Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Thank you so much for all your amazing reviews and comments. I hope you enjoy this next chapter. I know everyone has been so incredibly patient with this story so I have decided that with all the mystery that it has changed the tone of my story quite a bit and since I know you guys are all dying of curiosity about Allie it will be revealed to you all in the next couple of chapters and then it will be just the bachelor part of the story. Please review and let me know what you think.

Discliamer: I don't own Harry potter. JK Rowling does and I don't own the bachelor . ABC does. This fic is for entertainment purposes only.

Chapter 22

Hermione woke up in the morning and sensed that the mood in the house would not be as cheery as before and walked downstairs to get something to drink.

"Good morning Hermione. You're up earlier than usual," Christine said thoughtfully.

"I couldn't really sleep. Have you heard anything?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing but in a way I think that is quite good news," Christine replied.

"That's true. She's at least not at any hospital that we know of," Hermione added.

"Exactly, I wish though there was a way that we would know for sure you know but there is nothing that we can do about it," Christine commented.

"Yeah I guess all we can do is wait to hear from her. I wish they would tell us more about it though," Hermione replied.

"Morning," Chloe said to them with a yawn.

"I see you didn't get a good night's sleep either," Christine complimented.

"I can't help but be a little worried about Lisa. I know that she can take care of herself but she did say she wasn't feeling that well the last time we saw her," Chloe commented.

"You know what? I'm just going and talk to the producer and see if they heard anything," Hermione commented standing up.

"Do you want us to go with you?" Chloe asked.

"That's okay. She might actually call back so it'll be good if you guys stay here," Hermione replied getting up.

"Okay then come back as soon as you here anything," Christine added.

"Don't worry you guys. I'm sure that she is fine," Hermione told them as she headed out the door.

The first place that she headed to find Harry's house and knocked on the door.

"Hermione?" Harry asked as he opened the door.

"I came to see how you were doing," Hermione replied giving him a quick hug.

"I'm doing alright but I am a little worried about Lisa. She seemed fine earlier and she didn't mention anything about any family emergency," Harry answered.

"To be completely truthful, I am a little worried as well," Hermione admitted.

"Why?" Harry inquired.

"Well, she wasn't feeling that well after we all went out to dinner and headed off home before we all left and well I got a call from Joan. You know the NYU reporter so I went over there to see her and she seemed quite scared and worried. And then out of the blue a few people just appeared. Maybe wizards or something that were looking for her so then of course I tried to protect her and it worked for a while and then I was just knocked out. I didn't hear anything though but I did see a faint glow and then I was out of it and when I came to I was in this empty house. I didn't see anybody and my head hurt," Hermione explained.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked concerned looking her up and down.

"I'm fine," Hermione answered.

"Maybe we should get you checked out. Who know what happened to you?" Harry replied moving her over to the sofa.

"Harry I'm fine really. I feel fine and nothing out of place," Hermione assured her.

"No. You really should get checked out. I'll take you right now," Harry said grabbing his jacket.

"Harry, I really feel fine. I promise that I will get checked out but first I want to check up on Lisa," Hermione answered.

"You promise?" Harry asked.

"I promise. I give you my word," Hermione told him with a smile.

"I do trust your word but if you're going to check on Lisa then I want be there with you," Harry told her firmly.

"Harry I really appreciate your concern but I can take care of myself," Hermione protested.

"I know that you can but I'm worried about you. You can go but only if I take you," Harry answered with a firm tone.

Hermione took a look in his eye and knew that he wouldn't budge and sighed.

"Okay, you can come with me but only because I want your company," Hermione said relenting a bit.

"Good. Where are we going?" Harry said with a smile.

"Well first of all I just want to talk to one of the producers to see if they have heard anything," Hermione explained.

"Okay, let's go," Harry said getting up.

Hermione got up and paused slightly feeling a slight bout of dizziness.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked rushing to her side.

"I'm fine. I just didn't have enough sleep," Hermione replied.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked.

"Yep, let's go," Hermione replied walking towards the door.

"Okay," Harry replied looking back at her and then followed.

They walked towards the production office and headed inside.

"Mr. Potter, what do I owe the pleasure?" Ken asked as he saw them walking in.

