Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: I'm sorry about the long wait you guys had for this chapter. I would have had it up sooner but my computer crashed and I lost everything that I wrote so I had to start from the beginning again and then other things happened an my internet wouldn't work for awhile so now I finally have things sorted up. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I will try to update the next chapter a lot of sooner. Please review and let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: I don't won HP JK Rowling does. I don't own the bachelor. ABC does.

Chapter 24:

Everybody looked at Chloe with surprise and asked, "What's wrong Chloe?"

"I can't take it anymore. It was my fault," Chloe blurted in between tears.

"What are you talking about Chloe?" Christine asked confused.

"You know the reason why Lisa had to go home?" Chloe replied.

"Yes so…" Hermione asked.

"Well I was the one to convince her to go home," Chloe explained slowly.

"You mean there was no real emergency?" Christine inquired.

"Their was a reason for her to go home but I just made it into a bigger deal than it actually was ," Chloe admitted.

"But how did you convince her to go home?" Allie asked.

"It was a bit of luck I guess. Once we got back home from the dinner I went in to see how Lisa was doing and she was telling me about how she was worried about one of her friends. And she had to leave the room for the bit and the phone rang and she asked me to answer it and it happened to be her friend. So I told Lisa that I thought that it was best for her to go back home because it seemed like her friend really needed her," Chloe explained crying slightly.

"And Lisa didn't question it?" Hermione asked softly.

"Well she didn't have a reason no to trust me and like I said she had been worried about her friend for awhile so she really didn't need much convincing," Chloe replied.

"Why did you do it?" Christine asked.

"I don't know. It's just that I really wanted to be able to make it through the next elimination and Lisa was doing so well with getting picked and I just did it. I don't know why I just did it. " Chloe added between tears.

"Chloe, I'm really surprised that you did this. So why hasn't she come back then?" Allie asked.

"I don't know. Probably did stay to help her friend but that is all I did," Chloe answered sadly.

Just then some people in uniforms came in and whispered something to Matthew who looked quite shocked.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other in surprise silently asking each other what was going on.

"Chloe, these policemen would like to talk to you for a moment," Matthew said.

"What?" Chloe asked looking extremely surprised.

"Did you have anything to do with disappearance of Lisa Reeves?" the policeman asked.

"She's missing? I had no idea," Chloe answered.

"She was officially reported missing yesterday. You were the last person to have contact with her," the policeman continued.

"No that isn't possible, the last time I saw her was at this house and maybe I talked to her on the phone when she had called before," Chloe replied.

"Really?" the policeman asked.

"Yes that is the truth. Why are you asking me this?" Chloe asked surprised.

"Because this is a current investigation and we are trying to get to the truth to what really happened. Where were you the last couple of days?" he asked in a firm tone.

"I was here with the other girls filming this show and I was in the house most of the time," Chloe replied.

"So you haven't left the house by yourself say yesterday?" the policeman asked again.

"No I haven't. Why do you keep asking me these questions?" Chloe asked exasperated.

"Because we have evidence to say the contrary," he replied.

"What are you talking about?" Chloe asked looking up in surprise.

"Is this yours?" He asked bringing out a plastic bag with a card in it.

"That's my business card but how did you get it?" Chloe asked.

"We found it left on the floor near an apartment where she was last seen. I think you're going to have to come with us," the policeman said gesturing to his partner to come forward.

"I don't know how my card got there but it wasn't me," Chloe tried to explain again.

"That's what they all say," the policeman replied and started talking to the producer.

"What do you think of the whole situation?" Harry asked Hermione in a whisper.

"I don't know Chloe all that well but I don't think we're seeing the whole picture," Hermione answered.

"I think that something is off with this as well. Do you think that she did it?" Harry asked.

"Honestly I don't. This whole is just strange," Hermione replied with a sigh.

"I think so too. I think this requires some investigating," Harry answered.

"Are you suggesting that we look into the situation?" Hermione asked raising her eyebrows.

"Well I know that you want to so I thought that I'd say it first," Harry whispered back.

"Please Harry. Don't use me as an excuse. You never could sit still for very long," Hermione replied back.

Harry smiled in response and walked up closer to see if he could take a look at the evidence and saw that Hermione was walking forward as well.

"What's going on?" Harry asked Matthew.

"I think that right now they want to hold off on the filming of the show for now," Matthew explained.

