Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Bachelor- best friend edition by heaven85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Bachelor- best friend edition

heaven85

A/N: Sorry for the long wait between chapters. I hope you guys enjoy it and I apologize in advance it I missed some spelling etc. I hope you guys enjoy the story and the suspense. Please review as it really does speed up updates and enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

Chapter 23

Hermione headed back into the mansion and headed back upstairs.

A few moments later there was a knock on her door and she opened it.

"Who's there?" Hermione asked opening the door.

"Do you have a moment?" Christine asked.

"Of course, come on in," Hermione replied.

"I'm here for a couple of reasons," Christine explained.

"Okay," Hermione said sitting down on the bed.

"First of all I was just wondering if you don't exactly like hanging with us?" Christine asked.

"No, what would give you that idea?" Hermione asked.

"Because you are off on your errands a lot," Christine explained.

"No, not at all, I just had a lot of stuff that I had to do," Hermione added.

"I don't mean to be really suspicious but it seems weird that you have so many errands to run that the rest of us don't really seem to need to," Christine added.

Hermione started to pace a little bit trying to answer that one but said, "But it wasn't just errands for me, they were for some friends of mine and I head to go meet some of my friends and for my work because some people aren't as competent as they should be."

"I know how that can happen," Christine said with a laugh.

"Do you guys all feel that way?" Hermione asked nervously.

"A little bit but it was Allie who actually brought it up," Christine explained.

"What exactly did she say?" Hermione asked.

"Well she was just saying that she thought that it was strange that you were always out of the house and that maybe you were hiding something from us," Christine answered.

"What do you think?" Hermione inquired.

"Honestly, I don't know. Some of the things she said were out of line but a few things she said seemed to make some sense but something tells me that I can trust you," Christine answered after a moment.

"You do?" Hermione said.

"I do and everyone is entitled to their own secrets. And the other reason why I wanted to see you was to ask you what you thought about the whole Lisa situation," Christine added.

"Why are you asking me?" Hermione added.

"Well because you were the only person to actually be able to talk to the producer and you seem good at reading people," Christine answered.

"I guess that's true. Well the truth is I think the things that happened were all really strange but I can't really think of any reason why they would lie to us so I believe they said all they know. However, personally I feel like they should have been a bit more worried," Hermione answered.

"So you think that something's wrong?" Christine asked.

"I don't know anything for sure but it's just a feeling that I get. How do you feel?" Hermione answered.

"I'm actually still a little bit worried but the phone call did help a lot," Christine commented.

"Yeah, that phone call happened at the perfect time," Hermione added thoughtfully.

"What are you thinking?" Christine prompted.

"Nothing, so what do you think will happen tonight?" Hermione asked quickly to change the subject.

"I have no idea but speaking of tonight, I need to go and get ready," Christine added.

"I do too," Hermione replied.

"So I'll see you downstairs then," Christine said.

Hermione nodded and closed the door after she left and shook her head as she realized that she definitely needed to be more careful from now on with all the girls.

*~*~*~

Harry couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right all through the ride to the mansion and slowly walked up to the door and decided to just have a good time tonight and knocked on the door.

"Hello Harry," Matthew said answering the door.

"Hello Matthew, how are you doing today?" Harry asked.

"I'm doing alright. I'm sorry to see that Lisa left the show," Matthew replied.

"Yeah I am too. Did you hear anything else about what happened to her?" Harry casually asked.

"Nothing officially of course but I heard the producer on the phone and after he hung up seemed a tiny bit upset," Matthew replied.

"Do you know what the phone call was about?" Harry asked.

"No idea but don't ask Ken about it because he seemed not to like people asking him about it," Matthew advised him.

"Thanks for the advice," Harry told him with a smile.

"No problem, I've got to talk to a few people before the ceremony begins," Matthew told them.

"See you in a bit," Harry told him looking around to see if Hermione had come down yet.

