Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Care of Magical Fairies

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 14: Fun and Games

"What is it Hermione?" Harry asked, wrinkling his forehead in concern.

"If Lily's a fairy and not our real child, what will happen after the school year is over?" Hermione questioned sadly. Harry's eyes widened, never thinking what would happen to Lilian.

"I-I don't know, love. I never put any thought into the matter. I didn't think I would get attached to Lily so much. I love her as if she really was our daughter," he whispered.

"What if she dies Harry! We can't just let them do that!" Hermione cried silently.

"Hermione! Professor Dumbledore would never allow something like that. He's an understanding person. I'm sure he has reason. But how about we go ask Hagrid about the fairies tomorrow?" Harry asked her with a slight smile. She looked at him and pulled him close to her.

"Oh Harry! That would be grand! D-Do you think they would ever let us ke-keep Lil-Lily?" she replied hesitatingly. Harry grinned at her.

"I think it'd be a lovely idea coming from your angelic mind, sweetheart," he smiled giving her soft kisses. She felt herself blushing from the neck up.

"Let Lily sleep. We should go down to the Common Room and enjoy the rest of the party," Harry suggested, kissing Lily's forehead and heading down to the red-colored room with Hermione behind him.

"The lovebirds are back! Where have you two been? Tsk, tsk, tsk, that's not setting a good example for the children!" Fred joked , pointing at Ron's head while he wasn't looking. Harry bit back a chuckle.

"I could say the same for you Fred. You too, George! Pretending to strip on the damn table!" Angelina scolded.

"Well you seemed to enjoy it, Angie," George teased which sent Alicia into a fit of giggles.

"Look who's laughing? You have some nerve Alicia! You were goggling at them too!" Angelina huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. Alicia blushed until she was as red as a tomato.

"Does anyone else want a Pepper Imp?" Seamus poked his head up from behind the couch with the Gryffindor necktie around his head.

"Hand one over Seamus! I haven't had one in ages," Harry grinned, taking a bottle and gulping it down, feeling the warmth of the drink shoot throughout his body.

"Want some jellybeans, Herms?" Ron smiled innocently, handing her a bag. She eyed him suspiciously.

"What kind of jellybeans?" Hermione asked. Ron shrugged as she plucked a yellow one and flicked it into her mouth. Suddenly a shock bubbled her stomach and a purr came out. She covered her mouth as everyone turned to look at her.

Hermione uncovered her mouth and opened it to say something, but then a soft meow came out. Harry gave her a mischievous smile before taking a bean and popping it into his mouth before a growl came out, sounding like a wolf. Then he howled.

"GO HERMIONE!" George cheered giddily as Harry continued to howl. Hermione hissed at him before pouncing on Harry. Caught off guard, Harry stumbled onto one of the chairs with her on top of him. Most of the Gryffindor boys were whistling and hooting for Harry as the girls looked at the boys in disgust and pity.

The brown-eyed girl realized how her current position must have looked and quickly scrambled off of Harry while dusting herself.

"Getting a bit fierce there, eh?" Harry winked teasingly. Hermione glared at him and rolled her eyes in pity as she laughed.

"Auntie Hermy!" a boy's voice shrieked as she found a small boy with his arms wrapped her waist and his head buried in her stomach.

"Hello, and who are you?" Hermione asked softly while brushing her hand through his hair.

"Auntie Hermy? You don't remember me?" the blond boy asked, his lip trembling.

"Now, Jeremy, you should remember what I told you about Auntie Hermy's condition!" Lavender scolded, giving Hermione an apologetic look.

"Lavender, it's all right. Now, sweetie, what's your name?" she asked him, bending down to eye level with him.

"Jeremy Matthew Weasley," he said proudly.

"Oh, what a cutie you are. I'm surprised you haven't kissed Lily yet, dear. I think she's quite fond of you," Hermione teased. Jeremy's ears were tinted red as he bent his head down.

Behind Hermione, Harry was gaping at what he had just heard.

"Hermione! They're only nine-years-old for Merlin's sake!" he exclaimed, obviously showing father overprotectiveness.

