Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: I am so sorry about the length it takes for me to update. Once again real life kept me from writing and everything so I would write a little bit for a while so I could never finish the chapter. I would like to thank all of my readers and reviewers for continuing to read this fanfic. It really does mean so much to me and your comments are very much appreciated. Please keep reading and reviewing. It really does motivate me to keep writing. I hope you enjoy this long over due update.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. Harry Potter is the creating of J.K. Rowling and I am not affiliated with JK Rowling or ABC in any way. This fic is written for entertainment purposes only.

By: heaven85

Chapter 12

As they entered the club they found that it was a very large and very comfortable place with shimmering lights dangling above the floors were put together in a classic marble, black and brown design filled with a couple of pool tables, sofas, tables and chairs. There were also candles on the tables to create a romantic atmosphere. Harry headed towards the front of the room where the waiter greeted him.

"Hello Mr. Potter," a young man stated.

"Hello, it's great to meet you," Harry replied with a gigantic smile.

"I hope that all of you like to eat Japanese food," the manager said.

"I'm sure we will," Chloe responded flashing a dazzling grin to the manager.

"That's good to hear. We have brought a well-known Japanese chef over here from Japan to cook some of his famous teriyaki noodles and sushi as well as some other specialties," the manager added pointing over to the older Japanese chef in the white outfit.

He looked very professional and Hermione noticed that his hands contained scars displaying his long hard work and skill as a chef.

"He looks like a great chef. I think he looks familiar. Have you heard of him?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I have no idea," Harry whispered back softly.

"Did you ask me something?" Christine asked.

"I was just wondering if you knew who the chef was," Harry replied quickly.

"That's the world renowned Japanese chef Ken Tsuenko. He has won numerous awards and medals in Japan," Christine explained surprised.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Harry asked curiously.

"It's just that he was on the news and television screen very often these last couple of years. He's hard to miss so I was wondering that it's kind of strange that you haven't heard of him that's all," Christine replied.

"Oh, that's why he seemed familiar. I remember mum watching him on the television screen. She really would have loved to have a chance to go eat some of his food," Hermione explained to Harry after thinking for about a few moments.

"Actually it's just that the name sounded familiar but I just never had been that great with Japanese names," Harry explained sheepishly.

"Don't worry about it. I have never been great with foreign names myself. I just knew this name because I've heard it so many times," Christine replied reassuringly.

Harry smiled and was about to say something when Allie touched his arm and started leading him over to another table.

"Are you okay?" Allie asked concerned.

"She is such a faker." Hermione muttered under her breath.

"What did you say?" Harry asked puzzled.

Hermione brightened after a moment and replied, "It's time to have a little fun. Tell her: What do you mean? Are you okay?"

"What do you mean? Are you okay?" Harry asked Allie.

Allie almost choked on the drink she was sipping and turned and said, "What do you mean by that?"

"You're just looking a little bit sick today, so I just wanted to know if you were okay," Hermione told him quickly with a large smile on her face as she saw her reaction.

"You're just looking a bit sick today, so I just wanted to know if you were okay," Harry repeated with a smile.

"I do? I'm sorry to worry you then but I really feel fine. Excuse me while I go to the ladies room," Allie replied flustered for a few seconds.

"I can't believe you made me say that," Harry muttered back.

"I was doing you a favour. I don't think you want her to know what was really going on do you?" Hermione asked.

"No," Harry answered back.

"Harry, why don't you come on over and play some pool with us?" Chloe asked.

"Sure," Harry said with a smile.

"Do you know how to play pool?" Hermione asked skeptically.

"I might not be the best player in the world but I can hold my own," Harry answered back in a whisper

"Well I can't wait to see how well you do then," Hermione replied with a smile.

"I haven't played pool for quite a long time so I might not be very good," Chloe told Harry with a smile.

"Don't worry. I'm not an expert myself," Harry told her reassuringly.

"There are just a ton of rules so its hard to become an expert in them, what do you want to play 8 Ball?" Chloe asked.

"Sure, if that's alright with everyone else?" Harry asked.

"It doesn't really matter to me," Christine answered while Allie nodded.

Sue looked a little apprehensive so Harry spoke up, "Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page regarding the rules. I will go over them once and they are the ones that we will follow. I'm sure we all have learned variations of the rules from other people."