Harry felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to see Allie standing there and he placed a smile on his face and asked, "Hello Allie, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing well and how are you doing?" Allie asked.

"Not too bad," Harry replied.

"So how do you feel about the Lisa leaving the show?" Allie asked.

"I'm sorry that she left before the elimination ceremony and that I didn't get the chance to get to know her even better," Harry answered carefully.

"I feel sad about that as well. I thought she could be a good friend as well," Allie added.

Harry said, `I'm sorry but I was told that I had to talk to the director about something before the ceremony."

"You've got to do what you have to," Allie answered.

"I'll see you later then," Harry told her quickly and walked off.

"He's avoiding me," Allie murmured to herself and walked towards the makeup area.

Harry stood quite a way away and took a deep breath and went over to talk to some of the camera crew.

"How are you doing Peter?" Harry asked.

"Not bad but not too good. Are you all set for tonight?" Peter asked.

"As ready as I can be," Harry replied.

"You should get back into the hall," Peter replied after listening to the mike.

"Thanks for the heads up," Harry replied walking towards the hall.

Hermione was walking down the stairs to get ready for the ceremony when she was pulled off to the side and turned around. She let go of the breath she was holding in when her eyes met with the familiar set of green eyes.

"You scared me," Hermione scolded him.

"I'm sorry but I wanted to talk to you before anyone else," Harry replied apologetically.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked concerned.

"Well nothing, there's nothing in particular that was wrong with me but I heard something," Harry answered.

"What did you hear?" Hermione asked softly.

"Nothing that is certain but Ken was worried about something," Harry answered.

"What do you think he was actually worried about?" Hermione asked.

"Well I felt like he was hiding something from me earlier today when he was talking about Lisa," Harry replied.

"So you think that Ken heard something that happened to Lisa but didn't tell us right?" Hermione replied slowly.

"Yes and how they all wanted us to say a few words about Lisa during the ceremony," Harry added.

"That doesn't sound very good but we need to find out what he knows then," Hermione commented.

"Do you have a plan?" Harry asked.

"Not yet but I will," Hermione answered with a smile.

"We'd better get going," Harry commented.

"Yeah we do need to be a bit more careful," Hermione nodded.

"Did something happen?" Harry asked.

"It's just lately I've been out of the house a lot and the girls are starting to notice and they want to know what's going on. Yes Allie was the one to actually bring it up but Christine mentioned that she did think about asking me about it and of course if I were them I would be suspicious as well," Hermione explained.

"I know what's going on and don't even go there," Harry scolded her lightly.

"So what exactly am I thinking?" Hermione asked raising her eyebrows.

"You're starting to feel bad about lying to them and you want to tell them to truth but," Harry started.

"But I shouldn't feel bad because it's all a part of the show and that they'll understand all of it because it wasn't like I wanted to hurt them," Hermione finished for him rolling her eyes but smiling.

"Good. If you didn't know that then I would start getting worried. After all you are a know-it-all," Harry replied.

"That's Miss know-it-all-who has-saved-your butt-at least -a -dozen-times to you," Hermione replied back slapping him playfully in the arm.

"I thought that a know-it-all could at least count," Harry teased her.

"And I thought that you were a gentleman," Hermione replied back.

"I'm always a gentleman," Harry responded gently taking her hand and kissed it with an exaggerated bow.

"What was that?" Hermione asked with a giggle.

"I was being a gentleman," Harry answered.

"You think that would convince me that you're a gentleman?" Hermione asked in between bursts of laughter.

"It isn't polite to laugh you know," Harry replied after he cleared his throat and placed his arm out.

"And now what are you doing?" Hermione asked holding back a giggle.

"It's it common knowledge that we allow ladies to go first and I am waiting to escort you inside," Harry answered raising his head in a serious manner.

"That isn't being polite. That is just chivalry. I thought that chivalry was dead but apparently it is being reborn in you," Hermione answered shaking her head.

