Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hogwarts Undercover by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hogwarts Undercover

Amynoelle and Heaven

We're so glad you guys are enjoying this story! A lot of you were asking about H/Hr's visit to Grimmauld Place and you get that in this chapter. Let's just say things are heating up… FAST!

Please don't forget to review!! Thanks again for all your responses so far!

"Amazing," Hermione breathed, looking into the library at Grimmauld Place. It had floor to ceiling shelves of books- it almost looked bigger than the Hogwarts library. "Harry this is ALL yours?"

"Mine and Sirius'," Harry replied curtly.

"It's amazing," she repeated. "I don't think I've ever seen this many books!" she set her bag down on a table and continued to gaze around, moving her hands over the spines of the tomes stacked against the wall.

"Maybe someday Vicky can show you his library," Harry muttered. He'd had to endure her walking through Hogsmeade with that Bulgarian twat all afternoon. "That is if he can read..."

"What?" Hermione finally looked over at him. "Harry--"

He grabbed some books from the shelf and practically threw them down on the table.

"What on earth is wrong with you?" she asked. "You've been sullen since we left Hogsmeade."

"Oh, so you did notice that I was there?" Harry asked sarcastically.

"I told you, I had to try and find out if he knows what's going on at the school," Hermione explained.

Harry nodded. "You seemed to be enjoying yourself," he said glaring at her. He knew he was probably overreacting, but seeing her with Viktor had done something to him. And to make matters worse, it seemed as if the Bulgarian was deliberately goading him by finding excuses to touch Hermione the entire afternoon.

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "You can't possibly be jealous," she stated.

"I'm not jealous," Harry said defensively.

"Then what is your deal?" She asked impatiently.

Harry sat down in one of the chairs and opened one of the books. "I just think that Viktor Krum is a dead end where this case is concerned. He doesn't know anything."

"I'm actually inclined to agree," Hermione replied, opening the book on top of the stack Harry had thrown on the table. "He was more interested in me than about anything going on at the school."

"For a smart girl you're a little slow on the uptake, Granger," Harry said.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "You know, we're still working together as a team. You don't need to call me by my last name like you did when you were being a complete arse."

Harry grinned despite himself. "What if I like calling you, Granger?"

"Then I'll say you're a jerk," Hermione replied bluntly, now rather annoyed.

"Okay, okay," Harry said holding up his hands. "You're right, Hermione."

She rolled her eyes. "We should get to work."

"Right," Harry agreed. "How about you get started? I just wanted to go and say hello to Sirius. If he's even home, that is..."

"Fine," she said absently, already paging through a book.

Harry gave her one last look before heading out of the library. He called out for his godfather, but didn't get an answer. Sirius had known that he and Hermione would be coming over and Harry had expected his godfather to be here.

He found a letter in the kitchen that explained where Sirius was. He was out with Madam Rosmerta.

"Figures," Harry muttered. He got himself a drink before heading back to the library.

Hermione was already making notes and looked up when she saw Harry step back into the room. "I might have liked something to drink, too, you know."

"Here," Harry held his bottle of butterbeer out. "You can have this."

"Thank you," Hermione said taking the bottle from him. "So, um...did you find Sirius?"

"He's out with Madam Rosmerta," Harry sat down next to her. "We can wait until we get back to start working- he'll be able to help us."

"Well, how long will he be?" Hermione asked uncertainly.

"Few hours," Harry shrugged.

"Oh," Hermione said playing with her quill nervously.

Harry watched her for a few moments. "Are you all right?"

"I'm perfectly fine," Hermione replied.

"I have an idea," he said, grabbing her hand. "I'll show you around."

"Okay," Hermione said eagerly.

"I love this place," Harry said. "I know it doesn't look big from the outside but thanks to magic, it's actually huge."

Hermione smiled at him. "I think it's fantastic. The library alone..."

"That's nothing compared to our gym," Harry told her with a grin.

"I'd love to see it," Hermione said squeezing his hand.

All feelings of jealousy over Krum instantly evaporated in that one small gesture from her.

"Is it upstairs?" Hermione asked.

"It's actually right down the corridor," Harry said, leading her along.

Hermione was expecting a few weights and maybe a couple of machines, but what she saw made her jaw drop.