"It's good to see too. But I wanted to talk to you about Lisa," Harry asked.

"We want to ask you if you heard anything from Lisa?" Hermione added.

"Well, we haven't heard anything as of yet from Lisa herself. We also talked to some of her friends and family and from what I'm told they aren't really worried. They say that she is quite independent and can take care of herself and told us not to worry about her," Ken replied.

"Do they know what kind of emergency that she was talking about?" Hermione asked.

"Actually they don't but apparently she has a lot of friends and she likes to help others when she can so it's not impossible for them not to know anything about it," Ken explained.

"So you guys haven't heard anything new?" Harry asked.

"I haven't but I wouldn't worry. Her parents aren't worried so I wouldn't be too concerned. Oh and Harry we will be meeting tonight as usual but there won't be an elimination this time," Ken told him.

"Thanks," Harry told him.

"That wasn't too helpful," Hermione told him.

"I know but what can we do?" Harry asked.

"Well we could also do a bit of checking on our own," Hermione suggested.

"How do you suggest we do that?" Harry asked.

"Well I was just thinking that since this show is taped and that there are security cameras around we could just maybe check them out," Hermione replied.

"I think that is something that can be arranged," Harry added with a grin.

"Let's go check it out," Hermione replied.

Harry grinned and turned towards the security office and within a few minutes he came out with a box of tapes.

"That was quick," Hermione said with a grin.

"What can I say? I can be charming when I need to be," Harry responded.

"You can be sometimes," Hermione replied with a laugh.

"Don't look so surprised," Harry added with a mock anger.

"I'm not surprised completely," Hermione replied.

"Do you want to watch these tapes or not?" Harry inquired.

"Of course I do but out of curiosity what did you say?" Hermione asked.

"What are you talking about?" Harry replied.

"To the security personnel?" Hermione suggested.

"I didn't say anything out of the ordinary. I just asked for the tapes and I got it," Harry answered.

"That's it?" Hermione asked with disbelief.

"That's it," Harry insisted.

"Okay, if you don't want to say I won't force you but only because I'm more worried about Lisa," Hermione replied.

"Then we better get moving," Harry said hurrying along.

Hermione shook her head and giggled as she chased after him.

Once they were in the clear they apparated to the outside of his house. They checked to see that they were in the clear and walked up to the door and quickly went inside.

"Okay then let's get started," Harry said looking at the box of tapes.

"There are too many tapes. I had no idea there would be so many," Hermione commented going through the tapes.

"There must be a way to get through these faster," Harry said popping the first tape in.

"It'll take too long to go through each of these one at a time. I've got an idea but I need to go grab my labtop," Hermione told him.

"It you have any ideas that would be great," Harry said fast forwarding and staring at the tv.

"I'll be back soon," Hermione told him and apparated back to her room at the mansion.

Hermione quickly went and grabbed her labtop and was about to apparate back out until she heard someone talking outside.

She peered outside and saw Allie talking on her cell.

"Is everything taken care of?" Allie asked.

Allie paced about for a few moments and then nodded her head and said, "Good. Everything would work out as long as everyone minds their own business. Talk to you soon."

Hermione turned back around and apparated back to Harry and placed down her labtop.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked.

"Yeah I am. Let's just get started. I have this program on my computer that I have used that is also magically enchanced and is running on a trial basis and should speed up our searching process by a lot," Hermione explained.

"Well it that works it would make things so much easier," Harry commented.

"Okay I just need to connect the tv to my computer and load some information into the computer," Hermione continued.

"So what do you want me to do?" Harry asked.

"Can you put the first tape into the vcr?" Hermione asked.

"Sure," Harry said and did as commanded.

"Okay, let's see if this will work and turned on the program and pressed play and then place her heads above the computer and murmured a few words.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked curiously.

"I'm just telling the program what to search for," Hermione explained.

A few moments later the program started to show a screen of Lisa entering the house.

"That program seems to work really well," Harry replied impressed.

"Well it looks like she went inside around 8:05pm," Hermione answered looking at the time.

"Okay that's good to know. So is there any way to tell if she went into her room?" Harry asked.

"Well from what I read. They have cameras in the hallways but not any of the rooms to give us our privacy so we can check the other tapes for that footage," Hermione suggested.