"I was being completely polite in considering you a lady. I mean after your last burst of laughter I doubt anyone would consider you a lady. Suit yourself, there are surely a lot of girls that would love to take your place," Harry answered back with a sly grin.

Hermione glared at him and sputtered out, "You little ego…"

"Out of words? Anger does not suit you," Harry teased her walking away.

Hermione then followed quickly behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. Harry turned around surprised as she grabbed his glasses.

"Hermione what are you doing?" Harry asked trying to find her form.

"I'm right in front of you," Hermione said walking closer to him and pulled away as he reached for his glasses.

"You're not playing fair Hermione," Harry said with a little uncertainty.

"I'm over here," Hermione said waving the glasses.

"Two can play this game," Harry replied after a moment and grinned and pretended to trip and fell to the ground.

Hermione rushed to his side and asked with concern, "Are you okay?"

Harry lowered his head and placed his arms around her waist and lifted her up.

Hermione gasped in surprise and said, "What do you think that you are doing?"

"I'm helping you off your feet," Harry answered easily.

"Put me down this instant," Hermione exclaimed.

"Did you say higher?" Harry teased her.

"Don't you dare," Hermione said in a stern tone.

"Only if you apologize and give me back my glasses," Harry answered back.

"Why do I need to apologize?" Hermione answered.

"You really won't apologize?" Harry asked again.

"I shouldn't be the one apologizing," Hermione added.

"Okay then," Harry added and tickled her.

"Stop," Hermione replied in between giggles.

Harry shook his head with a grin and continued to tickler her and hoisted her higher up.

"Put me down. You know I don't like heights," Hermione exclaimed nervously.

"Only if you apologize," Harry answered.

"You are one little…" Hermione started.

"Excuse me, Harry?" A voice called out.

"Yes," Harry asked and quickly put Hermione down. Both of them a bit embarrassed.

"Both you and Ms Granger need to head into the hallway," a camera man told them.

"I'll be there in a minute," Harry answered and turned to see Hermione heading off already.

"So I take it that Hermione may already have a place in your heart?" Matthew asked.

"What are you talking about?" Harry inquired.

"It's just the way that the two of you look at each other. It looks like there's something there," Matthew explained.

"I don't have any idea what you're talking about," Harry replied nervously.

"You don't have to pretend with me. There's nothing wrong with falling for a friend," Matthew replied with a nudge.

"I know that and that's not the case between Hermione and me" Harry asked.

"Would it help if I thought that there was something on her side as well?" Matthew prodded.

Harry's head popped up and asked with interest, "Really?"

"I see I got your attention," Matthew commented with raised eyebrows and a sly grin.

"Just answer the question," Harry asked.

"Yep, I'd say to give the relationship a chance," Matthew told him.

"We are just friends," Harry said after a moment.

"Really, well can I give you a bit of advice?" Matthew asked.

"Sure," Harry replied.

"I would tone it down if I were you," Matthew commented.

"Tone what down?" Harry inquired.

"The way you are with Hermione just like before. It may cause quite a bit of jealously," Matthew advised.

"We were just goofing off," Harry answered.

"Others may see it as something else. You could easily be mistaken as a couple," Matthew commented before heading off.

Harry just smiled slightly and headed off to the hallway.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. As all of you know a few things have changed since the last time you tuned in. I am unhappy to say that Lisa Reeves due to a personal emergency had to return home and will not be returning to the show. How do you all feel about that? " Matthew asked.

"All of us are saddened by this news because we all were getting along quite well," Christine answered.

"We all feel sad that we are losing a friend," Chloe added.

"Lisa was a great girl and easy to get along with. We will all definitely miss her. Although it is also true that we have one less person to compete with though," Allie said with a tiny laugh.

The other girls laughed a little as well.

"That is true and honest too. What about you Harry?" Matthew asked.

