Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Okay, this chapter is a little short but I wanted to go ahead and post it. The next one will be a longer, though…promise! Enjoy!


~HM

Chapter 19

Dameon had woken just before dawn and slowly woke Ava up with soft, lazy kisses. "We need to get up," he murmured when he first felt her start to stir. "Everyone will be waking up in a few hours."

She sighed as she stretched against him. "We fell asleep," she murmured as she snuggled closer to him.

"Yes, and we need to get up before we fall asleep again." He let out a chuckle when she only clung to him. "That's not helping, Ava."

"Okay, okay," she finally said as she let him shift himself away from her then took his outstretched hand he offered and pulled her up. "I'll see you out in a few."

"Try to get some more sleep," he said and leaned down to give her a quick peck, but lingered instead as he pulled her against him and sunk himself into a deep, satisfying kiss.

Just as she felt him about to pull her back down on the couch, she maneuvered away from him before he could manage it. "Uh-uh…that's not a good idea."

He sighed. "Right," he said and then took a step away from her. "You better get back to bed…before I change my mind."

"Okay," she said and gave him a little wave before fleeing to the girl's bedroom and quietly snuck back into bed.

"And where have you been?" Nora asked, who was sleeping in the bed next to Ava's.

"Shh," Ava said urgently as she bit back a smile. "I just got up to go to the bathroom, Nora."

"Sure you did," she said with an evil grin.

"Shut up," Ava murmured and rolled her back to her and fell back asleep with a smile on her face.

XXXXXX

After a quick breakfast, everyone saddled back up to head back to the resort. Dallas kept the pace nice and slow, hoping to avoid any catastrophes, so they didn't arrive back at the stables until noon.

Everyone parked their horses inside the stables before finally dismounting and giving the horses a few hugs and pats before filing out of the stables. Dallas knew he and his crew had their work cut out for them and motioned them to get started on the unsaddling while he went out to say goodbye to Nora and the family.

"Hey," he said softly as he walked up to Nora who was standing with Phoebe. "Would you mind dropping Phoebe off at my cabin? She can show you where it is…I'm going to be awhile taking care of the horses."

"Sure, I can do that," she said as she took Phoebe's hand. "Want me to come back and help?"

"I think we got it," he assured her and reached over to touch her cheek softly. "But I'd like to see you again…soon."

"Okay," she said smiling softly. "I'd like that."

Dallas gave her a wink before kneeling down to Phoebe. "You were a big help this weekend, princess…I'm glad you came."

She grinned. "Me, too."


"Nora's going to take you home, so you need to show her the way, okay?"

She nodded. "Sure, Daddy."

"Manny will be there waiting for you." He leaned in and gave her a kiss. "I'll be home shortly."

"Okay," she said and gave him a wave as Nora led her off. "Bye, Daddy!"

He waved them goodbye and watched them walk off as Harry walked towards them. Harry paused to talk to Nora and then reached down and scooped up Phoebe in a big hug causing her let out a happy squeal. He plopped her back down and gave her head a little nuzzle before making his way over to him. "Dallas."

"Mr. Potter," he said with a smile. "I'm guessing you want that talk now."

He nodded. "If you have the time."

"Sure…let's go to my office."

Dallas led him back towards the barn then gestured to the red painted door just inside on his right. "Go ahead and have a seat…I'll be right back. I just need to talk to my crew real quick."

"Take your time," he assured him before stepping inside his office and immediately began to observe the room.

It was small, but still roomy enough to get things done. A desk was stationed in the center of the room, with piles of parchment stacked randomly on the surface, and a small oil lamp was perched on the left corner.

Harry was more drawn towards the pictures that were scattered along the walls. He was a bit surprised that most of them were muggle photos. Nora had told him that he was muggle born, but it was still rare for a wizard to have so much more muggle photos than wizard.

There was a beautiful black and white photo of an infant baby he assumed was Phoebe, sleeping soundly on her stomach, surrounded by a soft cotton blanket. Another photo of a slightly older Phoebe adorned the wall with her dressed in an adorable pink ruffled swimsuit standing in the surf. Her pudgy little arms were up over her head, gripping her Daddy's hands with a look of sheer joy on her face.

"Her first trip to the beach."

Harry turned to see Dallas standing slightly behind him looking fondly at the photo. "It's a great picture." He turned back to the picture. "It really captures her excitement. You can almost hear her laughing."

"Yeah…I've always preferred muggle photos. I like capturing certain moments rather than watching it like a repetitive movie. I do have some wizard photos…like this one of Phoebe taking her first steps." He smiled as they both watched Phoebe wobbling on her two legs as she took one step, then another…and another, before finally plopping backwards on her butt. "That I can watch over and over and not get bored."

"I have one like that of Ava," he said with a smile. "Hermione and I were lucky enough to have the camera near by." He then gestured to another muggle photo. "Is that your family?"

Dallas gave an affirming nod as he smiled fondly at the picture. They were all bundled together outside in his parent's backyard with white flurries floating around them. "Yes…that was taken just last February. My mom had called me and told me it was snowing in Dallas…she was about to combust she was so excited. Snow in Dallas doesn't happen often, so it's a big deal when it does. Luckily, it was one of my days off so I apparated Phoebe and I to Dallas. It didn't matter that we had three feet of snow here and left to go play in a measly three inches there. It was a big deal for my family and I wanted Phoebe and I to be a part of it."