Along with an Olympic sized swimming pool, the room featured a racing track, punching bags and a full weight system in the corner.

"We could go for a swim?" Harry suggested.

Hermione squeaked in surprise. "I don't have a swim costume."

She was absolutely adorable when she was flustered like this, Harry thought.

"You don't need one," he said with a devilish grin.

Hermione flushed deeply. "I am not going in there naked with you."

Harry pulled an innocent face. "What do you think would happen?"

"I don't know and I'm not about to find out," she answered pertly.

"Coward," Harry teased.

"Sod off," Hermione threw over her shoulder. "I bet you're nothing spectacular to look at."

"You don't think so?" he asked.

Hermione only shrugged in response as she moved over to look at the weights.

He studied her for a few moments before walking over to join her.

"This really is a great gym," she remarked.

Harry smiled. "I spent most of my time in this room, actually."

"Couldn't tell just by looking at you," Hermione said in a lofty tone.

Harry glared at her. "I haven't had any complaints...."

It was her turn to tease him now. She shrugged and lifted one of the heavier weights off the stand.

Harry looked at her in amazement. "Nice, Granger...using magic..."

"This is all me, Potter," Hermione retorted. "I'm not some weakling female you know."

"Okay," Harry said thinking that two could play this game. He took off his shirt and tossed it aside.

Hermione averted her eyes from his muscular physique as he picked up weights in both hands and began to pump them.

"Do you do this at Hogwarts, too?" Harry asked her, still a little in awe that she was able to deftly handle the weights.

"No," she answered. "I work out during summer hols."

Harry nodded and kicked off his trainers and then unzipped his jeans.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked trying to sound as if she could care less.

"Going for a swim," Harry said with a grin.

He was baiting her now. "Have fun," Hermione raised her eyebrow.

He set his glasses down on the weight bench. "You know...you could join me..."

"Absolutely not," Hermione bit her lower lip as she took in his toned body. "I don't have a swim costume and you don't need to see me in my knickers."

"How do you know what I need?" Harry asked stepping closer.

"I just do," Hermione set the weights down and backed away. "Besides, I'm not here to use your pool. I'm here to use your library."

Harry smiled at her. "Okay, well, I guess you'll just have to watch then."

"No thank you," Hermione turned away. "I'm going to work."

"Just one swim, Hermione," Harry called after her. "What are you so afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid of anything," Hermione lied as he ran after her.

"Hey---" he said grabbing her arm.

"I just don't think it's a good idea," Hermione said, completely aware of how close she was to him and how little he was wearing.

"Temptation, you mean?" he asked.

"I wasn't saying that," Hermione's breath came in shallower gasps as he moved closer.

"We haven't been this close all day," Harry whispered cupping her face in his hands.

"I...I know..." she stammered.

He leaned in and lightly brushed his lips against hers. "I've been waiting all day to be alone with you."

"After earlier I didn't think you wanted to have anything to do with me," Hermione couldn't resist and leaned into him. "You do know I was only acting that way with Viktor to get information..."

"You're not with him now," Harry said pulling her even closer. "You're with me."

She swallowed hard. "Harry..."

"Yeah?"

"Why do we always seem to wind up like this?" she asked softly.

He shook his head. "I don't know, but every time I'm near you..."

"I know," Hermione answered. "It's almost like I can't control it."

"Do you want to?" Harry asked tugging at the hem of her shirt.

"Now?" her voice echoed loudly in the room.

"Come in the pool with me," he said softly. "I promise...I'll behave."

"Just a little while," Hermione relented.

"Need some help getting out of those clothes?" Harry asked eagerly.

She shot him a look. "Just get in the pool, Potter."

"Anything you say," Harry said before turning around and diving into the pool.

Hermione stepped out of her skirt and laid it neatly on the bench before unbuttoning her shirt. She dove in before Harry could turn around and see her.

When he surfaced at the other end of the pool, he was dismayed to see that she'd already jumped in. "Hermione..."

"What?" she asked innocently.

"Come here," he said crooking his finger at her. "You're too far away."

"Ask nicely," she teased.

"Please," Harry said rolling his eyes.

Hermione swam forward to the shallower end of the pool.

"Hi," he said smiling at her when she reached him.

"Hi yourself," Hermione returned.