Harry went through the box and found one labelled Hallway and placed it into the vcr and Hermione loaded it into the computer and typed few commands into the computer.

"Did you see anything yet?" Harry asked.

"It will take a few minutes," Hermione replied watching the screen and her thoughts turned back to the conversation that she heard.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asked softly.

"I just heard an interesting conversation that Allie had on her phone," Hermione explained.

"What exactly did you hear?" Harry asked.

"She was asking is everything has been taken care of and that everything is going well as long as everyone minds their own business. It just strange to hear and convinces me that she is up to something. What I still don't know," Hermione explained.

"Do you think that she has something to do with Lisa's disappearance?" Harry asked.

"I wouldn't know how I would link anything to her but wait a second… you know while I was talking with Joan on the phone, Allie called out to me," Hermione added.

"Do you think she knew about the meeting?" Harry asked.

"I can't say for sure but it is possible," Hermione replied.

"Well that phone call was a little bit suspicious but you're right about how it doesn't tell us anything about Lisa," Harry answered thoughtfully.

Just then the computer beeped and they turned their attention back to the computer and saw Lisa entering her room about a few minutes later according to the time on the surveillance camera.

"Okay now let's see when she left her room," Hermione commented.

"So honestly do you think that Allie is involved?" Harry asked.

"Let's just say that I have a gut feeling that she is involved," Hermione replied.

"The odds are definitely against her," Harry replied thoughtfully.

"I guess that we just have to wait," Hermione said turning her head back to the screen.

The computer beeped again and once again they turned their attention back to the screen and just when they thought the saw something the screen turned black and when the screen came back on the hallway was empty until a couple of minutes later Lisa left the room.

"Why did the screen go black?" Hermione asked curiously out loud.

"Maybe something was wrong with the camera?" Harry suggested.

"Maybe, but I have to get back. I'll leave my computer here for you since I can't come in carrying it since I didn't leave with it" Hermione replied with a shrug as she looked at her watch.

"Then you better had back but remember what you promised me?" Harry reminded her.

"Don't worry I'll remember," Hermione answered giving him a hug.

Harry kissed her gently on the forehead and said, "Remember to call me if you find out anything or if you need me."

Hermione blushed and smiled and gave his should a quick squeeze before heading out the door.

Harry watched her leave with a smile on her face and turned his head back to the computer muttering, "I hope I know how to use this."

Just then the phone rang and Harry looked and saw that it is Hermione and said, "Just the person I hoped to hear from."

"Did you miss me already?" Hermione asked with a laugh.

"Always," Harry replied with a grin.

"There is a document for using the program is on my computer," Hermione told him.

"Ah, you are a mind reader now," Harry teased her.

"What can I say? I'm a woman of many talents," Hermione replied with a giggle.

"Now that is the truth," Harry added.

"Ciao," Hermione said.

"See you in a bit," Harry added and hung up.

"She really is something special," Harry said grinning as he opened the program.

Hermione was smiling as she opened the door back to the mansion and walked into the kitchen.

"You look like you're in a good mood. Good news?" Christine asked.

"I guess in a way it is. I was talking to the producer and he told me not to worry about Lisa because her family and friends aren't worried and things like this have happened before," Hermione explained.

"That's good to know. But do you think that you mind if we give her a quick call?" Christine suggested.

"I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt," Hermione answered with a nod.

"I was just wondering what number for Lisa do you have?" Christine asked.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked.

"I just wanted to know if maybe she gave you a cell number or something," Christine explained.

"Let me go and check," Hermione said heading upstairs to her room and looked through the sheets that were give to her and found a number that was written down next to Lisa and headed back downstairs.

"This is the number that I have for Lisa," Hermione replied handing it over to Christine.

"Thanks, I haven't tried this number yet," Christine said as he walked on over to use the phone.

"Guys," Allie said rushing into the room.

"What is it Allie?" Chloe asked.

"I've got Lisa on the phone," Allie told them.

"Really? Did you call her?" Christine asked.

"Actually I did," Allie answered.

"Lisa?" Chloe asked taking the phone.

"Put it on speaker," Hermione suggested.

"Just wait a moment while we put you on speaker," Chloe said and pressed the button.

