Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Curse of the Prophecy by quizgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Curse of the Prophecy

quizgirl

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me, like usual. Though that's probably just as well.

Another thing; I'm sorry this chapter is so short, honestly I expected it to be longer. Next chapter you will see what's been happening while Harry has been "away."

Warning: There's some flirt from Bellatrix LeStrange's side in this chapter. I took away the worst part so portkey wouldn't get mad at me, but if you want to see the real version you can visit my fanfiction.net account: http://www.fanfiction.net/~quizgirl

Over to the chapter then!

- .

Ch26: BELLA'S WAY

I love you

And you're crushing my heart

I need you

Please, take me into your arms

When love and death embrace

(When Love and Death Embrace - H.I.M)

Dolohov instantly grabbed Harry's collar tightly and held him there, for some reason Harry did not know. Harry, uncertain of what to do, kept his wand pointed at a shaking and sobbing Percy.

The Aurors held them at wand point too, but they did not dare to fire because of the other boy. Some of them were whispering and pointing at Harry.

"Keep your wand at the boy," ordered Dolohov dangerously and Harry lifted his hand a little higher. Now what? "Move to the right... yes, slowly... we need to get out of here..." then he said to the Aurors, "I'M WARNING YOU! I'LL KILL HIM IF YOU TRY SOMETHING! NOW MOVE ASIDE!" Harry did not know that Dolohov was pointing his wand at him.

Suddenly Percy whispered quietly and quickly so only Harry could hear: "Harry, listen. I don't know what they did to you, but you got to fight it... I'm really sorry for not believing in you last year. Come on, for my family's sake...please... for Ron. Your best friend, remember?"

Harry hesitated as he felt something in the back of his mind struggling to emerge, but no matter how much he wanted to know what the red haired boy was talking about he couldn't remember. However, Percy's words did bring out a memory of the Cruciatus curse and how bad it had felt and he had to close his eyes for a brief second. He didn't want to remember that.

It felt as though he was having a battle inside his head that made his dizzy and that confused him. Dolohov steadied him while slowly guiding him and Percy to the right and out of the crowd.

"When I say now," said the adult Death Eater quietly, "run towards Nockturn Alley. Do you understand?"

"Yes," said Harry obediently, even though running was the last thing he wanted to do at the moment, nor did he really remember exactly where Nockturn Alley was. What the Percy boy had said... it felt important. Harry heard Dolohov whisper a quick Imperio at Percy and told the boy to do the same as he. Harry could see by the way the red haired boy was carrying himself that he did not have control over himself anymore and that the curse had worked.

"Now!"

Even though Harry had prepared himself he was still startled by the high voice and in the hurry he tripped over his feet. Luckily Dolohov caught him by the elbow and yanked him up and Harry regained his footings. Embarrassed he continued to run with his fellow Death Eater and saw several spells shoot past them.

"Protect us," ordered Dolohov urgently to Percy who immediately turned and started to fire curses. Out of the corner of his eye Harry saw one of the spells bounce back to Percy and the boy fell to the ground, blood sprouting out of a deep gash across his chest. Harry quickly tore his eyes away and concentrated on where he had to run, still utterly confused with himself ... he was a Death Eater, a proud follower of the Dark Lord and destined to be his Heir, yet he felt the need to turn around and seek refugee in the crowd among the Aurors! What in the world was wrong with him?

"Look! It's Harry Potter!"

Potter? Harry wondered. Harry Potter? Was that his name? He had never heard his whole name before; the Dark Lord had said it did not matter. However, it mattered for Harry.

Losing his concentration for a moment he almost ran the wrong way, but a quick summoning spell from Dolohov brought him back to his senses. From the left he saw someone pointing a wand at Dolohov, but Harry quickly disarmed him. There weren't enough time to kill, he had to concentrate with getting out.

They sprinted the remaining way to Knockturn Alley; the Aurors at their heels. The other Death Eaters had already used the portkey assigned to them to get out, so the adult Death Eater had to do a side-along apparition with Harry, who swayed in exhaustion. Next time he would make sure he had recovered completely of the potion before he did anything as wild as a raid like the one he had just attended.

-

When he got home he was surprised to find Bellatrix waiting for him. She was wearing a white, silk nightgown that barely reached below her bottom, making her pale skin look like snow. She had brushed her dark, long hair and let it hang loosely around her face, making her look mysterious and wicked. The nightgown seemed to be the only thing she was wearing and he could see her Dark Mark on her arm. Harry halted, wondering what to do about the situation. He knew he had to follow the Dark Lord's instructions, but it felt wrong. Very wrong.

"Hello, Harry," she said in a fake singsong voice, moving closer. Harry backed away until he reached the wall behind him and raised his hands slightly in self-defense.

"Erm, hi," he answered, shuddering in disgust and nervousness when she trailed a long, black painted nail down his chest. He tried to move to the side, but Bellatrix had other plans and placed herself in his way. She wouldn't let him out that easily. Harry grabbed her hands, slightly panicking. It had been a long day and he did not have the energy to do anything more that night except sleep even if he had wanted her.

"What's the matter, Potty?" she asked and he arched his eyebrows in surprise. He thought he had heard Potter back in Diagon Alley.

"Potty?"