He played with the strap of her bra. "I like this better than a swimming costume..."

She blushed. "It's not very comfortable..."

"No?" Harry asked looking into her brown eyes. "You know you could take it off..."

"Harry," she blushed even harder.

"I just want you to be comfortable," he said innocently.

"I can't be comfortable when you look at me like that," Hermione trembled even in the tepid water.

"You don't want me to look at you?" Harry asked pushing a strand of her damp hair over her shoulder.

"It's not that," Hermione looked away. "I told you before... I've never done this before. I've never even kissed anyone like I've kissed you."

"Hermione," he said tilting her chin so she'd look at him.

She couldn't even form words as she looked up into his eyes. It was one thing to tease him, but this was completely different.

"I want you," Harry said wrapping his arms around her.

Hermione couldn't deny she wanted him as well but still, no words would come.

There was so much more he wanted to say, but he was scared to voice them. This girl had completely turned things around and he wasn't so sure how he felt about that. But, he could think about that later. Right now, he was going to live in the moment.

Hermione could barely take the torment of being so close; she leaned in and pressed her mouth against his.

He didn't waste any time deepening the kiss as he turned her around and pressed her against the edge of the pool.

Hermione wound her arms around him, her eyes closing as their bodies entwined together.

"Hermione," he breathed against her neck.

"Yes..." she finally managed to say.

"Yes?" he asked looking at her intently.

"Just kiss me," she moaned, her long hair streaming out behind her in the water.

Harry did as he was told, kissing her with everything he had.

Her hands roamed everywhere, touching ever bare inch of him that she could find.

Harry reached around her and undid the clasp of her bra.

Hermione's breath came even faster than before at his actions.

He broke their kiss, but kept his eyes focused on hers as he slid the straps down her shoulders.

Part of her wanted to stop them, but the other part kept it quiet- she had never felt like this before and didn't want it to go away just yet.

Harry looked at her; his expression unreadable.

"What is it?" Hermione gasped. "Why did you stop?"

"You're beautiful," he said grinning at her.

"I am?" she asked softly.

He played with a strand of her hair. "Mmmhmm...."

She closed her eyes again as he kissed her. "You... are quite... dashing..." she managed between kisses.

"I thought you said I was a jerk," he teased.

"Can't a girl change her mind?" Hermione smiled at him.

"Absolutely," Harry said nearly losing it when she arched against him.

"Harry..." she let out a throaty moan that nearly undid both of them.

He wondered what their classmates at Hogwarts would think if they could see bookish, clever Hermione Granger like this. But, he was glad that she was sharing this part of her with him and him alone. "I'm trying very, very hard to control myself," he managed to choke out.

"Me too," she said, biting on her lower lip.

"Maybe we shouldn't fight it," Harry said his hands resting on her waist.

"Part of me really doesn't want to fight it," Hermione said. "But I've waited this long... I want it to be special. I want it to be with the man I will love for the rest of my life..."

There was nothing like complete honesty to kill the mood, Harry thought as he pulled away.

"Harry please don't be angry with me," she began.

"I'm not angry," he said which was partly true.

"I do like you very much," she said. "Far more than I thought I would when we first met."

He gave her a wry smile. "You were right. We shouldn't have gotten in here."

Hermione nodded and lifted herself out, not caring this time if he saw her in her knickers.

Harry followed suit and walked over to the closet and pulled out a couple of towels. "Here..." he said handing her one.

"Thank you," she said softly.

"No problem," he said quietly.

They dressed silently and headed back for the library. "We should really study what you have in there so we can get an idea of what's going on at the school," Hermione said. "I don't want to get the Ministry angry thinking we're doing nothing."

"The last thing I'd want to do is piss off Scrimgeour," Harry said sarcastically.

"I don't like him," Hermione shook her head. "But he's still the Minister."

"You realise that if we solve this case," Harry said. "He'll take all the credit. He always does. To listen to him, you'd think he was the one who killed Voldemort."

"I know," Hermione replied. "But what goes around comes around."

"Karma," Harry agreed. "One can only hope."

"Right," she said, sitting down. "We only have a few hours- would it be all right if I took a few of these back with me? I promise I'll be careful with them."

"Take whatever you like," Harry replied.

"Thank you," Hermione said her cheeks tingeing pink as he smiled at her.

