Unofficial Portkey Archive

Care of Magical Fairies by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Care of Magical Fairies

Hermione Potter

Care of Magical Fairies

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 12: Lost Memories

Harry stared at Hermione in shock.

"You're Hermione. And I'm Harry. Oh no. You've lost your memory. This can't be happening," he whispered, gripping her hand.

"M-My name is He-Hermione? But I don't remember anything. What is this place?" she asked, looking around.

"This is Hogwarts, Mione. And you're in the Hospital Wing. You know, the Wizarding World?" Harry whispered. She shook her head.

"Oh, Mione," he sobbed, falling forward and wrapping her in his arms. She looked down at him, her face gentle.

"There, there. This isn't something to cry about," Hermione soothed, rubbing his back gently.

"You were unconscious for so long. I didn't think you'd wake up, Hermione," he whispered, lowering his lips to hers.

She sat there shocked, but soon closed her eyes and sunk into the warm kiss.

"MUM!" a nine-year-old Lily exclaimed, running in with ushered tears and hugging Hermione.

Hermione blinked confusingly and looked down at the little girl.

"Who are you?" she asked. Lily looked up at her mother tearfully. Hermione frowned guiltily.

"Lily, honey, your mother lost her memory. Everything's going to be okay," Harry brushed his fingers through Lily's hair. Hermione stared at Harry as he comforted the little girl. Suddenly, realization hit her.

"D-Did she call me mum?" Hermione asked. Harry looked into her eyes.

"Yes. She's our daughter. It's a year-around project that we were assigned to. She's a fairy," he smiled softly.

"Oh, you're a beautiful girl. She has your eyes. . . .Harry," she trailed. Harry's eyes widened.

"You remembered my name. That's great!" he grinned. Hermione smiled and turned her eyes to Lily.

"Come here cupcake," Hermione beckoned using a pet name.

Hesitatingly, Lily climbed into Hermione's lap and felt her hand brushing through Lily's locks.

"My, such soft hair, you have. And how old are you?" she asked.

"I'm nine, mum. I have your hair," Lily whispered, burying her face in Hermione's neck. She stroked her daughter's hair. Soon, Lily fell into a dreamless sleep.

"You're wonderful with her, you know," Harry interrupted quietly. Hermione looked at him.

"You seem to be too. My name is Hermione, right?" she asked.

"Hermione Jane Granger," he answered. Hermione's mouth formed an "O".

"Can you tell me about this Hogwarts?" Hermione questioned embarrassed. Harry chuckled. He kissed her the side of her head and told her yes.

"Miss Granger! You're awake. The young man has been worried sick. Risking food and sleep," Madame Pomfrey tusked, referring to Harry. Hermione stared at Harry in awe. 'He really cares about me. And I don't remember anything about him.' she thought sadly.

When Madame Pomfrey left, Harry smiled loving at Hermione before she pulled his face to hers and gave him a long sweet kiss.

"What was that for?" he asked breathlessly.

"You stayed all that time, and I don't even remember anything about you," she muttered. Harry sighed softly and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and held her close to him.

"You're going to be all right, love. There's nothing wrong. We'll just get to know each other again. I love you," Harry whispered in her ear. Shivers slid up her spine from his warm breath.

Harry felt her shiver and gripped her closer. "Are you cold?" Harry asked, getting another blanket and wrapping it around her shoulders along with his arm again.

"No, it's just I feel like I've already known you my whole life. I feel terrible that I don't remember a thing about you," Hermione admitted sadly.

"Hey, it's not your fault. You'll remember everything in a few weeks. Trust me," he grinned. Hermione blinked at him puzzled.

"In a few weeks? That's impossible! I won't be able to remember everything!" she exclaimed. Harry chuckled. Hermione obviously forgot that they were in the Wizarding World.

"Hermione, love. We're in the Wizarding World. Magic. Madame Pomfrey will be able to concoct a Remembrance Potion in a few weeks. Once you take a few sips, you'll remember every single thing," he laughed.

"Oh, can you tell me more about this Howarts. I know it may sound silly to silly, bu-," Harry interrupted her.

"It's fine Hermione. Hogwarts is a fantastic place. The teachers are great. Well except Professor Snape. He's the worst. He gives the Gryffindors detention for getting the answer right. Always rewards the Slytherins. Oh, Gryffindor and Slytherin are Hogwarts houses. The students are sorted into four different houses. Gryffindor, which is the best, Slytherin, which is the worst, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. We're Gryffindors. It's fantastic."

"We've been through so much together. You, Ron, and I. Oh, Ron's our best friend. Ronald Weasley. He has a huge family. They all went to Hogwarts. Every single one of them in Gryffindor and red hair." Harry explained. Hermione looked at him.

"And what about your family?" she asked. His eyes darkened and she immediately regretted asking.

"My mother and father were killed when I was one. By Voldemort. He's the Dark Lord. He's killed millions. No one dares to say his name. I didn't have any brothers or sisters. My Godfather, Sirius Black was a convicted murderer. Believed to have killed my parents and a wizard named Peter Pettigrew. But we were wrong. Peter Pettigrew betrayed my parents. He sold them to Voldemort. Sirius is dead because I didn't listen to you. You told us to leave. If I listened to you, he would have been dead!" he said with ushered tears.

Hermione wiped a tear that had slid down his cheek. "I'm sorry," she apologized, giving a gentle kiss on his neck.

"Yo-You've never done that before," he stuttered in disbelief. Hermione blushed. She looked down at the cradled Lily in her arms.

"Lily's such a beautiful and sweet girl," she whispered. Harry buried his face in her hair.

"Yes. Just like you. You're so beautiful. If only you'd believe it," he sighed dramatically. She giggled at him.

"Hermione, when you get your memory back, you might be mad at me," he mumbled.

"What? Why?" she asked.

"Well, Voldemort has been after me all my life. Trying to kill my loved ones to get to me. But you the most now. Voldemort took you and tricked you into thinking I cheated on you with a girl named Cho Chang. She's a pretty girl from Ravenclaw, who I used to have a crush on. But I don't know why I ever liked her. You were right in front of me all this time and I didn't notice you once. You're an amazing woman, Hermione. Amazingly wonderful," Harry whispered compassionately before giving Hermione a deep kiss, leaving her speechless and breathless.

"Oh Harry. I love you," she replied with small tears. Harry's eyes widened in surprise.

"Are you sure you want to say that now? Not that I have a problem with it! But you don't remember anything much and I don't want to pressure you into anything you're not ready for," Harry said quickly.

"I'm perfectly fine. I want to say I love you," Hermione smiled. Harry embraced her tightly.

"I love you too," he declared in her ear.

'Let's just hope you still love me after you take the potion," he thought.

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated this story! LOL. I've been swamped with so many things. But now I can update! I hope you all liked it! And I'm sorry it's not very good! I'm a bit. . . .jet-lagged. LOL. I dunno what it is! Please review!