Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts Undercover by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts Undercover

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: Okay, you guys. You're going to get jealous/snarky Harry and Hermione in this chapter. We both had a lot of fun writing this chapter and we hope you enjoy it, too!

The next Hogsmeade weekend arrived not long after the Quidditch match and despite everything going on, Dumbledore allowed the students to go- mainly so the girls could shop for their robes. Harry and Hermione, who had barely spoken to each other all week, rode silently in the same carriage.

"Would you mind not doing that?" Hermione asked glaring at him.

"What?" Harry snapped.

"Kicking your foot on my seat," Hermione said angrily. "It's annoying."

Harry smirked at her and kicked it a few times more just to piss her off.

"Very mature," Hermione countered. "I know two-year olds who act better than you."

"Oh that one hurt," Harry clutched his chest.

Hermione turned away and looked out the window. She couldn't believe she'd actually allowed herself to fall for someone like this.

Harry watched her, unnoticed, for several moments. Part of him wished that things hadn't turned so sour between them, but it might be better this way. His life was his duty as an Auror.

"I have to get my dress robes," Hermione said absently.

"What?" Harry asked.

"My dress robes for the ball," Hermione said looking at him. "We...we should probably coordinate. What colour are yours?"

Harry looked at her in confusion. "You still think it'd be wise if we went together?"

"Why not?" Hermione asked him folding her arms. "I can be professional if you can."

"Fine," Harry said sharply. "My dress robes are green."

"Like your eyes," Hermione said without thinking.

"So I've been told," Harry answered.

Hermione looked down at her lap. "Um, right. So, I'll get green robes then."

He shrugged. "If you want."

"Or maybe not," Hermione said wishing the damn carriage would move faster. "I'm sure Lavender will help me pick out something nice."

Harry didn't reply, only hoped they'd get down to the village soon. It would have been faster if they'd taken the secret passage.

"Luna seems to be bouncing back from her attack," Hermione commented. She'd seen the blonde get into a carriage with Ron.

"Yeah," Harry was still watching out the window. "He seems really happy with her."

Hermione nodded. "I'm happy for them. She's wanted to be with him for quite some time."

"Wouldn't know," Harry shrugged.

"Obviously," Hermione muttered under her breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked sarcastically. "So I haven't been at this bloody school for seven years like the rest of you? Who fucking cares?"

Thankfully, they'd arrived at the village and Hermione didn't have to spend anymore time with him. "Obviously you don't," she said before getting out of the carriage and hurrying to catch up to Lavender.

Harry rolled his eyes as he casually walked down the middle of the main road. He kept his eyes peeled and one hand on his wand in case he saw anything suspicious.

He thought about going into The Three Broomsticks to get something to eat when he saw a beautiful, leggy blonde heading in his direction. He smiled and shook his head. He had a feeling she'd find some way to get into this investigation. She was a couple years older than Harry and was entering her last year of training.

"Hello, Potter," Melanie Montgomery drawled.

"Mel," Harry grinned back at her. "What brings you around?"

"Extra security for you whipper-snappers," Melanie teased. "Us trainees pulled the detail."

He shook his head. "Well come on and let me buy you a drink."

She took his hand. "Fabulous idea."

"How's everything going at the Ministry?" he asked.

"Boring without you around," Melanie replied. "What's it like being a normal teenager?"

"It sucks," Harry answered. "I have to do stupid homework and all that rubbish."

Melanie laughed and led the way into The Three Broomsticks. A few of Harry's fellow students saw him with the blonde and gaped at him. "And how about the girls?" Melanie asked.

Harry shrugged. "They're all right."

"Liar," Melanie said grinning at him.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I know you," Melanie said. "And I can imagine that you've had one or two since you've been there. Sirius said that was the main reason you decided to go."

"Whatever," Harry rolled his eyes and ordered some mead.

They spent the next few minutes talking about people they knew and what was going on with Melanie's training. Harry had to admit it was nice being around an uncomplicated female.

