Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Thanks for everyone's great reviews and comments. I hope this chapter explains everything a bit more clearly. Just for everyone's information I'm thinking about 4 more chapters before this story is done. I'm thinking of doing a sequel if anybody is interested. Please review and let me know what you think. Thanks so much everyone.

Discliamer: I don't own Harry Potter or the bachlelor. This fic is for entertainment purposes only.

Chapter 27

Hermione stood in front of her childhood home just staring at the door. She was beginning to get a bit worried about what she might find out.

"Hey, are you okay?" Harry asked her gently.

"Not really, I'm really nervous and worried about talking to my parents about this," Hermione admitted.

"What exactly are you afraid of?" Harry prodded gently.

"I'm afraid of what they'll say, what they won't say. What if I don't like what they are going to say and what tell me changes everything," Hermione replied.

"That may be true but you do know that some things will never change right?" Harry asked.

"Of course I do. They'll always be my parents and that they love me right?" Hermione asked.

"I did guess that you would know that," Harry answered sheepishly.

"I know but still it's scary. I don't even know where and how to start," Hermione confessed.

"Well, think of this as something that I have to do and I was asking you for advice, what would you tell me to do?" Harry tried.

"Hm…. Let me think about this for a second then. I guess I would tell you to start slowly and offer hints and then see how to go from there," Hermione replied after a few minutes.

"Then you should be telling yourself that," Harry told her.

Hermione nodded and took a deep breath and used the key that she had in her pocket to open the door and then knocked.

Hermione and Harry walked into the room together and closed the door.

"Hermione?" Mrs. Granger's voice called out.

"Yes mum," Hermione said and walked into the kitchen and gave her mum a hug.

"Would you guys like some tea?" Mrs. Granger asked.

"Sure," Hermione told her.

"What about you Harry?" Mrs. Granger asked warmly.

"Tea will be great," Harry told her with a smile.

"So why are you visiting?" Mrs. Granger asked with a smile.

"Is Dad home yet?" Hermione asked.

"He'll be down in a few minutes. Have some cookies. How are you Harry?" Mrs. Granger asked as she offered him the plate.

"Thanks. Things are going good. Different but good," Harry answered.

"I would imagine that. Being on the show like that is quite out of the ordinary," Mrs. Granger replied with a laugh.

"How are you enjoying it Hermione?" Mrs. Granger asked.

"It's going alright. Its quite fun sometimes and I have made a few friends," Hermione answered.

"That's good," Mrs. Granger told her daughter.

"You're here already," Mr. Granger said as he walked in.

"Dad, its good to see you. What took you so long?" Hermione asked standing up to give him a hug.

"You were always early. So what was the reason for your visit?" Mr. Granger asked.

"How are you doing sir?" Harry asked.

"Good and how are you doing?" Mr. Granger said.

"I'm doing well sir," Harry answered.

"Well dad, I wanted to tell you some interesting stories that I heard from someone," Hermione answered.

"Oh really? What was it?" Mrs. Granger asked.

"Well, apparently somebody that I knew actually found out that they had a sister that they never knew they had," Hermione began.

"Really? That kind of stuff really happens?" Mr. Granger asked with a laugh.

"Yes, she felt that it was impossible because she never remembered having a sister. Her parents didn't either," Hermione continued looking for any sign of recognition from either of her parents faces.

"So how did that happen?" Mrs. Granger asked curiously.

"Well apparently they gave up her sister for adoption and decided to forget about it," Hermione replied.

"I guess that is possible but very unlikely and unusual," Mr. Granger complimented.

Hermione looked towards Harry who shrugged.

"I met a very interesting girl on the show," Hermione continued.

"Really? What is she like?" Mr. Granger asked.

"Well, she's a lot like me. She's smart and pretty but she has had quite a hard life. She was given up at birth," Hermione answered.

"Oh that's terrible. But I'm sure that her parents didn't want to do it," Mrs. Granger added.

"Why would you say that?" Hermione asked eagerly.

"I'm speaking as a parent. Every parent loves their kid and wants to do what's best for them. ," Mrs. Granger explained.

"Did you ever want to have another daughter?" Hermione asked.