"Harry?"

"Sirius must be home from his hot date," Harry said looking at his watch. "Early for him."

"He knew you'd be home," Hermione said, absorbed in a thick tome. "I think he misses you."

"I'll be back in a minute," Harry told her.

"All right," she said, turning a page.

Sirius was in the kitchen helping himself to a bottle of butterbeer when Harry walked into the room.

"Hey," he smiled at his godson. "Hard at work?"

"Hermione is," Harry replied.

"Shouldn't you be helping her?" Sirius asked.

"I am," Harry said defensively. "But she is the brains behind our partnership. I think she fell in love with our library."

"From the way she was looking at you the other day when she didn't think anyone would catch her, I think she's in love with you," Sirius pointed out.

Harry sighed and pushed past his godfather. "You've met her once, Sirius. How would you know?"

"I can tell," Sirius insisted. "And I think you're falling for her too."

"How much did you drink tonight?" Harry asked.

"Not that much, smart ass," Sirius replied.

"Speaking of love," Harry said eager to change the subject. "How about you and Rosmerta? You've been stringing her along for how long now?"

"Not so fast," Sirius waved his hand. "Harry, if you fancy this girl, you should go for it."

Hermione cleared her throat and both men turned to look at her. Harry wondered how much she'd actually heard.

"You have a great library, Mr. Black," Hermione said warmly.

"Thank you," Sirius smiled at her. "I'm glad someone's finally getting use out of it."

Harry smirked. "I've used the library, Sirius."

"Rarely," Sirius quipped. "Hermione, you are welcome here anytime. Consider it your personal library."

Hermione beamed at him. "Thank you, Mr. Black."

"I won't keep you two from your research," Sirius gave his godson a look. "But if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask."

"I actually may have found something," Hermione said holding out a piece of paper. "You remember those ingredients we found in the potions lab?"

"Yeah?" Harry answered. "What about them?"

"Well," Hermione explained. "I was looking through this second edition copy of Most Potente Potions and I came across a potion that this wizard used during the 17th century."

Harry scanned the page. "He used it to brew the Draught of the Living Death..."

"Which he used to try and harvest his victim's souls," Hermione continued. "That's what the extra ingredients were for."

"Their souls?" Harry asked. "Shite..."

"Brilliant," Sirius said smiling at her.

Hermione blushed from his praise. "Now we just have to find out who's doing this and why."

"We will," Harry said determinedly.

Hermione nodded. "I'm still going to borrow a few books- I want to do some research on this wizard."

"If you give me his name, I'll see if I can dig up something at the Ministry," Sirius offered.

"That's the only problem," Hermione frowned. "This wizard isn't referred to by name. They only say him, or he."

"Do they give you any indication as to where he's from or any other details?" Sirius asked.

"He was Romanian," Hermione answered, turning to the page in the book and showing it to Sirius.

"I'll see if Remus can come up with anything on what little we have to go on," Sirius said after scanning the page.

"That'd be great," Hermione replied. "I'll try to find something in the Hogwarts library."

"I'll owl you if I find out anything," Sirius promised.

"Thanks," Harry said. "Shall we get back to school before we're missed?"

"Listen to him," Sirius joked. "Now he wants to go back. What did you do to change his mind, Hermione?"

"Not sure," Hermione grinned. "I think he likes the food."

"I'm not so sure that's all it is," Sirius said with a pointed look at Hermione.

She blushed again as Harry glared at Sirius.

"Think about what I said, Harry," Sirius said clapping his godson on the back. "Good night, you two."

"It was nice seeing you again Mr. Black," Hermione said politely.

"Call me Sirius," Sirius told her. "And it was nice seeing you too. I have a feeling I'll be seeing more of you."

"I hope so," Hermione said, seemingly understanding his meaning

"Good night, Sirius," Harry said angrily.

Sirius grinned annoyingly at his godson and left the kitchen.

"We should probably get going," Harry said quietly.

"Sure," she agreed. "Are we um... getting back by Floo?"

Harry nodded. "Do you have everything?'

"I left my bag in the library," she answered.

"I'll give you a hand with the books," Harry offered.

"Thanks," she smiled at him. "I appreciate it."

"All part of me being dashing," he said with a grin.

"Stop teasing me," she nudged him.