"And so Jones and I are going to be going out Friday," Melanie said with a satisfied smile. "He's almost as cute as you," she flirted. "If you weren't younger than me..."

Harry hadn't heard what she'd said because he'd caught sight of Hermione entering the pub with...Viktor Krum. What the hell was he doing here? And why hadn't she mentioned it?

He narrowed his eyes at the pair as he moved his stool closer to Melanie.

"It is very crowded in here, Hermy-own-ninny," Viktor commented.

"I know," Hermione answered. "But we can find a nice, cosy corner booth."

Viktor put his arm around her. "I like very much that idea."

"Good," Hermione said in a low tone."

Hermione scanned the room for an empty table and spotted Harry with another girl. A very pretty girl, at that.

"Hermy-own-ninny?" Viktor asked.

She didn't answer at first.

"Nothing," Hermione said quickly. "Nothing at all...'

Harry smiled at Melanie, hoping Hermione was still watching. "So you and Jones?" he asked. "He sort of looks like me."

Melanie shook her head. "You're much cuter."

"I knew it," Harry grinned.

"And you are a better kisser," Melanie said leaning in.

"I knew that too," Harry said. "You were my first, after all."

"Glad I could teach you something," Melanie said. "You were a very good student though."

"You were a good teacher," Harry flirted. "Still are, I bet."

"You up for a refresher course?" Melanie asked softly.

"Maybe," Harry saw from the corner of his eye that Hermione was glaring over at them.

"I promise not to tell Jones if you don't," Melanie said before leaning across the table.

Harry didn't have much time to react before Melanie kissed him.

Hermione restrained herself from going over and telling Harry off for behaving like that in front of her. But, she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of letting him know that this was bothering her.

"Hermy-own-ninny..." Viktor reached for her hand.

"What?" Hermione asked sharply.

"I'm glad to see you," he said simply.

"Oh, yeah," Hermione said hastily. "Me too."

Viktor smiled at her. "You have been keeping care of yourself, I see."

Hermione smiled at him. "You're sweet to say that, Viktor."

Viktor grinned back and moved closer to her in the booth.

Harry pulled away from Melanie. "Mel---"

"You're as good as you always were," Melanie said flirtatiously.

"Better than---what the hell?" Harry asked seeing Viktor snogging Hermione.

"What?" Melanie looked in the same direction he was. "Why Harry Potter... have you fallen for some girl?"

"Pardon me, Melanie," Harry said standing up. "I'm going to go and kick his arse."

"Harry..." Melanie called after him but he ignored her.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing?" Harry snapped, standing in front of the table.

Hermione practically jumped out of her seat. "Harry!"

"What the hell are you doing?" Harry said his eyes dark.

"Why do you care, Potter?" Viktor asked.

"Because," Harry snapped, grabbing Hermione's arm.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed when he started to pull out of the pub. "What in the world has gotten into you? Let me go!"

"Why were you snogging that creep?" Harry demanded.

"Why do you care?" Hermione asked him.

"Because..." Harry stopped.

"And why can you snog some strange girl and its okay?" Hermione rounded on him.

"I didn't snog her!" Harry snapped. "She kissed me!"

"And you really fought her off," Hermione said sarcastically.

"It's better than what you were doing with Krum!" Harry said furiously.

"Yes, well he kissed me," Hermione told him.

"And I see how you really fought him off," Harry used her words.

"Unlike some people, he actually wants to be with me," Hermione retorted.

"Oh and I suppose that's directed at me," Harry crossed his arms.

"You're so smart," Hermione said angrily. "Look, you made it very clear that you only wanted me for one thing. Fine, I've accepted it. But, you can't get jealous just because I found someone who actually fancies me, Harry. Someone who could love me."

"He could never love you like--" Harry stopped himself.

"Like what?" Hermione asked feeling as if her heart had stopped beating.

"Nothing," Harry muttered.