"Lisa are you alright?" Christine asked.

"Hey everyone, I just wanted to let all of you know that I am fine and not to worry. I'm sorry that I left in such a hurry but I had a urgent call from a friend of mine who wanted some help. So I probably won't be able to come back until after show is over but I wish all of you the best of luck," Lisa replied.

"Where are you?" Hermione asked.

"I'm staying with a friend," Lisa answered.

"We'll miss you. Take care Lisa," Christine piped in.

"Thanks but I've got to go," Lisa replied in a rushed tone.

"Call us if you need any help," Hermione commented.

"Bye," Chloe added.

"See you soon," Allie said after a moment and hung up the phone.

"Well, it looks like you were right Hermione," Christine replied with a smile.

"I'm glad that she is feeling better," Chloe added.

"Yes, now we can enjoy ourselves again," Allie added.

"Yes that is true," Hermione answered with a small smile.

"Is there anything wrong?" Christine asked.

"Of course not, I was just thinking what a coincidence that it was that just as we were going to call Lisa that Allie managed to get through to her.

"What can I say except that great minds think alike," Allie replied with a smile.

"I guess so," Hermione added.

"I'm glad to be of help," Allie said.

"I'm going to head upstairs now," Hermione told her.

"Wait a minute," Allie said.

"What is it Allie?" Hermione asked.

"I was just wondering if you were still worried about Lisa?" Allie asked.

"I was but now that I heard her voice, I'm not so worried," Hermione answered carefully.

"I don't know but I was just getting the distinct feeling that you still feel a bit uneasy about the whole situation," Allie pressed.

"Now, why would I feel that way?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know but I was wanted to make sure that you were okay," Allie replied.

"I'm fine and my mind is definitely at ease," Hermione answered.

"That is really good to know because you know what people say about curiosity killing the cat," Allie replied.

"Well you don't have to worry about me," Hermione replied.

"I'm glad to hear that," Allie replied and gave a sweet smile.

"There is definitely something fishy going on," Hermione muttered to herself and continued to head upstairs to her room and grabbed her cell phone and dialled a familiar number.

"It's me. We just heard from Lisa," Hermione told Harry.

"Really? When?" Harry inquired.

"Just a few moments ago, in fact it was right before we were going to give her number a try," Hermione explained.

"Is she okay?" Harry asked.

"She seems to be fine or at least that is what she told us," Hermione answered.

"That's good but…" Harry prompted her.

"I just get the gut feeling that there is more to this story," Hermione confessed.

"And what made you come to this conclusion?" Harry asked.

"Well it's just too much of a coincidence that Allie would call her just before we were going to and she said something to me," Hermione continued.

"What did she say to you?" Harry asked.

"It wasn't like she came out and said that she had something to do with it but I think that she in her own way was telling me to back off," Hermione explained.

"What exactly did she say?" Harry asked.

"She was talking about how curiosity killed the cat," Hermione answered.

"Now that does sound like a subtle warning," Harry said thoughtfully.

"But…" Hermione interjected.

"Well since she warned you then maybe it isn't all of her fault," Harry added.

"I guess that could be a possibility," Hermione commented after a moment.

"So what do you have in mind?" Harry asked.

"I thought that maybe we could take a look at the tape again and maybe check on a few things," Hermione suggested.

"Well I've been re-watching that footage a few times and I don't see anything new," Harry answered.

"Does it still turn black?" Hermione asked.

"It still does and I still don't know why but I talked to someone in the production team and they said that it does happen sometimes if there was a glitch with the equipment," Harry explained.

"Okay, then we must move on to the next logical step," Hermione started.

"And what exactly is that?" Harry asked.

"I thought we could a bit of investigating. Are you going to help me?" Hermione asked.

"If you need help, I'll be there," Harry added.

"That's good then meet me outside in half an hour," Hermione instructed.

"I'll see you then," Harry replied.

"Thanks Harry," Hermione replied.

"No problem. You know that I'll always be here for you," Harry responded with a smile.

"I know. See you later," Hermione replied and hung up the call and smiled and headed back downstairs.

"Hey girls," Hermione called out the Chloe and Christine.

"Hey Hermione," Chloe called out.

"What do you have there?" Hermione asked looking at the piece of paper.