Sue smiled appreciative at Harry and that caused Hermione to smile and said, "That was very observant of you Harry to notice that Sue wasn't feeling very comfortable. I'm impressed."

Harry smiled widely and continued, "Eight-Ball is a call shot game played with 15 balls and a cue ball. They are numbered 1 through to 15. One player must pocket the balls that are number 1-7 which can be seen as the solid coloured balls and the other player must hit the rest which are in stripes. Whichever player pockets their group first and then pocket the 8-ball wins the game. If the player pockets a ball then they continue until they miss their shot. Now I just want to know if you guys want to play in teams or one-on-one against me."

"Well I think we should play it round robin style just because there are only 5 of us all together and it would be much more fun," Allie commented.

"Well that sounds fine but how often has everyone played?" Harry asked.

"Well to be honest, I haven't played very often or lately but I'd say I can stand my ground," Sue replied.

"I haven't played in years but I think I can remember how the play," Christine added with a smile.

"I actually just started to play recently so I have no problems with playing it tournament style," Chloe added.

"So how well do you play?" Hermione asked Harry curiously.

"Just wait and see," Harry murmured to her.

"Okay then that means, we'll play one-on-one. So who wants to play first?" Harry asked.

"I'll try," Sue interjected nervously.

"Great," Harry replied with a smile.

"Okay so let me see if I remember. My feet and shoulders should be the same width apart and I place the cue between these two fingers and my position must be stable right?" Sue asked nervously.

Harry took a look and before he could say anything he heard Hermione say, "Tell her that her cue should be out about another inch."

Harry raised his eyebrows in response but told Sue just the same so Hermione spoke up, "I'm doing some research on the game just so I understand it better."

"Okay, why don't you start first?" Harry asked.

"So I'm hitting the striped ones?" Sue inquired.

"Sure, go on ahead," Harry replied shrugging his shoulders.

Sue took a deep breath leaned in and aimed the cue to strike the white ball at the center and managed to pocket one of the striped balls.

"Great job," Harry commented.

"Thanks," Sue replied with a flush to her cheeks.

Sue began to look at the setup of the rest of the balls and moved over to the spot where she thought was the easiest for her to pocket another ball. She took a deep breath and leaned forward and aimed the white ball in the direct that she wanted to hit. She knew that she needed to hit it at an angle to allow the impact of the strike to get the ball to head into the direction of the closest pocket. She took the swing and managed to get the ball to land really close to the pocket but it didn't go in.

"That was a tough shot but you did a great job." Harry commented.

"Thanks, it's your turn," Sue replied with a smile.

"Are you sure you know what you are doing? I can help you out," Hermione added in amused tone.

"Of course I do or else I wouldn't have suggested it," Harry calmed stated back.

"Okay but if you need me you know where I am," Hermione told him with a smile.

Harry looked at the pattern of the balls that were facing him and noted the position of each of the balls and thought of the best strategy for him to take on in order to be able to continue on. He was actually a very good billiard player and he smiled as he knew that Hermione did not know this. He expertly knocked two of his targets into their respected pockets.

"Great shot," Allie replied enthusiastically.

"You obviously played this game before haven't you?" Hermione asked.

Harry just nodded his answer and continued on to his next shot. He hit three more balls in the pocket before finally missing.

"You are definitely a very good pool player. Do you have any advice for beginners?" Sue asked.

"Well it does take a lot of practice to be good at this game and where you hit each ball is very important as well as the angle of your swing," Harry answered.

"So basically we just need to practice?" Christine interjected.

"Yes. That is basically it. But I could always give you guys tips if you want," Harry answered with a slight smile.

"That would be great. I always wanted to learn to play better," Allie replied with a giant smile.

Hermione watched this while shaking her head. `That girl will say anything to get to spend more time with Harry.'

"I will be happy to help out anybody who wants to learn more," Harry answered smiling at all of the girls.

"Why don't you propose that you will give a free lesson to the person that wins the tournament?" Hermione suggested.

"I would love to help out all of you but there just isn't enough time so how about I propose that I will give the person who wins this tournament a free lesson," Harry added.

"It is true that it would take too much time to help out each and every one of us so I think that it is a great idea," Christine replied thoughtfully.