Hermione sighed. "Who is she?"

"Melanie Montgomery," Harry answered. "She's entering her last training session for being an Auror."

"She was the one, wasn't she?" Hermione asked. "The girl you said you'd been with...your first?"

Harry looked away, not wanting to answer.

"Great," Hermione said trying desperately to stave off her tears.

"Hermione--" Harry began.

"What?"

"I just..." Harry didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry, okay?"

"No need to apologise," Hermione said softly.

"I'm going to go look around," Harry shoved his hands into his pockets.

Hermione wanted to stop him and tell him that the past few days had been awful. That she missed being with him and that she thought about him all the time. "What about Melanie?" she asked instead.

"What about her?" Harry asked. "She's just a friend."

"Harry--"

"What?" he asked quickly.

"Someone's coming," Hermione whispered pulling him behind the brick wall.

Harry immediately pushed her behind him, drawing his wand.

Hermione held him back when she heard Viktor's voice and someone else's she didn't recognise.

"We would be getting further if you weren't so busy playing tonsil hockey with that Mudblood," the man was saying in an angry voice to Viktor. "We've come way too far for you to blow this over her!"

"You have no idea what my plan is," Viktor was practically growling. "So you stay out of it!"

"You're going to ruin everything," the man hissed. "Bellatrix is not going to be happy with you."

"I'm not afraid of Bellatrix," Viktor snapped.

"You should be," the man retorted. "Your job was simple, Viktor. Get rid of Potter and Granger. And so far, you haven't done anything."

"Get rid of us?" Hermione's eyes widened.

Instinctively, Harry reached for Hermione's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I am working at it," Viktor growled. "I slipped that potion into her drink, but he grabbed her before I could get her to drink it."

Hermione pressed her lips together, never feeling more like a fool in her life.

"Then, I suggest you find her and finish the job," the man said before stalking away. Viktor followed a few minutes later.

Hermione was quiet for a moment before she angrily kicked the wall. "Bastard!"

"I'm not leaving you alone with him ever again," Harry said firmly.

Hermione snorted bitterly. "Like I ever want to be alone with him again."

"I-I guess my jealousy actually helped in this case," Harry mused.

"You were jealous?" Hermione asked uneasily.

"I should think that was obvious," Harry said looking at her.

"I don't know why you're jealous," Hermione looked away from him. "You've made it perfectly clear how you feel about me."

"Because I don't like thinking of anyone else being with you," Harry said coming up behind her. "And I've missed you."

"Don't," Hermione said. "Don't do this to me again."

"I can't say what you want me to say right now," he said putting his hands on her shoulders. "I can't..."

"Why not?" she demanded, pulling away. "If you can't, then just leave me alone."

"There you are," Melanie said coming into the alley. "I wondered where you got to."

Harry sighed in frustration as Hermione pulled away from him.

"Hi," Melanie said to Hermione. "You must be the student that Lupin and Kingsley are so jazzed about."

"Hi," Hermione returned unenthusiastically.

"Listen, Potter," Melanie said when no one introduced them. "I have to go, but maybe we can go out for a laugh when you get through at Hogwarts?"

"Sure," Harry said. "I'll see you soon, Mel."

"Good luck," Melanie whispered pecking him on the cheek.

"Thanks," Harry replied as she left.

"I need to go and get my dress robes," Hermione said.

"We need to go and get your dress robes," Harry corrected her. "I'm not leaving you alone, Hermione.

"I don't need your help," she snapped.

"You might not, but you're getting it," Harry said. "You don't have to say anything to me and I won't say anything to you. Professional, remember?"

Hermione rolled her eyes and walked past him.

Harry stayed a few steps behind her, keeping his eye out for anything suspicious.

She decided to head into Gladrags and still ignoring Harry; let the door bang shut behind her.

"Can I help you miss?" the salesgirl asked.

"I just need a set of robes," Hermione told her. "I'd prefer them to be green, emerald green."

