Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: This is completely an AU fic. I know I should be working on my other fic but I needed to take a break and had to write this. This is an idea I got from some other fanfics that I read. Its based on the show the Bachelor. I know there have probably been other fics based on this but I haven't read one that mentioned the spy part of the show. In this fic Harry and Hermione are best friends and he has asked Hermione to be his spy on the show. Hopefully nobody has done that before and if they have I'm sorry but there just have been so many fanfics out there that I must have missed it. Hope that everyone enjoys it and please read and REVIEW!!!

The Bachelor: H/hr version (best friend)

Author: heaven85

Chapter 1: Unexpected turn of events

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry potter or any of the other characters in this fic They belong to JK Rowling and this fic is for entertainment purposes only. I also don't own the show The Bachelor and am not affliated in any way to the creators of the show or ABC.

Harry Potter was a tall young man living alone in an apartment in England. He had just gotten back home after a long walk outside and he sees a light on his answering machine indication he had a message. He played it to check for messages.

"Hi this is the executive producer of the show the Bachelor and we are pleased to announced that you Mr. Harry Potter have been selected to be this season's the Bachelor. This season you are also able to pick a female friend of yours to act as a spy for you as well as pretend to be one of the 25 woman contestants on the show. We'll be sending you all the information that you need in a couple of days. Once you have made your decision on who is going to be the spy then let us know so that we can get you set up. Thanks for your cooperation and congratulations." Harry Potter's answering machine bleeped.

"What in hell was that? I never even applied." Harry wondered confused and as if on cue he heard a knock on his room.

"Hey Harry. How are things going for you?" Ron asked cheerfully.

"Something really strange has happened." Harry responded.

"What do you mean? Did something bad happen?" Ron asked feeling worried because with Harry working as an Auror, he saw a lot of bad things happening around him.

"No Ron. Nothing like that." Harry answered realizing what Ron meant.

"Then what is it?" Ron asked relieved.

"Listen to this message." Harry replied simply and played the message for him.

"So what?" Ron asked curiously.

"What do you mean so what? I never entered the contest unless you had something to do with it." Harry asked raising his eyebrow.

"Surprised Harry? Now don't get all pissed at me. Me and some of the guys decided to enter you into the show. We didn't even know if you would get picked." Ron explained.

"Ron, you know I hate the attention. You're supposed to be my best friend. Why would you ever sign me up for those things?" Harry asked.

" I am your best friend Harry. I did this for your own good." Ron answered.

"How do you figure that?" Harry asked exasperated.

"Think about it this way. It has been quite a few years Harry. You're 25. You have hardly dated and there have been dozens of women who would have loved to go out with you in our world." Ron explained.

"They just want to date me because I'm famous, they don't know me." Harry explained defensively.

"Exactly, which is why some of the guys and I decided to apply for you. Think about it this is a muggle television show and nobody would know who you are. You would be just a regular guy and they could get to know you. Its just what you need to help you just get out there and give it a shot." Ron explained.

"I don't know about this. This situation is kind of weird and how did you hear about this show? " Harry replied.

" A friend told me about it because he heard a lot about it when he walked out into muggle England and decided to check it out. I did too and I got hooked. Look on the bright side, one of those women would be someone that you know and trust. You really should give it a shot." Ron added.

"But it's a muggle show Ron. Where am I supposed to say I went to school and what about my job?" Harry asked.

"I didn't really think of that." Ron replied with a shrug.

"You should have thought of that before you entered me." Harry responded turning around.

"How were we supposed to know you would actually get picked huh? This really is an opportunity of a lifetime. Think about it 25 beautiful woman competing for your affections. It would a dream of mine." Ron added.

"That part does sound kind of cool but its actually 24 Ron. One of the woman can be a friend of mine and spy on the other woman for me." Harry admitted.

"That sounds pretty good. They could help you see what they're like when they're not around you. You're going to ask Hermione right?" Ron asked.

"Of course. Don't know if she'd want to do something like this though." Harry answered.

"So are you going to do it? It'll be great Harry, I can feel it." Ron asked excitedly.

"Well… if I can get Hermione to go too then I guess I will try." Harry answered after a moment of thought.

"Great." Ron said slapping Harry on the arm, then thought, `I hope Hermione does go because I think Harry needs this.'

*~*~*~*~

Hermione's phone rang and she picked it up and groaned, "Hello"

"Hermione, its me." Harry said.

