Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Care of Magical Fairies

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 2: Messes and Baths

Harry sat in the Common Room, sitting against the couch as he cradled Lily in his arms. She lightly sucked on her thumb sleepily. Harry smiled and kissed her forehead. He saw her smile and giggle quietly.

Three chimes could be heard throughout the Gryffindor Tower. Hermione yawned and stopped when she saw a light coming from the Common Room. She put her robe on and made her way down silently. Hermione walked over to the couch and was awed by the sight in front of her.

Harry looked up and jumped, startled. "Oh, Hermione. You scared me. You couldn't sleep?" he asked softly. Hermione smiled and replied, "Well, I saw a light coming from the Common Room, so I came to check it out. You couldn't sleep?"

"This little fairy just doesn't want daddy sleeping," Harry chuckled, looking at her.

"Here. Let me take her. We wouldn't want daddy tired," she whispered taking her from his arms. She sat down next to him and rocked Lily gently. Harry smiled lovingly as Lily fell into a deep slumber. Hermione's eyes drooped slowly, but she felt Harry wrap his arm around her shoulder and pull her against his chest.

"Harry?" she asked sleepily as her head fell on his shoulder.

"I'm here. Don't worry. I won't leave you and Lily," he whispered stroking her hair tenderly. She snuggled into his embrace with Lily in her arms.

"Harry?" she asked softly. Harry looked down at her.

"Yeah, Mione?" he asked back.

"Wouldn't you like to sleep too?" Hermione asked. Harry thought about it.

"Surprisingly, I do feel a bit sleepy. Just get some sleep. You need to get more beautiful," he flirted. Hermione blushed deeply and stared up at him.

"Since when did you become a flirt?" she whispered. He smiled.

"Since I met you," he answered kissing her forehead. She giggled softly.

"Haaary. . . .," she whined playfully. Hermione tucked her head under his chin and nuzzled his neck gently. He fought back a groan of approval. She closed her eyes and soon fell asleep.

Harry looked down at her to find her breathing softly. He smiled and placed an arm under her knees and picked her up gently. He carried her up to her room and laid her under the covers. He took Lily from her arms and placed her in the crib that was placed in her room after they got Lily. He turned the mobile on as it sounded the song, "Mary Had a Little Lamb." Then Harry chuckled as he saw Lily grab her stuffed dragon.

"Goodnight, Lily," he wished, kissing her on her on the forehead. He walked over to Hermione and kissed her cheek.

"Goodnights to you too, Mione," Harry whispered as he turned to leave. Then something caught his eye. On her night table, which was right next to her bed, there was a framed picture of her with him. They were both smiling while he had his arms around her waist and his chin on her shoulder.

"That was in 5th year," Harry murmured running his fingers over the glass. He smiled widely and tiptoed out.

The next day, Hermione woke up to see Harry looking intently at her. She shrieked.

"Harry!" she squealed.

"Yes, Mione?" he asked, innocently.

"How long have you been there?" she asked clutching her heart as she tried to catch her breath. He looked at his watch. "Since, six-thirty," he answered. Her eyes widened.

"You've been here for two and a half hours?!" she asked incredulously. He shrugged and nodded with a gentle smile.

"Let me get dressed," Hermione said, getting up and grabbing some clothes. She ran into the bathroom as Harry heard water running. Then he heard sniffling behind him.

Harry turned around and walked to Lily's crib. Lily was slowly waking up and saw Harry. She laughed and stretched her arms to try and reach him. Harry smiled and picked her up in his arms. "Let's get you changed," he chuckled.

A few minutes later, Hermione came out of the bathroom, looking refreshed and relaxed. She looked around to find Harry sitting on her bed, cradling Lily.

"Mione, it's 12:45! You spent more than three hours in the bathroom!" Harry exclaimed. Hermione blushed.

"I'm sorry. I lost track of time," Hermione apologized. Harry winked and smiled.

"Come on. I'm hungry. Let's go to the kitchens," Harry suggested, getting up with Lily and holding out his hand. Hermione smiled and clasped hers around his as they made their way downstairs.

"Harry Potter!" Dobby exclaimed as they entered.

"Hi, Dobby. We just came to see if there was anything to eat," Harry smiled gently.

"Dobby is honored! Harry Potter can have anything he want! And so can Harry Potter's special friend!" he exclaimed as Hermione blushed slightly.

"Thanks Dobby," Harry said as they looked around for something.

Lily saw a pumpkin pie on the table and wiggled toward it.

"All right, Lils. We'll have some pumpkin pie," he grinned taking it as he handed Lily over to Hermione. He grabbed a can of whip cream and went to the Great Hall.

Hermione cut a piece of the pie and gave it to Harry. Then she cut one for herself.

"Want some whip cream?" he asked. She smiled and nodded. He sprayed some on her piece and some on his.

Hermione smiled and cut a tiny piece to feed Lily. She giggled and took the whipped cream can. Accidently, Lily sprayed the whipped cream at Harry. He spluttered and whipped the cream from his glasses. Then he heard Hermione laughing.

Harry playfully glared at her. "Think that was funny? Well how about this?" he asked taking the can and spraying her in the face.

"HARRY!" she squealed as she took the can and began to spray him more.

Lily watched as her parents kept on getting messier. She laughed. Harry and Hermione stopped and looked at her.

"Lily wants to be messy too," Harry grinned as he took the cream and sprayed her all over.

"Harry! She doesn't need to be messy too," Hermione scolded, even though she thought it was funny as well.

She burst out laughing as Harry pretended that the whipped cream was shampoo and scrubbed it through Lily small curls.

After a few more minutes, all three of them were covered in whipped cream from head to toe.

Hermione took out her wand and muttered a spell. Instantly, Harry and her clothes were clean. They looked at Lily to find her still messy.

"Why didn't it work for her?" Harry asked.

"I have no clue. I guess we'll have to clean her the old Muggle way," Hermione giggled. She summoned a towel and wrapped Lily up in it.

"Come on, little one. Time for a bath," Hermione smiled. Harry wrapped an arm around her shoulders and walked with her up to the Prefects bathroom.

Hermione turned the water on and put some bubbles in the bath tub. Harry undressed Lily and placed her in the bath. Lily giggled and splashed the water at Harry. He covered in face and splashed at Lily.

Hermione smiled and put some shampoo in Lily's hair. She gently scrubbed Lily's scalp as Harry played with her.

"It's funny," Harry mumbled.

"What's funny?" Hermione asked.

"Giving her bath. I mean, I've never really taken care of a baby. Let alone one that's my-our child," he answered playing with Lily's fingers.

"Oh. It a bit of work, but you enjoy it soon enough," Hermione said as she rinsed out the shampoo from Lily hair.

Harry started to wash Lily off with more water as Hermione got a fresh towel. Lily sneezed.

"We'd better get you out before you catch a cold," Harry said as he wrapped the towel around her and carried her out of the bathroom.

Hermione put some clothes on Lily and dried her hair.

By the time everything was cleaned up, Harry and Hermione were exhausted. They collapsed on the bed and closed their eyes. Lily climbed between her parents and made herself comfortable. Harry and Hermione smiled before placing an arm around Lily. Soon, they fell into a dreamy slumber.

A/N: Hi. LOL. Finally, I got to update my story. Now, I know, everyone is saying things like that I'm stealing plots. I am not. I have been writing stories all my life. When I didn't have a computer, I used to write my stories at the library. A long time ago, and I mean an long time ago, I posted these fics on FF.NET. But I got millions of flames, so I removed my story and abandoned my old pen name. So please stop insinuating conclusions without getting the whole story. Please review. Thank you for your consideration.