Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Care of Magical Creatures

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 10: Duel to the Death

"You blasted girl!" Voldemort hissed.

"Lil-Lily?" Harry quivered.

"Don't worry, da-!" she was thrown back when Cho had trampled against her, against the wall.

"Get off me," Lily requested, calmly. Cho smirked.

"You ruined my chances of being with Harry. And so did your stupid mother," she whispered. Lily's eyes flared. A wind blasted Cho away. Wings had erupted from Lily's back that were similar to a dragonfly's, but it was colorful.

"Never insult my mother," she replied with crimson eyes. Lily flew toward Cho and held her against the wall.

Harry watched in amazement. Then Hermione's tattered body shook him from his thoughts. He turned to Voldemort and narrowed his eyes.

"You. You took her away from me! I loved her. And that Death Eater of yours killed her! I'll never forgive you. You don't deserve anything, but the Dementor's Kiss!" Harry yelled in anger. Voldemort laughed.

"Do you think those words scare me, Potter? Well, think again. I'm more powerful than you will ever be," he smiled evilly.

"We'll see about that. Let's duel, Riddle!" Harry demanded, saying his old name.

"Never call me that Muggle name! IINCENDIO!" he cursed.

Flames surrounded Harry as he jumped. "REDUCTO!"

Voldemort was pushed back and stumbled. This was his chance. "EXPELLIARMUS!" Voldemort's wand flew to him. A thought shook his mind.

'That seemed easy. A bit too easy,' he thought suspiciously.

"DAD! LOOK OUT!" Lily warned. Harry's head shot up as he saw a light coming at him.

He collapsed on the floor withering in pain. Harry looked at Voldemort to see him walking towards him throwing a wand up and down in his hand.

"You think I'd be easy to beat? I'm not stupid," Voldemort smiled. Harry slowing stood up, wobbling.

"You're nothing but a fairy. You can never beat a witch," Cho hissed.

"Never say never. I'm a daughter of a witch. And she's more powerful than you," Lily smiled.

"Never! Don't you understand? If Hermione wasn't in the picture I would have been with Harry. And I would have been able to marry him. But that wretched girl ruined it. She was the one thing that was in the way," Cho replied venomously.

"You have no right to talk about my mother like that! She loves my father and I want nothing more than to let them be happy! You killed my mother. And for that, you'll pay with your own life," the little girl declared.

"Like that will happen," she replied, grinning.

Lily held her finger up and a little lit emitted from it. It turned into a flame and she shot it at Cho. She jumped.

"Is that all you can do?" she laughed. But then the ground blasted Cho to the floor. An "OW!" could be heard.

Cho stood up holding her shoulder that was soaked with blood.

"Don't mess with a Potter," Lily told.

"You little brat. I'll get you for this," Cho promised, pointing her wand at Lily.

"Oh, a stick is pointing at me! I'm so terrified," Lily lied with a look of fear on her face.

"CRUCIO!" Cho yelled, angry. Lily pulled her hand up the beam of light stop. Cho's eyes widened and gasped. Lily flicked her arm and made the beam shoot at Cho. It hit her in the chest and she screamed, fainting. Lily sighed in relief and ran over to her mother.

Hermione was against the wall, her clothes tattered and torn. Dry bloody running down her body. Her head was bowed as she lie there, completely and utterly still.

Lily kneeled next to her and pulled her so that she was in a laying position. Her hand was shaped into a fist. Lily turned to look at Harry as he dueled against Voldemort.

Harry was on the ground, his scar glowing blood red. He winced in pain as the pressure in his head became unbearable.

"Can't take the pain, Potter?" Voldemort laughed.

"Ha. I can take more pain than this," Harry laughed quite sourly.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Voldemort yelled angrily. Harry dodged and found himself against the wall.

Lily's eyes widened. She raised her hands and aimed for Voldemort. "VOLDEMORT! NEVER HARM MY PARENTS!" she screamed as fireballs shot out from her hand and toward him. He smiled and moved so quickly that Lily didn't even see him. He was in front of her and holding her throat.

"G-Get away from he-her," Harry choked as he tried to get up.

"Foolish girl. No one gets in my way," the Dark Lord stated, tightening his grip on Lily's throat. She coughed as she tried to get in air. She tried to kick him away, but failed.

Suddenly, Voldemort's eyes closed and he fell back. Lily turned to see Hermione standing before she collapsed on the ground.

Harry's eyes widened. Hermione had raised a dagger in her hand and stab it through Voldemort's back.

"Avada Kedavra," he whispered, pointing his wand at Voldemort. A green light shot toward him and he disappeared through millions of lights.

A/N: I'm entirely sorry that I have a short chapter for all of you this week. Please forgive me. I have been very busy lately and haven't had time to write. I must thank you all for sticking with me through all my stories. Please review.