"I don't know yet but it must be from Harry," Christine explained.

"Oh then we better go and get Allie," Hermione replied.

"I think she's up in her room," Christine answered.

"Nope, I'm downstairs," Allie said entering the room.

"We were just looking for you," Hermione called you.

"Okay then what's up?" Allie asked.

"We just got a letter from the producer and we wanted to make sure that we read it all together," Chloe answered.

"Well then what are you waiting for?" Allie exclaimed.

"Okay then," Chloe answered opening the envelope.

The note read:

Dear Chloe, Christine, Allie and Hermione

I hope all of you guys are enjoying the time you've had on the show and we wanted to let you know that since Lisa has elected to leave the show the usual rose ceremony will not be taking place but a special event will be taking place so please be ready and assemble in the corridor as usual at the usual time.

Sincerely,

Ken- the producer.

"I'm kind of excited for tonight," Chloe replied.

"I wonder what the surprise is," Christine commented.

"I guess we won't know until later tonight," Hermione added.

"I'm looking forward to it," Allie added.

"This is definitely something to look forward to. Do you guys have any ideas?" Christine asked.

"I'm probably guessing that maybe a group activity or something like that since we aren't eliminating anybody," Allie answered.

"That makes a lot of sense," Christine said thoughtfully.

"I'm going to head out for a bit," Hermione told them.

"Where are you heading?" Chloe asked.

"There are a few things that a friend of me asked me to get for her," Hermione answered quickly.

"If you're heading towards the mall, can you wait for me and we can go together," Allie suggested.

"Actually I'm not heading towards that direction," Hermione replied.

"Oh well then I'll see you later," Allie replied.

"I'll be back soon," Hermione said with a wave.

"See you soon," Christine called out.

Hermione headed over to Harry's and knocked on the door.

"Hey, I'm ready," Harry replied as he opened the door.

"That's good so we don't waste any more time," Hermione commented.

"So where are we headed?" Harry asked.

"I need to pick up some information on Allie," Hermione explained.

"Where are we going to do that?" Harry asked.

"Remember how I told you about visiting her old high school?" Hermione added.

"Yes and I'm guessing that you would like to take a look at her file?" Harry finished.

"Exactly, I knew that you were smart," Hermione answered with a smile.

"I don't know if I should be insulted or not," Harry added.

"I'm sure that you'll be able to figure it out," Hermione replied with a eye wink.

"Then I'll take it as a compliment," Harry replied.

"Whatever you want to believe," Hermione told him with a smile.

"Well, let's get going," Harry replied.

"Now that's what we're talking about," Hermione said.

"So why don't you lead the way," Harry suggested.

"Just come with me," Hermione told him taking his had and they both apparated to the Rutheford high school.

"Okay, so I'll distract the secretary while you sneak in," Hermione instructed.

"Alright but what am I looking for?" Harry inquired.

"Well, the principal keeps the files in a locked cabinet. From my memory he kept her file in the second top drawer," Hermione answered.

"So all I need to do is get the file?" Harry asked.

"Yep," Hermione confirmed.

"So are you ready?" Harry asked.

"As if you need to ask," Hermione told him with a smile.

"Okay then lead the way," Harry replied gesturing toward the door.

Hermione walked on up to the secretary's office and said, "Hello Carolyn?"

"Jane? Is that you?" Carolyn asked.

"Yes it is. Is Principal Pierce in?" Hermione asked.

"Actually he is on break now," Carolyn replied.

Hermione gestured for Harry get going and said, "So how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great. I just spent the weekend with my nephew and niece so things are going pretty well," Carolyn replied.

Hermione smiled and watched Harry appartate into the principals's office.

"How old are they?" Hermione inquired.

"Well my nephew's name is Sean is 7 year…" Carolyn continued.

Harry was inside the principals office and was going through the file cabinets to determine which ones help the information that we wanted.

"Why does he have so many files?" Harry muttered to himself as he looked through the files.

"If you would like you could wait for Principal Pierce in his office if you like?" Carolyn asked.

"Could I really?" Hermione asked sweetly.

"Of course, he'll be back from his meeting in about 10 minutes," Carolyn replied.

"Thank you and tell him that I only need a few minutes of his time," Hermione told.