"Do you think they will go for that?" Harry asked.

"I'm not totally sure but from what I hear the producer wants to continue to show as if Chloe was eliminated," Matthew replied.

"He wants to stay away from the bad publicity right? But we don't even know if Chloe had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance at all," Harry added.

"True but she did admit to causing another contestant to leave so in that way she is already eliminated and that's all that matters," Matthew explained.

"I see. I guess that makes sense in a way. Do you think you could do me a favor?" Harry asked.

"I will if I can," Matthew answered.

"Do you think it would be possible for you to come up with a way for Hermione and I to go off and do a bit of our own thing for a couple of hours without making Allie or Christine suspicious?" Harry asked.

"I'm sure that I can come up with something but do I even want to know what you're up to?" Matthew inquired.

"Maybe it's best that you don't know then. Thanks a lot," Harry told him and turned towards Hermione.

"So what were you guys talking about?" Hermione asked.

"I was just asking him about what's happening right now," Harry explained.

"And…." Hermione prompted.

"Well it seems as if no matter what happens that Chloe has already been booted from the show because of how she handled the Lisa situation and now they don't want anything to do with her because they don't want any of the bad PR," Harry answered.

"So that means it would be possible for this to be a setup because if somebody knew about how this thing works then they could get particular people to leave the show and save themselves," Hermione added thoughtfully.

"And that would put the main suspicious on Christine or Allie then right?" Harry added.

"Well it is more highly likely to be one of the remaining contestants. But there is still a slight possibility it could be someone who works behind the scenes as well," Hermione said.

"Well that's possible but they don't seem to have a reason to do that though," Harry replied.

"Yes I'll admit that is not as likely and did you notice how Allie and Chloe seemed a bit chummy earlier?" Hermione asked.

"I did notice that they were talking alone a bit and were together most of the time," Harry answered after thinking a moment.

"Well while you were chatting with Matthew I took the opportunity to talk to Christine for a bit. I wanted to chat with Allie but she was talking with somebody else," Hermione piped up.

"I always knew you were never one to sit down and wait for answers. What did she say?" Harry asked eagerly.

"Well from what I got from her is this vibe where she doesn't seem to know anything and was upset to hear that someone she would call a friend would do something like this. She was very shocked but she really hopes that Chloe didn't do it. She doesn't seem to think that she could do something like that," Hermione replied.

"Well I doubt that Christine had anything to do with it but you know as we have found out that things are not always want they seem," Harry commented.

"I agree but my instincts tell me that this is more likely a work of Allie," Hermione told him.

"Well then we have some investigating to do. I already talked with Matthew and he said that he'll come up with a reason why we're not around here. I think that I'll have a quick chat with Allie," Harry replied looking around.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Hermione asked nervously.

"What? You don't trust my investigation skills?" Harry asked hurt showing in his eyes.

"Of course I trust you but Allie seems to be tricky and we don't know much about what types of magic she may be using. Just be careful," Hermione countered.

"I promise that I'll be careful as long as you promise to keep out of trouble," Harry pointed out.

"I'm always careful," Hermione retorted.

"So where exactly are you going?" Harry asked.

"I'm just going to get a closer look at the evidence," Hermione answered.

"Okay then remember to call me once you find some answers," Harry told her.

"I will. Remember be careful and be on guard," Hermione reminded him.

"Okay, okay. Let's get going now," Harry told her.

Hermione watched Harry walk towards Allie with a heavy heart and then headed off herself to the police station.

"Hi Allie, how are you doing?" Harry asked softly.

"Hi Harry, I'm not doing that great," Allie replied with a slight smile.

"It has been a crazy time right now. Do you think that Chloe did it?" Harry asked carefully.

"You want to know what I think?" Allie asked.

"Of course, I think it would be good for all of us to talk it out," Harry replied.

"Honestly I am quite surprised about the whole thing. Chloe did not seem like the type of person who would do something like this," Allie answered.

"Did you get the sense of anything when you were talking with her earlier?" Harry asked.

"Not at all, I mean she seemed a little quieter than usual but that was all. She seemed to be fine the last time I saw her though," Allie added.

"So you don't think that she had anything to do with her disappearance?" Harry asked.

"I don't think so but I don't know her all that well so I can't be a hundred percent sure," Allie replied looking at him.

"So did you know anything about Lisa's disappearance?" Harry asked.