Harry could relate and liked the fact that Dallas came from a good family he obviously loved and cared for. "It looks like it was a fun day. Are all those your brother and sisters?"

"Some of them," he said with a laugh. "That's my older brother Emmet with his wife Shannon…and those two rascals on their backs are their kids, Mellissa and David. Then my older sister Whitney with her husband Phillip. You can't really tell since she's bundled up, but she's pregnant there…the baby was born in April…a little boy named Jackson."

"And who's this?" Harry asked pointing to the young girl with two long blonde pigtails peaking out of a bright red ski cap.

"My baby sister, Paige," Dallas said with a grin. "She's the only other one in my family that's a wizard. She's starting her last year at school in Salem."

"She's a cute girl," he said and then grinned at Dallas. "I'd do my best to keep her away from Jacob as long as you can. He'd definitely go for her."

Dallas frowned. "I'll remember that."

Harry just laughed. "Well, you've got quite a family, Dallas."

"Thanks." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "After long consideration I decided to keep them."

"I see," he said with a slight smile and turned his attention away from the photos to Dallas. "And you want Nora to be a part of that family?"

"More than anything," he blurted out, then took in a shaky breath when he realized what he just said. "I think I need to sit down."

Harry watched with slight amusement as Dallas circled around his desk and sunk into his chair. "Just realized it, huh?" Harry asked as he sat in one of the two chairs facing Dallas on the other side of the desk.

Dallas nodded slowly. "Yeah…just sort of hit me. Is it normal to feel this jittery?"

"Extremely," he stated truthfully. "If you didn't…I'd be worried."

"I do love her, Mr. Potter."

"Harry," he corrected after a moment. "And I know you do. I can see it…but I have to be a bit concerned Dallas. You've only known her a few weeks."

"I know," he said letting out a sarcastic laugh. "Believe me… I know. I shouldn't be having these feelings. It's crazy, Mr…er…Harry. This time last month I didn't know she existed-now, I can't imagine my life without her."

"I guess when you know, you know," he said soothingly since the boy looked ready to pass out with nerves. "You obviously know what you want and that's Nora."

"Yes," Dallas sighed as he rubbed his aching heart at the thought of her. "I want, Nora…I want her in my life…in Phoebe's life. I want her to meet my family…become my family. And knowing that-I've never been so scared in my life."

Harry gave a slow nod of approval. "Good…that means what you're feeling for my daughter are real." Harry leaned back in his chair and propped his right ankle on his left knee. "I like you, Dallas…and I truly believe you're good for Nora. I watched you closely this weekend and I can tell that you're not only right for Nora…but you're right for this family. And you should know, that's the best compliment I can give you, because nothing is more important to me than my family."

Flabbergasted, Dallas let out a slow, unsteady breath. "Wow…I don't know what to say to that, Harry…thank you. Coming from a family as strong as ours I know what you mean…and I know Nora will fit in wonderfully with mine as well."

"That's good to hear and I can't wait to meet them as well…we'll have to plan something soon."


"I'd like that."

"For now, though, I'd like you and Phoebe to join us for dinner tomorrow night. The rest of the family will be gone so it won't be that crazy."

"I would love to…really I would, but…I don't know…"

"Yes, yes, that stupid rule," Harry muttered and waved it off. "Don't worry about it, I'll talk to the owner of the resort…Mr. Hamilton?" he asked when he couldn't quite remember.

"That's right," he said with a nod. "He's owned the place for a few years."

Harry noticed the edge in his voice and smiled. "You don't like him."

"It's not that," he corrected quickly and then lifted a shoulder. "I just don't understand him. He's fair enough, but it's obvious his hearts not into this place. He's in it more for the money and never gets directly involved much. There are so many ideas I have for this place…ideas that could make it even better, and I've tried to share it with him…but he's not interested or always has some sort of excuse. In my opinion…he's too lazy to take this resort to the next level."

"I see," he said as Harry felt his mind start to jumble around with his own ideas. "Well…I'll talk to him, let him know I'd like to invite you to dinner as a thank you for what you did for us this weekend."

"All right. Phoebe and I will be there."

"Good." He got up on his feet and Dallas quickly followed as Harry held out his hand. "It was a good talk, Dallas."

"Thanks," he said clasping hands over his desk. "I'm glad we got to talk…I had been dreading it to be honest."

Harry lifted an amused brow. "Really? Well, there's no need…I'm not as scary as people think."

Dallas grinned. "Only scary when you want to be then?"

Harry laughed. "Exactly. Well." He gave his hand another solid pump before letting go. "I'll see you and Phoebe tomorrow night."

"She'll be thrilled…she already adores you."

"Feelings mutual," Harry assured him with a smile and then waved as he headed out.

He quickly picked up his pace as he headed home anxious to talk to Hermione about what he wanted to do. He had some ideas whirling in his head…ideas that could possibly change Dallas' life for the better…that is if he was brave enough to accept it.

-->