"I saddened by the fact that I won't get a chance to get to know her even better and that I won't be able to spend more time with her. Things were going really well between us but I'm glad that she was able to go back home and deal with her personal emergency. I know that I would do the same," Harry replied.

"I agree that shows that she has a good sense of what's really important in life and makes me happy to know her," Hermione added.

"I totally agree with you," Christine added with a smile.

"Now tonight's rose ceremony will not take place and instead we will be having a group date. Harry, why don't you lead the way?" Matthew announced.

Harry nodded and said, "Are you guys ready to go?"

The girls nodded and followed Harry out the door.

"Ladies first," Harry said opening the door.

"Thank you. You are such a gentleman," Chloe replied with a smile.

Christine and Allie smiled as they also got into the limo.

Harry whispered, "You see they think I'm a gentleman."

"Only because they want you like them," Hermione whispered back teasingly.

"Why am I getting the feeling that you just want to burst my ego," Harry replied pushing her into the car.

"I'm just telling you the truth," Hermione whispered back with a grin.

Harry shot her a dirty look and entered in the limo himself.

"So where are we headed tonight?" Christine asked.

"Actually this time I don't really know. They just told me that it would be a surprise," Harry answered.

"Well then we will just have to wait," Allie replied with a smile.

"Yep, we do. I'm quite anxious myself," Harry replied grinning.

"So did they give you any more hints?" Chloe asked.

"Not really," Harry added.

"I think it's really nice for all of us to hang out together," Hermione commented.

"We haven't done much of a group date for some time. It will definitely be fun," Christine added.

"It looks like we're here," Harry said looking outside.

"Where exactly is here?" Christine asked.

"I think that it's a karaoke bar," Hermione replied looking out the window.

"Really?" Harry replied grimacing a bit.

"Is something wrong?" Allie asked concerned.

"Nothing is wrong," Harry replied back pulling a light smile.

"It looks like you are a bit tense," Hermione asked sweetly.

"I'm fine really," Harry answered.

Hermione laughed quietly.

"What's funny Hermione?" Chloe asked.

"I just had a flashback with one of my best friends and singing. It was a funny sight," Hermione replied.

"You mean that they can't sing?" Christine asked.

"No that was not what made it funny. He is not great singer but he wasn't horrible by all means. He just got picked to sing a song that wasn't right for his tone," Hermione explained.

"You friend must have been horrified," Chloe added.

"Oh he was completely mortified. Still is," Hermione answered looking at Harry.

"I would be embarrassed as well," Allie replied after a moment.

"Harry, how would you feel in that situation?" Hermione asked sweetly.

"Well if I was that person. I would only be a little embarrassed after all. It wasn't like he was a horrible singer. He just had to sing a bad song," Harry added.

"I'm sure that Harry has a great voice," Christine replied encouragingly.

"Thanks for your vote of confidence but I don't have a great voice," Harry answered gratefully.

"I'm sure that you're just being modest but I don't have that great a voice either," Chloe confided.

"I really doubt that," Harry added.

"I don't have that many fond karaoke memories myself which is why I haven't sang for quite some time," Chloe commented.

Harry grinned back at her in response.

"So who would like to sing first?" Allie asked changing the subject.

"I'd say that Hermione should go first," Harry answered.

"That's alright. I'm not ready yet," Hermione commented.

"Don't be nervous Hermione. I'm sure you'll do great," Christine added.

"Hermione you aren't afraid are you?" Harry asked.

"Of course not. I will go first if you guys insist on it," Hermione replied giving him a dirty glare.

"That's great. Let us pick you a song," Allie added.

"What kind of song would you like to sing?" Chloe asked.

"How about this one?" Harry suggested with a grin.

"That's a good choice," Christine commented.

"What song did you pick for me?" Hermione asked nervously.

"I'm sure you will be thrilled with the choice," Harry told her with a sly look in his eye.

"So what is it?" Hermione asked nervously.