"It was nice seeing you Jane," Carolyn replied.

"It was nice to talk to you too," Hermione said heading quickly into the office.

Hermione quietly entered the room and was amused to see Harry trying to open the door.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I'm trying to get this drawer open since its locked," Harry explained.

"Have you forgotten that you have other ways of getting the drawer open?" Hermione asked.

"Oh right," Harry said sheepishly as he took out his wand and the drawer opened.

"Now wasn't that so much easier?" Hermione commented.

"I would have thought of that eventually and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use magic," Harry protested.

"We'd better hurry," Hermione said looking into the drawer and pulled out the file.

Harry looked over her shoulder and commented, "That looks like a pretty big file."

"Now all I have to do is make a copy of this file and place this back so that he won't realize that it is missing," Hermione explained.

"Well then you better hurry," Harry said looking at the time.

"It'll only take a moment," Hermione responded.

"Okay, I'll stand watch near the door," Harry told her.

Hermione nodded and picked up her wand and placed it over the file and slowly a file appeared next to it and slowly filled up with papers.

"Someone is coming in," Harry told her.

With a quick flick of her wand the file returned back to its original place and she quick sat down.

"Hello Jane," Principal Pierce.

"Hello, it's nice to see you too," Hermione added.

"Now who is this?" Principal Pierce asked pointing towards Harry.

"Oh I forgot my manners. This is one of my best friends Harry," Hermione introduced.

"Nice to meet you Harry," Principal replied.

"It's nice to meet you too," Harry said shaking his hand.

"So what can I do for you?" Principal Pierce asked.

"I just wanted a few moments of you time and ask you a couple of questions," Hermione said placing down the file.

"Ask away," Principal Pierce replied.

"I just wanted to ask you if you have seen Allie or talk to her since the last time we talked?" Hermione inquired.

"I haven't," Principal Pierce answered.

"How about any other old students?" Hermione inquired.

"Nope but is there anything wrong?" Principal inquired.

"Everything is fine, I just wanted to ask a few follow-up questions," Hermione explained.

"Oh, do you have any more questions?" Principal Pierce asked.

"Nope and thank you so much for your time," Hermione told him.

"Any time," Principal Pierce asked.

"We've got to get going," Hermione replied.

"If you have any other questions, please feel free to give me call," Principal Pierce answered.

"Thank you if I do need you I will," Hermione answered with a quick wave and headed out the door.

They headed out the door and headed back towards Harry's house and walked inside.

"I can't wait to take a look at what they discovered on her," Hermione told him.

"Sure Jane," Harry replied.

"It's not like I could actually use my real name," Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"I think that Jane totally suits you," Harry added.

Hermione gave him a look proceeded to open the documents.

There were transcripts of her grades during the couple of years she was at the school and noticed that she got straight A's. Then came a list of teacher reviews which were all raves. Then came a list of her extracurricular activities which included many groups that helped others, She flipped through a few more reviews and interviews that she had at the school before she came to her old transcript from her previous school.

"Did you find anything interesting?" Harry asked.

"I'm just looking at an old transcript of hers from her old school," Hermione replied.

"And what does it say?" Harry asked encouraged.

"It doesn't say anything except that she is a tremendously talented student and that they don't believe in giving grades," Hermione explained.

"I don't know of any schools that do that," Harry commented.

"And then there is this fax that principal sent the school just says that the fax number did not work and they never got a response," Hermione replied.

"Maybe the fax machine didn't work," Harry answered with a shrug.

"But they tried faxing it at least 20 times," Hermione added.

"Now that is extremely interesting. Did you find anything else?" Harry asked.

"Just this blank paper," Hermione said looking closely at the paper.

"Are you sure there isn't anything on it?" Harry asked.

"I guess I can try to see if anything is hidden," Hermione replied.

"Using magic?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Brainiac," Hermione said taking her wand out from its hiding place.

"Revela," Hermione said and noticed nothing happened and tired again a couple of times.

"Whats's wrong?" Harry asked.

"It's not working," Hermione explained.

"Let me try it," Harry said moving forward.

"Give it your best shot," Hermione explained.

Harry tried doing the same spell a few times and still nothing.

"I see that it's not just me," Hermione said with a laugh.