"I know that you have always wanted a sister and I think it would be nice but it just never happened. Why are you asking?" Mr. Granger asked.

"I was just curious you know. If I had a sister, what would you name her?" Hermione asked.

"That is quite easy, I would name her Allison. Ali for short," Mrs. Granger replied.,

"Really? Allison?" Hermione asked her eyes widening.

"I don't why I want to name her that though, it's a name that's always been on my mind. Allison Anne Grange. It has a nice ring to it doesn't it?" Mrs. Granger answered.

Mr. Granger nodded and replied, "I've always liked that name myself."

"I know a person that has that name," Hermione commented.

"Really? That's such a coincidence," Mr. Granger replied.

"Does the name Faerway's school for the gifted mean anything to you?" Hermione tried again.

"No, did you ever go there?" Mr. Granger asked.

"No dear, I thought she went to Hogwarts?" Mrs. Granger said.

"I did go to Hogwarts. Are you sure it doesn't ring a bell at all?" Hermione asked standing up

Harry walked over to Hermione placed a hand on her shoulder urging her to calm down.


"Hermione, dear, what is it?" Mr. Granger asked looking worried.

"Are you absolutely sure that I don't have a sister?" Hermione asked.

"Of course we're sure. I think that we would know if something like that happened," Mrs. Granger answered laughing slightly.

"Is there anything that you aren't telling me? I know that you're doing it for my own good and I won't be mad," Hermione tried again.

"No, we're not keeping any secrets from you. Where is all this coming from? Are you okay?" Mrs. Granger asked concerned.

"I'm fine really. Are you sure you haven't heard of Faerways? It's a school for fairies and other magical individuals," Hermione added.

"It doesn't ring any bells but then again a lot of the magical stuff in your life doesn't make much sense for me," Mr. Granger replied apologetically.

"Could you think a little bit harder?" Hermione pleaded.

"Is it important to you that we do?" Mrs. Granger asked.

"Yes," Hermione answered simply.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked.

"It's just that I feel like they must know something. That name did not come out of the blue. They would have named her Allison Anne Granger. That is her name," Hermione answered.

"That does sound quite suspicious, but they really do sound like they don't know anything," Harry told her looking at her parents.

"I know but it's so frustrating because I really feel like there is something that I need to know. I know that I shouldn't trust what Carlineux told me but it really does seem to fit right now," Hermione answered.

"I know what you mean. I wish there was something that I could do for you," Harry replied looking at her.

"Being here is already helping a lot," Hermione told him and gave his hand a quick squeeze.

"I'm sorry, but nothing comes to mind," Mr. Granger suggested apologetically.

Mrs Granger said, "I don't seem to recall anything about Faerdays or anything like that."

"It's okay. How about I show you something on the computer?" Hermione asked having a sudden thought.

"Sure, you can use my computer which is on the table," Mr. Granger told her.

"What are you doing?" Harry whispered.

"I thought that maybe it might jog their minds if they saw something," Hermione whispered back and walked towards the table.

`That's my Hermione. I knew that she would think of something,' Harry thought to himself as he watched her.

Hermione turned on the computer and went into typed in the search terms that she wanted to use and came to a webpage and click on it.

"What did you want to show us?" Mr. and Mrs. Granger asked.

"I wanted to show you some information on Faerways. It's a school that trains fairies and other magical beings," Hermione explained.

"That sounds like a very interesting school," Mrs. Granger commented.

"Hm… this page looks quite different," Hermione murmed to herself as she came to black page.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"I clicked onto the link for the page and nothing is showing up. It wasn't like it was before," Hermione explained.

"Are you going to try loading the page again?" Harry asked.

Hermione clicked it again and this time a box popped up asking for a student name.

"What are you going to put in?" Mr. Granger asked.

Hermione sighed and typed in Allie Renshaw. Once she typed that in another box popped up asking for their relation. For that she typed in sibling. Once she done that it opened up to Faerway's welcome screen.

"Why don't you two sit down?" Hermione suggested.

Mr. Granger shrugged and sat down and clicked onto the opening page.

The opening page was similar to the page that Hermione came across herself but it had very slight differences.