The salesgirl smiled. "Excellent choice. That colour would look fantastic on you with your colouring. I have quite a few that I think would work."

"Thank you," Hermione answered, following her back.

Harry let himself into the shop and spotted Hermione heading to the changing rooms. He knew he was making things worse for her, but he couldn't help it.

"You try those on and let me know if you need any other sizes," another girl was saying to her.

"Thanks," Hermione said closing the door.

Harry sat himself down on a wooden bench just across from her dressing room and waited.

Hermione quickly changed into the first set of dress robes. She stepped out of the dressing room and stood before the mirror.

"Those look nice," Harry said.

Hermione didn't turn around but she could still see him in the mirror.

"The young man is right," the salesgirl said. "Are you going to wear your hair up or down?"

"I don't know yet," Hermione answered.

"I think you should wear it up," the salesgirl said thoughtfully.

"Maybe I will," Hermione said. "I'm going to try that other set now."

A few other students entered the shop and the salesgirl excused herself to wait on them. Hermione reached awkwardly for the zipper, but couldn't reach it.

"Let me," Harry said standing up.

"No thank you," Hermione said coldly. "I can get it myself."

Harry watched her struggle for a few moments. "Will you just let me help you?"

"I don't need your help!"

"Fine," Harry relented.

Hermione groaned as she realised she couldn't reach the zipper.

Harry tried not to smile as he watched her.

"Shut up," she glared at him.

"I didn't say anything," Harry pointed out.

"You were thinking it," Hermione said. "Fine... will you please help me?"

"Yes," Harry said standing behind her.

Hermione held her breath as he gently eased the zipper down in back.

"There," Harry said softly.

"Thanks," Hermione held the robes up even though they weren't about to fall off her.

"You're welcome."

She wanted to head back into the dressing room but she felt as if her feet were rooted to the floor.

"Hermione," he whispered in her ear.

She swallowed hard and hated how fast her body responded to him.

He kissed her bare shoulder.

Hermione's entire body trembled at the feel of his lips on her skin.

"Do you want me to stop?" he whispered against her skin.

"No," she admitted, her voice thick.

"Come with me," he said leading her back into the changing room. Before she could try and talk him out of this, he crashed his lips to hers.

Try as she might, Hermione was completely unable to resist him. She wrapped her arms around him as he pulled the robes off her.

"I've missed you," he said huskily as she tugged at his jumper.

"Me too," Hermione pressed her lips back to his.

Harry pressed her against the wall.

Her breath came rapidly as she ran her hands over his now bare shoulders.

Harry nipped at her bottom lip while she unzipped his trousers and pulled them down along with his boxers.

Hermione cast a quick spell on herself before she reached for her knickers and tugged at them. "Please," she whimpered.

With one deft movement, Harry thrust inside her.

"Oh Merlin," she let out a strangled cry.

There was a knock on the door, "How is that fit?" the salesgirl called out.

"Um... fine," Hermione said in a bit of a strangled tone.

"Beautiful," Harry whispered pressing deeper into her.

"I'll just leave these others just outside the door," the salesgirl said.

"Thank you," Hermione nearly bit down on Harry's shoulder as she tried desperately not to cry out.

"Hermione," Harry choked out. "Do you know what you're doing to me?"

She was incapable of even speaking at that moment.

"I've never...ever...wanted....anyone....like this," Harry said in between kisses.

"Me either," Hermione said, hating and loving this at the same time.

He drove into her one last time and then shuddered against her.

"Harry," she said, running her fingers through his damp hair.

"You have just made me like shopping," he said looking at her. "And I didn't think that was possible."

She smiled a little. "I never liked it much until now either."

Harry gave her a lingering kiss. "You are so beautiful, Hermione."

She didn't really know what to say to that, so she reached down for her undergarments.

Harry started to get dressed too, feeling better than he had in the past few days. Things were going to be back to how they were.

"Guess I'll get these," Hermione pulled the robes off the floor.