Bellatrix seemed to be taken aback for a moment, then she adapted a scared look before she found her mask a second later and looked impassive. "So? I can call you whatever I want."

Harry knew she was lying, but he also knew she would never admit it so he let the subject drop. Instead he said:

"I'm too tired for this now. Surely our Dark Lord can wait one more night?"

She scowled. "You don't know anything, do you? The sooner we get this over with the better it'll be for the both of us."

"I think it'll be better if we wait until I've taken the rest of the potion. It's not like you care about me anyway," said Harry sourly. Why would anyone care about him? As far as he knew nobody had.

"Of course not, but I care about me!" said Bellatrix with a hiss and groaned in frustration. "You'll have to do this sooner or later! Why not now? Don't you find me attractive enough?"

"I know I have to... what?"

"Don't you find me attractive?" she snapped.

Harry stared at her. In all honestly he did not. That woman was way too old and way too pale and way too wicked and crazy for his taste. She was disgusting. No, whoever he ended up with he hoped she was a brilliant witch who did not make too much out of herself. He wanted someone he could sleep next to, one who would support him no matter what and one who was willing to anything for him if necessary ...

Bellatrix seemed to notice his hesitation, because she suddenly threw herself at him. Harry had barely time to see her face coming towards him before he moved. She stumbled for a moment and with a strangled cry he managed to shrug her off.

"What are you doing?!"

"What does it look like I'm doing?! Merlin - you're hopeless!" with an angry snarl Bellatrix slapped him hard, retrieved her cloak and tramped out of the room like a kid who had been denied candy, yelling: "You've probably never been with a woman!"

With a sigh Harry let himself slide down to the floor. What was wrong with him? Why did he act like that? It was only a woman he had met once or twice, it wasn't as though he had any reason to hate her. Why did he doubt his Master's orders? It was not what he had been taught to do...

-

Next day he woke up to a white cloud entering his head. He had never seen that spell before, but somehow he knew that it was a Message spell. Shortly after he saw an image of Bellatrix in his head, who said: "Tell the Dark Lord that we tried if he asks, or he won't be pleased with us. Don't lie though. We will continue after the ritual."

Sighing loudly, he rolled over in his thin bed, briefly hoping that he would get a better one once he was an official Heir.

-

It was time for Harry to take his second potion and he did not look forward to it. He had a feeling that there was more to the potion than the Dark Lord had admitted and he did not have a good feeling about it.

Harry entered the green lit chamber he was ordered to and sat down on a couch made of snake skin and waited restlessly.

The room itself was weird. The walls, floor and roof were black and against one of the walls by the couch where Harry was sitting there was a large, black table with equally black, hard chairs. On the walls he could see several, green torches that sent a sick glow to the room.

Bellatrix, Pettigrew and a man Harry did not know entered the room; the man holding a goblet with the disgusting potion between his hand. Harry wrinkled his nose, remembering the pain he had felt the last time. He truly had a bad feeling about it. Bellatrix ordered Harry to lie down on the couch. He did as he was told and she stroked his hair to the side. He had the feeling she only did it because of the other wizard in the room and because of that he could not protest either. Bellatrix stayed by his side, stroking his hair with cold fingers and sharp nails. Yet she spoke with a surprisingly soft tone:

"The potion will be stronger this time."

Harry peered at the dark silhouette in front of him, looking for something that he could not put his fingers on. He gulped and nodded softly.

The silver goblet was placed to his lips and he obediently took a sip that he had the force down. He had to turn his head slightly to not throw it up.

"Come on now, boy," the unknown man said, pressing the goblet to Harry's lips again. Harry took a new sip. "More boy!"

Harry gasped, something that resulted in a lot more of the content to flow down his throat. "Oh shit..." he moaned and turned to retch. However, Bellatrix was quicker and used a spell that forced Harry to keep the content in his stomach down. She gave him a stern, slightly cruel look.

"Looks like you'll need some help..."

The rest of the goblet was soon down in Harry's stomach and they left him alone after an Immobilizing spell.

Harry could feel the potion work through his body and he felt incredibly sick. Dark and red spots were dancing in front of his eyes and a maniac laughter rang in his ears. Harry closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the full effect to come...

And it did. A hot and sharp pain ripped through his body, making him feel like he was getting beaten up by all of the Dark Lord's followers at once. Even in his frozen form spasms of pain waved through his body, making his arms, legs and chest jerk this way and that. It felt as though his insides changed places and tied knots and his heart clenched so painfully that he could not even breathe...

He would have screamed if he could, but he had no air to scream with. He could feel the potion spread through his veins; making his skin burn. Then, he began to feel himself go cold and numb. He could no longer see, but he heard voices on the background.

"He's worse this time ...fighting against the potion. What shall we do?"

" ... get the Dark Lord ..."

"I ... not a good idea. ... get mad."

"But Rodolphus ... look at ... it's killing him!"

Harry tried to focus on the voices, but even they were fading. It would be so nice to let it all go, he thought. He could no longer feel anything. It would be so easy...

"Lord! You're right! ... to do something."

" ... looks like it's ..."

Harry felt himself slipping into unconsciousness and did not hear anything else except a soft, comforting voice in his head that sounded blissfully familiar:

You're a great wizard, Harry. You really are.

He let it go.

1


-->