Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unwanted Love by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unwanted Love

Harrys Mistress

Hellooo my faithful readers! Here's an update for ya! Enjoy and I will have the next one up probably this weekend! I hope

~HM

Chapter 16

The two hour trail ride went surprisingly well considering all the horrible things that could go wrong when you put over thirty horses together at one time. The only minor thing that happened was when a rabbit rustled in the grass and startled Patrick's horse. His horse did a quick stutter step to the side, but Patrick had actually managed to stay on the horse.

"Well look at that," Dallas said when he noticed the panic look on Patrick's face. "You kept your cool and stayed on the horse…now you're a true cowboy."

Patrick gave a wobbly smile and then turned around in his saddle. "Did you see that, Mum? I stayed in the saddle!"

Rosie, who was white in the face, gave him an encouraging smile. "Yes sweetie…I saw…good job."

Scorpius reached over and rubbed her back. "He's okay," he reassured her.

She nodded but blew out a breath. "Scared ten years off my life."

"Same," he agreed then leaned over to give her a kiss.

Phoebe, who always spoke her mind no matter what, gave Patrick a nod of approval. "That was impressive…for a city slicker."

She trotted off before he could respond and was mortified when he felt his cheeks start to burn. "Someooone has a giiirlfriend," Ben chanted to his brother.

"I do not!" Patrick exclaimed, horrified at the thought. "She's just a stupid girl."

He just snickered and then Nate started singing, "Phoebe and Patrick sitting in a tree…"

"Shut up, Nate, or I'll pound you as soon as we get there!" he threatened.

"Knock it of you three!" Scorpius warned when he overheard a sense of hostility between the boys.

Ben and Nate chuckled while Patrick scowled in annoyance the rest of the way there.

It was just past noon when they caravan finally arrived and left their horses in a nearby field by the campsite to be tended to. Dallas instructed them to follow the trail through the woods, which led directly to the campsite where the tents were up and ready for them.

Lunch was already getting started by the lake so everyone rushed inside the tents to quickly change into their swimsuits. The tent for the kids, were divided up into two rooms, one side for the girls and the other for the boys. The beds weren't exactly roomy but it would do for just one night of camping.

The rest of the girls had already changed and were outside while Nora and Ava lingered in the room. Nora couldn't decide which swimsuit to drive Dallas crazy while Ava was gearing up the courage to ask Nora for help.

"What do you think?" Nora asked holding up the green and blue bikini.

Ava rolled her eyes. "Does it matter? You've already snagged him…he'll drool no matter what color you wear."

Nora grinned. "That's comforting…thanks, A.J."

"Glad I could help," she muttered.

Noticing the tone, she turned her attention to her sister. "Okay, it seems like later is right now." She walked over and sat on the bed next to her sister. "What's wrong?"

Ava sighed and looked pitifully up at her. "I like Dameon."

Nora just nodded. "Yeah, okay. So?"

Ava blinked. "Did you not hear me? I said I liked Dameon. Dameon. The guy I always sworn to hate until my last dying breath!"

Nora rolled her eyes. "You were always dramatic when it came to your hatred for him. But A.J…I've always known how you've felt about him. I'm just glad you finally realized it."

Ava let out an uneasy laugh. "You're talking like I've always liked him…I just started thinking about him this way."

"That's a lie," Nora said with a shake of her head. "Think about it, A.J…I know he has a high talent for making you angry, but you've always felt this way about him."

Ava wanted to argue…to defend herself, but deep down she knew Nora was right. Ever since she first started to notice boys, it was Dameon she had noticed. It had made her angry…furious, even. So what did she do? She threw all her focus to other guys…idiot guys like Liam Kelson. "Okay, fine," she finally admitted. "I've always had the hots for my childhood nemesis. Happy?"

"Ecstatic," she said calmly then laughed at the look on her face. "Don't look so grim, A.J. This is a good thing."

"It doesn't feel very good," she admitted as she put a hand on her shaky stomach.

"Sometimes it's not supposed to feel good." She reached over and patted her knee. "So now that you've admitted you want to jump Dameon's bones…"

"Jeez, Nora…"

"We'll have to find a way to get Dameon to admit he wants to jump your bones right back."

Ava tried hard not to blush. "How do you know he even wants to?"

"Because I've seen the way he looks at you." She wiggled her brows. "Now, please tell me you packed your red bikini."

She nodded. "I packed it."

"Good…that's his favorite."

Ava's jaw dropped. "How do you know?"