One may difference was the flashing of the words on the screen. Then a video started to play.

"Welcome to Faerways' school for the gifted. We will ask you to take a moment and enjoy the next clip," the voice said.

The video clip started and lasted about a minute but all it played were a few different images of certain people and fruit.

When it was over, Hermione noticed that her parents had stood up and their faces seemed quite shocked.

Hermione quickly tapped them on the shoulder and asked, "Are you guys okay?"

Mr. Granger shook his head and said, "I'm starting to remember things."

"Yes I'm starting to get flashbacks to something too," Mrs. Granger replied.

"Flashbacks? What are they about?" Hermione asked.

"Well, little things, like holding a tiny baby and smiles and laughter," Mr. Granger replied.

"What about you mum?" Hermione asked.

"About the same thing but I also remembering some cloaked individuals," Mrs. Granger added.

Hermione looked up at Harry and raised her eyebrows. Harry shrugged in response.

"Are these memories?" Hermione asked.

"Mr. and Mrs. Granger," a voice called out.

Hermione looked around and saw nobody so she walked around trying to determining where the voices are coming from.

"Look towards the computer screen," the voice said.

Hermione turned her head towards the voice and followed it towards the computer screen and saw a middle aged man on the screen.

"Hi Hermione," the middle aged man said.

"Do I know you?" Hermione asked surprised.

"I'm not surprised that you don't remember me at all. After all, we only met very briefly when you were very young," the middle aged man answered.

"Well, Hello Mark," Mr. Granger replied with a smile.

"You know him?" Hermione asked her dad curiously.

"Yes, we do. How are you doing Mark?" Mrs. Granger asked.

"How do know him?" Hermione asked anxiously.

"We've only seen him once actually. Things are starting to come back to me," Mr. Granger replied thoughtfully.

"What things? Can someone explain this to me?" Hermione asked looking back and forth between her parents.

"Let me try and begin then," Mark replied.

"Okay," Hermione said turning her attention towards him. She didn't feel any negative vibes toward him but she was still a little bit cautions.

"Well first of all you need to know that you come from a very special family. A very long time ago as you know muggles and wizards all lived together rather peacefully although there were very few wizards around. However as you know people are afraid of things that they do not know or understand so eventually the worlds were separated. However there were a far more muggles than wizards so in order to make sure that magic continually assisted the decided to appoint an individual that would know all about the magical world in order to make sure that it continually existed," Mark explained.

"I understand that. In order for the magical world to assist, someone will have to know that it exists. So is this family a muggle family then?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, you are correct. However they don't know that they actually know anything. The job just gets passed down each year until it was needed. This was your family's job," Mark answered.

"Really?" Hermione asked.

"Yes dear. That is the truth," Mrs. Granger replied.

"But from what you say then would you say that it is strange that I am magical?" Hermione inquired.

"Yes, it was rather puzzling but we're sure that there was a reason for that but it could have also just happened randomly which does happen ever so often," Mark explained.

"Okay then, but how do they know you?" Hermione asked again.

"I'm getting there. Now, basically your family is in charge of protecting magic, another interesting event occurred a few years after you were born, as you know many prophecies have been made. One other interesting one mentioned the creating of a unique magical individual that holds the secrets of the creation of magic. Now I am a member of the council that watches over both the magical and muggle world to keep things in balance. So we noticed that a surge of energy came from England so we went to go investiage and that was when we found a baby sitting there. We could tell by looking that she contained a lot of power and magic. We knew that if she came into the wrong hands that it could be very dangerous for the everyone so we wanted to make sure that she was protected and taught right. So we placed her in your family's care for a few years," Mark revealed.

"Yes I remember those months. They were really great. I rememberd how much I had wanted another daughter so we were both thrilled to take care of her," Mrs. Granger replied.

"Yes she was very sweet and cute and our time with her was too short," Mr. Granger added.

"How come I don't remember any of this?" Hermione questioned.

"How could you? You were much too young," Mrs. Granger replied softly.

"So what happened next?" Hermione asked.

