Famished," she said with a grin as they pulled a part. "Are you going to tell me you cooked?"

"Nope," he said with a laugh. "Not this time at least. Once again Dallas hooked me up and the kitchen whipped us up something. I also have some champagne if you'd like some."

"Sure…that would be great."

"Have a seat," he said as he moved over to the table and pulled out her chair then lifted the bottle that was perched in the silver tub. "It's the same brand we had the other night at the bar."

"Good, I liked it," she said laughed when the pop corked. "A lot."

"I recall you had a few glasses," he said with a smirk as he poured her glass, then his own.

"True," she said and then smiled as they clinked their glasses together before taking a sip. As he sat down across from her she glanced out the window and sighed dreamily at the mountains. "It's such a beautiful view."

"Yes it is."

Ava turned and blushed when she realized he had been looking at her and not the mountains. "Smooth talker."

"Just wait," he said with a grin as he took a sip of his champagne.

Since she felt her cheeks flush again she looked back outside but her eyes didn't travel out as far and glanced at the patio. "Hey…there's a hot tub out here like ours."

"Yeah." Dameon set down his glass and leaned forward on the table. "I thought maybe we'd use it later tonight."

"Oh, but I didn't pack my swim-"

She trailed off when Dameon gave her a slow, mischievous grin. "Oh."

She dragged out the single word in three long syllables causing him to let out a throaty laugh then reached over and lifted her silver lid. "Bon appétit, my little minx."

XXX

Like I said…short, but I wanted the next chapter to be ALL Dameon and Ava. So look forward to the next one here soon!

-->