"I'll repeat myself. Because I've seen the way he looks at you…when you're in you're red bikini."

Ava felt her heart flutter. "Really? How exactly does he look at me?"

"He looks at you as if he's going to crush you against him and snog the life out of you."

"Seriously?" Ava whispered in awe and felt her body tremble at the thought of Dameon doing just that.

"Seriously," she repeated. "Now, go put it on."

"What about make-up?" Ava asked. "Would you help me with that like you did the other night when we went out?"

Nora sighed. "I can't believe I'm saying this…but, no."

Ava's jaw dropped. "But…but, why not? You are always pushing me to wear…."

"You don't need it," she interrupted with a shake of her head. "The make-up is fine once in awhile, but in the end? You don't need it. You have a beautiful naturally look about you, A.J….and I bet Dameon likes you best when you're all stripped down. Not literally," she added with a laugh when Ava's eyes went wide. "Although I'm sure he wouldn't mind that either…but I meant stripped down as in no make-up, hair pulled back with a simple pair of jeans or shorts. Just be yourself, sweetie."

"I see. Well…being myself is what I do best," Ava said with a smile.

A knock on the door erupted and they looked up to see Rosie and Mia stroll in. "We were sent to see what's keeping you two," Rosie said as she went over and plopped herself down next to Nora.

"Everyone is already out eating or swimming in the lake," Mia said as she sat next to Ava.

"I'm giving Ava a pep talk," Nora said. "She has just realized how she feels about Dameon so she was just about to wear her sexy red bikini to entice him."

"Bikini's work wonders," Rosie said, sharing a grin with Mia. "That's how we snagged our men."

"Well…to give them a boost anyway," Mia added with a chuckle.

Ava shook her head clear. "Wait a minute…you two aren't acting very surprise either. Am I wearing a sign that screams, I want Dameon Malfoy?"

"Pretty much," Rosie said casually. "But don't worry…Dameon is wearing the same sign. The only difference is neither of you have been able to read them."

Mia grinned. "Until now."

"You guys are starting to make me nervous," Ava said and got up to change. "I don't even know what to do about the other girl."

"What other girl?" all three girls said in unison.

Ava rummaged through her bag until she found her bikini. "I asked him earlier if there was a special girl in his life…kind of flirting and expected him to say no. Well…he didn't."

"Ever think that maybe the special girl in his life is you?" Mia asked with an arched brow. "And he's just pulling your leg?"

"It would be exactly like him," Rosie said after pondering.

Ava snorted. "Why would he…." She trailed off when it dawned on her. "It would be exactly like him. That sneaky little bastard." She let out a little annoying huff. "Well…two can play at this game. It's time to slip in this little red bikini and show him exactly what I'm made of."

"Go get `em girl," Rose said standing up. "My money's on you. Let's go, Mia…I better check on the triplets and make sure they haven't drowned or anything."

Mia stood up to follow. "We should probably keep an eye on Michelle and Kristin, too. Last I saw they were flirting with one of the lifeguards by the lake."

"They are just getting into the `liking boys' stage," Rosie said as they gave one last wave before closing the door. "Scorpius isn't liking it…he still sees Kristin as a little girl with pigtails."

"Albus is just as bad," Mia said as they walked out of the tent. "Just the other day I was telling him how I think Michelle is starting to like their friend Josh. He nearly had a heart attack."

Rose rolled her eyes. "Men…they are completely hopeless."

"But thank Merlin for them," Mia added when he saw her husband by the lake taking his shirt off.

Rose's eyes were immediately drawn to Scorpius who was standing waist deep in the water, wet and shirtless. "You can say that again."

XXXX

When Dameon looked up from his food and first spotted Ava…he choked on his hotdog. So hard in fact, that Jacob started to pound hard on his back multiple times until his back began to sting. "Okay, okay," Dameon coughed as he shrugged his back away from Jacob's hand. "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine," Jacob said and for good measure, he gave him one more slap. "I was afraid you were going to start turning green. Anyway, as I was saying before you started hacking…that brunette witch I met the other day turns out to be a lifeguard. It was her day off that day at the pool. She's over there by the lake and…

Dameon only half listened as he coughed a few more times before rinsing his aching throat with water. Over the rim of his glass he watched her stroll towards the lake dressed in a pair of short denim shorts with no shirt, which revealed the red bikini he loved so much.

He nearly groaned when Ava slowly wiggled her shorts over her hips then down her hips. Merlin, the things he wanted to do to her.

"Dameon, are you even listening?"