"Well then Mark came over and introduced himself with a couple other people and told us the situation. He told us that Allison was extremely gifted and that in order to further her skills that she should be sent off for special training that we couldn't provide for her," Mrs. Granger explained.

"We didn't want to but they told us that it would best for her if we did that. So we reluctantly let them take her," Mr. Granger continued.

"We could tell that they loved her so we also told them that however that it would be best if they don't remember anything about this girl for their safetly as well as for her but we don't really like to erase memories completely so we just blocked it for the time being," Mark added.

"Blocking it? You mean keeping the memories from being recalled very easily without being stimulated?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, you are quite smart. As expected," Mark replied with a smile.

"But how are you able to do that? We have only managed to use modifying charms for years," Harry questioned.

"Ah, that's a good question Harry but we're not the same as you, our abilities work differently from your abilities. We are able to use our magic to do things that most wizards can't," Mark explained.

"So basically what happened was that somewhere the video and voice triggered their memories?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, that is what happened basically. We had set up a network in your house in order for you guys to access or data because we knew that one day you would want to know everything," Mark replied.

"So that's why when I used my dad's computer that it opened up to a different webpage," Hermione replied.

"Exactly," Mark answered with a smile.

"What is she like?" Mrs. Granger asked.

"Allie, she is a really sweet girl and incredibly bright. But she was never a really social person," Mark answered.

"Are you saying she didn't have very many friends?" Mr. Granger asked.

"She only had a couple of friends but they seemed to get along great," Mark answered.

"I hope you don't me asking but do you know anything about the group of people Allie is hanging out with now?" Harry piped in.

"Actually we have heard about that and have done a bit of investigating ourselves for a few years. We don't know who the leader is exactly but apparently this woman named Carlineux is of pretty high rank," Mark answered.

"What have you guys found out?" Hermione asked eagerly.

"Well from what we heard, they are sort of mysterious but they don't seem to have been doing much so we're guessing that they are planning something big. We have heard that many of their members have relations to the Death Eaters," Mark told them.

"So do you have any idea what they are planning?" Harry asked.

"Well we're thinking since they have been so good to Allie that it might have something to do with her," Mark replied.

"What do you mean they have been good to Allie?" Mrs. Granger asked.

"The last time that Allie spoke to one of her old teachers she told them that they taught her many things and were treating her well and not to worry about her," Mark added.

"Do you think that Allie is actually bad?" Hermione asked.

"I think that deep down that she has a good heart but she has been led to believe certain things such as revenge and resentment. She doesn't mean to do any harm. So you don't have to worry so much abour her," Mark replied thoughtfully with a smile.

"So can I ask why she switched schools during her last year?" Hermione asked.

"Well that was her choice but we do encourage everyone to try and fit into the muggle world as well so that they don't stand out completely so she took us up on the offer," Mark answered.

"So back to how you think Carlineux is planning to use Allie, what do you think Hermione's part in this is?" Harry asked.

"Well Carlineux is a woman of integrity. She always looks at the big picture but she does like to have fun every so often so I'm guessing that you and Hermione fit into her plan just as a side issue but was not part of the major plan," Mark replied.

"Well if she is Bellatrix, I assumed that she might have wanted revenge. But still I don't completely understand why she had me pick between the two Hermiones," Harry commented.

"They asked you to do what?" Mr and Mrs. Granger exclaimed.

"Don't worry. I'm really Hermione," Hermione explained.

"So what did she tell you about that?" Harry asked turning towards Hermione.

"She kept on talking about trust and friendship. She did seem quite calm about the whole thing though," Hermione said after a minute.

"So maybe she was testing our friendship to see how strong it is," Harry replied.

"That does sound like something she would do. I'm thinking that they must have heard something about Allie, so they wanted her to join them," Mark added.

"So may I ask a question?" Mr. Granger piped in.

"Sure, what would you like to know?" Mark asked.

"So how does Allie reveal the secrets of the creation of magic?" Mr. Granger asked.

"Oh that… I'm not really sure" Mark answered sheepishly.

"Mark, who are you talking to?" a female voice called out.

"Hi Maggie, I was just talking to the Grangers and Harry," Mark told her with a smile.

"Oh you must be telling them about Allison right?" Maggie asked.