"On my own from les Miserables," Harry answered.

"Really?" Hermione asked.

"Is that song a problem for you?" Chloe inquired.

"Of course not but I wouldn't expect anyone that I knew to pick that song for me," Hermione explained.

"Do you want us to pick you another?" Christine asked.

"No it will be fine," Hermione replied.

"You can do it," Chloe added.

"I know I can," Hermione replied directing the comment to Harry.

"Then go on and sing," Harry replied holding back his laughter.

Hermione smiled but was angry inside as she knew that Harry had done that on purpose because he remembered her debacle at the karaoke party during a few years ago. But what Harry didn't know what that she had practiced and seriously improved as she did a lot of work to prevent that kind of situation from occurring again.

Hermione got up to the mike and waited for the familiar words to appear on the screen.

"On my own," Hermione began to sing softly but firm at first and became more confident as the song continues on.

Harry was quite surprised at how good she sounded. It was quite different to the time that he had last heard her sing. She looked confident yet calm. She sounded really good. He should have known that she would have found a way to try and improve her technique in singing.

Once she was finished, everyone clapped. Harry the loudest especially and Hermione enjoyed the surprised look on his face and quickly winked at him with a smile.

"That was awesome Hermione," Christine told her.

"It was awesome. You made it sound like you had a terrible voice," Chloe teased her.

"Hermione you were just being modest weren't you?" Harry asked.

"I haven't sung in quite a long time and I wasn't sure what exactly I sounded like," Hermione replied sheepishly.

"Well you sounded pretty confident. If I didn't know anything I would think that you had taken some lessons," Harry added.

"I haven't taken any lessons at all but I did get some tips from a friend which helped quite a bit," Hermione replied.

"I agree that practice is quite important in order to sing well but if you have no talent then no matter how much you practice, it still won't do any good," Christine added.

"That is something that I agree with. There is this one girl that was in my high school who thought she was really talented entered our school talent competition being sure that she would win but ended up being teased about it for quite some time," Chloe added.

"So was her year ruined?" Allie asked.

"Oh no. Only a couple of weeks being that she was one of the most popular and influential people at our school which I find to be completely unfair," Chloe replied rolling her eyes.

"Don't you hate that?" Allie asked.

"Hate who?" Christine asked.

"People who others seem to like regardless of what they do," Allie explained.

"I don't know about that. I mean yeah if they are mean but the girl that I was talking about is actually really nice so it's hard to hate her," Chloe explained.

"Do you know someone like that?" Hermione asked.

"Not exactly, I mean I know her but we're not friends. In fact she doesn't even know that I exist," Allie replied.

"That sounds horrible. Do you want her to know you?" Christine asked softly.

"Is she important to you?" Chloe asked.

"I want her to know who I am but she's not important to me. But she should know everything," Allie replied in an angry yet eerie tone.

"Allie, what should she know?" Harry asked.

"I'm sorry but I don't want to talk about it anymore," Allie replied smiling slightly.

"It's alright. Are you okay?" Hermione asked.

"I'm fine. I think I'll go up next," Allie said standing up.

Chloe and Christine exchanged worried glances.

Hermione was beginning to get weird vibes coming from Allie. It worried her because she was getting the feeling that the comment was directed at her.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispered.

"I'm fine," Hermione told her with a slight smile.

Allie chose to sing the song He loves u not by Dream.

Her voice was similar to Hermione but she sang with more confidence and conviction in her voice. She danced with the music and made gestures in tune with the music.

Chloe and Christine clapped and said, "Great job Allie."

"Thanks you guys," Allie replied with a smile.

"Good job," Hermione told her .

"What did you think?" Allie asked turning towards Harry.

"I think you did a great job with the song," Harry told her.

"Not a song I would picture you singing," Chloe replied.

"I wanted to go for something a little bit different," Allie answered taking a sip of a drink.

"I'll go up next," Christine said standing up.