"Hmm?" He looked away from Ava and over at Jacob. "Sorry, what?"

"I was talking about how my hot little witch is a lifeguard," he said nudging his head over to her.

"Oh. Really?" He looked over to where Jacob gestured to see the pretty witch perched up on a high rock watching over everyone in the lake. "How `bout that? I still think she's out of your league."

"Whatever."

"You're not going to make pretend to drown just to so she can give you mouth to mouth are you?"

"What do you take me for…an amateur?" Jacob balked, clearly insulted.

"I take you for a lot of things, Jake," Dameon teased with a grin. "So how are you going to make your move? There is a rule against guest and employee relationships, you know."

"A rule that seems to be ignored," Jacob stated as he nudged his head over to Nora who was sitting rather close to Dallas at the other end of the table.

"Good point," Dameon said but then shook his head. "But they're different. It's clear they're going past a summer fling. Just don't do anything stupid…like get her fired."

"Relax, D…I want to snog her…not marry her." Jacob got to his feet. "So if you'll excuse me."

"You know…one of these days…you'll meet a girl that will knock you on your ass so hard all that Potter charm will fly right out of you."

"If I'm lucky," he agreed. "But until then…no reason I can't have a little fun."

Dameon laughed. "I guess not."

"As for you? Do yourself a favor and go talk to A.J. instead of drooling at her like an idiot."

Dameon scowled. "Sometimes? I really hate how observant you are."

Jacob barked out a laugh. "Dude…you choked on a hot dog as soon as you saw her. Can't get more observant than that."

"And I wasn't drooling," Dameon grumbled as Jacob strutted away. "Exactly," he added quietly to himself as his eyes traveled to Ava. She was standing knee deep in the lake talking with Jacob's little sister, Hannah. He had to make his move…and fast. He didn't think he could take it anymore and in his opinion…he waited long enough.

Tonight, he thought with a slight nod as he got up to clear his plate. He'd find a way to get her alone and…hell he didn't even know what he was going to do or say. Just thinking about it made him nervous. Would he just straight up and kiss her? Or would he talk about it first?

Dameon shook his head clear as he made his way to the edge of the lake. He would worry about it later and just let it come naturally.

"Hey Dameon!" A herd of kids ran by him but Blake, Hugo and Braiden's oldest, slowed down to catch his attention. "One of the lifeguards just set up the rope swing…come on! " He motioned for him to hurry. "Bet you five Sickles you can't do a black flip off it."

Dameon looked over to the big rock to see Jacob's lifeguard holding a long rope while everyone started to form a line. He then looked back over at Ava who was now staring back at him. Later, he thought to himself again and made himself turn his attention back to Blake. "You're on, sucker," he said as he tore off his shirt and followed him to the swing.

XXX

It was rather difficult to catch a guy's attention when the guy would barely give her the time of day. She would be the first to admit that she wasn't the best at flirting…it just didn't come natural to her. However, she couldn't be that all unpleasant looking and one would think she'd get something out of a guy when she walked past him half naked and soaking wet. But nope…not Dameon. He barely even glanced at her.

It was getting beyond ridiculous, she thought as she got up from her towel to walk back in the water. She was sick and tired of trying so hard. It just wasn't worth it. She was now officially done with trying to get Dameon Malfoy's attention. If he wanted her then he'd have to come get her. She gave him more than enough signs, so either he's noticed those signs and isn't interested or he's an idiot and hadn't noticed a thing. Hopefully, it was the last option.

She walked into the water, carefully avoiding her family splashing around her, and when she was waist deep she dove under the surface. She lingered in the water for a bit and tried to ignore the fact that Dameon was also in the water nearby. He was passing an American football back in forth with Dallas and Jacob. She refused to look over there, but could have sworn she felt his eyes on her now and again.

After one last dunk into the water she started to make her way out of the lake and just as she was about waist deep a voice shouted out to her. "Heads up!"

Ava shrieked and jolted when the football landed inches from her, causing water to splash up in her face. She wiped the water out of her face then she scowled over to them to see Dallas and Jacob pointing an accusing finger at Dameon.

"It slipped," he said simply as he gave an innocent shrug.

"Yeah, sure it did," she said with a shake of her head then picked up the football.

"Right here, A.J.," Dallas said holding up his hands.

Ava didn't know exactly how to throw it, but gripped it as best as she could and flung it over to him. Dallas caught it; then let out a long whistle. "Nice spiral, A.J."

"I have no idea what that means," she laughed as she started to walk back to the shore. "But thanks!"