"No, why would you even ask me something like that? Do you think I had something to do with it?" Allie asked obviously upset.

"I am not at all suggesting that. Is there something you would like to tell me?" Harry countered.

"I'm sorry but it just seemed like you were directly asking me about it and I just couldn't believe that you would think so horribly of me" Allie broke off in tears.

"I'm not saying that you had anything to do with it but I just feel like you're keeping something from me and that's why I was asking," Harry answered smoothly.

"That's all?" Allie asked quietly.

"Yes that's the only reason I was asking you anything," Harry answered.

"Well then there is something that I have been keeping a secret," Allie replied with a sigh.

"And what is it?" Harry asked eagerly.

"Well the truth is that I know who are. I've heard about you since I was young and I know that you're a wizard," Allie replied slowly.

"Oh, and is that it?" Harry asked.

"Well there is this one other thing is that when I first signed up for the show I didn't know that you would be in it and I was quite surprised that you would even be on a show like this. Are you mad that I never told you?" Allie added.

"I can't be really because since we're on camera most of the time it would be hard for you to tell me and it's not like I actually told you myself so I can't really be mad about that," Harry replied.

"Are you sure? Because I don't want to be rude or anything but I feel like you've been avoiding me and I just want this competition to be fair and that I have an equal chance of making it to the next round," Allie asked.

"What would make you think that?" Harry asked.

"It's just a feeling that I get from you and I'm really hoping that I'm wrong but if its true I would really just like to know," Allie replied

"Well I'm not avoiding you or else I wouldn't be talking to you right now would I?" Harry answered.

"I guess so but it seems more like you're question me than trying to see how I am," Allie answered.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I'm really not at all trying to avoid you," Harry replied softly.

Allie looked up at him slowly with a hopeful look in her eyes and slightly smiled as Harry began to feel his worries slip away from him.

"Really?" Allie asked.

"I'm positive, I don't see any reason why I would be avoiding you," Harry commented.

"So out of curiosity, who would you have chosen to stay me or Chloe?" Allie asked with a smile slightly touching his arm.

"I would have picked you," Harry answered.

"Then I guess it all worked out," Allie replied.

"I guess so," Harry answered with a grin.

*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione had gone to the police station and silently followed the police to where they took Chloe and watched to see where they placed her file and evidence. She knew that she had to act quickly to take a peep at the file without arousing suspicion.

She came up with a quick idea and grabbed a cup of tea and pretended to trip and spilled the drink all over the receptionist.

"I'm so sorry. Let me help you" Hermione exclaimed mortified.

"That's alright, I'll go clean it up by myself. Just wait here," the receptionist told her.

Hermione nodded looking down and waited until she was gone when she went behind the desk and took the file and quickly noted down the address of the apartment and placed the file back and quickly went back outside just in time to see the receptionist come back.

"So now what would you like?" She asked.

"I wanted to have a chance to talk to someone that was just brought in. Her name is Chloe," Hermione told her.

"I'll see if she can have any visitors," She replied dialing a number.

Hermione waited a few moments as she processed the events of the day.

"Okay we'll let you see her for a few minutes," the receptionist said as she hung up the phone.

Hermione nodded and followed her into a small room and waited for a few moments before Chloe entered the room.

Hermione smiled a little as she watched Chloe's look of surprise.

"Hi Chloe," Hermione said carefully.

"What are you doing here?" Chloe asked.

"I'm here to see how you're doing," Hermione explained.

"I'm doing as well as I possibly can here in holding," Chloe replied.

"So what really happened?" Hermione asked.

"What do you mean?" Chloe asked confused.

"I mean I believe that you didn't have anything to do with Lisa' disappearance but I was just wondering what made you tell that lie to Lisa?" Hermione asked again.

"Honestly I don't know. It just felt like something that I had to do. It just popped into my head out of nowhere and then I did it. It was really strange and then today…" Chloe started.

"What happened today?" Hermione asked.

"I was just talking with Allie last night and then I don't really remember what happened afterwards and then before I knew it was time for the date," Chloe explained.

"You don't remember anything?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing, totally blanked out," Chloe replied.

"Why didn't you tell the police that?" Hermione asked.

"Because it would make me look even more suspicious," Chloe answered.

"You're right. It would, do you have any recollection of the place they said that you went to?" Hermione asked.

