Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

A/N: As I said in my last chapter I know the "killing fairies" idea is a bit rash, but it's a style I go with. It adds major twist and you know how Lucius is!

Care of Magical Fairies

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 15: Day With Daddy and Eavesdropping

"WHY THE HELL DO THEY WANT KILL THE FAIRIES?!" Ron exclaimed, his face red.

"Someway or another, Malfoy's father thinks that the fairies are a damn threat to Hogwarts," Harry said quietly as he heard the sobs of Lavender.

"Th-They can't tak-take my bo-boy away fr-fr-from me," she hiccuped as Ron comforted her.

"Quiet down you two! Hermione doesn't know yet. I'm going to tell her tonight, so don't say anything. This is as hard as it is," he shushed, motioning his finger to his mouth.

"I'll see you two later. I promised I'd spend the day with Lily. Remember, don't say anything," Harry told before running up to his room and knocking the door.

"Who's there?" Lily's voice asked.

"Your Daddy," Harry chuckled.

"Daddy!" she squealed before running over to the door and opening it.

He grabbed her around the waist and swung her around, hearing her fits of giggles.

"How's my baby girl doing?" Harry asked when he noticed bits of her hair were in braids tied with pink and red ribbons.

"Your baby girl is doing well. Thank you Daddy. Do you like my new hair?" she asked.

"Yes, honey. It's beautiful. Of course you're beautiful like your mum," Harry replied with a kiss on the cheek.

"Mommy did my hair!" Lily exclaimed, pointing at Hermione who was sitting on his bed. He smiled before walking over and giving her a good morning kiss.

"How are you?" he asked.

"I'm all right. And you?" Hermione asked back.

"Well, I'm as okay as can be. I need to talk to you tonight. Meet me in the Common Room at midnight," Harry whispered in her ear, but Lily heard. Hermione nodded slowly.

"Now, is my Lily ready to spend the day with her dad?" Harry asked.

"Yes Daddy!" Lily answered, bouncing in his arms.

Harry laughed before giving Hermione a long lingering kiss before walking out.

"Daddy, can we go outside?" Lily asked, her eyes twinkling with delight. Even though she had Harry's eyes, she had Hermione's irresistible sparkle which Harry could never object to.

"Of course. Now come on!" he yelled before throwing her onto his shoulders and running our as he heard her shrieks.

"Daddy! You run really fast!" Lily exclaimed as she gripped Harry's hair tightly, in fear of falling off, which Harry would never do.

"I'm sorry baby doll. Now did you want to show me something?" Harry asked in a baby voice.

"Yes! Watch what I can do!" Lily silenced him when wings fluttered from behind her back. Harry was astounded. The wings were of one like a dragonfly's. Her wings shined with different colors. Lily grinned before flapping her wings and twirling in the air.

"Lily! When did you learn how to fly?" Harry asked in a slight daze.

"Mommy taught me. You were always busy, so I asked mommy. She's great at flying," Lily stated, flying in circles. Harry's eyes widened.

"Your mother knows how to fly? She was always afraid since that accident with Neville in first year," Harry murmured with his chin in hand.

"Mommy learned to fly with me. She crashed into the ground 3 times. But she healed herself," his daughter informed. Harry frowned slightly.

"Was mommy hurt badly?" he asked worriedly. She shook in her vigorously as she landed and stood in front of Harry.

"Daddy, can I have a kitten?" Lily wished with a pout.

"A kitten? Your mother would like that. You know about Crookshanks. What kind of kitten would you like?"

"Umm, well I have one in mind," Lily said nervously as a kitten jumped from behind a rock and rubbed herself against Harry's leg, purring.

She was completely white with soft fur. Her ears were peach pink and had a small pink nose.

"Her name is Belle. Can I keep her? Please?" Lily's pleaded with her hands together like she was praying. Harry smiled slightly, picking up Belle and scratching her behind the ears.

"Hermione would love her, Lily. I don't have a problem with her. As long as Hermione approves," he answered with a slight nod.