Christine chose to sing Celine Dion song "It's all coming back to me now."

As she was a singer she saw the song beautifully.

Hermione smiled and turned to look towards Harry and saw that he was engrossed in watching her and once again she felt a tinge of jealousy.

"Way to go Christine," Hermione told her once she was finished.

"You did an amazing job. Although you do have an unfair advantage over us," Chloe teased her.

"Great job Christine," Allie told her.

"You sang beautifully," Harry told her with admiration in her voice.

"Thanks you guys and I definitely have more experience than you guys but its not a competition is it?" Christine asked.

"Of course not," Hermione answered reassuringly.

Just then a waiter entered the room and handed Harry a piece of paper.

"What is it Harry?" Hermione asked.

"It looks like they have planned a game for us," Harry answered.

"What kind of game?" Chloe asked.

"Basically it's kind of a quiz to see how well you guys know each other and what exactly I know about you," Harry replied.

"That sounds interesting. So what are the questions?" Christine inquired.

"It says here that you guys have already answered these questions in a questionnaire that you guys filled in about a week ago and they chose from those questions," Harry added.

"Okay, I wondered why they wanted us to answer those questions," Chloe commented.

"So what's happening next?" Allie asked.

"Well we get to see your answers and mine," Harry told them.

A waitress entered the room and said, "I'm here to get the answers from Mr. Potter before revealing your answers."

"That'll be interesting to know," Chloe added.

"Okay then why don't we start with the first question," the waitress whose nametag said Alice.

"So who do you think would be considered the most energetic?" Alice asked.

"Out of all of the girls I would have to say Chloe," Harry replied with a smile.

"The girls seemed to think the same way," Alice replied.

"That's good right?" Harry asked.

"Yep I would think so. On to the next question, which of these girls do you think to be the heartbreaker?" Alice asked.

"Um.. that would be hard to judge from but I would say probably be Chloe or Allie. I'd guess I'd have to go with Chloe," Harry answered.

"Why would you say Chloe?" Alice asked.

"Well I'm not saying that she would mean to break hearts but from the way that she composes herself and she is beautiful that would very easily be the case," Harry answered.

"And why would you eliminate Allie?" Alice asked.

"Because from what I know of her she doesn't seem like that type of person from what she has told me," Harry answered.

"Okay that's good. Let's see how the results turned out. Now it looks interesting. It seems like Hermione and Chloe are tied," Alice answered.

"Hermione?" Harry asked surprised.

"You look surprised. Is there a reason for it?" Alice curiously asked.

"Hermione is not a heartbreaker, I mean just look at her. She's beautiful and smart and funny and I just don't see why anyone would think that about her," Harry explained and darted towards Hermione.

Hermione looked a little sad but otherwise fine and gave him a quick smile.

"Okay then on the second to last question then. Which girl remaining would you consider to be everybody's best friend?" Alice asked.

"Hermione," Harry answered quickly.

"That was really quick, I guess you already knew the answer to that one," Alice answered.

"Well we get along really well," Harry replied sheepishly.

"That's good. And the girls popular pick would be Hermione as well, So girls what do you think about Hermione?" Alice added.

"Well for me personally, I thought that we got along quite well and would definitely be able to be friends outside of the show and she's easy to talk to," Christine answered.

"That's good. Now down to the final question which is really strange in a way. If there was a crime to be committed and all of these girls were suspects. Who would be the last person that you suspect?" Alice asked.

"That'll have to be Hermione," Harry answered.

"And could you elaborate on why you chose Hermione?" Alice asked.

"Basically because Hermione is a caring, smart individual and she just wouldn't commit a crime," Harry answered.

"So basically it's just a feeling?" Alice probed.

"It's just that the moment I met her, I knew that I could trust her. No reason why, it's just a feeling that I got," Harry explained.

"We do depend on a feeling in our gut a lot. According to these result, the winner was Christine but Hermione was a close second," Alice replied.