"I don't remember it at all when they showed it to me. Do you think any of the other girls will come and visit me?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know but did you want to talk to Allie?" Hermione asked slowly.

"No, I just wanted to know if anybody else was going to visit me that's all," Chloe replied.

"If it makes you feel any better I think that Harry believes in you too," Hermione replied after a moment.

"You think so?" Chloe asked with a smile.

"Your time's up," the guard interjected.

"I do and I will try to help you get out," Hermione told her.

"Don't, please don't bother. I'm sure that everything will work out because I didn't do it," Chloe replied.

"I'm sure that it will but it doesn't hurt to check it out," Hermione added.

"Hermione please don't," Chloe said before heading back inside.

Hermione was quite shocked to hear that she didn't want her to help but shook it off as that she didn't want her to get hurt or go to so much trouble.

"Mind your own business if you know what's best for you."

"What?" Hermione said and looked around and saw nobody but had the feeling that she was being watched and hurried out of the building.

*~*~*~*~

"Thanks for believing in me Harry," Allie told him.

"No problem," Harry replied with a smile.

"Do you know where Hermione is?" Allie asked.

"I have no idea but I'm sure that she's around," Harry answered.

"Yeah," Allie answered looking around.

"Why are you so interested in Hermione?" Harry asked suddenly.

"What?" Allie asked taken aback.

"It's just that you always seemed interested in knowing where she is and I just was curious as to why you are that way," Harry added.

"I am but because I want to be her friend and I think she's great and I just want to get to know her better," Allie explained.

"Well Hermione is a great person," Harry replied with a smile.

"I think that you should take a chance and talk to Christine now," Allie suggested.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" Harry asked in a teasing tone.

"Of course not but I wouldn't want to accused of hogging all of your time," Allie replied.

"I was thinking of finding some time to chat with Christine so I guess now is a good time. I'll see you later?" Harry asked.

"I'll be waiting," Allie answered with a smile.

Harry headed off to Christine and said softly, "Hey."

"Harry hi," Christine replied trying to smile.

"How are you doing?" Harry inquired.

"I'm just feeling really sad," Christine answered.

"The whole situation is horrible," Harry responded.

"First of all I just can't believe Chloe would do something like that. I have spent all this time with her and we have really talked and I didn't think she was like that at all. And then now Lisa's really disappeared?" Christine added sadly.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Nobody could have seen this coming," Harry smoothly patted her on the back.

"And it's not only that really. The whole thing is unbelievable; I don't think Chloe would do something like this. It's just a gut feeling that I have and it usually isn't wrong," Christine replied.

"I don't think that she has anything to do with either," Harry added.

"I'm just hoping everything just gets sorted out soon and I really hope that they find Lisa really soon. I can't believe that she's really missing. I just talked to her a few days ago," Christine said sadly.

"I'm sure that the police will do all they can and that she'll be found soon," Harry added.

"I'm sorry but I'm just really emotional right now. This situation reminds me of my last boyfriend and makes me really sad," Christine replied with a few tears.

"Come here," Harry said giving her a hug.

"I'm really sorry but I can't help thinking about it," Christine told her.

"There's no need to be sorry. We're all upset about what happened and I think about one of my friends that passed on even now many years later," Harry replied.

Christine pulled away after a little while and smiled, "Thanks Harry."

"Are you really okay?" Harry asked.

"I will be. I'm going to be positive and thanks again," Christine replied.

"I'll see you later then," Harry replied looking at his watch and then started to look around for Hermione.

*~*~*~*~

Hermione was just looking at the address and knew that it had looked familiar. It was at a place near where she had gone to meet Joan but not the same place but pretty close. This made her a bit suspicious so she decided to take a look inside. She tried the door but it was locked so she unlocked it with her wand

She stepped inside and saw that the place basically empty. There were tables and chairs but it didn't seem like anybody was actually living in the apartment. She wanted to look for any sign of maybe Lisa actually being there or Chloe being there.

She spent quite a bit of time looking around and saw absolutely nothing but she didn't want to give up so she decided on using another strategy. She decided to use a spell to see if anything had been hidden from her. And she saw that nothing seemed to appear before her.

Just then her phone rang and she picked it up, "Hello?"

"Hermione where are you?" Harry asked concerned.

"I'm investigating at this place," Hermione answered.

"Alone? I told you to call me if you found anything," Harry scolded her gently.