"I see that we must be using the wrong spell," Harry added.

"What spell do you suggest then?" Hermione asked.

"Why don't you watch and find out," Harry replied.

"Okay," Hermione said.

Harry tried a few different spells and nothing happened until Harry fell to the floor.

"What happened?" Hermione asked

"I actually think that the sheet of paper is somehow protected," Harry explained.

"Protected by magic?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, I got shocked by something," Harry responded.

"Well in that case, then maybe if we both tried doing this together," Hermione suggested.

"Okay, as long as it works," Harry said shrugging.

"Let's try this together," Hermione reported.

Harry nodded and followed her lead.

"One, two, three," Hermione started and together they blasted their wands and the paper began to glow and words appeared.

Faerway's Academy for the Gifted

Known for training up and coming gifted magical individuals.

Marks for Trainee 11690193-FA

Transfiguration: 118 pts

Wishes : 120 pts

Dreamcatching: 110 pts

Cooking : 120 pts

Herbology : 110 pts

History : 110 pts

Ancient Spells: 120 pts

Defense against

Dark arts : 125pts:

Hours to all students who get above 100 marks

Top student awarded to trainee 11690193-FA

Comments: An extremely talented and smart student and very goal oriented. Very stubborn but gets the job done. Extremely determined to the point of scaring some of the other students. Has a bit of a tiny temper problem.

Counsellor: See attached report.

"She has been to see the councillor?" Harry asked.

"I had no idea but let's see what's on it," Hermione replied turning the page over.

Counsellor comments: She seems to be a bit forlorn and distant. Kind of a loner and likes to work alone. There have been a few complaints about some of her behaviour but I had a talk with her and the complaints seemed to have stopped. She still seems to be angry at her parents for abandoning her but she doesn't like talking about them and displays some hostile attitude towards her family and has a bit of an anger management problem. But we are making progress on the problem and it appears to be getting better.

"So we know for sure that she is magical then and that she must have had a bad childhood and that we should definitely keep a look out for her,' Harry complimented.

"You know that the name of the school sounds so familiar to me. I must have read something about the school," Hermione replied thoughtfully.

"I don't doubt that at all. You read a lot," Harry replied rolling his eyes.

"In fact, I think I came across it when I was reading some books just because I wanted to brush up on my history," Hermione said.

"And do you remember where you read it?" Harry asked.

"You know I loaded up some of the books onto my laptop so maybe I could do a quick search," Hermione added heading back to her computer and began typing in a few sentences.

Harry sat down as he began to process the information that he received and the truth was he didn't know what to think about this new development.

"Harry I think I found it," Hermione said gesturing for Harry to follow her.

"It says in this book that Faerway's school was founded hundreds of years ago but nobody is sure when and is famous for training fairies," Hermione read.

"Fairies?" Harry asked.

"That's what it says but I didn't know that they actually still existed," Hermione replied in surprised.

"But I thought that most fairies were tiny," Harry commented.

"I think that is just a stereotype," Hermione explained.

"Oh, but does that mean that she's a fairy?" Harry asked.

"Well not necessarily. The school has expanded and they just don't train fairies anymore," Hermione replied scanning the page.

Just then there was a knock on the door and from the peep hole he saw that it was the producer.

"I should go," Hermione said looking at her watch.

"You should go because we don't really want to explain this," Harry said.

"I'll see you tonight then," Hermione said and with a wink she was gone.

"What took you so long?" Ken asked.

"Sorry, I was in the bathroom," Harry answered sheepishly.

"So are you ready?" Ken asked.

"Yes I am. So what exactly is the surprise for tonight?" Harry asked.

"Well you are going to go on a group date," Ken explained.

"So is there a reason for your visit?" Harry inquired.

"Yes I just wanted to ask you to see if you can read this during the ceremony and if you want you can say a few words about Lisa," Ken added.

"Sure but why are we doing this?" Harry asked confused.

"Because we want to pay a little tribute to Lisa because we know that the audience would like that we know that everyone still here misses her," Ken replied.

"Is there something you aren't telling me?" Harry asked.

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing, just keep your energy up for the taping in an hour alright?" Ken said.

"Sure," Harry said but he couldn't help but get a feeling that something was going to happen tonight.


-->