"It's so much fun," Harry argued. "You fall for it every time."

"I'm not falling for anything," she said. "I do happen to think you're quite dashing."

"Well, don't tell anyone else," he told her. "I have a reputation to protect."

"I won't tell if you don't," Hermione grinned at him as he stopped and took her hand, pulling her closer.

"Hermione?"

"Yeah?" she asked softly.

"I'm sorry about earlier," he said. "I shouldn't have--"

"It's okay," she said. "I'm glad... I just... it's nice to know that at least one guy thinks I'm pretty."

"Beautiful," he corrected her. "I said you were beautiful."

She felt her knees go weak at his words. "No one's ever said that about me," she admitted. "Well, my parents, but they're kind of obligated."

Harry stroked her cheek for a moment before leaning in to kiss her.

Neither of them saw Sirius watching from the stairs.

Harry slid his arm around her waist and pulled her close, opening her lips under his and kissing her deeply.

She was a little light headed when they pulled apart. No one had ever made her feel this way.

"Come on," he said softly. "We should get back- we still have some rounds to do tonight."

Hermione nodded. "Right."

Sirius smiled as he watched his godson and Hermione walk away. Despite what Harry was saying, he had a sneaking feeling that Harry was falling for this girl.

*** *** ***

Harry awoke early Monday morning and for the first time since he'd been at Hogwarts, he was actually looking forward to going to class. He was about to head downstairs to the Great Hall when he spotted Neville in the common room.

"So how was the big date?" Harry asked his roommate. With everything that had been going on, he hadn't had a chance to ask Neville how the Hogsmeade trip with Ginny had gone.

Neville was still bubbling over with how well his date had gone. "Harry it was fantastic," he said happily."

"Really?" Harry grinned.

"She's such a fantastic girl," Neville replied enthusiastically.

"Where did you take her?" Harry asked, deciding not to comment on Neville's remark. He wasn't sure how to take the youngest Weasley.

"She wanted to go to Madam Puddifoots," Neville blushed.

"Ah, she's one of those girls," Harry said with a laugh. "And of course you went...."

"Yeah... didn't you take her there though while you were um... dating?" Neville asked.

"I don't really remember," Harry lied. "It's not really my kind of place, Nev."

"Of course," Neville fell into step beside him. "We just had a really nice time. And she said she'd like to go again sometime."

"That's great," Harry said hoping that this would mean Ginny was over her crush on him.

"I'm just rally glad you sort of pushed me into asking her out," Neville said. "I owe you a lot Harry. You've always been a good friend to me."

Harry smiled at him. He genuinely liked his fellow Gryffindor and was happy that things seemed to be working out for him.

"Potter," Malfoy drawled as he came up behind them. "And Longbottom....hmm....you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel, Scarhead. First Granger and now this fat lump."

Harry's fist clenched. "Malfoy," he said coolly. "I could really say the same about you..." he looked disdainfully at the two large Slytherins that flanked the blond's sides.

Malfoy glared at him. "I bet the Mudblood helped you brew that potion, Longbottom. The one that got you in Ginny Weasley's knickers..."

Harry slammed him against the wall. "You'd best shut the fuck up Malfoy, before the whole school finds out about your... size and stature in things."

"Let go of me," Malfoy said through clenched teeth.

"Then stay out of my way," Harry said in a murderous tone.

"Don't worry," Malfoy said shoving Harry aside. "Crabbe...Goyle...let's get out of here."

"What was that all about?" Neville asked.

"He's a twat," Harry said shaking his head. "And he thinks he can insult people I care about and get away with it."

"Thanks for sticking up for me," Neville told him. "I appreciate it..."

Harry shrugged. "No problem."

The two boys walked into the Great Hall and Neville smiled when he spotted Ginny sitting with Natalie McDonald.

"I'll see you later Harry," Neville said over his shoulder. "Thanks again for everything!"

"See you," Harry said scanning the room for Hermione.

He spotted her near the front poring over one of the books she'd brought back from his library.

Hermione was making notes on a piece of parchment. She was dismayed to find that there was no known anecdote for this particular potion. She felt someone tapping on her shoulder. "Go away, Dennis. I don't know when he's going to be here and I'm not so sure he's going to want his photograph taken."

