Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Care of Magical Fairies

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 13: Reacquainted

Two days later, Hermione was released from the Hospital Wing. She was a bit hesitant at first, but Harry and encouraged her.

"Come on Hermione! Everyone is waiting for you in the Common Room!" Harry exclaimed, kissing her knuckles. Hermione blushed. The relationship was still new to her and she couldn't help but be shy.

"I don't know about this Harry. I mean, what if they all think I'm crazy?" she asked. Harry snorted. She gave him a puzzled look.

"Hermione, everyone knows what happened. They're not going to think you're insane or emotionally unstable," he laughed. Hermione pouted.

"You're evil, Potter," she twitched. Harry shook his head and dragged her out of the Hospital Wing.

But suddenly when Hermione and Harry got to the moving stair cases, she freaked.

"Ha-Harry! What if it moves and I slip or something?" she quivered. Harry squeezed her hand.

"I would never let you fal," Harry smiled as he gave her a peck on the forehead. Hermione turned pink and gripped his arm. Harry grinned and climbed the stairs, with a deathly scared Hermione at his side.

As they got to the Gryffindor Tower, Harry's grin widened as Hermione's eyes widened at the sign above the Fat Lady. It read 'WE MISSED YOU HERMY!'

"Oh my," she muttered placing her mouth with her hand.

"Well are you just going to stand there or go in?" the Fat Lady asked impatiently. Clearly, she was a bit peeved off.

Hermione shrieked before hiding behind Harry. He gave her another kiss before he placed his hands over her eyes.

"No peeking," Harry smirked as he told the password (A/N: Dibalo Fublo) to the Fat Lady. The portrait flipped open and Harry helped Hermione into the Common Room. When he got in, the room lit up with small fireworks. His arms fell as Hermione gasped.

"WELCOME BACK HERMIONE!" All the Gryffindors greeted happily. She shrieked with surprise as she read the banner enchanted in the air saying, 'OUR BOOKWORM IS BACK!'

"Hermione! Are you all right?" Ginny asked concerned.

"Umm, fine. Thanks," Hermione said slowly, not recognizing the redheaded girl.

"MUM!" Lily's voice squealed as she ran to her mother. She laughed as she picked up the brown-haired child. Harry wrapped an arm around Hermione's shoulder.

"Oh Hermione! Lily's been such an angel!" Parvati exclaimed, stroking Lily's ringlets roughly. The little girl flinched. Hermione moved away slightly, not wanting to insult Parvati.

"We thought you were a goner," Fred and George's heads popped out from the crowd of Gryffindors.

"No. I wasn't. Thanks for your concern," she replied with a smile. She turned to Harry and gave him a sad look.

"I'll tell you who everyone is later. But you should be getting to know them better. After all, they are your friends. Here, let me have Lily," Harry insisted, hoisting Lily into his arms. He watched as Hermione blended in with the load of Gryffindors while Harry brought Lily to his room to talk.

"Now, little Lily. Tell me what it was about with what happened at the Malfoy Manor. You were thirteen. But the last time you were with your mother and I, you were only nine. Now tell me how that is," Harry smirked at Lily's innocent face.

"Well, I guess it was when I was with Uncle Ron and Aunt Lavender. When Mum got hurt something hurt me. I don't know. But then, something warm went through my body. And my body started to change. Then like that, I was thirteen," she explained. Her father sat down next to her and let her lean against him.

"I'm supposing it was because of my love for her. Once, Professor Dumbledore, more known as Grandpa to you. When I was still a baby, Voldemort killed my parents. But he didn't kill me because of my mother's love for me. Her love protected me. And it seems that my love for your mum somehow aged you. You were brave out there sweetheart," Harry explained softly, brushing his fingers through her hair. She stayed quiet.

"Lils?" he whispered, shaking her a bit. He looked down at her and found her eyes closed and fast asleep. Harry smiled at her before tucking her into his bed. The door creaked open as Harry turned to see Hermione.

"Hey," she greeted with a smile.

"Hey," he replied, beckoning her to come over. Cautiously, Hermione walked over and when she was about to sit down, Harry pulled her gently onto his lap. She blushed and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Is the party already over?" he asked.

"Of course not. Fred and George were pretending to strip on the table. Frankly, everyone was amused. Especially these two girls by the name of Angelina and Alicia," Hermione answered putting a finger to her chin.

"Their girlfriends," Harry laughed. Soon he nuzzled her neck slowly and planted a gentle kiss.

"Mione, I've missed you. I was so worried about you," he whispered.

"I'm sorry I don't remember anything. It's all still fuzzy in my mind. I hope I remember everything soon," she replied sadly. Harry pulled her close.

"Don't worry, love. You remember. Just try to get used to things. On lighter things, did you see Ron?" Harry said.

"You mean that tall redheaded boy snogging a blonde-haired girl?" Hermione asked back. Harry laughed.

Yeah. That blonde girl was Lavender. And that was Ron's girlfriend. So I see you've met basically most of the Gryffindors," Harry kissed her softly.

"But I want to know you more, Harry," she whispered kissing back with a fluttering of her eyes.

"Hermione, I never want to lose you. Promise you will never do anything like that again," he shuddered. Hermione pulled his face to look into her eyes.

"I promise Harry. But I feel like everything is going to turn out really good. May I ask you something?" she replied.

A/N: I know you guys hate me now! It's not a major cliffy, but you'll be learning something major about Lily. I'm so sorry it's so short. It's bloody writer's block. I'm sorry. I hope to update and get a better and longer chapter next time. Thanks for sticking with me. Oh yeah, if you want to shoot me for my lack of more writing in this chapter you can.