"That was kind of fun, Is there anything else Alice?" Harry asked.

"Actually there is one final thing that will be announced after the last person has sung," Alice replied leaving the room.

"Chloe you're up," Hermione told her encouragingly.

"Okay I'm going to pick I'll be by Edwin McCain, "Chloe replied flipping through the pages.

"I like that song. Don't butcher it," Allie teased her.

"I'll try my best," Chloe replied back in mock anger.

Christine just laughed.

Chloe started off the song very softly at first and then quietly but then came back much stronger. She was not the best singer but she could hold her own and Harry admired her determination to finish the song even though she could not always find the right note.

"Good job Chloe. It was awesome," Hermione told her.

"Yep it was good for a amateur and you didn't butcher it up too badly," Allie answered.

"Thanks I think," Chloe told Allie.

"No it was a compliment," Allie added.

"You did a good job Chloe. Don't listen to Allie. It was not at all butchered," Christine told Allie.

"Thanks Christine. I think I'll take the compliment of a real professional," Chloe commented.

"One that is too nice," Allie added in undertone.

"Did you say something?" Christine asked.

"Nothing," Allie told her pouring herself some water.

"So are you guys all ready for the final surprise?" Alice asked.

"Sure," the girls chimed in together.

"Okay then," Alice said handing them a envelope.

Dear Allie, Christine Chloe and Hermione,

I hope that you have all enjoyed the date and had some fun for tonight will be the final night for one of you. There will be an elimination ceremony tonight after all.

Thanks

Ken.

"A rose ceremony?" Chloe asked surprised and a little uneasy.

"I had no idea myself. Wow They didn't tell me either," Harry answered surprised.

Just then Alice came in and handed him the phone.

"Hello?" Harry asked.

"The rose ceremony will take place as soon as she guys get back to the house so be ready," Ken replied.

"So soon?" Harry asked.

"Yep so make your decision carefully but quickly," Ken told him

"Okay," Harry answered.

"It was a last minute decision so I wasn't able to tell you earlier," Ken explained apologetically.

All of the girls left the karaoke place quickly in the car and all were quickly driven back to the mansion.

Hermione gave him a quick reassuring squeeze as she left the limo.

Harry smiled in response and waited in the limo. At this point in the show they had agreed previously that Hermione would be eliminated earlier on in the game but now he wasn't so sure. He was wrestling with his decision as he wasn't a hundred percent confident in his feelings at this point. It was happening must too quickly and he had wanted more time to think.

Harry got out of the limo a few minutes later and took a deep breath and walked inside.

Matthew greeted him as he entered and shook his hand.

"Are you ready?" Matthew asked.

"I guess so. Not that I have much choice do I?" Harry asked.

"I guess not but I'm sure you'll make the best choice," Matthew commented with a smile.

"I'm as ready as I can be," Harry told him signalling to start and looking across the room and seeing that Allie and Chloe were in some sort of discussion.

"Ladies and gentleman welcome to a special rose ceremony where one of our lovely ladies will be eliminated tonight," Matthew said into the mike.

Harry walked towards the table and grabbed a rose and took a deep breath.

"Hermione," Harry called out.

Hermione gasped in surprise but caught herself and walked up.

"Will you take this rose?" Harry asked.

"I will," Hermione replied nodding and gave him hug.

Harry said, "I still need you."

Hermione smiled and kissed him lightly on the mouth surprising the both.

Harry was surprised at first and smiled at her as she walked back to her place.

"Christine, will you accept this rose?" Harry asked.

"Yes, I'd love to," Christine answered with a smile and Harry gave her a quick hug before pulling back.

Harry was looking at Allie and Chloe and was about the call out the name of the person to receive the final rose.

Chloe walked forward and said in a quivering voice, "I'm sorry but I can't do this. It's all my fault."

"What is it?" Christine asked.

Chloe burst into tears.

-->