"Who's me?" Hermione teased with a smile.

"You know who it is." Harry teased back.

"No, I'm going to hang up now then me." Hermione responded back.

"Okay, okay. Its Harry." Harry answered as he rolled his eyes.

"Harry who? I can't seem to remember knowing any Harrys." Hermione said pretending to think long and hard.

"Harry potter you know, one of your best friends." Harry said playing along.

"Oh its you." Hermione answered in a disappointed tone of voice.

"I had some really important things to tell my best friend but now I think I'm going to find a new one." Harry answered back with a grin.

"Oooh. You don't play fair Mr. Potter." Hermione answered back.

"Look who's talking." Harry replied with a grin.

"Harry? What's up?" Hermione asked quickly while rolling her eyes.

"Well, Ron apparently signed me up to do the reality show the Bachelor." Harry explained.

"Really? That git. Doesn't he know you don't like that kind of attention." Hermione replied laughing.

"Now that I think about it, he does have a point I mean the program is a muggle one so all those woman wouldn't know mean as being famous and maybe they could see me as the person that I am." Harry went on.

"That part is true but this is muggle program Harry. There will be a lot of things that you can't say about yourself." Hermione added.

"I know. But those things could be worked out. I mean I could just be more general about certain things. Like I just went to a boarding school in Europe. That kind of thing." Harry answered.

"Well you better check and see what Ron and the others wrote about you then, just to be safe." Hermione answered practically.

"You're right. What would I do without you?" Harry asked.

"Well you probably wouldn't do very well, would live in like a dump and probably wouldn't have graduated." Hermione answered.

"You know what to say to hurt a guy don't you?" Harry asked.

"I do my best." Hermione answered smiling.

"So do you think I should do this?" Harry asked.

"Well if this is what you want to do then I'll support you." Hermione replied cheerfully even if that wasn't exactly how she was feeling.

"I'm glad you said that because you know how they can get a friend to act as a spy for them? Well you're the lucky one." Harry added.

"I'm not going to go on that show Harry. It's not something I would normally do." Hermione protested.

"It's not something I would normally do either but it sounds fun and it's always good to try something new right?" Harry asked.

"Okay I did say that but for more important things then this." Hermione protested.

"This is important Hermione. Its about who I'm going to spend the rest of my life with." Harry answered.

"But you know what usually happens in these shows. They usually break up and don't last. Meeting people like this usually doesn't result in a long lasting relationship." Hermione added.

"If it doesn't last than fine but isn't it worth it to try. The right person for me could be there. There's nothing wrong with giving it a shot is there?" Harry asked.

"No there isn't, but why me? You could ask Ginny or someone else?" Hermione asked.

"Because you're my best friend. You know me better than anyone else. Because you're the only one I could possibly trust to help me make the right choice of who I could possibly spend the rest of my life with. There is no way I could make the right choice without you? Do you want me to pick someone that is absolutely wrong for me? Please Hermione?" Harry pleaded.

Hermione groaned, `This is not fair, he knows that I can't say no to him when he begs.' "Fine Harry. I'll do it but you have to promise me that you WILL listen to my advice."

"Of course. You're the best Hermione." Harry responded happily now that he knew his life would be in good hands.

"I know. Bye." Hermione replied hanging up. `What have I got myself into? How can I do this? I can I tell him to fall in love with someone other than me? Can I really be there and watch him with all those other girls? Well Granger, you're going to find out.'

*~*~*~

"So how did it go with Hermione?" Ron asked anxiously.

"It took some persuading but I knew she would come through. She always does." Harry answered with a smile.

"Tbis is going to be so great Harry. Just wait and see." Ron replied.

"I really hope so Ron." Harry answered.

The next few days were a whirl wind of activity as he head to pack meet with the producers of the show who gave him all the information and instructions as well as rules. They answered all of his questions except for the one he knew that he couldn't ask. Wonder what they would think when they found out that he was a wizard? But since it was a muggle tv show he knew that he couldn't mention it. The only comfort that he felt was that he knew that Hermione would be there. He still hadn't seen her for a few days because he had been really busy.

He was really nervous. This was the day he was going to meet the group of woman on the show that could help him find the person he could spend the rest of his life with. He really hoped he would find that person. He took a deep breath as he saw the limousine that carried the woman arriving.

-->