"Let me," he said taking them from her.

"I can get them," she shook her head.

"Okay," he said. "But at least let me buy you lunch."

It was on the tip of her tongue to ask why he wanted to do this, but she only nodded. "What if we see Viktor?"

"I'll kick his arse," Harry said simply.

"I can't believe he was trying to poison me," Hermione said quietly.

"I can," Harry said grimly. "I've never trusted him, Hermione."

Hermione poked her head out and when she saw no one around, she stepped out of the dressing room. "I'll just go buy these then..."

"I'll wait for you out front," he promised.

She nodded as she went up to pay for her new robes.

"Did you find everything you needed?" the salesgirl asked her.

"Yes," Hermione blushed. "Thank you for your help."

"My pleasure," the woman said. "And if I might say so, your boyfriend looked like you took his breath away."

"I hope so," Hermione answered softly, looking out the window.

"Hello, Hermione," Neville said behind her.

"Neville," Hermione said, smiling at him. "How's everything going?"

"Fine," Neville replied with a grin. "Ginny and I had lunch and then we came in here to get her some accessories for her some accessories for her dress robes."

Hermione's smile slipped as she saw the younger girl perusing some of the shelves. "I'm glad you're having a nice time together," she said.

Neville grinned. "We are. I can't believe I fancied her for this long and we're actually together."

He obviously had no idea that Ginny had been frolicking around with Malfoy and while Hermione wanted to tell him, she knew it wasn't her place.

"Hello, Hermione," Ginny said quietly joining the two of them.

"Hi," Hermione said coolly. "I have to go. Um... Harry's waiting just outside for me."

"I thought the two of you had broken up," Ginny said smugly. "You poor delusional thing..."

"Excuse me?" Hermione's eyebrow arched up. "What goes on between us is none of your business, Ginny."

"Did you find anything?" Neville asked changing the subject.

"For the ball?" Hermione asked. "Yes I did."

"Something brown and drab, I'm sure," Ginny said haughtily.

Hermione pressed her lips together momentarily. "Ginny," she began in a saccharine voice. "You didn't by chance happen to leave a cloak up in the Astronomy Tower one night did you? I came across it while doing rounds... for some reason it has blond hairs all over it...." she narrowed her eyes in a catlike fashion.

Neville didn't notice how pale Ginny became. "I don't think it would be Gin's. Is it?"

Ginny shook her head. "Hermione's being delusional again. In case she's missed it, I have red hair, not blonde. Perhaps it was that slag, Lavender Brown."

"I don't think so," Hermione replied. "Besides, it had your initials sewn on the label inside."

Ginny glared at her. "I-I must have left it the other night during Astronomy."

"I see," Hermione nodded. "It's in the common room, if you'd like to claim it."

Neville looked at the jewellery in his girlfriend's hands. "Let me get those for you, love."

"Thank you Neville," Ginny smiled sweetly at him.

"I'll see you later, Hermione," Neville said.

"Bye Neville," Hermione cast one last icy look at Ginny before leaving the shop.

Ginny watched her go feeling sick to her stomach. Hermione knew about her and Draco. Of all people to know, it had to be her. She looked over at Neville who was buying her something else. He was the sweetest boy in the world and she was betraying him. Even though she hadn't seen Draco Malfoy since that night, she'd thought about him often.

Impulsively, she went over to him and gave him a hug from behind.

Neville chuckled. "What's that for?"

"Just because you're so sweet to me," Ginny said.

"That's because I love you so much," Neville said.

"You love me?" Ginny asked, pleased.

Neville nodded, his cheeks turning red. "I always have, Gin."

She leaned in and kissed his cheek as the clerk wrapped her new jewellery in a bag.

"Thank you," Neville said taking the bag. "So, where do you want to go next?"

"I don't care," Ginny squeezed his hand as they left the store. "We could just walk around for a bit."

"Doesn't matter to me," Neville said smiling adoringly at her.