As she walked out of the lake, one of the lifeguards was there to greet her with a towel. "Oh, thanks," she said as she accepted the towel from him. He was the lifeguard that Michelle and Kristin had been flirting with all day and now that she got a good look at him, she guessed she didn't blame them. He was rather cute.

"Anytime," he said with a wide smile. "Dallas was right…it was a nice spiral."

"Thanks," she said with a laugh. "You follow this…American football?"

"Most Americans do…wizard or muggle." He held out his hand. "My name is Kurt. You're A.J. right?"

"Yes." She accepted his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Kurt."

"You have quite a family," he said as he casted his eyes around him. "Does it ever get tiring having such a big family."

"Not at all," she said as she looked around as well with a fond smile. "I couldn't imagine life without them. I hope we're not giving you a hard time."

"Not at all," he said quickly as he shook his head. "This has been great…much better than the pool. You're family has been entertaining to watch."

She laughed as she flung back her hair since it was getting in her way. "I bet. Well, it's comforting having you guys around just in case something happens."

"I'm glad to do it," he said and gave her a wink. "Anytime I can do you service with a little mouth to mouth resuscitation you just let me know."

Oh brother, she thought as she barely resisted rolling her eyes. He was one of those guys. "I'll…keep that in mind, Kurt," she said politely as she began to back away. "It was nice to meet you."

Once she turned her back on him, she did roll her eyes but couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her. He was harmless and a bit young for her so overall it was rather flattering. It was good to know that someone appreciated her and…

A hand gripped her arm suddenly and found her being swung quickly around. "Hey! What the bloody hell?"

"What the hell was that?"

Ava blinked up at Dameon, who looked like he was ready to kill someone. "I beg your pardon?"

"Don't look up at me with those innocent eyes," he said as he took a step closer to her. "You were flirting shamelessly with that guy in front of everyone."

"I…I was not," she sputtered as she flung her arm away from his grip. "He was flirting with me…there's a difference. And even if I was flirting with him it wouldn't be any of your business."

By this time, everyone around them began to stop what they were doing and turned their attention to the pair of them. Even the staff was having a difficult time turning away and minding their own business.

"It bloody well is my business when you spend most of the day flaunting yourself to me," he snapped back as he now practically towered over her.

"Oh, so you did notice?" she asked sarcastically. "Turns out you're not stupid at all…you're just not interested."

"Hold on," he said firmly before she could go. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how you've been treating me like your little buddy for the last few days!" She flared her arms angrily up at him. "And I'm sick of it! It's been driving me crazy!"

"Ava," he said in a warning tone.

"Then I have a harmless talk with another guy and you go off the handle on me as if I acted like some hussy!"

"I never said you acted like a hussy and I sure as hell never said…"

"Just save it, Malfoy." She held up a hand to take a calming breath. "You're not interested. I get that and that's fine with me. We'll just go back to the way things were and continue to hate each other." She turned and stalked off only to turn right back around. "But first I'd like to give you a little taste of what you turned down."

In one gigantic leap, she was in his arms with her legs locked around his waist and her mouth fused firmly with his. She gripped handfuls of his hair as she poured everything she had into the kiss, hoping to leave him breathless and wanting more.

He had staggered back at the force of her body slamming against hers and had no choice to hold on while his mouth was being devoured. His hands instinctively cupped her bottom for support then ran them up her damp back until they were lost in her wet tangled hair.

They had both forgotten they weren't alone and either of them heard the distant chuckles or one of the twins yelling, "Eeuw, Dameon's kissing A.J.!" They were too involved with each other…too involved with hot, urgent, open mouth kiss that left them both breathless and wanting more.

Ava finally pulled away, biting softly on his lower lip before jumping down back on the ground. "There you have it," she said with a slight sneer. "See ya around, Malfoy."

Dameon was too stunned to do anything but watch her walk away but snapped out of it when Jacob suddenly was there, giving him a hard shove. "Go after her, you idiot."

"R-right," he said as he shook his head out of a daze and frustrating arousal suddenly consumed him. "Right," he said again, this time with more confidence and angrily followed her to the tent.

"I'm sorry," Harry said once he saw Dameon go inside. "I think I might have hallucinated…but…did I just witness my little girl jumping Dameon, then snogging the hell out of him?"

Hermione gave him a little sympathetic pat on the back. "Sorry, honey…but yes…yes, you did."

He nodded slowly. "Okay then." He let out a shaky breath and got up. "Well…I don't know about the rest of you, but I need a drink."

-->