"Relax Harry. I know what I'm doing and I haven't found anything substantial yet. How about you?" Hermione inquired.

"Nothing really," Harry answered.

"You got nothing from Allie?" Hermione asked.

"You know I've been thinking that maybe Allie didn't have anything to with this," Harry answered.

"What? I thought we have been over this, she is the most likely person of the contestants to have anything to do with Lisa's disappearance," Hermione added.

"Well I agree with that but we don't have any evidence to say that she really did have anything to do with it," Harry added.

"What about the fact that she is so interested in looking into me?" Hermione pointed out.

"Well maybe she just wants to be your friend," Harry replied.

"But researching me? That's not normal," Hermione countered.

"Maybe she does it because she wants to be thorough," Harry suggested.

"Okay just wait for me, there's something I need to tell you in person," Hermione replied with a heavy sigh.

"See you in a bit," Harry added.

"You idiot. I told you to be careful," Hermione murmured to herself and apparated back to the mansion and walked inside and nearly jumped when she heard a voice say, "So what did you want to say to me?"

"Harry you shouldn't sneak up on people like that," Hermione scolded him.

"I'm sorry about that but I just wanted to help you find what you were looking for," Harry replied with a smile.

"And what was I looking for?" Hermione asked.

"A great looking guy," Harry answered.

"Where?" Hermione asked looking frantically around.

"Ha, ha okay I'm going," Harry replied walking away.

Hermione pulled him back, "Come here."

"That's what I'm talking about. So what did you want to talk to me about?" Harry asked.

"Did you get anything about what Allie was chatting with Chloe about?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing special from what I heard. Is there something that I'm missing?" Harry asked raising his eyebrows.

"I was just chatting with Chloe and she sounded really out of it and from what she told me she doesn't remember what happened last night or why she did tell Lisa that lie but the only thing she did remember was talking with Allie," Hermione explained.

"She doesn't remember anything?" Harry asked thoughtfully.

"I thought that was strange as well because normally with blackouts it happens but you don't wake up dressed and just before the date," Hermione replied.

"I see what you're getting at. This does seem quite unusual and she didn't tell the police because that would make her look more suspicious. But logically doesn't that make it seem like maybe she could have done it?" Harry asked softly.

"If you just look at it like that then maybe you could be right but I happened to visit that place where she supposed met Lisa and guess where it was?" Hermione asked.

"Don't tell it was over there," Harry asked surprised.

"Not exactly but it looked that place and it was really close to Joan' s apartment. That cannot be a coincidence and pair that up with the fact that Allie was the last person who talked to Lisa and that leads to too many coincidences that don't add up," Hermione commented.

"You're right. The more I think about it, the more suspicious that she looks but we still don't have any proof and part of me still thinks that she didn't do it or at least she didn't plan it alone," Harry said slowly sitting down.

"You know she probably didn't. I remember when I chatted with Joan I saw Allie and that she was in the mansion so she definitely didn't make the phone call from Joan. That means that somebody else made the phone call. I remember seeing some figure in her room before that looked quite sinister," Hermione added.

"Well then she was probably corrupted," Harry added.

"Harry, what exactly did she tell you?" Hermione asked shaking her head.

"Well she told me that she knew that I was a wizard you know and she seemed so sincerely sad about Chloe and the more we talked and my suspicious just felt like they weren't important anymore. I didn't even think about them anymore until you mentioned them again in that logical way that you did," Harry answered.

"After all of your years of training and everything that you have seen, you know that things aren't always what they seem and that people are more complicated than you thought," Hermione said softly.

"I know but I just want to give her a fair chance. Innocent until proven guilty," Harry added.

"She got to you didn't she?" Hermione asked sadly.

"Don't look at me like that, its not that I don't believe you or have any suspicions about her. I just don't want to automatically condemn her," Harry explained.

"What you say makes sense but my gut tells me otherwise," Hermione added.

"I get it, but don't worry about me so much. I can take care of myself," Harry replied.

"You've been saying that for years and no I will never stop worrying about you," Hermione answered.

Harry gave her a hug and they walked off in the direction of the hall silently.

"You do know that you're very important to me right? That I wouldn't let anybody hurt you," Harry whispered to her.

"I know and you know that goes the same for me," Hermione said with a slight smile.

"Do you need me to do anything for you?" Harry asked.

"Well now that you mention it, I was hoping you could do me a favor," Hermione asked.