Ginny leaned against him and failed to notice Malfoy approaching them rapidly.

"I was talking to my---" Neville started to say.

"Ginny," Malfoy came up to them. "I need to speak with you."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," Ginny said coldly.

"We're just going for a walk, Malfoy," Neville said trying to push past him.

"I want to speak with you," Malfoy said, looking at her intently.

"Anything you have to say to me, you can say in front of Neville," Ginny said linking arms with her boyfriend.

Malfoy's grin turned snide. "Are you sure about that?"

Neville looked at his girlfriend. He wasn't sure what Malfoy could possibly want with her. But, he wasn't about to leave her alone with him.

"Go away, Malfoy," Neville said mustering up every ounce of courage.

"No, I don't think I will," Malfoy crossed his arms. "I want to speak with you, and I'm not leaving until I do."

"Fine," Ginny said in exasperation. "Neville, can you give us a minute?"

Neville stared at her in disbelief as Malfoy smirked at him.

"Just a minute," Ginny pleaded. "And then we can continue with our walk."

Neville shook his head and stalked away.

"What is it?" Ginny demanded, her hands on her hips.

"What do you see in him?" Draco asked with a laugh. "He's a lump, Red."

"He loves me," Ginny said glaring at him. "He cares about me and he treats me well."

"I could treat you better," Draco's eyes bored into hers.

"I doubt that," Ginny said folding her arms. "What do you want, Malfoy? What was so important?"

"I just wanted to talk to you," he replied. "I want to meet up again."

"No," Ginny replied instantly.

"You know you want to," he said, moving closer. He could see Longbottom fume from the corner of his eye.

Ginny stepped back. "What I want is to be with Neville."

"I don't think it really is what you want," he moved closer again.

Ginny shivered. "Y-you don't know me."

"I know more than you think I do," Malfoy said softly.

Ginny looked away. "Don't."

"Why?" Malfoy asked. "Because he's watching? You'll never be happy with him."

"And I would be with you?" Ginny asked. "I don't trust you, Malfoy."

"Because you haven't taken the time to get to know me," he answered, stepping closer again.

Ginny wanted to be in his arms, but she couldn't give in to her feelings. She wouldn't hurt Neville. "He just told me he loves me, Draco."

"That's adorable," he said sarcastically.

"This will never work between you and me," Ginny argued. "You know that I'm right."

"How would I know that if you never gave me a chance?" Malfoy asked.

Ginny bit her bottom lip. "Where do you want to meet?"

He grinned in satisfaction. "Same place, same time?"

"Okay," Ginny whispered.

He turned and strode away, and within seconds Neville was back at her side. "What did he want?"

"He wanted to give me a hard time about Ron and Luna," Ginny lied.

Neville rolled his eyes. "Why doesn't he ever just mind his own business?"

Ginny was wondering the same thing. And she felt terrible for lying to Neville. Tonight would be the last time she would do something like this. She'd get Malfoy out of her system and then she and Neville could move on.

"Come on," he said, putting an arm around her. "Let's go get something to drink."

"I'd like that," Ginny said giving him a kiss. "Neville, I-I love you too."

His smile was so bright she immediately felt guilty again. "Really?"

Ginny nodded. "You deserve so much better than me."

"I'll be the judge of that," he said.

Hermione followed Harry out of the sweet shop and shook her head when she saw Ginny with Neville. "I cannot stand that cow."

Harry also looked over in their direction. "Neville's a good guy," he said. "I hope he realises it sooner or later."

"If you could have seen her in Gladrags," Hermione said getting angry just thinking about it. "I wanted to wipe that smirk off her face."

"I don't know what her deal is," Harry said. "And I don't think I want to know."

"Just be glad she doesn't have her sights set on you anymore," Hermione said reaching into her bag for some of the sweets.

Harry rolled his eyes. "She never had a chance."

"That's what I like to hear," Hermione said offering him the sweets. "It's only fair since you bought it..."