"I also think that it's a great idea," Chloe answered with a grin.

"Well let's finish this game first then," Allie responded.

Sue then proceeded to knock three more of her target balls into the pocket.

"You definitely improve very quickly," Harry commented.

"Well I always strive to improve myself," Sue responded with a smile.

"That I think is a very important quality in life," Harry answered with admiration.

"I have always had to work really hard to get to where I am so I have learned to be a very quick study," Sue answered before she finally missed putting the target into the pocket.

"That was a very great run," Harry complimented Sue.

"Thanks," Sue responded brightly.

Hermione was watching this scene with a slight smile on her face but she felt a slight twinge of jealously which she quickly shook off before deciding to ask the question that has been on her mind for the last few minutes," When did you learn to play pool? Excuse yourself by asking to go to the rest room."

"Excuse me for a second, I need to use the rest room," Harry excused himself.

"That wasn't too hard now was it?" Hermione asked giggling.

"But guys don't use the term rest room," Harry said slightly embarrassed.

"Well, I thought that it would be less awkward then if you said that you needed to use the powder room," Hermione responded gleefully.

"You wouldn't ask me to say that would you?" Harry said physically paling.

"Then stop complaining. It's not an embarrassing word and please answer my question," Hermione told him.

"I have been playing for a few years now. I actually just stumbled upon this game once while I was working undercover and I found my way to this muggle bar and the person I was assigned to watch was playing this game and he asked me if I wanted to play and I did and I didn't do so well but he apparently liked my form and asked me if I wanted to meet him again another time after I had some time to practice so I couldn't give up this opportunity and I learned how to play pretty well," Harry explained.

"So all those times that you said….." Hermione began.

"I was practicing playing pool," Harry finished for her.

"You should have told me and I could have learned with you," Hermione answered.

"You want to learn how to play?" Harry inquired surprised.

"Yes I do, is it that surprising? A lot of people know how to play this kind of game so I wouldn't have thought that it would seem so strange to you that I wanted to play," Hermione explained.

"I would love to teach you the basics of this game," Harry said with a grin.

"You would?" Hermione asked.

"Of course I would, it would, it would be a great honour to be able to teach you anything," Harry said in a teasing tone.

"I know that you're just trying to bait me with that comment so I'm going to take it as a compliment," Hermione responded with a slight shake in the head.

"You're no fun," Harry commented.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Hermione prompted him.

"It means exactly what I say. Why didn't you just humor me with a response?" Harry asked.

"So you rather that instead of making no comment that I bite your ass off? Hermione asked with surprise in her voice.

"Not when you mention it like that," Harry commented looking slightly flushed.

"That's what I thought. I think you should head back or else they will think you have a strange bladder problem," Hermione said looking at the time while laughing.

"I think you're having a bit too much fun with this and don't you think that the others will wonder why you are laughing?" Harry inquired.

"Don't you ever listen to what I tell you? I put at sound blocking charm around this room so they can't hear anything that I'm saying to you," Hermione replied in a exasperated tone of voice.

"Oh right, I remembered that you mentioned that," Harry replied sheepishly.

"Just hurry up and get back to the girls," Hermione told him quickly.

Harry walked very quickly back to the room where the girls smiled as they saw him, "You were out there for quite a while, we were starting to get worried," Allie spoke up.

"I'm sorry if I worried you guys," Harry replied apologetically.

"Oh we were getting worried that maybe you had fallen in," Sue commented.

Hermione just giggled in response to that one and said, "Ask her if she would have saved you?"

"Would you have saved me?" Harry asked raising his eyebrows.

"I definitely would, though I think that people would wonder why I'm running into the men's room," Sue responded with a smile.

"It's good to know that I'm in safe hands," Harry answered with a large grin.

"I couldn't leave you stranded could I?" Sue answered with a grin.

Harry replied with a smile and said, "Why don't I finish the game?"

"Cocky now aren't you?" Sue teased him.

"I wouldn't say cocky, just confident in my own abilities," Harry answered after a thought.

"No, I'd say you were cocky. You've always been cocky," Hermione interjected to Harry.

"Well we'll see about that won't we?" Sue answered smiling.

Harry eyed each of the balls and confidently and quickly pocketed them winning the game.