"Of course, what is it?" Harry asked.

"I want to go back and take a look in that apartment again. Could you keep an eye on Allie for me?" Hermione asked.

"I think that you shouldn't go back there alone, I'll come with you," Harry protested.

"I appreciate that you want to protect me but its more important to me that you keep an eye on Allie. Could you do that for me please?" Hermione pleaded.

"Fine but if you're not back in 30 minutes I'll come looking for you so you better give me the address too," Harry added.

"I am a grown woman and I don't need a curfew. How about in a hour?" Hermione asked.

"I know you're capable but definitely not an hour. 45 minutes and that's final," Harry answered.

"I love that you want to protect me but I'd say that you better be careful yourself," Hermione added writing down the address.

"Like I have said, I can take care of myself," Harry retorted.

"Yeah be careful around her and don't tell her anything," Hermione reminded him.

"I'm totally insulted. I would never do anything to jeopardize you safety," Harry replied with mock anger.

"I know that but you never know," Hermione added looking down.

"No listen to me, no matter what I will not do anything to hurt you. Our relationship is important to me. You're important to me. She could never break that no matter what spell she uses. She can't change what's inside," Harry said seriously as he took her arm.

Hermione nodded and walked away.

"You trust me?" Harry asked.

"Always," Hermione replied with a smile.

Harry walked back inside and was looking around but he didn't see anybody around besides the crew.

"If you're looking for either Allie or Christine, I'm afraid that they're off in the studio doing some interviews and press stuff. They won't be back for a couple of hours," the camera man said.

"Thanks for letting me know," Harry replied with a smile.

Harry headed upstairs and had the sudden thought to take a look into Allie's room and do some work of his own and proceeded to head towards the room that he knew was Allies. The door was unlocked so he just walked inside. He knew that there were cameras but he turned them off with a quick wave of his hand.

He didn't know what he was looking for or where to start so he started to go through drawers to see if he could find anything of interest so decided to look in the closet and with a wave of his wand he began to see a few items appear before him. One was a notebook that appeared to be her journal as well as an old record player as well as a couple of boxes.

He opened the box first and found a few medals for great achievement in her studies as well as a few certificates for adoption and graduating from Faerway's. Nothing telling him much about her, so he opened the next box. Now this box was filled with different ids for different places as well as bugs and other equipment.

The next thing he opened hesitantly at first because after all a journal was supposed to be private. But the pages he found were blank. Which meant that they were probably protected from prying eyes but he tried using a few different spells but nothing appeared and was about to try again but then he saw the record player blink which was quite odd and quickly hid himself as he watched an image pop up in front of him.

"Where have you been? I haven't heard from you in a month and I wanted to see how you were doing and I hope that you have given up on that idea you had before about looking for your family because I and your teachers at Faerway's don't think that is the best way for you to heel. We're really worried about you. You have so much potential and future ahead of you. Don't throw it all away," an older women wearing a hood said.

"What is she planning to do with her family that has gotten her so worried about Allie?" Harry wondered to himself.

*~*~*~*~

Hermione headed back into the apartment as quietly as she could because she didn't want to draw any attention to herself.

Being the observant person that she was she quickly scanned the apartment and notice that some of the chairs had been moved and that somebody had come back home but looking around she realized that they must have left again.

She did another quick scan with her wand and this time noticed a few small bits of a fingerprint on the desk and used her fingerprint identifier as well as a bit of magic to lift it off the coffee table and in less than a minute it put out a picture of the person who owned one of the finger prints to be Lisa and the other bits belonged to someone who wasn't registered in the database.

`So Lisa had been here but why would she come her and not go back to the mansion? And who does the other fingerprint belong to?' She asked herself.

She then continued examining the furniture but found nothing. She didn't give up though because she felt like she was missing a very important piece of the puzzle and decided to try to look for a secret room or something like that because people don't vanish into thin air. She then started to search thoroughly by touching the walls to see if they triggered any doors appearing in front of her. Nothing seemed to happen so she then tried to move other objects around to see if that did anything. Once again nothing happened so she tried one last time to use magic to reveal objects and after trying a couple of different spells, a box appeared in front of her which made her smile. She opened the box and took out a book which she opened and finally a door opened and she walked inside.

