Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Care of Magical Creatures

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 11: Awakening With Consequences

Harry groaned as he felt light seeping through the windows of the Hospital Wing. His eyes fluttered open and he looked around. In the bed next to him was Hermione. He sat up, instantly wincing from the pain in his back.

"Lay back down, mate," Ron's voice said next to him. Harry turned his head to look at the red-headed boy.

"Wh-What happened?" he asked. Lily was standing next to him.

"Dumbledore brought you back. Apparently you were out cold for a few weeks," Ron answered solemnly.

"How's Hermione?" he asked Lily. She bowed her head.

"They don't know if she's going to make it. It seems she didn't get much of the blow, but suffered more spells before," she answered.

"No, no. This can't be happening," Harry muttered over and over.

"Shoo! All of you! Get out! I need to tend to my patients!" Madame Pomfrey mumbled, pushing them out.

Once the two were out, Madame Pomfrey walked over to Harry and examined his injuries.

"Umm, Madame Pomfrey, will Hermione be all right?" Harry asked.

"She'll be fine. But I must put upon of you that when she does awake, she might not have any memory," the elder woman answered, bandaging a wound around his hand.

"You mean of what happened over the last few days?" Harry replied.

"No. Her entire memory. She will forget her parents, her friends, her family, her magic, everything," she murmured. Harry froze.

"How?"

"Well it seems that the damage done to her brain has triggered something that has it dysfunctional. It does not what to do. So what it does is that it shuts down completely so that the mind can heal," Madame Pomfrey explained.

"She will be able to get her memory, won't she?" he questioned.

"Not until I make the Remembrance Potion. Once she takes it, she will remember everything. But that might not be for a few weeks," Pomfrey whispered. Harry's head dropped on the pillow.

"She won't remember anything? Everything. She'll forget everything. Including me," Harry whispered, closing his eyes.

"Can I do anything to help?" he asked desperately. Madame Pomfrey looked at him hesitatingly.

"What you can do is help her try to remember things. Treat her like you would any other day. Show her around. See if she can remember anything at all," she suggested, wrapping a gauze around Harry's leg.

For the next few days, Harry had stayed in the Hospital Wing. All the while watching Hermione to see any signs of her waking up. But no such luck.

Harry slowly walked over to Hermione and sat down next to her, hearing the bend springs bounce. He took her had in his and kissed it.

"Hermione. Hermione, if you can hear me, just listen. Please wake up. I don't want you in this place. I want you outside with me. Maybe go flying with me. Anywhere but here. But I have to make you understand about what happened in Malfoy Manor. That was a lie, Mione. I never kissed Cho. Unless you count the time in 5th year. And she kissed me. It was just a lie. She must have used Polyjuice Potion or something because I would never due such a thing to you. Ever. You mean the world to me and I would go to the ends of the Earth to be with you. Just please, Open your eyes," Harry pleaded in a soft and gentle voice.

"Harry," a firm voice interrupted. He turned around and saw Professor Dumbledore standing at the doorway.

"Oh, hello Professor," Harry greeted with a weak smile.

"Ah, I see you are very concerned with Hermione. This reminds me so much of what happened between your parents," Albus said with a twinkle in his pale blue eyes.

"What?" Harry asked.

"Well, Miss Evans was with James of course. But a certain Ravenclaw had gotten on a rage rampage. Feeling th jealously swell up, she did everything in her power to separate James and Lily. She had had the last straw and cursed Lily. The outcome of course was that she lost her memory," Professor Dumbledore explained.

"And who was that?"

"Her name was Evelyn Ariel Chang," the headmaster answered with a smile. Harry's eyes widened.

"Unbelievable," he whispered, kissing Hermione's temple.

"Do you know why Hermione had come back to life? But not for long. It was your love for her. The love in which helped Lily grow. You see, these fairies are very rare. They grow instead of staying small like most. But they grow faster because of their parent's love for them and each other," Albus smiled.

"So that's why Lily was thirteen. She was so powerful. I mean, I've never seen a fairy that strong," Harry spoke. He turned around to see that no one was there. Harry sighed and turned back to Hermione.

Harry closed his eyes.

*FLASHBACK*

"Ennervate!" Voldemort cast. Hermione's eyes slowly fluttered open. When she saw Harry, she looked away.

"Hermione? Wh-Why won't you look at me? It's me, Harry," he said.

"You have broken this young girl's heart, Potter," Voldemort grinned evilly.

He waved his wand and a moving picture appeared on the wall.

It replayed the scene where Cho was smiling evilly in front of Hermione as Harry and Cho kissed. Harry's eyes widened.

"HERMIONE! THAT NEVER HAPPENED!" Harry pleaded.

"I can't deny of what I saw," Hermione whispered.

"Cho means nothing to me!" he said truthfully.

"And I don't either. Please, kill me now," Hermione wished.

"NO! Please, Hermione. You mean the world to me," he begged.

"Good bye, Mudblood!" Cho laughed.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" she cursed as the green beam of light hit Hermione.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Tears streamed down his face and onto the blankets.

"Oh, Hermione. Please wake up. I want to hold you in my arms. But even if you get your memory back, you won't let me. Mione, Cho means nothing to me. I know you might not believe it, but it's true," Harry cried softly.

Suddenly, he felt Hermione grip his hand. He looked at her hopefully and smiled. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at him.

"Oh, Hermione! I thought I lost you!" he exclaimed, embracing her tightly. She pushed him back slightly and gave him a confused look. He returned it.

"Who's Hermione? And who are you?" she asked, looking at him.

A/N: I'm unbelievably sorry for updating so late. But it's been hectic. A lot of stress really. But don't worry. I will continue to update every week like I had promised no matter what. And I hope you can still read my stories.