"Well then now at least I know your confidence is well warranted," Sue answered quickly.

Harry just offered a grin and offered his hand as a sign of a good game.

"It was fun wasn't it?" Sue remarked.

"It really was," Harry answered back and turned around and walked a few spaces away before asking, "Why did you think that?"

"I never said that you weren't good but it doesn't mean that you aren't cocky," Hermione answered with a slightly amused tone in her voice.

"Well what can I say, I know what I can do," Harry replied with a smile.

"You do know that attitude of yours could have gotten you killed a bunch of times?" Hermione added in a knowing voice.

"Operative word almost. I didn't die now did I?" Harry replied very quietly.

"But you almost did. Look I know that right now, it's harmless but in the end it could cause trouble," Hermione asked quietly.

"Why are you bringing this up now?" Harry asked with a sigh.

"I'm sorry Harry. I know that it's not a big deal but it just brings back some bad memories," Hermione said quietly.

"No, Hermione I'm sorry. I should have realized that it would. You were there when it happened. You saw everything that happened. You were just worried about me," Harry responded.

"Thanks, it's been such a long time now. I'm really okay though you know. Anyways I also should point out that not all girls like cocky guys. We like confident guys but not cocky guys," Hermione reminded him.

"Thanks for the reminder Hermione. Do you really think that I'm that bad?" Harry inquired.

"No you're not. Sometimes you are but most of the time you aren't. You have a lot of other qualities make up for it," Hermione replied softly.

"Is there anything that I can do to make you feel better?" Harry asked softly.

Harry then felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned around.

"Harry?" Christine asked.

"Yes Christine, are you ready to play?" Harry replied quickly.

"I am but are you sure you are okay?" Christine asked concerned.

"Okay then. Tell her that you were crying because you were thinking about how your godfather died and that you couldn't do anything to save him" Hermione told him.

"I'm okay I was just…" Harry started.

"I want you to tell everybody. You did say that you wanted to help me feel better right?" Hermione added looking at his hesitancy.

Harry then said, "Do you mind if we sit down first?"

"Of course not," Christine answered with a look of surprise but followed him to the tables where the rest of the ladies sat.

"As I was just about to say that it is just not a great time for me right now because I was just thinking about how my godfather died and it makes me feel really sad because I wasn't able to save him," Harry told her.

"You should feel so bad Harry. I'm sure that you were not responsible," Chloe told him in an understanding tone.

"If you don't mind me asking but what happened?" Sue asked softly.

Hermione noticed that Harry looked a little puzzled as to how to answer so she decided to help him out and said "Don't look so shocked Harry. You don't have to give the details but just say how it happened generally. Tell them that you got some information and went to go check it out and somehow your godfather got wind of the information and came to help you out but he ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and by the time you found out you were too late."

"It's alright. I got some information from someone and I went to go check it out and somehow my godfather found out about it and he came to help me out but he… ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and when I found out about it I was too late to save him," Harry answered.

"There is no way that you would have known about that," Sue commented.

"Don't beat yourself up over it. It was an accident there is no way you could have prevented it," Christine told him giving him a hug.

"I kind of know how you feel, not exactly but it really was more my fault than anything. It was my brother and we got into this argument and I just ran off really upset. Being the great brother that he was he came after me and because of it he was hit by a car and he died," Allie said quietly.

"Allie I am so sorry. That must be a horrible feeling," Sue said giving her a hug.

"Allie, wow I'm so sorry to hear that but there was no way you knew about the car so it was not your fault," Harry told her with a understanding look.

"Everyone told me that it wasn't my fault, that it was just an accident but I just can't help feeling that it was my fault," Allie said to Harry.

"I know the feeling. You didn't have to tell us that you know," Harry replied walking over to Allie and gave her an affectionate squeeze.

"I know but I felt like that it was something I needed to get off my chest and thanks to you I felt like I could," Allie responded giving him a slight smile and a hug.

`What is she up to? I can't find anything on her and this would be something that the police would keep record of. I don't like how she seems to be getting closer to Harry.' Hermione thought to herself but she couldn't get the voice out of her head saying that maybe there really is nothing wrong with her and this was all because he liked Allie in a way that he could never like her.


-->