Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

Care of Magical Fairies

By Mione Lynn Potter

Chapter 1: Baby Fairies

"Come on, Harry! We're going to be late for Care of Magical Creatures if you don't hurry up!" Hermione warned, as she watched Harry fumbling to get a shoe on his foot. She laughed as he stumbled and fell flat on his face.

"Be quiet, Granger," he growled playfully. Hermione giggled and helped him up. "You should be more careful," she said softly with a gentle smile.

"Yeah. But it wouldn't hurt my hard head, now would it?" he grinned.

"No, it wouldn't," she smiled as she grabbed his hand and ran to class. When they walked in the class looked at them. They were still holding hands. They blushed and let go.

"Sorry, Hagrid. Harry, here, can't get his own shoe on his own foot without falling," Hermione shooting glances at Harry. He glared at her.

"That's all right you two," Hagrid smiled, gesturing them to sit. They nodded and sat at next to each other.

"Now, ter day we'll be learning about fairies. Amazing creatures, really. Professor Dumbledore wants yer' to learn about parenthood as well. So we'll be workin' in pairs," Hagrid explained. People started to decide whom they wanted to work with.

"Now the pairs will be boy and girl. When you know who yer' workin' with, come over to me and we'll figure out which fairy is yers," Hagrid said.

Harry turned to Hermione. "May I have the pleasure of being your partner?" he asked bowing. She giggled.

"Yes, kind sir. I would be honored," she replied.

"Looks like Ron and Lavender are partners as well," Hermione commented looking at the two. Harry nodded in agreement. He nudged Hermione and she looked at him. He nodded his head toward Hagrid.

"Right," she agreed walking over.

"Ah, 'ello yer' two. I figured you would be partners," Hagrid chuckled. Harry and Hermione looked at each other confused, but shrugged it off.

"Now, see which fairy belongs to you. It's hidden inside a flower. You have to figure out which one it is," he instructed. Harry nodded and turned to the blooming flowers.

Hermione examined each other carefully.

"Which one do you think it is, Herm?" Harry asked.

"Hmm. I don't know," she answered, but then she spotted a lily. She picked it up and cradled it in her arms. It felt like a warm blanket.

"It's this one, Harry. I know it is," Hermione smiled. Suddenly the petals unfolded to real a sleeping fairy.

"Oh, Harry. She's beautiful," Hermione whispered. He looked at the fairy and nodded.

"Looks just like you. Beautiful and innocent," he whispered in her ear. Her eyes widened as she blushed, but shook her head.

The little fairy was peach colored. Her hair was in little golden-brown ringlets. She was sleeping, so they couldn't see her eyes.

"Ah, what are yer' going to name her?" Hagrid asked. Hermione looked at Harry.

"Lilian Rose Potter," she declared, winking at Harry. His eyes widened. Hagrid smiled and nodded.

"Lilian?" Harry asked. She nodded.

"I thought it'd be the perfect name for her. And I know how much you miss your mum. So I wanted to name her something you loved," Hermione answered rocking the fairy back and forth. A sound came from the little baby. They looked at her as she opened her eyes. They were green, just like Harry's.

"My, my, she is beautiful," Hermione grinned.

"Hello, Lily," Harry cooed stroking her cheek with his finger. Lily laughed and clapped her hands together.

"Aww. Hermione! She's gorgeous!" Lavender exclaimed rushing over and playing with Lily.

"Yeah, mate," Ron agreed coming over with a fairy that had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"His name is Jeremy Matthew Weasley," Lavender said.

"He's adorable, Lav," hermione complimented.

"Not as adorable as Lily!" Harry grinned.

"I have to admit, but he's right, Ron. Girls are just more adorable than boys," Lavender laughed. Harry and Ron glared at her.

"Nah, no one is as adorable as Harry," Hermione laughed as she saw his face turn red.

"Now, all of yer' will be taking care of the fairies as if they were your own real children. They will grow older. You will be graded," Hagrid said. Ron raised his hand.

"Yeah?" he said.

"You mean we have to take the fairies to classes too?" Ron asked.

"Yup. I've explained it to all yer' teachers," Hagrid answered.

"Class dismissed," Hagrid stated. The students walked out talking quickly.