"Yes but do you know how to retrieve the secret from Allie?" Mark asked her.

"I heard my father talking about it and from what I can tell, nobody is exactly sure yet but Allie doesn't know that she has this secret herself. The consensus is that the key to the revelation has to do with trust," Maggie replied.

"Trust?" Hermione asked.

"Now I don't know the details but that would explain why they are treating Allie like their own and they are including her in their plans," Maggie added.

"Hm… so do you think she is safe there?" Hermione asked.

"I think she is for the time being. I think that the best course of action right now is to continue on and try to get through to Allie," Mark suggested.

"How do I do that? She seems to completely hate me with a passion and we're not even sure that we're going to see her anytime soon," Hermione told them.

"I'm sure that she will be back," Mark told them.

"How do you know that?" Harry asked.

"Because they aren't finished with her yet," Mark answered simply.

Hermione looked down at the clock and took a double glance and grabbed Harry by the arm.

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"We need to get back. Did you even notice the time?" Hermione asked gesturing to the clock.

Harry looked and saw that it was already the evening. They had been there for the entire afternoon.

"Mark, Maggie. We have to get going but is there a way to contact you if we have any other questions?" Hermione asked.

"Just look us up on your computer," Mark told her and gave her a quick wave and the screen turned off.

"But…" Hermione said as she stared at the blank screen.

"Thanks for tea Mr. and Mrs. Granger but we have to get going," Harry told them as he shook his hand and gave Mrs. Granger a hug.

"I'll talk to you later," Hermione promised giving both of her parents a hug.

Both Harry and Hermione rushed out and apparated back to the mansion and walked insidd to Harry's room.

"So what do you think about everything?" Hermione asked.

"This whole thing is really unbelievable but at the same time our whole lives have been like that. But at least we know that Allie isn't related by blood," Harry told her.

"But she still is my sister. But I do feel better knowing so much more. I had no idea that there was so much to my family history but still am a little worried about Allie. Carlineux seems like a much more dangerous person," Hermione commented.

"That she is, but that's what makes her interesting," Harry told her with a glint in his eye.

"I just don't know what to do when I see her again," Hermione said sitting down.

"Just be you," Harry told her.

"And that is…" Hermione prodded.

"Be the wonderful caring individual that you always are and I know she will notice," Harry told her.

"That's easy for you to say but I'm not sure that I can do it," Hermione confessed.

"Well one way of doing that would be to not mention that you guys are sisters and try being friends first," Harry offered.

"You're right about that. So do you think that I can get through to her?" Hermione asked.

"If anybody can do it, it's you," Harry told her confidently.

Hermione laughed and gave him a hug.

"Thanks for having confidence in me. You always do know what to say to make me feel better," Hermione told her with a smile.

"I do what I can," Harry replied back with a smile that she knew too well.

"Harry, what are you planning?" Hermione asked.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked innocently.

"You have that look in your eye and when you get that look, it's never good," Hermione replied.

"I resent that. I have good ideas sometimes," Harry retorted.

"Sometimes but most of the time their idiotic like this one. You are not going back there," Hermione told him firmly.

"Back where?" Harry asked.

"You know where, it's too dangerous and it's not the right time," Hermione told him.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Harry replied back faking a yawn.

"Harry, promise me you're not going back there. We need to be patient and we need to have a plan before we do anything," Hermione asked offering her pinky.

"I promise," Harry told her but avoiding the pinky.

"Harry…" Hermione said again.

Harry sighed and they hooked pinkies and she smiled.

`Good and remember what you told me," Hermione told him.

Harry smile as she left the room and he paced about. He was feeling extremely energetic and didn't want to stand still. He wanted to do something to help Hermione. He really wanted to go back there and see what Carlineux was up to but he couldn't because he promised Hermione. And there was the fact that she would probably keep an eye out for him which means he doesn't have much of a chance of leaving easily. He decided then to wait until the next day to come up with a new plan.

*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Hermione woke up early and headed off to the kitchen to make some breakfast. She didn't sleep very well because she was really nervous about everything that she has learned the night before.

"Good morning," Allie told her brightly.

-->