"Thanks," Harry said.

"I wonder where Krum ran off to," Hermione said looking around.

"Since we sabotaged his plan, you mean?" Harry asked a bit snidely. "Fucking coward."

"I feel like such an idiot for actually trusting him," Hermione said. "And thinking that he was attracted to me."

"He wouldn't know what to do with someone like you if he did get you," Harry said. "You're too incredible for the likes of him."

Hermione smiled at him. "Harry--"

He leaned in and gave her a kiss.

She wasn't naive enough to think that their activities in that dressing room made everything okay. They still some things to hash out and maybe she'd pushed him too far too fast. "You're pretty incredible, too, when you want to be, Harry."

"I try," he sent her a rather charming grin.

Hermione put the sweets away in her bag and took his hand. They walked down the sidewalk keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

"Melanie's really pretty," Hermione commented.

"She's pretty popular with the other trainees," Harry answered.

Hermione nodded. "I can see why."

"It was only the one time," Harry said after a moment. "I swear, Hermione."

"It's okay," Hermione reassured him. "It was something in your past. "

"I just don't want you to think--" he began.

"I'll admit I didn't like seeing her tongue down your throat," Hermione interjected.

"She didn't kiss me like that," Harry said.

"It was the only reason I let Krum kiss me," Hermione admitted.

"The jealousy thing worked a bit," Harry admitted. "Seems like it did on both sides."

"Yeah," Hermione agreed.

"It was pretty stupid," he nodded.

"But we can get past it," Hermione said. "We're good together, both professionally and---'

"Right," Harry nodded again. "Both."

"So where do you want to go next?" Hermione asked squeezing his hand.

"I don't know," Harry said. "It doesn't seem like anything's really going to happen down here today."

Hermione nodded. "And I'm all set for the ball."

"We could go back to the castle," Harry suggested.

"Great idea," Hermione said. "And if you're really nice, I'll let you have some more of my chocolate."

"Hmm..." Harry said. "There's something I like better than chocolate that involves you."

Hermione blushed. "Oh really?"

He opened the door to one of the waiting carriages and helped her inside. "Yup."

"I love the way your mind works," Hermione said pulling him in with her.

No sooner had the door shut behind them than they were kissing in a frenzied passion.

Hermione giggled. "Your hands are cold."

"Warm them up for me," Harry breathed against her neck.

"With pleasure," Hermione said guiding his hands under her jumper.

They both shivered and kissed again, not caring about anything other than each other in that moment.

A few minutes later, Hermione was sated and sleepy as she cuddled up beside him. "It gets better every time, doesn't it?"

"I like to think so," Harry was glad this time that the carriages were so slow.

"I don't have anything or anyone else to compare it to," Hermione said softly. "But I can't imagine being with anyone else and it feeing this way. Does that make any sense?"

"Yeah," he answered quietly.

Hermione closed her eyes. "I don't want to go sleep, but I'm knackered."

"I'll wake you up when we get to the castle." Harry told her.

"Okay," Hermione said sleepily.

He kissed her forehead as she drifted off. Only when he was sure she was asleep did he speak. "I do love you," he whispered.

"I love you so much," he continued. "And it scares me to death."

Unbeknownst to Harry, Hermione was still awake and had heard everything. She opened her mouth to tell him so but he had continued.

"I'm afraid I'm going to screw this up," he said running his hand through her hair. "And I don't want to hurt you. Not ever. Being with you...being with you is like nothing I've ever felt before."

Hermione felt tears sting at her eyes.

Harry leaned his head back against the seat. "Someday, I'll tell this to you when I know you're listening. I just hope you'll be patient."

She swore she would be. Now that she knew... Hermione smiled to herself and snuggled closer to him.

Harry closed his eyes and before long, he too had fallen asleep.

She heard him steadily breathing and opened her eyes. Smiling, she leaned in and kissed his cheek. "I love you too, Harry."