Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Care of Magical Creatures

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 3: Big Mistake

Harry sat the Great Hall eating breakfast while he was talking to Ron. Hermione was in her room, taking care of Lily. Harry had wanted to help, but she just made him go eat on account of that he was desperately hungry.

"So, Harry, when are you going to admit your feelings to Hermione?" Lavender asked beside Ron. Harry's eyes widened.

"What are you guys talking about?" he asked. Ron rolled eyes. "Oh come off it. The whole school knows you two are in love," Ron laughed. Harry shook his head.

"I have no feelings for Hermione. And never will," he yelled, uneasily. The hall silenced as Ron and Lavender gasped. There was a faint sniffling behind Harry.

Fearfully, he turned around and came face-to-face with Hermione. Her head bowed as her hair covered her eyes. She had a sleeping Lily in her arms.

"Well, Harry, I had to go do something and thought you wouldn't mind taking care of Lily," she whispered, her voice quivered.

"Hermione, I-," he was cut off by her.

"Don't. I need to go somewhere. Anywhere, but here," she cried, placing Lily in his arms and running out with her hands over her face.

"That was a big mistake mate," Ron murmured, sadly. Harry sat there, frozen and heartbroken. The hall was still silenced and an uncomfortable aura surround Harry. He got up and ran in the direction of Hermione.

Hermione whispered a locking charm on her door and collapsed against the door. She cried desperately into her hands as her heart shattered. She had heard it from Harry, himself, that he would never love her.

A faint knock came at the door.

"Hermione?" Harry's voice called softly. She remained silent.

"Hermione, please. Open the door. We need to talk," Harry begged. Tears leaked from her eyes.

"There's nothing to talk about," she replied.

"Yes there is! Please, Hermione. We have to straighten things out. I can't stand you being mad at me," he whispered.

Hermione couldn't stand it anymore. She just wanted to die. She walked over to the balcony and climbed onto the ledge.

She could hear Harry mumble, "Alohomora." She spread her arms out and prepared to fall.

"HERMIONE!" Harry yelled, after he placed Lily in her crib. She stumbled and slipped. Hermione screamed. Harry grabbed her hand.

"Hermione, hold on," Harry said. Hermione's head was bowed down and made no move to hold on. Slowly, finger by finger, she slipped away from him.

"Goodbye," she whispered as she fell to her death.

"HERMIONE! NO!" Harry cried. He heard her hit the ground as her bones cracked. He slid down to the floor and cried.

"Hermione, no. This can't be happening. I've lost her. Forever," Harry whispered as he closed his eyes.

"I'll always be by your side," Hermione's faint voice floated through the air and into his ears followed by a soft giggle from her. And then nothing could be heard, but the sounds of Harry's cries.

A/N: I am sooooooooo sorry this is short. But I was in the mood to make a cliffy. Please enjoy. I know all of you who love this story will love the next chapter. Please review. No flames, please.