"Love, loosen up a bit. What happened to my wolf?" she giggled, kissing him on the cheek.

"Now Jeremy, are you Lily's best friend?" Hermione asked him. He nodded shyly, his hands held behind his back.

"You're a sweetie. Good thing you didn't earn your father's traits," she teased, glancing at Ron's red head.

"Hey, I heard that!" he yelled.

"Compliments to the mother. He's a cute boy," she laughed with Lavender.

"Let's get the party started! Again!" Fred and George said together as total chaos ensued through the Common Room.

{NEXT DAY}

Harry groaned softly as he tried to move his left arm, but found it very numb. He winced before opening his eyes and looking to see Hermione with her head laid comfortably on his arm with her arm and leg across his body. He turned his head and slowly slipped his arm from Hermione, letting her head fall softly onto his head as he grabbed a pillow and slipped it under. Hermione shifted around a bit before going still again.

He smiled before glancing around and finding most of the Gryffindors sprawled all over the Common Room, obviously tired out from the party last night.

"Daddy?" a hoarse voice called. Harry turned around and spotted Lily, who was in one of his Quidditch tee-shirts. It reached her ankles and Snitch was curved over the front and back.

"How did you get my shirt, sweetheart?" he asked, picking her up and into her arms. He felt her chin drop onto his shoulder and yawn deeply.

"I wanted something more comfy. And I went into your clothes and put this one on. I hope you're not mad daddy," Lily yawned again.

"Of course not, honey. Why don't you get a bit more sleep. I'm going to be gone for a bit, but when I come back, how about we spend the day together? Just you and me?" Harry suggested.

"What about mommy?" she asked.

"I'll take care of that too," Harry replied tucking her into bed again.

"Okay daddy," Lily nodded before drifting to sleep again.

Harry smiled before taking a shower and slipping into a new pair of clothes. He stretched a bit before running from the Gryffindor Tower to Professor Dumbledore's office.

He came to the gargoyle before muttering, 'String Sweets'. The gargoyle sprung to life before it opened and Harry stepped inside.

As he made his way into Dumbledore's office, he thought of the many outcomes that could happen.

"Professor?" he called, silently looking around to see if he was there or not.

"Harry? Why good morning. Care for a lemon drop?" Albus asked. Harry shook his head and declined politely.

"Professor, I wanted to know what would happen to the fairies after the project was finished for Care of Magical Creatures," Harry said softly.

"Well Harry. I haven't spoken to Hagrid yet. Seeming as there's one month left of school, but I would be talking to him soon. Why don't you go down to the lake and ask him?" Albus suggested with a smile.

"Thanks anyway, Professor," he smiled back before leaving the hidden office and down to his favorite half-giant's hut. Hagrid seemed to be standing in the lake with his pant legs folded up while throwing rocks into the lake.

"Umm, Hagrid, am I bothering you?" Harry asked slowly, watching him chuck large rocks into the water with a big splash.

"No o' course not! I was jus' think' 'bout the fairies 'Arry," he said in his accent.

"That was what I wanted to talk to you about. What is going to happen to the fairies after the project is done?"

"'Arry, there's somethin' you gots to under stand 'bout that. I know you've grown attached to Lils' there. Bu' at the end of the project, the fairies are suppose' to be let go. Stupid Fudge. Think's the fairies are goin' to attack the school. Loads of majo' cods wallop if you ask' me," Hagrid huffed, chucking another rock at the lake.

"What if some of the students choose to keep the fairies?" he questioned.

"Well, that's the bad part," Hagrid burst into tears as Harry watched in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"If the students are to keep the fairies, Lucius Malfoy talked to Fudge and they're agreeing to kill the fairies if we don't let' em' go," More tears appeared to be running down his cheeks.

Harry could have sworn he fell over.

A/N: Sucked, didn't it? LOL. I'm sorry if it left a bit of a cliffy. I'm sorry that it was so short, but I'm a girl who's short. LOL. I know it may seem that the "killing fairies" idea is insane, but you gotta admit, it's a twist. Some of the parts are in relation to the Prisoner of Azkaban movie. I hope you all liked it! Please be nice and don't flame. Thank you!