"Oh thank you Daddy! She's the most cutest thing I've ever seen. Daddy, when is mum going to get better?" she questioned with a furrowed brow.

"She'll be fine in a week or two. You don't need to worry, sweetheart. Everything is going to be perfectly fine," Harry answered before he watched the Giant Squid's tentacles stretched out from the water. Lily nodded before holding back the rest of her questions.

The day went by smooth as can be. Lily had the most best day with Harry. Especially when they had lunch outside. Hermione had joined them and a delicious picnic with sandwiches, salad, and brought their favorite dessert, pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Lily had two pieces while Harry had three. Hermione laughed at the sight of Harry with Ron's appetite.

"Mum, I love you," Lily whispered to Hermione before climbing into her lap. Hermione's eyes watered slightly.

"I love you too, sweetie," she declared, hugging her close. Harry smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist whilst placing his chin on her shoulder.

"Did I ever tell you that you are beautiful?" Harry whispered in her ear as he saw her face warm.

"No, not that I remembered," she replied gently.

"Well, Hermione Jane Granger. You are the most beautiful creature to ever set foot on this planet," he declared confidently. This only made her blush harder. Lily giggled in her mother's lap.

"Mommy is red because of Daddy!" she squealed in happiness.

"Lilian!" Hermione exclaimed as Harry and Lily started laughing. Hermione rolled her eyes at the both of them and shook her head.

"I'm going to see Lavender and Ron. I'll see you two at dinner," Hermione bid as she kissed both of them. She got up and dusted herself before running into the castle.

"I love Mommy and Daddy," Lily squealed hugging Harry around the neck.

"We love you too. With all our hearts sweetie," he smiled, hugging her back.

{THAT NIGHT}

It was past midnight and Lily was in the Common Room, reading by the light of a firefly. Suddenly she heard footsteps and scrambled, putting the jar of fireflies under the couch. She hid near the wall to the Girls dormitories.

"Hermione?" Harry's voice rang. Lily's eyes widened, forgetting that her mother and father were supposed to meet.

"I'm so sorry! I took a bit of while patrolling," Hermione apologized, rushing into the Common Room.

Harry smiled before appearing from under the Invisibility Cloak.

"Hermione, it's all right. I just came here myself," he whispered before pulling her to him and kissing her softly.

"Mmm...Harry. I have something to tell you," Hermione mumbled against his lips.

"What is it?" Harry asked concerned.

"It's nothing bad. But I got the potion! I remember everything!" she squealed.

"But I thought it wasn't supposed to be made until next week," he replied confused.

"Well, Professor Dumbledore managed to pull some strings and I remember! Harry, I love you," Hermione declared, showering him with kisses.

"Mione, I'm glad, but I have to tell you something," he sighed.

"What's wrong? Is it Lily?" she panicked.

"Yes. Hermione, please don't panic. But after the project is finished we have to let them go. But if few want to keep them, then they'll be killed," Harry explained solemnly.

"What?! But Harry!" Hermione said in a shushed whisper.

"I'm sorry. I'm going to do everything to try and stop them. I know you want to keep Lily. And I do too," he replied, crushing her to him and kissing her soothingly.

Lily covered her mouth with her hand and silently ran up to the dorms where Jeremy was.

She shut the door quietly and ran to Jeremy's bed, jumping on it.

"Huh? What? Lily? What are you doing?" Jeremy peeked his head from under the pillows revealing his untidy blonde hair.

"Je-Jeremy," she hiccuped with tears in her eyes.

"Lils? What's wrong? Come here," he asked as she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his shirt.

She blurted everything out as Jeremy listened carefully.

"Jeremy, they can't do this, can they?" she asked.

"Lily, don't cry. I hate it when you do. Nothing is going to happen while I'm around," he whispered hugging her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're my best friend. Don't ever leave me, please," the fairy pleaded.

"I won't," Jeremy promised.

A/N: Yo! Sorry that was just blah! A little cute snippet of Jeremy/Lily at the end. PLEASE BE NICE AND DON'T FLAME! AND PLEASE REVIEW! I need them to survive by!