"I can tell you what sort of photograph I like having taken," Harry said in her ear.

Hermione blushed. "Harry..."

"Morning," he kissed the side of her neck. "Find anything out in there?"

Hermione shook her head. "No, but I'm thinking of asking Professor Snape if he knows anything about it."

Harry raised an eyebrow sceptically. "And I'm sure he'll be very forthcoming."

"I have to try," Hermione said closing the book and setting her notes aside. "How did you sleep last night?"

He'd experienced another rather erotic dream with her as the star, but didn't tell her that. "Fine," he answered instead, piling his plate with bacon and oatmeal.

"I had to endure endless questions from Lavender about why I was stringing along two of the most famous wizards in the world," Hermione said dramatically.

"Huh?" Harry asked quizzically.

"The apparent love triangle between you, me and Krum," Hermione replied.

"You have got to be kidding me," Harry rolled his eyes. "Now that Ron won't have anything to do with her, she's got to live through you."

"It's not that," Hermione said. "Lavender and Parvati live for drama of all kinds."

"I see," Harry replied, his mouth full. "Oh, Dumbledore sent me a message. He wants us to fill him in on what we've learned."

"When?" Hermione asked.

"Soon as we have some free time," Harry answered. "I also think we need to make our rounds longer, spend some more time poking around at night."

"I was thinking that too," Hermione said thoughtfully.

"So tonight," Harry said, leaning in. "We'll poke around in some of those hidden corridors that no one usually goes in..."

Hermione shook her head. "I know what you're thinking."

"What?" Harry asked.

"I just think we should be professional during our rounds," Hermione said. "I mean, we would be hypocrites if we deducted points from other students for snogging when we'd be doing the same thing."

Harry smiled ruefully. "I suppose you're right... but that just means we'll have to find other times to do that."

"We're not doing anything now," Hermione said softly.

"I'm eating breakfast," Harry pointed out with a saucy grin.

"Oh," Hermione said with a shrug. "Okay then..."

"But you know," Harry said hastily as she rose up and he caught a glimpse of her legs. "I've eaten enough for now..."

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day," Hermione said. "And the last thing I would want to do is deprive you of that."

"I can think of other things that are much more important," Harry said quickly.

"I can too," Hermione said enjoying herself. "Swimming, for one."

"If we had a pool here I might suggest that," Harry said. "But since there isn't one--"

"We'll have to make do," Hermione said motioning for him to follow her.

Curious, he slung his bag over his shoulder and willingly followed her out of the Great Hall.

She led him down the corridor and toward a supply closet that Filch used. "I know it's kind of dark," she apologised.

"I like it," he answered, opening the door.

Hermione looked over her shoulder to make sure no one had seen them before going inside. She grabbed Harry's tie and pulled him in with her.

"Hermione--" his words were cut off.

She'd dropped her bag and threw her arms around him kissing him before he could say anything else.

"Mmm," he said closing his eyes even though it was pitch black. Her passion and energy never ceased to amaze him.

"I think we're having that control problem again," Hermione said breathlessly.

"But at least this time we're not in a pool," he answered. "In very little clothing..."

Just the memory of that did something to Hermione and she pressed her body against his.

Harry grunted as she did that and slid his arms around her, his hands running through her hair.

"We haven't got much time," Hermione whispered.

"So we'd best make the most of it," Harry stroked her cheek before leaning in again.

"Right," Hermione said pressing her lips to his once more. It was hard to remember what life was like before he came to Hogwarts. He'd become so engrained in her everyday life. The more time she spent with him, the more she felt herself becoming attached. She'd heard what he and Sirius had spoken about last night.

Harry let his hand wander down her side and under her skirt.

She knew where he was heading and she grabbed his hand to stop him. "Wait..."

"What?" he asked breathlessly. "What's wrong?"

She rested her forehead on his. "I just think we should slow down is all...and Charms starts in just a few minutes."

"Right..." Harry said, trying to compose himself.

"I'm sorry," Hermione said smoothing her skirt down.

Harry didn't answer as he cracked the door open. "Coast is clear." he reported.

Hermione grabbed her bag and followed him out of the closet.

They headed down the deserted corridor towards the Charms classroom. Right before they came upon the classroom they saw something that made them stop short.

"Harry!" Hermione gasped. "That's Dean!"