Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: I don't own *If Only Tears Could Bring You Back*. It belongs to the Midnight Sons

Care of Magical Fairies

By Hermione Potter

A/N: And let me straighten some things out.

1. The fairies that are in MY story are the size of babies.

2. I did not steal the plot.

3. I know the characters are a bit OOC.

4. Thank you and have a nice day.

Chapter 4: If Only Tears Could Bring You Back

How will I start
Tomorrow without you here
Who's heart will guide me
When all the answers disappear

Is it too late
Are you too far gone to stay
This one's forever
Should never have to go away

(*If Only Tears Could Bring You Back* by the Midnight Sons)

Harry slowly stood up and hopped onto the ledge. He didn't bother to summon his broom. He jumped off the ledge and landed on his feet in front of Hermione's form. He kneeled down and picked her up in his arms. Harry looked at her face.

It was covered in dirt, cuts, and bruises. But so beautiful to him. Her face was pale. Harry felt for a pulse. His eyes widened. She was still alive! There was a chance she could be saved. Harry summoned his broom and mounted it.

He flew up to the balcony to see that Lavender was inside cradling a sleeping Lily.

"I'll be right back, Lily. I promise!" he declared, moving as fast as he could to the Hospital Wing.

'Please hold on Hermione. Just a little bit more,' Harry thought. He burst into the Hospital Wing, looking for Madame Pomfrey.

"Mr. Potter! What happened?" Madame Pomfrey asked, gesturing Harry to place Hermione on an empty bed.

"She accidently fell off the ledge of her balcony and she has a weak pulse," Harry fidgeted. Madame Pomfrey stared at him suspiciously. Harry felt uncomfortable.

"Oh my, her pulse is getting weaker. Get out! I cannot have someone staring over my shoulder while I try to help one of my students! Go! Shoo!" she pushed him. He resisted her.

"NO! I want to stay with her!" he argued. A gentle voice interrupted.

"Let him stay, Poppy. She needs him," Professor Dumbledore said. Pomfrey huffed and turned around to tend to Hermione.

"May I speak to you for a moment, Harry?" Albus asked gently. Harry nodded and followed him out into the hall.

"Now, Harry. Do you know why she was on the ledge?" he asked knowingly. Harry looked away.

"I-I don't know, sir," Harry lied. He avoided eye contact.

Professor Dumbledore nodded and told him to go back in. Harry pulled up a chair next to Hermione and gripped her hand.

Hermione's face was clean, but still pale. She was changed into a fresh pair of clothes. There were bandages wrapped her around her head, legs, waist, and hands. On the table there was an empty bottle of Skele-Gro.

"Hermione, please, hang on. Don't die on me. We've gone through so much together to let it all go now. We're a part of each other," Harry whispered, kissing her knuckles.

"I'm sorry I said what I said in the Great Hall this morning. I was in denial. I didn't think you would ever feel the same way I did. Come on, Mione. Lily and I need you. Where will Ron and I be when we need answers to our homework?" Harry smiled slightly. He laced his fingers through hers.

Tears leaked from his eyes. 'Don't leave me,' he thought.

A month had passed since the accident and Hermione had been getting worse. The Gryffindors had visited her every day, especially Harry. He would stay off the subject when people asked him what had happened.

One day, in Potions, Professor McGonagall walked in.

"Excuse Professor Snape. Mr. Potter, please go to the Hospital Wing," she said. Harry gathered his things and broke into a run toward the Hospital Wing.

"Mr. Potter, it seems that Miss Granger is finally getting better," Madame Pomfrey said with a smile. Harry sighed relieved and went behind the curtain that kept Hermione hidden.

Hermione looked better. Her cheeks had a bit of color on them and she seemed to be breathing evenly. Harry stroked her hand gently as he watched her.

Suddenly, her eyes fluttered open. She slowly sat up, but winced.

"Hey, easy there. You had a rough fall," Harry said, supporting her. She froze and turned to see Harry. He looked at her and bit his lip.

"Hey," he greeted, warmly. She turned away.

"Hello," she greeted back a bit coldly. He bowed his head.

"I deserved that," he whispered.

"But I need to ask. Why? Why did you do that, Hermione?" he asked as he felt tear stinging at his eyes. She didn't answer.

"I almost lost you so many times. And I almost lost you again. Mione, I can't lose you. I need you. I-," he became quiet as he realized her form was racking with tears. He stepped back.

"I-I didn't mean to make you cry," he whispered. She gave a hollow laugh.

"Didn't mean to? Did you not mean to hurt me? Did you not mean to break my heart? Did you not mean to reveal to the whole world that you have no feelings for me?" she said very coldly. He winced.

"Hermione, I didn't think tha-," he was cut off by her.

"Exactly. You never think. Don't think that anything you say doesn't affect other people. Because it does," she whispered.

"Don't you think I know that?! I've been worried sick about you. I cried so much. I thought I lost you. You don't think that the things you do don't affect other people. Because it does. You should know that," he argued.

"Don't you dare tell me what I should and should not know! I know more about other people's feelings than you! You don't know what it's like to be me. You don't know anything about friendship. Or love," she retaliated. His eyes darkened.

"Don't you dare tell me about love and friendship! You didn't have to live your life with the Dursleys! Your parents didn't get killed before you could know them. You had people who loved you! I never did! I never had any friends until I came to Hogwarts. You don't know what my life is like. And you can't tell me what love and friendship is! Because those are the two things I've desperately wanted my whole life," he whispered dangerously.

"How can I when you always try to push me away?! Every time you think Ron or me are going to get hurt, you stay away from us!" Hermione yelled.

"I can't believe how selfish you're being! I don't know why I ever considered having feelings for you!" Harry screamed, immediately regretting it. Her eyes filled with tears.

"Hermione, I'm sor-," he stopped when she held her hand up.

"Don't. Just don't. You already did more to me than anyone did. I don't think I can stand it anymore. Just leave me alone," she whispered, laying down and silently crying.

Harry didn't know what to say. He had said things without thinking. And hurt the one person who was most important to him. Again.

A/N: HI! Sorry this is short. I know the characters seem OOC. I guess I was moving toward that direction. Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me! I hope you enjoyed it. Please review. No flames! And if you want to IM me, go right ahead! I would love to hear from you!

P.S. Here are the lyrics to If Only Tears Could Bring You Back.

How will I start
Tomorrow without you here
Who's heart will guide me
When all the answers disappear

Is it too late
Are you too far gone to stay
This one's forever
Should never have to go away

What will I do
You know I'm only half without you
How will I make it through

If only tears could bring you back to me
If only love could find a way
What I would do, what I would give
If you returned to me someday
Somehow, someway
If my tears could bring you back to me

I'd cry you an ocean
If you'd sail on home again
Wings of emotion
Will carry you, I know they can

Just light will guide you
And your heart will chart the course
Soon you'll be drifting
Into the arms of your true north

Look in my eyes
And you will see a million tears have gone by
And still they're not dry

If only tears could bring you back to me
If only love could find a way
What I would do, what I would give
If you returned to me someday
Somehow, someway
If my tears could bring you back to me

I hold you close
And shout the words I only whispered before
For one more chance, for one last dance
There's nothing that I would not give and more

If only tears could bring you back to me
If only love could find a way
What I would do, what I would give
If you returned to me someday
Somehow, someway
If my tears could bring you back to me