It was extremely dark inside so she searched for a light and saw that in the room was a very large and complex computer laboratory with many different monitors and keys as wells as many different books. Some of which were on muggle topics but the majority of the books were on topics in the magical world. As she continued to search around she thought she saw something hidden behind the back of one of the vents and saw that it was a cell phone. Being the curious person that she was she turned the phone on and used magic to unlock the phone and she looked through the phone numbers to determine who's phone it was on the floor.

After looking through a few messages she found one as follows:

L- meet me at 4330 Birchirm road. It's important A.

She now knew that this was Lisa's phone so she must have entered this room but what actually happened she still did not know.

She then turned on the computer system and used one of her decryption programs to unlock the system and after about 20 minutes she finally go through.

"I've got to hand it to the maker of the system. They made quite a difficult code or else it wouldn't have taken so long to break," Hermione murmured to herself.

She then looked through the files in the computer which were organized by day and time. She looked through the files of a few of the days and saw nothing so she continued on to the more recent files and clicked onto the file from yesterday and at first the video showed nothing and was blank but then Lisa appeared on the screen walking into the apartment and taking a seat. She was looking at her watch as she was in a hurry to leave. About 10 minutes Allie had came in with a smile and said, "Hi."

"Allie, why did you ask me to come here? Is this place yours?" Lisa asked.

"I wanted to have a private chat with you and no. This is my friend's place and she was just away for a few days so I borrowed it," Allie replied with a smile.

"Okay, what did you want to talk to me about?" Lisa asked slightly fidgeting.

"I just wanted to ask you a couple of questions," Allie replied.

"So…" Lisa asked.

"What do you think about how Chloe did to you?" Allie asked.

"At first I was upset about it but I think that it happened at the right time because it was the right time for me to go and visit her so it really turned out to be the right thing to do," Lisa answered.

"So you're not mad at her anymore?" Allie asked.

"No I'm not. In fact I should probably thank her," Lisa replied with a laugh.

"That's really good. Chloe really didn't mean any harm when she did it I'm sure. So why are you back?" Allie asked.

"I was hoping I could try to talk the producers to let me come back on the show," Lisa admitted.

"You are?" Allie asked sharply.

"You don't have a problem with that do you?" Lisa asked.

"Of course not, if you can come back that would be awesome. We've all missed you but don't you think that you're just pressing your luck?" Allie inquired.

"What do you mean?" Lisa asked.

"Well it just makes things so much more complicated now. We've been filming ahead of time now and the show has moved on so if you came back it wouldn't really be fair to the rest of us and we would have to do a lot of things all over again," Allie replied.

"I didn't think of it that way, That would make things really complicated wouldn't it?" Lisa commented sitting down.

"And then we would have to edit the stuff that has already been filmed and then explain why you came back and that would be against the rules," Allie pointed out.

"That's true but I still have to try or else I know that I'll regret it," Lisa said after thinking for awhile.

"Are you sure that you don't want to reconsider?" Allie asked.

"I know you're trying to look out for me but it is going to be fine. I have prepared myself for being rejected," Lisa told her.

"So there's nothing I can do to stop you is there?" Allie asked.

"I've made up my mind so no," Lisa replied.

"Then I'm sorry," Allie said signaled a cloaked person come up behind Lisa.

"What..." Lisa started before she fainted and fell to the ground.

Allie just sat down and the cloaked figure removed the hood to review that it was Chloe.

"No… it couldn't be…." Hermione said to herself and stopped the video and began to look around for anything else to prove otherwise.

She then found hidden behind a stack of books a birth certificate for Allison Anne Granger. And behind it was a letter.

Dear Ms. Renshaw,

We have finally found your biological parents. It was very difficult to do so but after many months we have finally traced back to England to a Mr and Mrs. Granger. You also have a sister named Hermione. I have sent you all the information that I have found with this letter.

Sincerely

Patrick McFlamboyle.

Private Investigation

Muggle division

"This isn't possible. I don't have a sister. It must be another Hermione," Hermione told herself.

"I thought so to but it's all true," A voice behind her said.

Hermione turned around slowly and found herself staring at a dark figure.

"Who are you?" Hermione asked.

"That doesn't matter now because you're going to take a little nap," the figure said and with a snap of the figures she was gone.

Hermione began to feel sleepy and felt herself fall to the ground.

*~*~*~*

Harry was looking at his watch and something in his gut told him that something was wrong and he quickly headed out the door.

`Please let her be okay,' Harry thought to himself.

-->